Page 2 of 350 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

So, what do you think will be name of Arceus' plate for Fairy-type? Or any possible items that could be associate with Fairies?

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

Fairy retyping (speculation):

:: Clefairy (Fairy) ~ I believe this line turns out to be pure Fairy (except the baby form which stays Normal type)

:: Clefable (Fairy)

:: Jiglypuff (Normal/Fairy)

:: Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)

:: Happiny (Normal/Fairy)

:: Chansey (Normal/Fairy)

:: Blissey (Normal/Fairy)

:: Togepi (Normal/Fairy)

:: Togetic (Flying/Fairy)

:: Togekiss (Flying/Fairy)

:: Snubull (Normal/Fairy)

:: Granbull (Normal/Fairy)

:: Marill (Water/Fairy)

:: Azumarill (Water/Fairy)

:: Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)

:: Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)

:: Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)

:: Mawile (Steel/Fairy)

:: Ralts (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Kirlia (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Plusle (Electric/Fairy)

:: Minum (Electric/Fairy)

:: Milotic (Water/Fairy)

:: Volbeat (Bug/Fairy)

:: Illumise (Bug/Fairy)

:: Audino (Normal/Fairy)

:: Alomomola (Water/Fairy)

:: Lilligant (Grass/Fairy)

:: Zorua (Dark/Fairy)

:: Zoroark (Dark/Fairy)

:: Sylveon (Fairy)

Legendaries:

:: Manaphy (Water/Fairy)

:: Cresselia (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Mewtwo XY form (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Xerneas (doubt it...)

Concluding (IMO):
    = 33 Pokemon retyped + probably 10 new fairy type Pokemon (like Sylveon and – not sure - Xerneas)
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 12th June 2013 at 12:52 PM.
    Shiny Pokémon (47)

Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    I think Marill is kind of representing a naiad- a water nymph; specifically of fresh water such as rivers, brooks etc.. Though it looks like a round mouse :P it and Azumarill have traits of being heavily associated with freshwater- in terms of rivers etc. I believe. That would kind of make sense I suppose- when compared to other existing Water types.

Jigglypuff, well, I can't really argue against it :P I it like a balloon/pudding spirit- which is quite Fairylike and odd I suppose- and it is partially associated with the moon (moon stone) but not as much as Clefairy.

Clefairy HAS to be retyped to pure Fairy! Anyone with me? Having it as normal/fairy would be odd because if anything warrants pure Fairy it is Clefairy and Clefable. Also, it would be nice for it to diverge away from Jigglypuff's line

I expect some of:

1st Gen: Clefairy and Clefable, Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff,

2nd Gen: Misdreavus, Togetic, Bellossom, Marill and Azumarill (obviously :P),

3rd Gen: Mawile, Absol or an evo, Snorunt, Glailie, just Gardevoir in it's line, possibly Milotic, Skitty line, perhaps a split evo for Shroomish

4th Gen: Cherim, Pachirisu (give it something different), Togekiss, Manaphy, Mismagius, Lake Trio

5th Gen: Audino, Whimsicott.

Xerneas please be Fairy! Please!
    I bolded the one's i don't think will happen. All the other i could see happening, with Pachirisu i think an Electric/Fairy evo would be quite good for the little fella

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Fairy type is not super-effective against Dark.

Here is my idea. Gardevoir is a Psychic/Fairy type with a decent special attack stat. Hydregion is Dark/Dragon type and it is shown that they are battling at the same level, LV.50. If Gardevoir used Fairy Wind in order to attack the Hyderigon, which has a great special attack, it would have KO'd Hydregion, considering Fairy type is both super effective to Dragon and Dark. However, unlikely, it is seen that after the attack Hydreigon has around 50-55 HP with yellow-orange coloured HP bar. I don't think if a x4 type of attack would leave this amount of HP after it is used. So,

Either Fairy Wind has very low power or Dark is not super effected by Fairy Types.

hopefully this will give Azumarill some extra moves currently its only good moves to abuse with Huge Power are Return, Body Slam, Superpower, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Waterfall and Ice Punch

...I still think everyone is thinking of too many, and some seemingly random, pokemon to be retyped as fairy.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I think that they're going to re-type a lot of Pokemon. The low amount in Gen II made sense because there was only 151 before it. The competitive scene was also the main reasoning for Fairy's strength over Dragons. More fairys will change the metagame further.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Guys, let's not automatically assume that every Pokemon from the FAIRY EGG GROUP would all receive Fairy typing.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Fairy retyping (speculation):

:: Jiglypuff (Normal/Fairy)

:: Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)

:: Clefairy (Fairy) ~ I believe this line turns out to be pure Fairy (except the baby form which stays Normal type)

:: Clefable (Fairy)

:: Happiny (Normal/Fairy)

:: Chansey (Normal/Fairy)

:: Blissey (Normal/Fairy)

:: Togepi (Normal/Fairy)

:: Togetic (Flying/Fairy)

:: Togekiss (Flying/Fairy)

:: Snubull (Normal/Fairy)

:: Granbull (Normal/Fairy)

:: Marill (Water/Fairy)

:: Azumarill (Water/Fairy)

:: Misdreavus (Ghost/Fairy)

:: Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy)

:: Bellossom (Grass/Fairy)

:: Mawile (Steel/Fairy)

:: Ralts (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Kirlia (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Plusle (Electric/Fairy)

:: Minum (Electric/Fairy)

:: Milotic (Water/Fairy)

:: Volbeat (Bug/Fairy)

:: Illumise (Bug/Fairy)

:: Audino (Normal/Fairy)

:: Alomomola (Water/Fairy)

:: Lilligant (Grass/Fairy)

:: Zorua (Dark/Fairy)

:: Zoroark (Dark/Fairy)

:: Sylveon (Fairy)

Legendaries:

:: Manaphy (Water/Fairy)

:: Cresselia (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Mewtwo XY form (Psychic/Fairy)

:: Xerneas (doubt it...)

Concluding (IMO):
    = 43 Pokemon retyped + probably 10 new fairy type Pokemon (like Sylveon and – not sure - Xerneas)
    a few i disagree with i don't think zoroark or zorua i think they'll stay pure dark. I also have doubts over minun and plusle and the togepi line(until we see otherwise i'm sticking with the asumption that only single typed pokemon will gain the fairy type.).But otherwise the rest seem plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    I bolded the one's i don't think will happen. All the other i could see happening, with Pachirisu i think an Electric/Fairy evo would be quite good for the little fella
    I personally feel whimsicott is a prime candidate- being pure Grass currently: it has many Fairy like aspects to it's design, abilities and dex entries- and it would totally learn Fairy wind :P

With speculation that Mawile will gain Fairy type- I suspect Misdreavus' line to get it too- because both are based on similiar Japanese 'Fairy tales' about seemingly normal women/people with strange secrets (a mouth on the back of their head and a head that detaches itself at night to float around and spook people :P)- so with that in mind I think it would be nice, also to allow Misdreavus something to stand out from other Pure Ghost types now- as that distinction it once held (for one generation :P) has been swept away

Actually I think I might do a bit of a U-turn on Pachirisu; for Plusle and Minun. Though all three could happen that might be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlair View Post
    Fairy type is not super-effective against Dark.

Here is my idea. Gardevoir is a Psychic/Fairy type with a decent special attack stat. Hydregion is Dark/Dragon type and it is shown that they are battling at the same level, LV.50. If Gardevoir used Fairy Wind in order to attack the Hyderigon, which has a great special attack, it would have KO'd Hydregion, considering Fairy type is both super effective to Dragon and Dark. However, unlikely, it is seen that after the attack Hydreigon has around 50-55 HP with yellow-orange coloured HP bar. I don't think if a x4 type of attack would leave this amount of HP after it is used. So,

Either Fairy Wind has very low power or Dark is not super effected by Fairy Types.
    I think Fairy wind is a straight variation of Silver Wind, which isn't too powerful.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

I actually expected that the new type would be light type instead of fairy

I think Fairy wind is a straight variation of Silver Wind, which isn't too powerful.
    But still... 90 power with stab, 2x super effective (possibly 4x), put that with gardevoirs special attack... I would go for maybe 40 power for fairy wind?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    But still... 90 power with stab, 2x super effective (possibly 4x), put that with gardevoirs special attack... I would go for maybe 40 power for fairy wind?
    Maybe that Gardevoir had it's power dropped or something? Not being contrary mate- but we don't the rest of the effects in play at the time.

It seems it would make sense as a variation- I could even imagine it sharing animations with Silver and Ominous but different colours. It could be a lower base power though- but personally, to me, that would seem a little odd :P I dunno why.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

I think Marill is kind of representing a naiad- a water nymph; specifically of fresh water such as rivers, brooks etc.. Though it looks like a round mouse :P it and Azumarill have traits of being heavily associated with freshwater- in terms of rivers etc. I believe. That would kind of make sense I suppose- when compared to other existing Water types.
    That's stretching it a bit, don't you think?

I personally think that both Ralts and Kirlia stay Psychic, with just Gardevoir having Fairy

Quote Originally Posted by blue8arman View Post
    So, what do you think will be name of Arceus' plate for Fairy-type? Or any possible items that could be associate with Fairies?
    I think something like Fey plate or Sprite plate? That seems how the others are roughly done- with a semantically linked word. I think the boosting Fairy item could be something like Fairy Dust- cliche yes, but they could still do it haha :P

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    That's stretching it a bit, don't you think?
    Maybe a bit yeah :P I'm not going to lie, I am clutching at straws there- but that makes sense to me at least- Marill being more 'spirit' like than other water types. maybe not though.

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    I personally think that both Ralts and Kirlia stay Psychic, with just Gardevoir having Fairy
    Same It wouldn't have such a big impact on the family as a whole- and it would have Gardevoir as nice counterpart to Gallade. (I know they already are, but then they'd both hold a second type but evolve from pure types)
    Last edited by storm12; 12th June 2013 at 1:06 PM.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

I think these are the pokemon that may have a chance to get a fairy type

Gen One: Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Mr.Mime, Chansey (Maybe)
    Gen Two: Igglypuff, Cleffa, Marill, Azumarill, Blissey (Mayyyybe)
    Gen Three: Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Chimecho, Azurill, Skitty, Delcatty, Swablu (Fairy/Flying), Altaria (Fairy/Dragon)
    Gen Four: Chingling, Mime. Jr
    Gen Five: Audino, Miccino, Cinccino

I'd love to see Cherubi and Cherrim get retyped, but I don't see it possible. As for the legendaries, I don't think any of the current legendaries, namely Celebi and Victini, are going to get retyped. But we'll have to see.

Anyways, with my list, they'll only have to retype 11 evolution lines. How Mawile can be considered fairy is beyond me though.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I agree with pretty much everything Oceanic Lantern said, though maybe Plusle and Minun might get the fairy type too, even if just to make them less like Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I think these are the pokemon that may have a chance to get a fairy type

Gen One: Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Mr.Mime, Chansey (Maybe)
    Gen Two: Igglypuff, Cleffa, Marill, Azumarill, Blissey (Mayyyybe)
    Gen Three: Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, Chimecho, Azurill, Skitty, Delcatty, Swablu (Fairy/Flying), Altaria (Fairy/Dragon)
    Gen Four: Chingling, Mime. Jr
    Gen Five: Audino, Miccino, Cinccino

I'd love to see Cherubi and Cherrim get retyped, but I don't see it possible. As for the legendaries, I don't think any of the current legendaries, namely Celebi and Victini, are going to get retyped. But we'll have to see.

Anyways, with my list, they'll only have to retype 11 evolution lines. How Mawile can be considered fairy is beyond me though.
    In bold are the ones I think not..

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Altaria (Fairy/Dragon)
    Then Altaria wouldn't be able to participate in sky battles. :S

Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    Then Altaria wouldn't be able to participate in sky battles. :S
    Good point. Scratch that.

Anyways, i'm going to do an inb4 for a Fairy type Quiver Dance... named...

FAIRY DANCE!

Also, how does Chingling and Chimecho not look Fairy to you? Tey look more fairy-ish than Mawile at the very least.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I was certainly surprised with the pokemon they chose to demonstrate the fairy type other than Sylveon. The most pleasant surprise for me is the fact that Gardevoir is now part-Fairy, which I hoped it would be but was afraid it would be unlikely. The biggest surprise is that Marill got the part-Fairy typing, something I didn't expect at all. Of all the pokemon in the Fairy egg group, Marill is one of the pokemon with fewest obvious connections to fairies (along with Pikachu & Shroomish), so I believed it would stay pure Water. I also wonder if Azurill will get Normal/Fairy. Having that said, I hope Marill can learn some strong physical Fairy moves, to go along with the ability Huge Power.

It's also kinda surprising that Clefairy wasn't among these first four Fairy-type pokemon. It should be one of the most obvious candidates for a Fairy-type addition.

The one I personally hope most for to get the Fairy type is Milotic. I also hope that GF won't shy away from retconning typings of certain legendaries. In the case of Celebi and Victini, changing their Psychic-type to Fairy-type. Fairy-type would be more fitting based on both their appearances and their abilities than the Psychic-type ever was.
    *Mega Fairies*

Fairy type confirmed a cutesy type.

I hope we get a fighting Fairy a Ghost Fairy and a Dark Fairy. We have a Water Fairy already.

if any current Dark or Ghost types become dark fairy ghost fairy. I would still want a new Pokémon of that type combination.

To draw a parallel to other rpgs the fairy type seems ascociated more with arcane or c osmic forces (ie external forces) differentiating it to psyschic ie psionics that is inherent "power of the mind"
    Also explains the effectivness against dragons as enchanted "fairy magic " weaponry is often part of how the dragon is defwated like Siegfried slaying Fafner with a sword made from a meteor (cosmiic power)
    Friend code black 2: 3955 4982 9868
    Nintendo FC: 1805-3205-0820
    my Friend Safari contains Sawsbuck, Sunkern and Maractus

Page 2 of 350 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast