Page 3 of 350 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post

Fairy type confirmed a cutesy type.
    That thing looks awesome. Probably gains grass as a secondary type on evolution.

That's like the sterotypical Fairy i've been expecting tbh, i didn't think it would be long before it was revealed

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Quote Originally Posted by Erchamion View Post
    To draw a parallel to other rpgs the fairy type seems ascociated more with arcane or c osmic forces (ie external forces) differentiating it to psyschic ie psionics that is inherent "power of the mind"
    Also explains the effectivness against dragons as enchanted "fairy magic " weaponry is often part of how the dragon is defwated like Siegfried slaying Fafner with a sword made from a meteor (cosmiic power)
    Hmmm this is interesting, and the cosmic association fits in with the moon-based attack that Sylveon gets. It does make me wonder why Marill is part-Fairy though (beyond it just being in the Fairy Egg Group) since there doesn't seem to be anything arcane/cosmic about it :s

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Hmmm this is interesting, and the cosmic association fits in with the moon-based attack that Sylveon gets. It does make me wonder why Marill is part-Fairy though (beyond it just being in the Fairy Egg Group) since there doesn't seem to be anything arcane/cosmic about it :s
    You forgetting that we already have 4 moon pokemon? I highly doubt the moon will become an image for fairy pokemon..
    Last edited by Regality; 12th June 2013 at 1:34 PM.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I'd love it if Zorua was a Fairy type, and it would be interesting if the new Newtwo/Mewthree would also be Fairy type.

Although, to be perfectly honest I'd have thought they would do Light rather than Fairy, I'm hoping they aren't just going to shove all the 'girly' Pokemon in that type.

Art by me. TinyTorchic is my baby sister~

You forgetting that we already have 4 moon pokemon? I highly doubt the moon will become an image for fairy pokemon..
    No, I'm just saying that it's possible that the Fairy-type might have an association with cosmic forces given Sylveon's attack and what Erchamion said. That doesn't mean that every Pokemon/attack that has to do with the moon has to become a Fairy-type though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall some article saying that Sylveon is supposed to be weak against ice type attacks? If Sylveon is a pure fairy type Pokémon (which is most likely true) then that would make the fairy type weak to ice. But it's been a while since I've heard the article, maybe I'm misunderstanding.

As for past Pokémon, I'm happy with the choices they've made so far. I was surprised with Marill, but it was a nice surprise. It makes Marill more interesting. Jigglypuff is fine, but if they changed Jigglypuff, I really hope they changed Clefairy and Clefable too. Otherwise it will forever make no sense to me how Jigglypuff is a fairy and Clefairy isn't. I'm glad they went ahead and changed some typings. I was worried that they wouldn't.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

I hope Fairy type's association with moon doesn't go beyond the move Moonblast. I don't want Umberon's Moon concept to be spoiled with Sylveon.

pretty cute thing indeed

Fairy-Type.. I like it. But I don't like how it is better than Dragons. it should be something like an oposite to the Dark-Type.
    And I would guess most of the Pokemon from the Fairy egg-group will gain it as a secondary type. Like Jigglypuff and Marill did.

I'm happy with the new typing I guess. Fairy just seems so...and I hate to use this term...gay. Like, what about all the male Pokemon? Fairy type for me correlates Pokemon with some sort of feminine influence in their designs.

I like that they made another type, I just don't know if it was the best choice...
    Shorts are just so comfortable.

http://rlxc.mybrute.com

FC: 0946 9966 5155

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    I'm happy with the new typing I guess. Fairy just seems so...and I hate to use this term...gay. Like, what about all the male Pokemon? Fairy type for me correlates Pokemon with some sort of feminine influence in their designs.

I like that they made another type, I just don't know if it was the best choice...
    Run! The feminists are coming!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Male fairy-Types are like Female Dark-Types.
    And the X-Legendary Pokemon is the gay pride deer so.. yeah

It's the smallest and lightest Pokemon...and it has an advantage over Dragon types? o_O
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    It's the smallest and lightest Pokemon...and it has an advantage over Dragon types? o_O
    It's a dragon slayer lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post

I guess I can't really relate to that problem. Most fighting types look very masculine and yet, well, they have female members as well.

It's weird that it's strong against Dragons.. I dont get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Pokelogic .

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    It's weird that it's strong against Dragons.. I dont get it?
    According to the Q & A, the entire point behind creating the fairy type was to kind of balance out the dominance of dragon types in the competitive field by giving them one more weakness. Whether that works out or not is something we'll see when the games hit.

Aah. Then it makes a bit moer sense, yes. Even though most Dragons with Flying as secondary typing are weak to Rock too.

Clefairy line, Buneary line, and sopme others should be in this type. And, what are fairy types weak to????
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Aah. Then it makes a bit moer sense, yes. Even though most Dragons with Flying as secondary typing are weak to Rock too.
    Yup, but that doesn't change the fact that dragons are extremely dominant in higher tiers. And frankly, I don't think that's going to change much. The fairy types we've seen so far don't seem like they'd be high-tier dragon slayers. Of course, we've probably only seen early game Pokes at this point. We might get to see some stronger fairies later.

I don't get why everyone thinks fairy shouldn't be strong against Dragon. More often or not the Fairies or Fae type creatures are on the goodside of fariytales (I'll admit there are some which are antagonists) and normally the Dragons are the bad guys (Granted some can be Protaganists). Thinking of fairytales the goodside normally defeat the badside, so to me it makes sense that fairy can beat dragons

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Sooo much things to think of these fairy pokes, though i guess it still incorporates the concept of Light-type...
    Bug-Type Represent !
    I am the Big Bad moth, if you want some, come get some..

Quote Originally Posted by Underachiever007 View Post
    The fairy types we've seen so far don't seem like they'd be high-tier dragon slayers
    I don't know, Furabebe is looking pretty menacing.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Page 3 of 350 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast