Thread: fairy type and Hidden Power calculation

Default fairy type and Hidden Power calculation

What about Hidden Power move if fairy type is included?

Will there be a new type of calculation? They'll need to include the possibility of fairy type now.

Now, the chances of Hidden Power type matches the type you want will decrease from 6,25% (1/16) down to 5,56% (1/17).

I use Pokemon Showdown, so I'm not that bothered.

But chances are Fairy-Type will be added. It'd be weird if not, as it's meant to contain all types except normal.

That came to my mind whenever Fairy type was confirmed. Hidden power makes certain type moves available to Pokemon that they would not be able to learn otherwise. With that said, I believe it has to be included--otherwise the purpose of HP will be thrown off. I see 3 possibilities:

1) IF it is included HP will be recalculated. I can see this happening since they said fairy type would add to the strategy of the game. This recalculation might change the important HPs as we know them. However, if the recalculation results in a change of all HPs, it is kinda unfair for people who already have Pokemon with a certain HP (this will affect people who play competitively in global/regional/national tournaments or just through WiFi-- a good chunk of the community).

2) Another possibility I see is that they leave certain hidden powers as they are and simply replace SOME of the lesser used ones with fairy. Like say, HP Dark (which is 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31), while leaving Fire/Ice/Grass alone. However, the only way this could happen is to find a certain calculation that will allow for those important high HPs to stay the same.

3) The last possibility I see is that they DO NOT change HP. What will happen to fairy? Perhaps they will make some unique move or something that every other Pokemon can learn (similar to Toxic).
    DS FC: 5043 1738 6767
    Please remember to get online in-game at the same time at least once in order to unlock the hidden abilities of the Pokemon in the Friend Safari.

Due new calculation, HP type might change in Pokemons that were transfered from Gen V to Gen VI.

For example, my Pokemon's Hidden Power type is Ice in Black2 and upon being transfered to X/Y, due the new HP calculation, its type became rock.

Probably will be added, but I've no idea how it will be determined (never been the person who pays attention to formulas in Pokemon)...
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Does anyone even use the move Hidden Power?

Credit for this banner goes to Rikku Takanashi

Credit for this banner goes to Chapter of Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Due new calculation, HP type might change in Pokemons that were transfered from Gen V to Gen VI.

For example, my Pokemon's Hidden Power type is Ice in Black2 and upon being transfered to X/Y, due the new HP calculation, its type became rock.
    Nah, not necessarily. It could be that there is a redundant variable that stored the type of Hidden Power in XY and once the IVs of a pokemon generated in XY are set, that variable will also be determined from XY's algorithm. And if one would transfer a pokemon from previous generation, all the information would be copy pasted without going through HP calculation process and just set the HP value according to the old value to ensure an environment free from raging gamers.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!