Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Angry about fairy type!!!

but really i agree with the people who like this, i am a guy and i bearly see any reason to hate this new type even if it's feminine i'm still gonna catch slyveon and i'm still gonna love pokemon, honestly the newname could be girly type i'd still use slyveon as long as it super effects dragon which alone is enough reason to love it.
    Fire Red Team
    Emerald Team
    Platinum Team
    Heart Gold Team
    Black 2 Team
    Pokemon X Team
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team:

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

people

1) stop with your sexist/homophobic whatever attitude. fairy is just in a sense of mythological or mystical. marill is in no way your typical girl fairies. it's a freaken water balloon creature-thing. Please remember that "fairy" is translated from japanese, so when considering a "fairy" type, maybe use your anime Pokemon Japanese root like how Ninetales and Gyarados have Japanese mythological origins?

Also, marill and jigglypuff and gardevoir don't have wings like fairies. While Gardevoir is strictly female as of gen IV, the other poke aren't

2) We don't even know the whole list of Pokemon that will get the new fairy typing, unless you originally like them like Marill and Gardevoir. In the case that we still don't know everything and you don't know, don't *****,

3) Maill is not freaken pink girly fairy dang it. Whatever that makes Nintendo sees it as fairy, it's not the western fairytale bedtime story sense, get it?

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

^ So much yes.

Just calm down. It looks great.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (Friend Safari)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Yep. Kacho has his point.

I'm happy for the type to be here. :P

I can't believe most of you people. I really can't. So I'm going to say it niiiiice, and simple, as some of you just don't get it.

1. IT ISN'T GIRLY. IN WHAT WAY IS IT GIRLY. (And don't say 'Because it's feminine, and pink, and fairies are girly, blah.

2. IT ISN'T MAKING DRAGON TYPES WORTHLESS. (If you're going to fight dragons, just don't use fairies.

3. THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET. (So, you can't really hate on it just yet. :/

4. IT ISN'T GOING TO RUIN YOUR PRECIOUS TEAMS.

I love it so much, it's so cute and it'll make things more interesting. :3

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Also, I thought fairies are evil in traditional folklores before people water down it to be not scary and kiddie? :P

Flying Safari:

See everyone? People take fairies weirdly seriously.

Hm, at first I was turned off at the idea of a Fairy type, seemed a bit too kiddy I guess, I get Pokemon's a kid game but still.

But then reading the posts, didn't occur to me the fairies I was thinking of, aren't all small with pink wings and flying into the sky spraying fairy dust all over people. Although I haven't actually seen any shows/movies that portray fairies in a dangerous way (Every mythology creature, even Unicorns I have seen that shows use as darkness. Witches. Vampires, Werewolves, Mermaids, Unicorns etc, but fairies are kinda left out when it comes to horror/thriller movies). Although there was a Charmed and Buffy book that portrayed fairies as mischievous (In one they were dicks, and the other they took babies, changelings).

So I think now I can get used to it. Besides Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Mew etc have always had that small look of fairy to them, Clefairy constantly referred as one (I know they weren't mentioned, but I hope they are aleast that type). Darn Gardevoir though, I don't want her to be fairy, will be more annoying as a dark type lol.

Plus, I did get used to Sims 3 and their fairies/faes. Maybe there will be a Poison/Fairy or Dark/Fairy type (That bat might have a secondary one? And there's no way that thing is a good fairy haha)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Cobra View Post
    As rumored, these Fairy types will be weak against Poison and Steel, which I hope is true, since Poison currently only hits Grass types super effectively, so I think it could make offensive Poison moves more popular.
    I would love this to be true, Poison types really need some love!!

Credit for this banner goes to Rikku Takanashi

Credit for this banner goes to Chapter of Charizard

Eh, some of them are. The Asian ones (which I think GF is basing the type off of) are more of pranksters. Most of the spirits/fairies/demons (...they use similar characters) are operating on their own logic, totally separate from human logic. They might reward humans for being nice to them...or eat humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill
    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249
    So now it's not enough that we beat the NPCs, now we have to steal their clothes as well? Isn't this basically mugging them?
    Suddenly the aim of the Pokémon games is apparent. It isn't to catch them all, or to be the best trainer, or to learn about the values of friendship with strange monsters that can breathe fire and whatnot.

It's to beat up other people for their hats and jackets.
    3DS FC: 0018-1095-7707
    Friend Safari: Pancham, Mankey, and Breloom
    Accepting any except for Electric
    PM me before you add me

Quote Originally Posted by wayjun View Post
    Eh, some of them are. The Asian ones (which I think GF is basing the type off of) are more of pranksters. Most of the spirits/fairies/demons (...they use similar characters) are operating on their own logic, totally separate from human logic. They might reward humans for being nice to them...or eat humans.
    This is why I like the fairy-type. Makes me wonder if Whimsicott will be part Fairy? I could easily see that.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by Willow's Tara View Post
    Hm, at first I was turned off at the idea of a Fairy type, seemed a bit too kiddy I guess, I get Pokemon's a kid game but still.

But then reading the posts, didn't occur to me the fairies I was thinking of, aren't all small with pink wings and flying into the sky spraying fairy dust all over people. Although I haven't actually seen any shows/movies that portray fairies in a dangerous way (Every mythology creature, even Unicorns I have seen that shows use as darkness. Witches. Vampires, Werewolves, Mermaids, Unicorns etc, but fairies are kinda left out when it comes to horror/thriller movies). Although there was a Charmed and Buffy book that portrayed fairies as mischievous (In one they were dicks, and the other they took babies, changelings).

So I think now I can get used to it. Besides Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Mew etc have always had that small look of fairy to them, Clefairy constantly referred as one (I know they weren't mentioned, but I hope they are aleast that type). Darn Gardevoir though, I don't want her to be fairy, will be more annoying as a dark type lol.

Plus, I did get used to Sims 3 and their fairies/faes. Maybe there will be a Poison/Fairy or Dark/Fairy type (That bat might have a secondary one? And there's no way that thing is a good fairy haha)
    some sci fi tv shows (I think) portray fairies as assholes who kill humans

remember that the old, historical fairytales were meant to scare kids to poop

Flying Safari:

Not only will the Fairy-type impact the Dragon-type, but it will also impact the use of other types that may affect it.

Dragon types were a little OP, I'll admit. So I think Fairy will shake things up big time.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Although I'm not a huge fan of the name a new type is very welcome in my book. Hopefully we're not going to get a shipload of Fairy-types right off the bat though.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Ice is more OP than Dragons (offensively).

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    some sci fi tv shows (I think) portray fairies as assholes who kill humans

remember that the old, historical fairytales were meant to scare kids to poop
    Oh yeah, I think I have heard some of those old fairytales, the ones that didn't originally end in a happy ending. I think so, for some reason I am thinking Torchwood had fairies that killed people, but it's been a long time so it might be a different one. (Supernatural has never had any, but they did have a Unicorn kill someone).

Yeah, I think Disney and all that jazz made me see fairies in that way. Which makes no sense as I see Witches as both good and evil, thanks to Charmed, and because of Buffy/Angel I can see some vampires with a soul or good. I still don't get why I would think like that, I mean witches/vampires are technically on the other side thanks to Disney. I felt the same about Unicorns, but hey I like Rapidash who's like a Unicorn on fire). And never actually seeing the fairies kill someone I think kinda made them more different (Although give me a story with a fairy in it.. You aren't gonna get a happy ending fairytale, and the fairies will not be Lawfully Good, infact I might put some evil ones in a story I got going now).

Even freaking Werewolves I can see as able to be controlled, thanks to Angel/Buffy/Supernatural. But there will be a time when the fairies become an different part of the world (Look at all the movies they created from fairytales lately. Snow White and the Witch Hunter or whatever, Hansel and Gretal who looks like they are blowing things up in the trailer they keep showing, hell Once Upon a Time is a different twist, the witch in the fairytale is portrayed evil and just that, however the Evil Queen/Regina in OUaT is portrayed as in the gray area, she's a evil ***** but you know why she ended up like that, and she even tries to change later.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Can't to see what it's weak against! Hopefully a type like Poison, as someone mentioned before me, that is in desperate need of being more relevant.

-Elite Four Karen

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    I think you're getting "I don't like it" mixed up with "It is forced."

"It is forced" means that some Nintendo exec said you need to introduce a new type and Game Freak dragged their feet kicking and screaming and only did it because they were ordered to rather than it being a genuine creative idea thought up to improve the series.

"I don't like it" is your personal opinion.

So unless you have evidence that this was "forced" somehow, stop trying to dress up your opinion with made up facts.
    Without defending Mr Dragon's overall position, I can say with some confidence that you misunderstand what he means by "forced." Think more along the lines of "the humor in this show, movie, etc. is forced." It means something entirely different than "someone forced them to make that joke, quip, etc."

Quote Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
    And what's so bad about '' sounding girly '' or whatever? Is femininity suddenly bad? I don't really understand this mindset.

I'm happy though, Fairy type is probably going to be one of my favourites.
    Being happy about Fairy type is also a mindset that numerous little boys don't understand, either. Which should explain the sort of people I think are doing the most objection to Fairy type.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
    Because some of them are offending to the female gender, like this: fairies make me think of feminine things -> can't take fairy type seriously and don't enjoy girly things -> i don't like fairy type = which is basically saying feminine things are less than neutral/masculine things which is basically misogyny. I'll still say this though, even if fairies was overall a feminine type, it wouldn't be a bad thing, because there's nothing wrong with feminine things, women being feminine or just women.

There.

But I'm really happy myself over the Fairy type and it being super effective against Dragons. HYYYPE!
    It would be an exaggeration to call that misogyny. It is the same type of mentality found in some little boys, i.e., thinking girls "have cooties" or "are gross."

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    1) stop with your sexist/homophobic whatever attitude.
    It may be worthwhile for you to calm down as well. I've already discussed the issue of it being an exaggeration to call this overtly sexist, but there is even less reason to call this homophobic. Unless you believe that homosexuals have some kind of claim on the word "fairy" now?

Quote Originally Posted by Janice Quatlane View Post
    Just trying to protect my gender... We aren't all Barbie dolls with rainbow wings that light up y'know.
    This post seems to epitomize everything about this debate, everything right and everything wrong. It just about made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Dragon View Post
    I'm not complaining. I just think it's funny finding out that fairies are serious business. It's like finding about the my little pony fandom all over again.
    I suspect that quite a few people have thought of that comparison. It's vaguely possible that the "Brony" demographic actually contributed to their decision to make Fairy types, and who knows? It just might have the potential to gain popularity because of that!

From a gameplay standpoint, I think an adjustment to the type system will be a very useful thing. That's about all I have to say on the matter.

Sprites ripped by Yoshi Clone of spritersresource.com. Banner by my brother ShinySandshrew.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFightingPikachu View Post
    It may be worthwhile for you to calm down as well. I've already discussed the issue of it being an exaggeration to call this overtly sexist, but there is even less reason to call this homophobic. Unless you believe that homosexuals have some kind of claim on the word "fairy" now?
    okay, I am calm now lol.

I think I also wrote "other reasons" because some people might have weirdest reason...

"they sparkle like [fandom]"

Flying Safari:

I find this interesting too and I would not be surprised if they put a Zelda reference in there for the Zelda fans. Just imagine a Pokémon resembling Navi or those great fairies from Wind Waker or other Zelda games. And for the evolution of Evee, or an item can reference it. Who knows, maybe a move that revives one of your pokemon fully like how fairys do on the Legend of Zelda games when you lose all your hearts and a fairy revives you if you have one in a bottle. And maybe a reference to a certain and rather annoying character Navi from Ocarina of Time. Now they will have to make another Arceus Plate for the Fairy Type

This got 5 pages? It's not even in the right forum!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdi...p-Y-Discussion there are a few topics where it's being discussed, pick one and knock yourself out.
    If you want to fight me on Smash Bros or race me on Mario Kart 8 send me a PM or VM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345