Page 102 of 350 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Now that I think about it, the Butterfree belonging to Ash may not be the best example.. I mean he did release it so that it could go get laid..

Woahhh, no no no!
    Angels are not fairies.
    Actually is the best example....

butterfree was male
    but he looked girly
    and he wasnt gay
    cause he got laid with a girly

everyone sing along
    3883-6008-7187

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Now that I think about it, the Butterfree belonging to Ash may not be the best example.. I mean he did release it so that it could go get laid..
    Then his Chikorita, who had a crush on him, then, as a Bayleef, attempted to crush him. It was very obviously female in the anime.

...I don't see how Pikachu is any less cutesy than Marill, and I feel Gardevoir is less cutesy and more serene and graceful. Red also has a clefairy. Jigglypuff was well-loved and popular enough to be a Smash Bros character from the very beginning.

Dislike of "girly" things is something taught to boys, not something innate. I think it's GOOD to encourage kids to look past gender boundaries, because in the end, they tie us down.

Watch as some unexpected Pokémon like Machamp (makes sense since he is ogre-troll like) and Rhydon get retyped to Fairy. Blaziken too!

and no Regality, the mention of Rhydon isn't meant towards you.

I would be excited for pikachu to be retyped to electric/fairy but I doubt it would happen because of marketing purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I would be excited for pikachu to be retyped to electric/fairy but I doubt it would happen because of marketing purposes.
    my theory is that all fairy group egg pokemon wil be fairy so far most of the majority of them are in the fairy egg group...

If you like sailor moon click on the banner and join the club!
    IGN: Allie
    3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    PS Name: FairyWitch824
    master league and shadow star league fairy gym leader and SV is 1846
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    i know what it is and I know for sure that fairy types are not suppose to be GIRLY OR CUTESY on purpose...its just a type that is refered to the egg group as well as as its the light element...i do not like when people stereotype pink color, cute, and etc to females...its annoying...im a female and i hate pick and girly stuff but i like slyveon cuaz its a eeveelution...

edit: also they may not be angels but still im saying that japan did that before with the game of yugioh they were suppose to be angels but named the type faries on the cards in english while japan it was angel...which the element was light...i know how japan works with games...
    I am not trying to pick on you at all, but it is a little silly to say that you know what Game Freak intends on doing with the Fairy type. I understand the stereotyping, and I am all for gender equality. But what has been shown so far from Game Freak doesn't exactly show Fairy types in a masculine light. This is a forum and there will always be speculation, that is everyone does here.

Quote Originally Posted by Goukazaru51 View Post
    I am not trying to pick on you at all, but it is a little silly to say that you know what Game Freak intends on doing with the Fairy type. I understand the stereotyping, and I am all for gender equality. But what has been shown so far from Game Freak doesn't exactly show Fairy types in a masculine light. This is a forum and there will always be speculation, that is everyone does here.
    you don't need proof to see what they think its quite obvious what they think goukazaru...its common sense if your into more then just pokemon...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008
    My Guild~Guild Tours~Guild's Spread~Guild's Xat Chat~Yugioh Club~Deviant Art~Fire Type Club

my theory is that all fairy group egg pokemon wil be fairy so far most of the majority of them are in the fairy egg group...
    The egg group doesn't share the same name with the fairy type in Japan. The egg group is yōsei (Which does mean fairy or elf), and the type is literally "fairy" in katakana. So while they do share a name in english, they don't in Japan.

Can't make too many assumptions when they have different names.

you don't need proof to see what they think its quite obvious what they think goukazaru...its common sense if your into more then just pokemon...
    It's obvious what they are thinking? They created two pink heart shaped fish that aren't even related to each other. Game Freak has a mind of their own.

On topic:
    Most types are seen as more offensive in nature/defensive in nature.. What category do you guys think the Fairy type will be put in?

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    The egg group has always (well, since generation 3) had seeming 'odd balls' such as Glailie, Breloom, Mawile so there is room for breath, even just going by the Egg Group
    Just made a quick counting... And I've found a big majority of feminine-looking pokemon (for me, at least, being I a not-that-masculine-guy)... 14 feminine lines, 6 neutral lines and 2 masculine-looking lines (Breloon and Glalie)... so there are not that many not-feminine-looking "fairies" pokemons so far (plus, you have to add Gardevoir, Flabebe and Sylveon to the already 14 lines, as I see them quite girly -doesn't mean it's a bad thing, but still).

17 vs 8, they outdouble the not-guirly lines, lol.

W Team

W2 Team

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    Then his Chikorita, who had a crush on him, then, as a Bayleef, attempted to crush him. It was very obviously female in the anime.

...I don't see how Pikachu is any less cutesy than Marill, and I feel Gardevoir is less cutesy and more serene and graceful. Red also has a clefairy. Jigglypuff was well-loved and popular enough to be a Smash Bros character from the very beginning.

Dislike of "girly" things is something taught to boys, not something innate. I think it's GOOD to encourage kids to look past gender boundaries, because in the end, they tie us down.
    I think letting the child explore what it wants to is better than encouraging them out of their comfort zone. Males and females do have different mindsets on the same subjects, and are mentally evolved for their different roles in humanity. Also, men are more hunters and women are more nurturers.

Besides that point, my post was very off topic.

manly worrier steel/Fairy with a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I think letting the child explore what it wants to is better than encouraging them out of their comfort zone. Males and females do have different mindsets on the same subjects, and are mentally evolved for their different roles in humanity. Also, men are more hunters and women are more nurturers.

Besides that point, my post was very off topic.
    Eeeh, my little brother got a baby doll out of his own choice and loved his dolls more than I (being female) ever did. I much prefered rolling around with animals in the dirt. We as a species are geared for co-operative parenting, that's why we're monogamous. So I have a hard time believing "women are more nurturing". Behavior has very little to do with gender. Just my stance as a biologist with a focus in animal behavior. And with my history in being constantly derided for liking so-called "guy stuff" or having my personality coming off as "masculine".

It's people that tell boys "that's for girls!" that influence kid's choices in toys more than anything. I didn't say FORCE anything out of their comfort zone. Just let kids pick without outside influence.

It's obvious what they are thinking? They created two pink heart shaped fish that aren't even related to each other. Game Freak has a mind of their own.

On topic:
    Most types are seen as more offensive in nature/defensive in nature.. What category do you guys think the Fairy type will be put in?
    that is were you wrong my friend i know something but i will not say it on the forums and i do have proof of it gamefreak didn't have its mind of its own when it started but its more for me a childhood memory that i keep playing it but moving on and answer your question i really think fairy may be equal both defense and attack...i can't really see it as just one or the other...

3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    Eeeh, my little brother got a baby doll out of his own choice and loved his dolls more than I (being female) ever did. I much prefered rolling around with animals in the dirt. We as a species are geared for co-operative parenting, that's why we're monogamous. So I have a hard time believing "women are more nurturing". Behavior has very little to do with gender. Just my stance as a biologist with a focus in animal behavior. And with my history in being constantly derided for liking so-called "guy stuff" or having my personality coming off as "masculine".

It's people that tell boys "that's for girls!" that influence kid's choices in toys more than anything. I didn't say FORCE anything out of their comfort zone. Just let kids pick without outside influence.
    You're little brother reminds me of how I was as a kid

Modern companies have put a lot of focus into establishing this separation of 'masculine' and 'feminine' toys- which I find an odious marketing practice, because 'gender' is a societal invention, not a result of evolution. I think forcing gender roles onto children from a young age is not a healthy practice :S because children who don't fit neatly into this false dichotomy, are left feeling isolated and 'weird'- I know that from first hand experience :S

Though yeah, whatever Fairy type turns out to be, I'll love it all the same
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

On topic:
    If the speculation that a lot of healing moves and pokemon associated with them (Chansey etc) being turned to fairy is correct then I could see it being more defensive and team supporting in nature.

Of course I hope it turns out to be an offensive special attacking machine, as those are my go to types.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/29w0sad.jpg[/IMG]
    Hopes for Megas

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2u4iudy.jpg[/IMG]

maybe very will have a one to one weakness advantage ratio.

On topic:
    I am going with special attack and special defense.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by sheol View Post
    hahaha wow that went dark quicky. Maybe the evil team in this gen is trying to deny that fairy exist, in memory of that professor. "Professor X was right! Fairy does not exist because they cannot exist! also it's too girly! TOO GIRLY!"

So it probably has come up already,but anyone has design/types combos ideas for a tooth fairy pokemon?

I sez Rock/Fairy.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I'm with you on that, though it would be next to impossible because off the anime :P
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Elgyem and Beheeyem should be part Fairy because it is tought aliens have a connection to fairies and elves.

^on gender stereotypes a lot of these are far more recent than you think for example until the 1940's pink was the more masculine color(as it was a "warm" color) and blue was the more feminine color(It represented purity and fertility) Likewise Purple was a color associated with power and wealth a it was the hardest color to produce. The shift was due to the textile industry in this case. A similar argument can be applied to fairies as before Disney and Shakespeare they were more in line with the Japanese Yokai than the modern fairy. Previously Gamefreak has pulled things from deeper legends as opposed to the more mainstream mention so it is possible we could see that here as well. Personally I would not be surprised to see some fairies of old appearing alongside the more "feminine modern fairies)
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Elgyem and Beheeyem should be part Fairy because it is tought aliens have a connection to fairies and elves.
    I would not mind this happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    A similar argument can be applied to fairies as before Disney and Shakespeare they were more in line with the Japanese Yokai than the modern fairy. Previously Gamefreak has pulled things from deeper legends as opposed to the more mainstream mention so it is possible we could see that here as well. Personally I would not be surprised to see some fairies of old appearing alongside the more "feminine modern fairies)
    I'd argue Shakespeare's fairies weren't all that nice, either. It seems to be like a really modern Tinkerbell thing. Also possibly as a result of Christianity wiping out any traces of the traditional pagan cultures of Europe? So much history got trashed for being "heathen" or "evil". Traditional fairies feel a lot more like modern cryptids with supernatural powers than anything. People DID believe that fairies were what made milk spoil. Fairies were also used as explanations for things like will 'o wisp. (I'm wondering if Will 'O Wisp will get retyped as a move, though I'm doubting it.)

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpadez View Post
    Pookas are donkeys. But these evil fairies should be ghost. Misdreavus is based off of a spirit that led wayward travelers off cliffs.
    Actually, misdreavus is based on the nukekubi and banshees. Misdreavus' behavior is mainly to scare people away, not to lead them anywhere.

Page 102 of 350 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast