Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angry about fairy type!!!

Default Angry about fairy type!!!

When I saw the news I litirally screamed NOOOO!
    Why does dragon need a weakness! Now salamence and garchomp are WORTHLESS!
    I am really angry now. Changing people's types, this messes up all the battles and every team should be re calculated.

While I don't like Fairy type themeatically, and I feel it to be unneeded. I have to disagree with your reasoning.

Firstly, no really good Pokemon so far have been named to be fairy type. Unless that changes, we don't know how any Pokemon's usefulness will be changed. Secondly, Fairy type could be terrible for all we know.

That's sort of the point. The new type will bring lesser used Pokemon into the scene. As for your comment that Salamence and Garchomp will be worthless, 600 BST is nothing to scoff at. I don't see them going anywhere.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

A new type revealed after so long surprised me, but it won't ruin the game. It give dragon types another weakness besides ice plus pokemon that that been banned form compitive play like salamence and garchomp will be able to enter since now a means to counter them.

Congratulations on being the first. You'll now get bragging rights declaring that you, in fact, said it sucked first, before the game even came out! I'm sure 4chan and the YouTube comments section will build a shrine in your honor.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 11th June 2013 at 8:29 PM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by cantavanda View Post
    Why does dragon need a weakness!
    Because its only two weaknesses prior to Fairy were Ice and Dragon. Not to mention that they are quite powerful

Now salamence and garchomp are WORTHLESS!
    That is most definitely not the case. As others have said, 600 BST prevents this from happening. Not to mention their movepools most likely contain at least one of the types that Fairies will end up being weak to.

Changing people's types, this messes up all the battles and every team should be re calculated.
    That's pretty much the point of a new type. It is meant to upset previous strategies and teams so that people will have to change them rather than use the same ones they've always used.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    A new type revealed after so long surprised me, but it won't ruin the game. It give dragon types another weakness besides ice plus pokemon that that been banned form compitive play like salamence and garchomp will be able to enter since now a means to counter them.
    This isn't 4th gen... In 5th gen Salamance and Garchomp (with Rough Skin only) aren't banned from competitive play.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I think someone is over-reacting. What if all the fairy type pokemon would be weak or have weak moves? You don't know yet.
    With that said, I am puzzled by why it is super effective on dragons. It makes no sense. Dragons being weak to poison would make much more sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    Firstly, no really good Pokemon so far have been named to be fairy type.
    If Fairy is truly immune to Dragon, Azumarill will rocket up. Huge Power, Dragon immunity, Superpower, probably a physical Fairy move allowing for murder of Dragons. Little guy is already not too bad. Now he may get crazy awesome.
    Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?

Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!

Come say hello in our Chat Thread and we'll help you Get Started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary Pokemon? The choice is yours!

We're a friendly bunch. We don't bite. What more could you want!

ASB: Trainer Level 4 -- All Around Terrible Battler

Quote Originally Posted by Atratus View Post
    I think someone is over-reacting. What if all the fairy type pokemon would be weak or have weak moves? You don't know yet.
    With that said, I am puzzled by why it is super effective on dragons. It makes no sense. Dragons being weak to poison would make much more sense to me.
    Mythology my friend, mythology. Fairy's Magic was always used to slay dragons
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

OK, while there won't be anything overly bad as a result of the Fairy type, I have to disagree with how it has come about. IMO it's far too late for a new type and has been since Gamefreak decided not to introduce any new types for Gen 3. Fairy is also quite similar to Normal and shares some similarities to Ghost. Also, Clefairy and Clefable are described as fairy Pokemon. They should be the only Pokemon therefore imo, to be linked with fairies and no type should be made that is the same as a species that at least one Pokemon is based off.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Really? I never heard of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Unoin View Post
    OK, while there won't be anything overly bad as a result of the Fairy type, I have to disagree with how it has come about. IMO it's far too late for a new type and has been since Gamefreak decided not to introduce any new types for Gen 3. Fairy is also quite similar to Normal and shares some similarities to Ghost. Also, Clefairy and Clefable are described as fairy Pokemon. They should be the only Pokemon therefore imo, to be linked with fairies and no type should be made that is the same as a species that at least one Pokemon is based off.
    Well... Charmeleon and Charizard are known as the Flame species, which is a more fancy way of say Fire. But on that note, I agree that 3rd gen would have been better suited for a new type then 4 generations later after the first new introduction

I'm more worried about my beloved Dragonite than Salamence or Garchomp, but considering I don't play competitively anyway, it probably won't affect me much...

This is a chance for older Pokemon that may not have been the best to step up and shine. There's no real downside to that, and thus, I'll be accepting the Fairy-type with open arms~

Granted, people will be upset about it and I can understand that. But really, there's no reason to get your knickers in a bunch. Pokemon introduces a new type, it's not the end of the world. (Otherwise, the world would've ended in Gen II, haha.)

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

wow this is true, I didn't think about that till you said it
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

HOLY CRAP.

But... shouldn't it have been called "magic type" or something? Because "Fairy type" sounds way too girly to me, and it's almost hard to take seriously just hearing about it. But if there are really powerful moves and the Pokémon are good, then I wouldn't mind it (though old Pokémon being given that type made me go "whyyyyyy", it sounds really unnecessary to me). Of course, if this turns out to be another Gen I Psychic type, then there are going to be issues with the game breaking, and we would have the right to be upset.

But yeah, cantavanda, I think you're over-reacting a little bit. Let's give it some time before we completely judge the type.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by kusari View Post
    If Fairy is truly immune to Dragon, Azumarill will rocket up. Huge Power, Dragon immunity, Superpower, probably a physical Fairy move allowing for murder of Dragons. Little guy is already not too bad. Now he may get crazy awesome.
    It still depends, for all we know, Fairy might be weak to dragons also.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    Dragon types are also weak to dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    HOLY CRAP.

But... shouldn't it have been called "magic type" or something? Because "Fairy type" sounds way too girly to me, and it's almost hard to take seriously just hearing about it. But if there are really powerful moves and the Pokémon are good, then I wouldn't mind it (though old Pokémon being given that type made me go "whyyyyyy", it sounds really unnecessary to me). Of course, if this turns out to be another Gen I Psychic type, then there are going to be issues with the game breaking, and we would have the right to be upset.

But yeah, cantavanda, I think you're over-reacting a little bit. Let's give it some time before we completely judge the type.
    And what's so bad about '' sounding girly '' or whatever? Is femininity suddenly bad? I don't really understand this mindset.

I'm happy though, Fairy type is probably going to be one of my favourites.

They might take that away from Dragons. (The self weakness that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
    And what's so bad about '' sounding girly '' or whatever? Is femininity suddenly bad? I don't really understand this mindset.
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

I'm not saying femininity is bad, but considering how Pokémon tends to appeal more to boys than girls, it feels a bit out of place to me. I'm sure the young girl players will be all "YAAAAAAY" while the boys go "Ugh!", but yeah. If "fairy" has more of a special attack moveset and it's almost magical in a way, it could've also worked with "Wizard-type" or even "Magician/Sorcerer-type". *shrugs* I just personally can't take "fairy" seriously on its own. So hopefully the moves and Pokémon are really cool so it'll be a "beware the nice ones" reveal in a way.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I'll admit, I'm not completely accepting this Fairy type stuff, but I do believe you're overreacting. I agree that it is pretty late to add in a new type, but it will help balance the metagame against the Dragons that you see everywhere.
    I'll put something here...eventually

It's not that the type is too good, it's the mons themselves. (Again, I'm talking about Dragon Type).
    Last edited by Mr Dragon; 11th June 2013 at 8:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    ...shouldn't it have been called "magic type" or something? Because "Fairy type" sounds way too girly to me...
    It's really not that girly. In the old stories, fairies would do stuff like tearing people's faces off, cutting out housewives' tongues, stripping all the flesh from a horse in under four minutes...
    Also if it helps, there's this guy.

@ cantavanda:
    I understand you're frustrated, but it doesn't make your dragons worthless, rather it levels the playing field a little. As for re-calculating your team, don’t you do that for new games anyways? So that you can include new pokemon?

Honestly, I think I would have preferred something other that Fairy, but I think we should at least give it a chance. I’m sure they put a lot of work into figuring out how the new type should be incorporated, and while there’s bound to be a flaw or two, I’m sure it’ll be pretty much fair.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

I actually really like the idea. Much better than "Light-type" (I would have screamed because that's just so cliched to me D; ). I also like that they are shaking things up, it'll make game play more interesting.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast