Page 1 of 350 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Default Fairy-type Discussion Thread

In order to focus this particular pertinent piece of Pokémon news, I have opened this thread for sole discussion of the new 18th type, the Fairy-type

Known Pokémon

Sylveon - Fairy-type

Flabébé - Fairy-type

Jigglypuff- Normal/Fairy-type

Marill- Water/Fairy-type

Gardevoir - Psychic/Fairy-type

Discuss it all here, type effectiveness, Pokémon you wish to have and so forth

I would like Volbeat and Illumise to both gain the type, I hope they will hold back a bit with more retypes of Pokémon like Marill though. The retyping makes only sense to me because of the egg group but other than that, not really.

I don't know if this actually contributes to any discussion, but it'd be pretty cool if the regional pseudo-legendary were a Fairy-type. Kind of like how we got Tyranitar in Gen II.

To be honest, I could see most - if not all - of the Pokémon in the Fairy egg group to be retyped into Fairy (or rather gaining the Fairy-type), especially the Normal-types. Others that I could see are Misdreavus/Mismagius and the pixies to name a few.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

I was thinking that Fairy could resist Psychic or vice-versa and weak to Dark.
    I want also to see Castform as part Fairy-type since it is in the Fairy Egg Group. (I'm not saying that it is because of that. ) Water/Fairy, Ice/Fairy, Fire/Fairy when transformed, how cool a perfect Pokemon to be a weather fairy. (How about Rock/Fairy in Sandstorm?) So much excited.
    I'm also glad that Marill got a boost as well as Gardevoir and Jigglypuff.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

Quote Originally Posted by Underachiever007 View Post
    I don't know if this actually contributes to any discussion, but it'd be pretty cool if the regional pseudo-legendary were a Fairy-type. Kind of like how we got Tyranitar in Gen II.
    That would be nice. I wonder when we will see the first Dragon/Fairt, I don't think it will be this Gen sadly, but I would like to be suprised

As long as Pikachu does not become a fairy type, but if I had to pick I'd say Snorunt and Glalie, not because it would have great coverage against Dragon types, but because Snorunt can fit the Fairy category & having Glalie as a Fairy type will shut the "Fairy types are too girly" haters up
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 12th June 2013 at 1:19 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by blue8arman View Post
    I was thinking that Fairy could resist Psychic or vice-versa and weak to Dark.
    I want also to see Castform as part Fairy-type since it is in the Fairy Egg Group. (I'm not saying that it is because of that. ) Water/Fairy, Ice/Fairy, Fire/Fairy when transformed, how cool a perfect Pokemon to be a weather fairy. (How about Rock/Fairy in Sandstorm?) So much excited.
    I'm also glad that Marill got a boost as well as Gardevoir and Jigglypuff.
    Fairy is either 2x effective against Dark or it's neutral. We know this because in the trailer Gardevoir uses Fairy Wind on Hydriegon and it's Supereffective so if dark resisted fairy the attack would of been neutral

I'm thinking that the Clefairy line, Chansey line, Audino, Togepi line, Snubbull line, the Sinnho Pixies and Plusle and Minun could all possibly get retyped. If GF think any of the older Pokemon need Fairy type then this is their only chance to retype

Quote Originally Posted by Underachiever007 View Post
    Love the idea, although Dragon lovers are gonna hate

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

I'm still not seeing how any of the announced Fairy Pokemon are even remotely fairy-like.

Jiggypuff and Marill aren't Tinkerbell-type fairies, of course, but they also don't resemble any kind of fairy-like legendary creature I've ever heard of. They're just adorable spheres that evolve into rabbits. But then again, the Fairy Egg Group isn't exactly fairy-like either, so I guess Game Freak probably isn't going to lean too heavily on typical-looking fairies.

Well I dont think any legendaries will be retyped.. or anything with two types already.
    Clefairy is a definite fairy type..
    I just hope they are not retyping all all cute pokemon to part fairy, which appears to be what they have done with marill. (Fairy egg group is not really a valid argument, not everything in dragon egg group is a dragon type)

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Well I dont think any legendaries will be retyped.. or anything with two types already.
    Clefairy is a definite fairy type..
    I just hope they are not retyping all all cute pokemon to part fairy, which appears to be what they have done with marill. (Fairy egg group is not really a valid argument, not everything in dragon egg group is a dragon type)
    Not even the Sinnoh pixies. There are fairies in design

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Honestly (and ive been waiting for this topic)
    I am really not a fan of this new type. At All.
    What next ? Spellcaster? Warrior?

But with regards to the topic i do believe a hell of a lot will be gaining this type
    For example Ralts and its Chain.
    Togepi, Igglybuff, Cleffa's Chain
    Skitty and Delcatty
    Some legendaries most likely would recieve the title too. Like Celebi,Jirachi and Victini
    Hidden ability pokemon for trades.
    (Dream worlds and radars)

Not for trade

Legendaries

I guess my only wish is for Togepi to get the Fairy type.

Well this and making ice to resist Fairy (to make it if ever so slightly better defensively) or be SE against it just because I love Ice type and I want it to get better, tho this is a very stupid reason.
    "You asked the gods, and they are answering. Open your ears, listen, you'll hear."
    "It's only the wind. The leaves are rustling."
    "Who do you think sends the wind, if not the gods?"

---The Monkeys Are Listening--

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    Not even the Sinnoh pixies. There are fairies in design
    I am just a bit hesitant that they would change legendaries in any way...

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rabbit View Post
    Honestly (and ive been waiting for this topic)
    I am really not a fan of this new type. At All.
    What next ? Spellcaster? Warrior?

But with regards to the topic i do believe a hell of a lot will be gaining this type
    For example Ralts and its Chain.
    Togepi, Igglybuff, Cleffa's Chain
    Skitty and Delcatty
    Some legendaries most likely would recieve the title too. Like Celebi,Jirachi and Victini
    My guess would be that Fairy will be either the last type inroduced or another won't be introduced for a long long time

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I am just a bit hesitant that they would change legendaries in any way...
    I understand the hesitance. I think the pixies are the only one who fit into the fairy mold when it comes to Ledendaries imo and due to the not having a second type it would be easy to implement. I just hope Xerneas doesn't get Fairy typing if i'm honest because i think it Going to be Steel/Ice or something
    Last edited by mtie123; 12th June 2013 at 1:31 PM.

I wonder if fairy will be a defensive type like most steel and rock type Pokemon our mainly offensive like dragon and electric and, if it's offensive what kind will most moves be either physical or, special,probably special
    3ds FC :0490-7057-3236 IGN: Jorge

My guess would be that Fairy will be either the last type inroduced or another won't be introduced for a long long time

I understand the hesitance. I think the pixies are the only one who fit into the fairy mold when it comes to Ledendaries imo and due to the not having a second type it would be easy to implement. I just hope Xerneas doesn't get Fairy typing if i'm honest because i think it Going to be Steel/Ice or something
    I think the same

Yeah, Fairy type would fit them.. We shall see!
    But me too, if Xerneas gets fairy type.. I just don't know. I am personally going for Grass/Ground..

If Clefairy is not retyped into Fairy Im gonna laugh hard... It could be Clefable...

Other old pokemon that would possibly be Fairy... Mawile, Banette n Jynx or Mr Mime...

Im hoping more new fresh Fairy pokemon though...
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I'm hoping no dual typed pokemon get fairy as a swap.

Personally I'm a bit surprised that Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy and not a pure Fairy-type. I wonder if any other Pokemon which are currently pure Normal that are likely to become Fairy-types (Cleffa line and Togepi, for example) will retain their Normal-type or change entirely to become pure Fairy-types.

Quote Originally Posted by ^Cutty^ View Post
    If Clefairy is not retyped into Fairy Im gonna laugh hard... It could be Clefable...

Other old pokemon that would possibly be Fairy... Mawile, Banette n Jynx or Mr Mime...

Im hoping more new fresh Fairy pokemon though...
    I can not see Banette being a fairy at all..

But if Mr Mime gets it.. will just make them even weirder :')

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    I'm still not seeing how any of the announced Fairy Pokemon are even remotely fairy-like.

Jiggypuff and Marill aren't Tinkerbell-type fairies, of course, but they also don't resemble any kind of fairy-like legendary creature I've ever heard of. They're just adorable spheres that evolve into rabbits. But then again, the Fairy Egg Group isn't exactly fairy-like either, so I guess Game Freak probably isn't going to lean too heavily on typical-looking fairies.
    I think Marill is kind of representing a naiad- a water nymph; specifically of fresh water such as rivers, brooks etc.. Though it looks like a round mouse :P it and Azumarill have traits of being heavily associated with freshwater- in terms of rivers etc. I believe. That would kind of make sense I suppose- when compared to other existing Water types.

Jigglypuff, well, I can't really argue against it :P I it like a balloon/pudding spirit- which is quite Fairylike and odd I suppose- and it is partially associated with the moon (moon stone) but not as much as Clefairy.

Clefairy HAS to be retyped to pure Fairy! Anyone with me? Having it as normal/fairy would be odd because if anything warrants pure Fairy it is Clefairy and Clefable. Also, it would be nice for it to diverge away from Jigglypuff's line

I expect some of:

1st Gen: Clefairy and Clefable, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff,

2nd Gen: Misdreavus, Togetic, Bellossom, Marill and Azumarill (obviously :P),

3rd Gen: Mawile, Absol or an evo, Snorunt, Glailie, just Gardevoir in it's line, possibly Milotic, Skitty line, perhaps a split evo for Shroomish

4th Gen: Cherim, Pachirisu (give it something different), Togekiss, Manaphy, Mismagius, Lake Trio

5th Gen: Audino, Whimsicott.

Xerneas please be Fairy! Please!

EDIT: Further extras that I missed off (the next guy with a list was more exhaustive also, with retyping, but meh I'm lazy!): possibly Volbeat/Illumise to give them something different and From Fairy types associated imagery I suspect Cresselia is a good candidate.

Snubbill
    Last edited by storm12; 12th June 2013 at 1:47 PM.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Personally I'm a bit surprised that Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy and not a pure Fairy-type. I wonder if any other Pokemon which are currently pure Normal that are likely to become Fairy-types (Cleffa line and Togepi, for example) will retain their Normal-type or change entirely to become pure Fairy-types.
    I doubt it why take away a STAB Neutral Type when you can make it a Dual Type and give it a new STAB attack

I expect none of the older Pokémon to get their types completely replaced with Fairy, they might not want to make too drastic differences and thus just add the type like with Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy). Clefairy is a given but I think it'll be Normal/Fairy like Jigglypuff. The only pure Fairy-types would be completely new Pokémon like Sylveon. I could see new evolutions for older Pokémon having a Fairy-type, like Cherubi/Cherrim being pure Grass but a new evolution being Grass/Fairy.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Page 1 of 350 123451151101 ... LastLast