Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Spider-Man *Potential Spoilers*

Default Ultimate Spider-Man *Potential Spoilers*

Hey guys, this thread is for the animated series Ultimate Spider-Man. If you haven't seen it, go here for more:

info:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimat...an_(TV_series)

Also if you haven't heard, there's is gonna be a third season so yay!!

Anyways, discuss away!! Just remember the rules guys.

Enjoy!!
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Ultimate Spiderman hmmmm....

LOVE the comic

ABSOLUTELY HATE
    the show. Spectacular Spider-Man was possibly the greatest Spider-Man animation yet and it got cancelled by Sony. (If I'm right, they traded it for movie rights) I'll never get over it, but I figured this show would be somewhat similar in quality. Boy oh boy was I wrong. It feels extremely dumbed down, but I will give Drake Bell credit. He does a decent Spidey, but he's no Josh Keaton or Neil Patrick Harris.

The comic on the otherhand is my favorite comic. The Miles Morales story is getting better and better. I'm glad he bumped into Gwen Stacy, she's changed quite a bit since the whole New-Venom thing. I definitely want to see Roxxon's plan go into action and more of Jessica Drew. It's pretty much the only physical part of Peter we have left besides The Scorpion that S.H.I.E.L.D. contained. My favorite arc in the comic would have to be the Clone Saga, oh man a lot of buildup and tension. Seriously great.

Honestly I don't understand the complaint about the show. The whole point of the show is to make you laugh and it does. This show is hella fun and there is good action, I really don't understand the complaints.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Really hate what they've done to Nova...
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

My only complaint so far of this Spiderman series is the battles getting interrupted by these little comedy slaps.

Everything else, I'm okay with. Gets the job done of being entertaining and having great animations.
    "Real life is heartbreak, despair, kid. Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow, the leprechauns went and booby-trapped it."

Credits to pokefan#493. Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Really hate what they've done to Nova...
    Well not really knowing anything about Nova, care to elaborate??

Ugh boy, where do I begin? The show's okay, the animation is good, the voice acting is solid, and the fight scenes are very enjoyable. What ruins the show for most people is the interpretations of the main characters. The fourth-wall breaking was never part of the character, inner monologues yes, but never these horrid jokes. Plus the comebacks aren't that great either. The Spider-Cycle? Seriously? He doesn't need that, just more web fluid! Horrid toy ad plus imagine the amount of car crashes that would cause due to drivers going "Oh my God! It's Spider-man!" Drake Bell does an amazing job as the web-head which is more noticeable in other shows.

Main gripes out of the way, now for the other characters of the cast. I know characters around the main character's age is fine but they didn't need to introduce a new White Tiger and Nova or chang the age of Power Man and Iron Fist, they had characters to already choose from like Ice Man and Human Torch (Spidey's roommates). Nova is way too off the wall while Iron Fist's mantras get repetitive which both get annoying. Otherwise, the characters and dialogue are solid.

As a kids' show, it can get away with this. As an adaptation of comicbooks (whose main demographic is teen-agers), not so much. No less whatever makes you a quick buck is all that matters to the people behind the show. Also, I've said this many times before but major props to Steve Blum in the episode where the title character and Wolverine switched bodies as he nailed Spidey's personality and tone.

The drop in quality from Spectacular stings even more but people still have to get over that it's never coming back. They're also disgusted that Ultimate got renewed for a third season and continue their childish complaining. You want it to end? Stop giving it attention!

Do I mind you liking the show? No, by all means more power to you however do understand that a lot of people disagree with you.

I did catch a few episodes of the '90s Spider-Man cartoon on Disney XD the past few nights. I know it's a '90s cartoon but the presentation, just horrid! I was able to sit through it but despite the proper adaptations, I hated it more than Ultimate.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Ugh boy, where do I begin? The show's okay, the animation is good, the voice acting is solid, and the fight scenes are very enjoyable. What ruins the show for most people is the interpretations of the main characters. The fourth-wall breaking was never part of the character, inner monologues yes, but never these horrid jokes. Plus the comebacks aren't that great either. The Spider-Cycle? Seriously? He doesn't need that, just more web fluid! Horrid toy ad plus imagine the amount of car crashes that would cause due to drivers going "Oh my God! It's Spider-man!" Drake Bell does an amazing job as the web-head which is more noticeable in other shows.

Main gripes out of the way, now for the other characters of the cast. I know characters around the main character's age is fine but they didn't need to introduce a new White Tiger and Nova or chang the age of Power Man and Iron Fist, they had characters to already choose from like Ice Man and Human Torch (Spidey's roommates). Nova is way too off the wall while Iron Fist's mantras get repetitive which both get annoying. Otherwise, the characters and dialogue are solid.

As a kids' show, it can get away with this. As an adaptation of comicbooks (whose main demographic is teen-agers), not so much. No less whatever makes you a quick buck is all that matters to the people behind the show. Also, I've said this many times before but major props to Steve Blum in the episode where the title character and Wolverine switched bodies as he nailed Spidey's personality and tone.

The drop in quality from Spectacular stings even more but people still have to get over that it's never coming back. They're also disgusted that Ultimate got renewed for a third season and continue their childish complaining. You want it to end? Stop giving it attention!

Do I mind you liking the show? No, by all means more power to you however do understand that a lot of people disagree with you.

I did catch a few episodes of the '90s Spider-Man cartoon on Disney XD the past few nights. I know it's a '90s cartoon but the presentation, just horrid! I was able to sit through it but despite the proper adaptations, I hated it more than Ultimate.
    Oh honestly, I wish people would get the hell over this it's not exactly like te comic book stuff and just watch the damn show like you have never heard of these characters(with the exception of Spiderman and Fury, I haven't).

Newsflash to everybody but NOTHING is exactly like it's book. Not the Avengers, Harry Potter, Pokemon etc etc...the list goes on and on. People need to cool there roles with the not everything is represented to the T.

I never read the comic books and outside of the three Spider Man movies, don't know squat diggly about Spiders world. I'm fine with this, cuz it allows me to enjoy the show for what it is, a comedy about Spiderman. And the show is great at that. Say what you will but Spiderman is funny as hell here and that is the whole point.

The only character I don't care for is Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh honestly, I wish people would get the hell over this it's not exactly like te comic book stuff and just watch the damn show like you have never heard of these characters(with the exception of Spiderman and Fury, I haven't).

Newsflash to everybody but NOTHING is exactly like it's book. Not the Avengers, Harry Potter, Pokemon etc etc...the list goes on and on. People need to cool there roles with the not everything is represented to the T.

I never read the comic books and outside of the three Spider Man movies, don't know squat diggly about Spiders world. I'm fine with this, cuz it allows me to enjoy the show for what it is, a comedy about Spiderman. And the show is great at that. Say what you will but Spiderman is funny as hell here and that is the whole point.

The only character I don't care for is Nova.
    It's not that it's not faithful to the comic books. Spectacular Spider-Man wasn't that dedicated to any specific comic yet it was arguably the best Spider-Man animated show ever. (I as well like the 90s show, but I definitely see it's huge flaws, the censorship from that time period, the nonstop talking, etc) (And for the record I know it's incredibly silly, but I will never get over Spectacular Spider-man getting cancelled. It probably would've lessened the blow if I didn't hate this one so much.)

The thing that I think bugs mostly me and possibly everyone the most is if anything, probably the tone and agenda of the series. As said before....The Spider-Cycle? I know Spidey is a cash cow, but way to force it down the throat with this. And Spider-Man has always been funny, but those first four or so episodes I've seen just felt seriously dumbed down. Although I will say that I like certain things they did differently, like Harry becoming Venom. I always like when something gets Ultimatized like that. (different origin story just for new possibilities) And way too much of that Family Guy Cutaway stuff. And the whole 'superhero of the week' thing somewhat bugs me (Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, though I do understand that the Wolverine one happened in the comics, but I personally didn't like that one in either version). I'm not saying Spidey shouldn't have team up moments with great heroes but they stack up like when they were doing it in Smallville. It becomes a nuisance after a while and feels like Spider-Man can't get views or plot by himself with his own characters.

Also, it wouldn't feel as draining to me if his cast (not counting superheroes of the week) came gradually and not all at once. I know it's not suppose to be like the comics, but I liked how Human Torch slid into Peter's life, left for a bit, came back here and there and eventually became an actual character. Same with Kitty Pride, not so much Iceman, but that I've gotten used to. Maybe he could've started with one of his friends being a superhero, like Nova or White Tiger being friends with Mary and Harry just to ease it in. Then little by little the rest of the cast shows up, as well as Fury,. Again, my two cents. It's just Ultimate had so much potential if anything because it came after Spectacular and the comic was a success. I mean, Avengers EMH found a nice balance between story, humor and all without it feeling dumbed down, why couldn't this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
    It's not that it's not faithful to the comic books. Spectacular Spider-Man wasn't that dedicated to any specific comic yet it was arguably the best Spider-Man animated show ever. (I as well like the 90s show, but I definitely see it's huge flaws, the censorship from that time period, the nonstop talking, etc) (And for the record I know it's incredibly silly, but I will never get over Spectacular Spider-man getting cancelled. It probably would've lessened the blow if I didn't hate this one so much.)

The thing that I think bugs mostly me and possibly everyone the most is if anything, probably the tone and agenda of the series. As said before....The Spider-Cycle? I know Spidey is a cash cow, but way to force it down the throat with this. And Spider-Man has always been funny, but those first four or so episodes I've seen just felt seriously dumbed down. Although I will say that I like certain things they did differently, like Harry becoming Venom. I always like when something gets Ultimatized like that. (different origin story just for new possibilities) And way too much of that Family Guy Cutaway stuff. And the whole 'superhero of the week' thing somewhat bugs me (Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, though I do understand that the Wolverine one happened in the comics, but I personally didn't like that one in either version). I'm not saying Spidey shouldn't have team up moments with great heroes but they stack up like when they were doing it in Smallville. It becomes a nuisance after a while and feels like Spider-Man can't get views or plot by himself with his own characters.

Also, it wouldn't feel as draining to me if his cast (not counting superheroes of the week) came gradually and not all at once. I know it's not suppose to be like the comics, but I liked how Human Torch slid into Peter's life, left for a bit, came back here and there and eventually became an actual character. Same with Kitty Pride, not so much Iceman, but that I've gotten used to. Maybe he could've started with one of his friends being a superhero, like Nova or White Tiger being friends with Mary and Harry just to ease it in. Then little by little the rest of the cast shows up, as well as Fury,. Again, my two cents. It's just Ultimate had so much potential if anything because it came after Spectacular and the comic was a success. I mean, Avengers EMH found a nice balance between story, humor and all without it feeling dumbed down, why couldn't this series?
    I don't get the problem with the Cycle, I actually found it pretty cool. Spidey is a tech guy, he always uses new tech(or tries to lol). In fact if I have any problem with the show, it's that he can't produce web without the shooters.

I don't see how it's dumbed down though lol, Peter's still smart and has used his brain a lot. Again most main characters have to be put into the under dog role some of them time. Comedy is how they show Spidey dealing with the problems, and I like it. I'm not a big fan of serious because it gets boring, Spidey's attitude is what I love about this show.

Well okay cool. You like the show and I don't. No problem.

I guess whenever I post in this thread I'll be discussing Miles Morales and his adventures as Spider-Man. The new issue should be coming within the next few days.

So I loved this last episode, the spidey as hulk was hilarious lol.

So I loved this last episode, the spidey as hulk was hilarious lol.
    I totally agree with you. I don't see why this show receives so much hate, I know people are entitled to their opinion but common its a cartoon its not gonna be perfect nor are we the intended audience. Something I do when I watch cartoons is I effectively dumb myself down and think like a kid and ignore many aspects of that many of us tend to perceive and that children are oblivious to. It makes cartoons more enjoyable when you don't focus on how bad the writing may be etc.... This show was meant to be funny and it succeeds at making me laugh as well as my kid nephew.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I totally agree with you. I don't see why this show receives so much hate, I know people are entitled to their opinion but common its a cartoon its not gonna be perfect nor are we the intended audience. Something I do when I watch cartoons is I effectively dumb myself down and think like a kid and ignore many aspects of that many of us tend to perceive and that children are oblivious to. It makes cartoons more enjoyable when you don't focus on how bad the writing may be etc.... This show was meant to be funny and it succeeds at making me laugh as well as my kid nephew.
    Exactly, I mean it's not even close to pokemon in terms of the dumbed down part so I'm not complaining lol.

Exactly, I mean it's not even close to pokemon in terms of the dumbed down part so I'm not complaining lol.
    Its no spectacular spiderman but its still enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Its no spectacular spiderman but its still enjoyable.
    Ok I just watched the first episode of that show and I don't get the big deal. The animation was terrible, Spidey's wings were ridiculous, and Osbourne was annoying.

Spider man still had the same comedic attitude so I'm not understanding the complaints.

So anybody read the new issue? Miles' is still trying to deny the Spiderman part of himself. I can't believe Gwen slapped him because he doesn't want to be Spider-Man anymore. She of all people should know what he's going through, and the fact that he was even younger when it all happened to him means he just can't get back up as quickly. Can't believe the guys from Roxxon Corp are still alive and experimenting on people, and now Cloak and Dagger have Bombshell. What is Cloak's power anyway?

Ok I just watched the first episode of that show and I don't get the big deal. The animation was terrible, Spidey's wings were ridiculous, and Osbourne was annoying.

Spider man still had the same comedic attitude so I'm not understanding the complaints.
    Spidey orignally had those web designs under his arms. As for Osborn, I think it adds a nice layer to him. As for the animation, it's outstanding with Cheeks' art-style, you just have to pay more attention. Keep watching, it gets a lot better.

So anybody read the new issue? Miles' is still trying to deny the Spiderman part of himself. I can't believe Gwen slapped him because he doesn't want to be Spider-Man anymore. She of all people should know what he's going through, and the fact that he was even younger when it all happened to him means he just can't get back up as quickly. Can't believe the guys from Roxxon Corp are still alive and experimenting on people, and now Cloak and Dagger have Bombshell. What is Cloak's power anyway?
    We're talking about the cartoon.

It finally happened...CHIMICHANGAS FOR EVERYBODY!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I know, but I figured, the thread is called Ultimate Spider-Man and I assumed that someone else would want to discuss the comic as well. Other than that, I've already stated my opinion on the cartoon after watching 8-10 episodes of it.

Spidey orignally had those web designs under his arms. As for Osborn, I think it adds a nice layer to him. As for the animation, it's outstanding with Cheeks' art-style, you just have to pay more attention. Keep watching, it gets a lot better.

That doesn't make it any better.

Osborn acted like a complete tool and even more of a prick then he usually is.

Those criminals looked like complete ****. The only good looking thing was the bird man.

That doesn't make it any better.

Osborn acted like a complete tool and even more of a prick then he usually is.

Those criminals looked like complete ****. The only good looking thing was the bird man.
    I suggest you give Spectacular Spiderman atleast 6 episodes before you give final judgment. But even then, it's more serious than Ultimate so in the end it's not your cup of tea anyway. And that villains name is The Vulture.

When I first heard about this I thought it would have been like the comics, but apparently not. Still alright to watch though as it's got it's moments
    I'm back and with a 3DS friend code if you want to add me: 5026 4445 5102

I suggest you give Spectacular Spiderman atleast 6 episodes before you give final judgment. But even then, it's more serious than Ultimate so in the end it's not your cup of tea anyway. And that villains name is The Vulture.
    Lol you really think I only watch comedy shows?? I watch many serious shows. I just take ultimate for what it is supposed to be and is, a comedy.

I look at the pilot of an show to decide if I watch it. If that doesn't hook me, then it's not for me. I couldn't take it seriously and if I can't take a serious show seriously cuz the animation was laughable at best, why would I continue to watch it??

All I know about spider man is what I learned from the 3 movies and ultimate spiderman. That is why I'm not judging this show all harshly and why I enjoy it. I had no expectations going in.

Also you should know that the last show was canceled because of a company change.

Quote Originally Posted by latios reborn View Post
    When I first heard about this I thought it would have been like the comics, but apparently not. Still alright to watch though as it's got it's moments
    Ah, a fellow comic reader too? I starting to think I was the only one. You read up to the current issue?

Lol you really think I only watch comedy shows?? I watch many serious shows. I just take ultimate for what it is supposed to be and is, a comedy.

I look at the pilot of an show to decide if I watch it. If that doesn't hook me, then it's not for me. I couldn't take it seriously and if I can't take a serious show seriously cuz the animation was laughable at best, why would I continue to watch it??

All I know about spider man is what I learned from the 3 movies and ultimate spiderman. That is why I'm not judging this show all harshly and why I enjoy it. I had no expectations going in.

Also you should know that the last show was canceled because of a company change.
    I didn't say you only watch comedy, I said you it wouldn't be your cup of tea. Difference, but you explained why, so okay.

The reason you should continue watching it is because the great writing makes up immensely for the mediocre animation and keeps most around, but I understand why you judge that way. It was merely a suggestion is all. Honestly, if I judged it by the first episode, I would hate it more than Ultimate. I guess I just give something multiple chances before I write it off, that's my style. And I'll be the first to admit it. Ultimate Spider-Man has the animation style (except for MJ's character design) I WISH Spectacular had. With the writing of Spectacular and the great animation of Ultimate, Spectucalar could've definitely without a doubt have been the greatest Spider-Man animation.

Wow, that's ALL of your spidey resource? Not even the 90s cartoon, MTV Spiderman (which is severely underrated. Those last two episodes where the darkest an animated Spider-Man show has ever gotten for those reading this post. ) or not even The newest Spider-Man? That's cool, I can understand that viewpoint.

And yes, I've know about a month or two after Spectacular got cancelled that Sony handed over the rights in exchange for the film rights to reboot the film franchise. I've always admitted that I most likely will never get over it being cancelled and that even though it wasn't it's predecessor I'd give Ultimate a chance. I did, multiple times, it's not my thing. But it does have good qualities about it, they're just so minor in my scope is all.

Ah, a fellow comic reader too? I starting to think I was the only one. You read up to the current issue?

I didn't say you only watch comedy, I said you it wouldn't be your cup of tea. Difference, but you explained why, so okay.

The reason you should continue watching it is because the great writing makes up immensely for the mediocre animation and keeps most around, but I understand why you judge that way. It was merely a suggestion is all. Honestly, if I judged it by the first episode, I would hate it more than Ultimate. I guess I just give something multiple chances before I write it off, that's my style. And I'll be the first to admit it. Ultimate Spider-Man has the animation style (except for MJ's character design) I WISH Spectacular had. With the writing of Spectacular and the great animation of Ultimate, Spectucalar could've definitely without a doubt have been the greatest Spider-Man animation.

Wow, that's ALL of your spidey resource? Not even the 90s cartoon, MTV Spiderman (which is severely underrated. Those last two episodes where the darkest an animated Spider-Man show has ever gotten for those reading this post. ) or not even The newest Spider-Man? That's cool, I can understand that viewpoint.

And yes, I've know about a month or two after Spectacular got cancelled that Sony handed over the rights in exchange for the film rights to reboot the film franchise. I've always admitted that I most likely will never get over it being cancelled and that even though it wasn't it's predecessor I'd give Ultimate a chance. I did, multiple times, it's not my thing. But it does have good qualities about it, they're just so minor in my scope is all.
    Honestly I've never been one for reboots and being a fan of the first three movies, I was pretty bummed that they decided to throw them away and start over. U get invested in these characters you know??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast