Page 5 of 350 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    ..were dragons even all that overpowered?

Also ghosts only have two weaknesses, one being themselves.
    I think the whole point of dragons overpowerness comes from all the type resistance it haves, including all the elements without ice. Also them being able to do normal damage to all other types besides steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin-Tin-Alt View Post
    Georgia is Happy
    Lolololololololololololol, thats really good, we know who else would be Fairy type tho........CELEBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    It's also supposedly strong to dark and fighting as well.
    Still isn't broken. Plenty of types are super-effective against three other types.

It's extremely unlikely that another type can have those exact weaknesses.
    And? I'm sure Fairy type will have weakness', and dragon types will just start to carry these weakness' in their movesets.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I'm very happy about the Fairy type, it evens out the types and brings some much needed balance to Dragons. I hope they are weak to poison and steel so those types get a bit of a boost. As far as Pokemon I think should get fairy as a typing

Gen I: Clefairy, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Chansey
    Gen II: Togetic, Snubull, Granbull, Misdreavus, Dunsparce, Blissey, Azumarill
    Gen III: Mawile, Loudred, Exploud, Illumise
    Gen IV: Cherrim, Pachirisu, Mismagius, Togekiss
    Gen V: Lilligant, Whimsicott, Munna, Misharna

Can you really say, with a straight face, that that is a fairy?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Trolls, Goblins, and Gnomes are considered "Faeries" in certain lore. I also think it would kill this "fairies are just small cute things" mentality I keep seeing.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

I would have thought Fairy would have been explained more in the Q & A. I suppose the next smash might enlighten us more.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

What's better than a Malamar?
    A Shiny Malamar!

Current Shinies:
    Malamar
    Dragalge
    Mr. Mime
    Carbink
    Sandslash
    Gyrados
    Horsea
    Haxorus
    Garchomp

Nintendo 3DS FC: 0447 5404 6118
    Safari Zone Element: Electric
    Emolga, Electabuzz, Zebstrika

I reckon Gamefreak just do not know what a fairy is...

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    Still isn't broken. Plenty of types are super-effective against three other types.

And? I'm sure Fairy type will have weakness', and dragon types will just start to carry these weakness' in their movesets.
    Dragon, Dark, and Fighting are a world away from grass, bug and poison for example.

Ice moves are everywhere as well as rock for the fliers. Still doesn't dimish dragons.

Id like to see some of the mythological fairies... those guys are definitely not things you could call girly... I mean changelings,Goblins, trolls, kelpsies, banshees well all fairies... the fairies of old-usually indifferent to mortals or abuse them for their entertainment/ow reasons (example changelings replacing human babies with their own(no one knows what happens to the human child)) (though they probably will be going more with the Disney version though some more legendary fairies would make sense(especially if they are to be effective against dragons...). So far I don't have any problem with the fairy type recons (all of them could pass for a fey) but I hope Ralts and Kirlia are both pure psychic though...

Depending on how they handle it I can see multiple possibilities for the type
    mischievous/malevolent spirits(unlikely but this is what most Fairies of old were maybe some will have a hint of this)
    elemental/nature spirits(can easily see this probably would be dual typed)
    "modern fairy"(probably going to happen

The flower of old if done right could have some resemblance to a more benevolent version of a nature spirit but over all it is a wait and see...
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

I'm very happy about the Fairy type, it evens out the types and brings some much needed balance to Dragons. I hope they are weak to poison and steel so those types get a bit of a boost. As far as Pokemon I think should get fairy as a typing

Gen I: Clefairy, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Chansey
    Gen II: Togetic, Snubull, Granbull, Misdreavus, Dunsparce, Blissey, Azumarill, Cleffa, Togepi, Igglybuff, Bellosom
    Gen III: Mawile, Illumise, Volbeat, Azurill, Chimecho, Castform, Glalie
    Gen IV: Cherrim, , Mismagius, Togekiss , Happiny, Lumineon
    Gen V: Lilligant, Whimsicott, Gothitelle, Audino, Alomomola
    As for legendaries, I think they might replace Psychic with Fairy with these ones: Jirachi, Celebi, Victini, Meloetta.

And these could just gain a secondary Fairy type: Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Phione, Manaphy.

I removed some and added the bolded ones.

Dragon, Dark, and Fighting are a world away from grass, bug and poison for example.
    But we don't even know that Fairy's super-effective to Dark and Fighting. Dragon could be the only thing it's super-effective to for all we know.

Ice moves are everywhere as well as rock for the fliers. Still doesn't dimish dragons.
    Which is why they're adding a Fairy type.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

I see Togepi getting a split evolution. I think the split evolution would be either Normal/Fairy or Fairy/Flying.
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Bellosom having Fairy as secondary type would make sense, especially if Fairy could be weak against Poison

Hoping we get more new Fairy types rather than lots of re-types but i guess this is GF's only chance to reclassify old Pokemon so they may go all out

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Why are we pretending we don't know Fairy weaknesses since it leaked 4 months ago?

Assuming the Fairy type (and a lot else) in the same leak was confirmed, shouldn't we take the type chart as basically confirmed as well?

And what the leak said was: "Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it."

I think I get it now Furabebe rudes the flower it is not a flower.

Quote Originally Posted by JW1004 View Post
    Bellosom having Fairy as secondary type would make sense, especially if Fairy could be weak against Poison
    I agree with that. I think The Clefable family will definitely become Fairy type. Maybe Ampharos will become a Fairy type. That is probably a stretch, but it is possible.
    Latest Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Beloberto View Post
    Why are we pretending we don't know Fairy weaknesses since it leaked 4 months ago?

Assuming the Fairy type (and a lot else) in the same leak was confirmed, shouldn't we take the type chart as basically confirmed as well?

And what the leak said was: "Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it."
    It was made well know thats part of the rumor were made up to cover the leaker so it's still has to be taken with a grain of salt. Plus nothing is final until we have confirmation

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I reckon Gamefreak just do not know what a fairy is...
    Altaria doesn't look like a dragon and is a dragon type, Garchomp is a freaking landshark and is a dragon type.

I kinda wish Exploud got a boosdt, wishmur is Jiggs like, I like exploud a lot him and Bannet(like I told you yesterday) are porbably in my top 5 of gen 3 so if they can be improved go ahead Gamefreak.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    As for legendaries, I think they might replace Psychic with Fairy with these ones: Jirachi, Celebi, Victini, Meloetta.

And these could just gain a secondary Fairy type: Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Phione, Manaphy.

Not sure about the first onces because they would have to drop a type but the Sinnoh pixies , Phino and Manaphy yeah I'm expecting them to get Fairy added.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 12th June 2013 at 3:19 PM.

I don't think Steel needs an offensive boost. It already resists more than half the types.

I think Milotic might become Fairy type, even though I think it should become Water/Dragon.
    Latest Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post

I personally think the 'baby' Pokemon won't be retyped, there type will just change to fairy when they evolve or be added. Like how Azurill becomes just water when it becomes Marill. I forgot to add Audino!

The only legendaries I agree with are Celebi and Jirachi. Celebi Fairy/Grass and Jirachi Fairy/Steel.
    Last edited by Arcamenel; 12th June 2013 at 3:24 PM.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    No, I'm just saying that it's possible that the Fairy-type might have an association with cosmic forces given Sylveon's attack and what Erchamion said. That doesn't mean that every Pokemon/attack that has to do with the moon has to become a Fairy-type though.
    Yeah and after all a lot of mystic phenomena (and creatures) were ascociated with faires like fairy dance and so on...
    Friend code black 2: 3955 4982 9868
    Nintendo FC: 1805-3205-0820
    my Friend Safari contains Sawsbuck, Sunkern and Maractus

Finally we might get balance among the types and people are *****ing about it? Really?
    Since the start of Pokemon games some types were getting screwed over. Poison being super effective against the least. Fire and Ice having weaknesses found everywhere. Normal not super effective against anything. Dragon being OP. Steel resisting most of the types. Maybe now there will be balance among them.

I personally think the 'baby' Pokemon won't be retyped, there type will just change to fairy when they evolve or be added. Like how Azurill becomes just water when it becomes Marill. I forgot to add Audino!
    Audino will definitly become Fairy type. I think Chansey will become Normal/Fairy.

I think Fairy type is going to be weak to Dark, Fighting, and Bug. I think it will be super effective against Ghost and Dragon.
    Latest Shiny!

Page 5 of 350 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast