Page 37 of 350 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

I kind of hope ghost-types hit Fairy for super effective, they only hit themselves and psychic-types for super effective and both types are uncommon. I also hope normal-type resists (refusing to believe in fairies lol) the fairy-type to give normal-types some form of defense.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    A kissing move sounds like something a Smoochum and Jynx would do but if it does happen id rather it be a normal type for the reason that it might be alittle strange seeing a dragon felled by a kiss (though thats kinda poetic) but normal seems more fitting to me

Also I don't think every cute normal type is going to get made part fairy or turned pure fairy because Normal has always held alot of cute pokemon they might share but I don't think all cute normals will be fairy and I hope personally that Skitty's line and Buneary's line don't become Fairy I dunno why but id like them to stay as just normal types

And can someone explain to me why people want Misdrevious and Mismagius to be Fairy? they are Ghosts why would they be Fairy? unless they're thinking Fairy Spirit which I guess is possible
    OK, there are two very compelling reasons for the Misdreavus line to be Ghost/Fairy,

1) they are based loosely on banshees, which are fae that wail when someone is going to die (if a Banshee wails, it is an omen of death). So with this, we have a reason for it to gain fairy and not lose ghost type (Banshees being fairies related to death)

2) They are based very strongly on the Nukekubi, japanese mythological beings (Yokai) with a string of gems around their neck where their heads detach at night. they go around screaming at people to scare them and then kill them, sounds exactly like misdreavus right? (apart from the killing people thing...). Now you can also see that they are based on Japanese fairies that cause death, hence strong reasoning for Ghost/Fairy again.

Although it is fairy obvious that clefairy and other pinkmons are getting fairy, i'm more interested in Fae/Yokai based mons gaining fairy because their designs are more interesting and not so steoreotypical, also they are more likely to be useful in battle.

1)Mawile (Futakuchi-onna, i'm sure everyone know this)
    2)Misdreavus (Banshees, Nukekubi)
    3)Sableeye (Goblin/gremlins/kobold, maybe replace ghost with fairy since it fits better)
    4)Ninetales (Kitsune)

Oh, and the people who said Ninetales should be ghost because Kitsune are "fox spirits", i disagree with them. Fox spirit is just a name, in almost no stories about Kitsune is it said that Kitsune are the souls of dead foxes, they are a separate spiritual entity (Yokai) that takes the form of foxes, unlike something like the Yuki-Onna (Froslass), where it is specifically stated that Yuki-Onna are the lost souls of women killed in a blizzard.
    Last edited by Flareon Fan; 15th June 2013 at 7:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    You're assuming that Dragon-types will experience larger-than-usual power creep next generation, which is the part that has no evidence to support it.

If anything, the fact that GameFreak recognizes Dragon-types as the centralizing threats they are suggests that Gen VI may have weaker Dragons than we've seen before - so far, Noivern looks to be an okayish standalone. I'd not be surprised if this generation uses a non-Dragon-type pseudo-legend, even.
    Hopefully not too many Gen VI Dragons will be weak. I'd like some strong Fairy types, but strong Dragon types as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Hopefully not too many Gen VI Dragons will be weak. I'd like some strong Fairy types, but strong Dragon types as well.
    not weak, just not pseuso legendary or legendary.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    not weak, just not pseuso legendary or legendary.
    Well maybe one pseudo legendary Dragon line and one pseudo legendary Fairy line.
    Des that sound more balanced?

So, so happy about fairy type. So happy it wasn't something lame like 'light'. I was hoping for Sound to go along with it though. So happy to have something else strong against dragon; they were far too powerful before, and it makes a lot of sense.

Well maybe one pseudo legendary Dragon line and one pseudo legendary Fairy line.
    i think we need more "normal" dragons. making them weak to fairy only solves part of the problem, if they still have huge stats imo.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    Personally I hope that they are weak to poison psychic(light type in japan) and steel(because of iron) I also hope that they are not super effective against dark or ice as those types don't need anymore weaknesses...
    Dark type is tied second among types for least amount of weaknesses, and yet it "Doesn't need anymore weaknesses." Yeah, I'm hoping the Pokebeach rumor is correct and Fairy is strong against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting (which also only has two weaknesses).

We get a pseudo legendary Dragon line in gens 1, 3, 4, and 5, and now you need another in 6? Come on now. Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by BayBird View Post
    Dark type is tied second among types for least amount of weaknesses, and yet it "Doesn't need anymore weaknesses." Yeah, I'm hoping the Pokebeach rumor is correct and Fairy is strong against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting (which also only has two weaknesses).

We get a pseudo legendary Dragon line in gens 1, 3, 4, and 5, and now you need another in 6? Come on now. Seriously?
    I agree, it's time that other types got the spotlight
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    I agree, it's time that other types got the spotlight
    Yeah. I don't even care if it's Fairy that gets it since it's new. I'll take a Grass pseudo legend. Bug. Anything but Dragon. Dark/Rock was unique with Tyrannitar and the only Pokemon to have that combination. Psychic/Steel WAS unique until Bronzong, but still a very unique combination. Why can't we get a new unique type combo in this gen's pseudo legend line (or lines if we have two! Gen 3 had two. What if it's a pattern and Gen 6 gets two. Every three gens gets an additional pseudo line added.) Grass/Ghost finally. Grass/Fire. Fighting/Flying. Bug/Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by BayBird View Post
    Yeah. I don't even care if it's Fairy that gets it since it's new. I'll take a Grass pseudo legend. Bug. Anything but Dragon. Dark/Rock was unique with Tyrannitar and the only Pokemon to have that combination. Psychic/Steel WAS unique until Bronzong, but still a very unique combination. Why can't we get a new unique type combo in this gen's pseudo legend line (or lines if we have two! Gen 3 had two. What if it's a pattern and Gen 6 gets two. Every three gens gets an additional pseudo line added.) Grass/Ghost finally. Grass/Fire. Fighting/Flying. Bug/Dark.
    I have a feeling we'll see at leats 1 fairy pseudo legend to mirror how johto had a dark pseudo legend. I also want 2 pseudo legends this time, We have a theme that every gen has atleast 1 reptile pseudo legend, so I hope they keep in line with that.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    I think it should either be resistant or immune. Dragon isn't resisted by any types except for Steel which isn't known for its combat skills (as a single type, not duel), and that's not quite fair. Adding a strength against Dragon to Fairy would help to balance the chart out.

I just wouldn't like to see Xerneas as a Fairy-type. I don't know why, but something about it bugs me. There may be forest fae, but Xerneas is a deer, and deer aren't that fairy-like to my knowledge (I'm not that good with mythology, so anyone is free to correct me). I'm honestly hoping for Grass/Steel.
    Actually, they are
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    psychic(light type in japan)
    Psychic is called Esper type in Japan
    Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    None of the pokemon retyped to fairy have earthquake, and the only viable one with psychic is gardevoir. Also, I think that word stereotypical is inappropriate here because who could have guessed Gardevoir would get a second type, or marill?
    Actually, a lot of people (myself included) predicted Gardevoir, but yeah, Marill was a surprise

So far, the Pokemon they showed would get the Fairy type were Jigglypuff, Marill and Gardevoir which are from Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3, respectively. This makes me think the next Pokemon they'll show getting gretyped with be from Gen IV and Gen V (and maybe back around to Gen I). Based on this, what do you think are the most likely Pokemon from those Gens thay'll reveal are now fairy type? I predict Togekiss from Gen IV and Audino from Gen V (and maybe Clefairy from Gen I).
    Last edited by Hexametaphosphate; 15th June 2013 at 9:14 AM.

Regarding Psuedo-legendary and Prehistoric pokemon....

Gen 1:

Dragonite (Dragon/Flying)

Gen 2:

Tyranitar (Rock/Dark)

Gen 3:

Metagross (Steel/Psychic)
    Salamence (Dragon/Flying)

Gen 4:

Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)

Gen 5:

Hydreigon (Dark/Dragon)

Gen 6:

Hopefully a .....

Steel/Dragon (A spinosaurus with Metal Spine or Cybernetic Dragon or perhaps a Armoured Sauropod Dragon)
    Dragon/Fairy or Dragon/Bug (A fairy Dragon with Butterfly Wing that is specialize in both Special and Physical attack and speed with low physical and special defense)
    Psychic Dragon (A serpentine dragon type that specialize in Special Attack)

Quote Originally Posted by msiew10 View Post

Gen 1:

Gen 2:

Tyranitar (Rock/Dark)

Gen 3:

Gen 4:

Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)

Gen 5:

Hydreigon (Dark/Dragon)

Gen 6:

Hopefully a .....

Steel/Dragon (A spinosaurus with Metal Spine or Cybernetic Dragon or perhaps a Armoured Sauropod Dragon)
    Dragon/Fairy or Dragon/Bug (A fairy Dragon with Butterfly Wing that is specialize in both Special and Physical attack and speed with low physical and special defense)
    I sincerely hope that this generation we do NOT have a dragon PL. Especially with the new type I mean what would be the point? I would like the new PL(s) to have either the new type OR.... I've always wanted a water or grass pseudo legendary
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexametaphosphate View Post
    Actually, they are

Psychic is called Esper type in Japan

Actually, a lot of people (myself included) predicted Gardevoir, but yeah, Marill was a surprise

So far, the Pokemon they showed would get the Fairy type were Jigglypuff, Marill and Gardevoir which are from Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3, respectively. This makes me think the next Pokemon they'll show getting gretyped with be from Gen IV and Gen V (and maybe back around to Gen I). Based on this, what do you think are the most likely Pokemon from those Gens thay'll reveal are now fairy type? I predict Togekiss from Gen IV and Audino from Gen V (and maybe Clefairy from Gen I).
    If the clefairy and snubble lines don't get the new type I will literally flip a table. I mean they are both classified as the Fairy Pokemon

Gen 1:

Gen 2:

Tyranitar (Rock/Dark)

Gen 3:

Gen 4:

Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)

Gen 5:

Hydreigon (Dark/Dragon)

Gen 6:

Hopefully a .....

I think that Noviern is going to be a Psuedo Legenary...

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I think that Noviern is going to be a Psuedo Legenary...
    I don't think pseudo-legends will be revealed yet this early...

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    I don't think pseudo-legends will be revealed yet this early...
    Maybe but Noivern really looks like a Psuedio-Legendary in my honest opinion

so far, the fairy-type has been portrayed as feminine. i don't mind that, but i'd like a change and some variation to go with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

we already have dragon/flying dual type

we already have dragon/flying dual type
    we do, but this is the first time that flying type is the primary type. and not only when paired with dragon, but any other type. it's always been wither secondary type or the only type when arceus holds the flying type plate or tornadus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Eh, I see it as more of a standalone, along the lines of Druddigon. Size-wise, in terms of both height and weight, it's comparable to Cresselia.

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    This needs to be in picture form, it would just be hilarious.
    If I were any kind of good artist, I would have tried ;P

Somebody artistic- please do it

Azumarill kissing a Salamenence TO DEATH :O
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

I'd rather see Furabébé punch Rayquaza in the face. ^^ With good results.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

It could be something along the lines of Haxorus, I remember it was revealed pretty early. But, for some reason, I see Noivern as a standalone.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Page 37 of 350 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast