Page 101 of 350 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dss_live View Post
    So you are saying that there isn't a single 8year old boy out there that would choose any pokemon that might look feminine? that logic is quite flawed. I'm sure you wouldn't choose that, but different people ahve different likes and dislikes. That goes for young children too, not all boys want overly masculine pokemon. they can very well love to use a beautyfly or a guardevoir.
    My little sister really loved Gyarados as a kid, hardly the most feminine favorite haha! Yeah, I'm just trying to say as well, that masculine or feminine designs, kids will like what they like; which is one of the nice things about pokemon in that it doesn't try and prescribe gender roles etc. on children as much as some other children's media. Like, you can train which ever pokemon you like, it doesn't matter who you are- you can have whatever pokemon :P
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Ash was a guy and in the first season he got a buterfree... did anyone back then thought it was a girly pokemon or ash was lame for having it??? nooooooooooooo, most of us thought wow buterfree is cool... so plz this whole girly pokemon its ridiculous... we already have girl pokemons they doent have to be fairy to be one.... bellosom, beautifly etc and many boys used them!! so take your sexist or closet attitude cases away from pokemon plz
    Last edited by sunny phoenix; 27th June 2013 at 11:46 PM.
    3883-6008-7187

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    My little sister really loved Gyarados as a kid, hardly the most feminine favorite haha! Yeah, I'm just trying to say as well, that masculine or feminine designs, kids will like what they like; which is one of the nice things about pokemon in that it doesn't try and prescribe gender roles etc. on children as much as some other children's media. Like, you can train which ever pokemon you like, it doesn't matter who you are- you can have whatever pokemon :P
    Couldn't agree with you more. For example, the Eeveelutions are a bit feminine, but I'm a guy who uses them.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpadez View Post
    Pookas are donkeys. But these evil fairies should be ghost. Misdreavus is based off of a spirit that led wayward travelers off cliffs.
    I think by that logic almost all fairies would fall as either ghost or dark... Outside of a few exceptions such as brownies they aren't really friendly... (and no fairies like to be messed with or mistreated...)
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

i think that as long as they are careful about who they add fairy type to amongst the older pokemon, then this new type will do well after all i will finally decrease the threat of dragon types

Couldn't agree with you more. For example, the Eeveelutions are a bit feminine, but I'm a guy who uses them.
    As just about every guy does... Espeon is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, and it's pink/purple. -_-

My friend and I always talk about Pokemon, and she said she loved Charizard and Gyarados. Definitely not some feminine Pokemon in her party.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Pookas are donkeys. But these evil fairies should be ghost. Misdreavus is based off of a spirit that led wayward travelers off cliffs.
    Where on earth did you get donkey from? Pookas are shapeshifters. They take the shape of dogs, goats, rabbits, goblins, horses ect. Tamsin is a good book to look at for an example of a Pooka. As for a Pooka I think being Fairy/Dark or Dark/Fairy would be good for one, with the ability imposter or Illusion. Maybe its appearance could change depending on it being day or night? Like a horse at day and a dog/wolf at night?

I don't see every feminine Pokémon getting retyped, but mainly some of the normal cutesy ones and their respective evo lines.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    Ash was a guy and in the first season he got a buterfree... did anyone back then thought it was a girly pokemon or ash was lame for having it??? nooooooooooooo, most of us thought wow buterfree is cool... so plz this whole girly pokemon its ridiculous... we already have girl pokemons they doent have to be fairy to be one.... bellosom, beautifly etc and many boys used them!! so take your sexist or closet attitude cases away from pokemon plz
    Yes, but Ash is not a normal boy...

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I LOVE the Eeveeutions Actually, I don't see them as particularly feminine, apart from perhaps Glaceon and now Sylveon. Leafeon is one of my all time favorites, after Scyther that is :P

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post
    Ash's Butterfree was pretty awesome yah :P I think we are overthinking this a little- as older, wiser peeps- kids don't think about these things as much really- about what they supposedly 'should' like or whatnot, because kids are cool like that! My older brother always used to say 'Ash shouldn't have got rid of his Buttefree, his best pokemon!' stuff like that haha :P

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post

Don't forgot Celadon Gym! LOLOL!!!
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

We've just had Virgil become the Unova league Champion, surely with a team of Eeveelutions he must be the biggest homosexual ever!!! lol Seriously though, it won't matter much, people will still buy the game and maybe they will be idiots and not train Fairy types, but we will have fun using Fairys and kicking their butts!
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

you're right he's missing something between his legs /joke

anyway, I think sexism in Pokemon is one of the stupidest things I've seen in humanity. it's simple, if you don't like a Pokemon for whatever reason, don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    We've just had Virgil become the Unova league Champion, surely with a team of Eeveelutions he must be the biggest homosexual ever!!! lol Seriously though, it won't matter much, people will still buy the game and maybe they will be idiots and not train Fairy types, but we will have fun using Fairys and kicking their butts!
    LMAO this is what some of pokemon's fandom must think. it's ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goukazaru51 View Post
    I don't see every feminine Pokémon getting retyped, but mainly some of the normal cutesy ones and their respective evo lines.
    dear god why does people keep getting fairy as female? i don't get it...fairy is just another word of saying angel or light...which dark is demon or fiend...japan changes these things in america sometimes cuaz of religion reasons and such...just think about fairy type as light...then you understand it can be either gender...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    you're right he's missing something between his legs /joke

anyway, I think sexism in Pokemon is one of the stupidest things I've seen in humanity. it's simple, if you don't like a Pokemon for whatever reason, don't use it.
    He's 10 though :P if there was something to see, then I'd be worried haha!

Pokemon loves gender bending etc. it doesn't stick to rigid gender stereotypes, like look at Jessie and James, Zoe etc. they are very liberal comparatively :P
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

If anything, I actually see Dark as a better name for the type than it's original- as it's original is contradictory to other sources stating that Pokemon are not 'Good' or 'Evil' but neautral creatures. whereas Dark, implies a 'dark' nature; shady, dodgy, using sneaky tactics etc. So 'Evil' seems more the misnomer to me; though it could all be a matter of semantics, I am not Japanese, so I do not know the breadth, depth, history or how widespread the term 'Aku' is.
    Yet I find the Spanish name the best of all, this being Siniestro, meaning sinister (duh), both impliying the dark and the mischievous sides of the type, imo.

Anyways, even though in lore and so the Fae are not pink, fluffy and girly, I think in Pkmn, they will be, as the concept of fairy has been around since the egg groups... and they are, if not completely, quite girly. It doesn't have to be seen as a bad thing, as the Fighting type is quite masculine, as has already been said.

W Team

W2 Team

Am I the only one who finds these insults on those who think Fairy type is "girly" unprofessional? I mean why the hell can't they say that they don't like it because they think its "feminine"? Preferences people.

He's 10 though :P if there was something to see, then I'd be worried haha!

Pokemon loves gender bending etc. it doesn't stick to rigid gender stereotypes, like look at Jessie and James, Zoe etc. they are very liberal comparatively :P
    haha well it would be normal!
    and yeah I realized that pokemon does have a lot of gender-bending. I still have trouble
    believing kangaskhan is a female-only specie.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Am I the only one who finds these insults on those who think Fairy type is "girly" unprofessional? I mean why the hell can't they say that they don't like it because they think its "feminine"? Preferences people.
    This is a forum, not a job. as long as there are no low blows, it doesn't have to be professional.
    and exactly. preferences, we choose to believe it's immature for people to assume something is feminine or girly because it's pink. it's sexist.

exactly my belief it goes with the egg group fairy as well as it goes as light element just like dark pokemon its just the opposite of dark...no steryo types once forever...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Trade Shop~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    dear god why does people keep getting fairy as female? i don't get it...fairy is just another word of saying angel or light...which dark is demon or fiend...japan changes these things in america sometimes cuaz of religion reasons and such...just think about fairy type as light...then you understand it can be either gender...
    Mainly because Game Freak hasn't exactly provided evidence against it? While fairy can mean many different things, which I'm not arguing, I'm saying that what has been SHOWN, Game Freak has given Fairy a more "cute" attribute. Now for all we know we could have a behemoth three headed monster and they slap the type on the Pokémon because they can.

No... it's not really the same as saying angel or light. That was part of the point. It can encompass everything from shapeshifting, childish pookas to kelpies that drown and eat you. The type name for fairy in japan is literally "fairy", which alludes to having a more western idea of fairies.

I'd expect pokemon like misdreavus to get retyped because it's a banshee.

Fairies are not light, angelic and good any more than they are feminine. These are all modern media conceptions that have nothing to do with "real" traditional fairies, and with Game Freak's history of using ancient myths and creatures, I expect fairies to lean toward more traditional fair folk.

They more of skate around the subjects. We do see the words dark, light, and devil in the games, especially in the descriptions. But yes, I think Fairy was a PC rational decision to avoid negative PR, as it's usage will be far more widespread since it will be a type.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario with Lasers View Post
    By the way, Miltank with Rapid Spin for great justice. ROTATING NIPPLES
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    It feels like... I had a halfmeter-long boner. After hearing this, it suddenly went all flaccid. Forever.
    3DS Friend Code (In-Game name is Jesse): 5343-7935-6882
    X Friend Safari: Grass-type: Blahdish, Sawbsux, GoGoatse ( -_-' troll freak...)

I SUPPORT REGIGIGAS WITH EXPLOSION.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Now that I think about it, the Butterfree belonging to Ash may not be the best example.. I mean he did release it so that it could go get laid..

Woahhh, no no no!
    Angels are not fairies.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Goukazaru51 View Post
    Mainly because Game Freak hasn't exactly provided evidence against it? While fairy can mean many different things, which I'm not arguing, I'm saying that what has been SHOWN, Game Freak has given Fairy a more "cute" attribute. Now for all we know we could have a behemoth three headed monster and they slap the type on the Pokémon because they can.
    i know what it is and I know for sure that fairy types are not suppose to be GIRLY OR CUTESY on purpose...its just a type that is refered to the egg group as well as as its the light element...i do not like when people stereotype pink color, cute, and etc to females...its annoying...im a female and i hate pick and girly stuff but i like slyveon cuaz its a eeveelution...

edit: also they may not be angels but still im saying that japan did that before with the game of yugioh they were suppose to be angels but named the type faries on the cards in english while japan it was angel...which the element was light...i know how japan works with games...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Quote Originally Posted by Dillah View Post
    Yet I find the Spanish name the best of all, this being Siniestro, meaning sinister (duh), both impliying the dark and the mischievous sides of the type, imo.

Anyways, even though in lore and so the Fae are not pink, fluffy and girly, I think in Pkmn, they will be, as the concept of fairy has been around since the egg groups... and they are, if not completely, quite girly. It doesn't have to be seen as a bad thing, as the Fighting type is quite masculine, as has already been said.
    The egg group has always (well, since generation 3) had seeming 'odd balls' such as Glailie, Breloom, Mawile so there is room for breath, even just going by the Egg Group
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Now that I think about it, the Butterfree belonging to Ash may not be the best example.. I mean he did release it so that it could go get laid..
    broes before *shot*

I think it's ok for people to think it's feminine, it's just the borderline bashing of the type that annoys me but I guess everybody's entitled to their opinion so I'll leave it be.
    I'm not sure whether I'll use a fairy-type in my team or not once the games come out. I love trying out all the eeveelutions though so I'll probably use sylveon.

Page 101 of 350 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast