Page 103 of 350 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

I think the Fairy Type should be a Supporting Special Type that is defensive..anyone else agree?

GF must explain what it means to be a ghost, dark, or a fairy type pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I think the Fairy Type should be a Supporting Special Type that is defensive..anyone else agree?
    I think it could be a mixed but mainly defensive type like Water perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    GF must explain what it means to be a ghost, dark, or a fairy type pokemon.
    Ghost types, by what we are given- are spirits originating from a Spirit/Ghost World that is on a plane transecting our own- which explains many of the abilities of Ghost types- this world they originate from appears to be where disembodies souls from our world can end up too. Also, some Japanese Yokai are included- usually those with malevolent or mysterious traits compared to more benign ones.

Dark types aren't 'spirits' really, they are just creatures that take to a lifestyle primarily characterized by shady, dodgy, sneaky, tricky, thieving, cheating etc. It isn't really anything to do with 'Evil'- just being sneaky etc.

Fairy types are creatures that are spirits originating from our world- they are the essences of natural phenomena and are kind of like the embodiments of certain concepts too- also they likely include Japanese Yosei, which are a broad category of enchanted beasts, as far as I know, some are fairly similar to Yokai too; odd' human-seeming creatures, as well as more general spirit creatures that aren't linked to death in the way that the Ghost type is.

That is my take on it anyway =]
    Last edited by storm12; 28th June 2013 at 12:37 PM.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Why did they made dragon type pokemons weak against fairy!? Dragon type pokemon have now 3 weaknesses and they are only good against their selves.

Quote Originally Posted by shinykyurem View Post
    Why did they made dragon type pokemons weak against fairy!? Dragon type pokemon have now 3 weaknesses and they are only good against their selves.
    Because they were getting overpowered. Plus most other types have at least three weaknesses or more.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Because they were getting overpowered. Plus most other types have at least three weaknesses or more.
    It makes alot of sense to have another type that's effective against Dragon since Ice and Dragon are not that common

It makes alot of sense to have another type that's effective against Dragon since Ice and Dragon are not that common
    One of the main problems with those two types, was that it was VERY difficult to land STAB super effective damage on a Dragon with it, because neither type carries a resistance to it- in fact, with Dragon you are running the risk of getting KO'd yourself- plus Ice could face a Stone Edge or Fire Blast from a well prepared Dragon.

Also, generally the Dragon type has a much much higher ratio of powerful pokemon, considering how small a group it is; a significant proportion of those are Legends, Pseudo Legends or even just threatening stuff like Haxorus. The type has had the whole metagame tipped in it's favour because of this, as there was not a type that could reliably switch in, resist a hit and then hit back with a super effective STAB move- which is hopefully what Fairy will be capable of doing.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    One of the main problems with those two types, was that it was VERY difficult to land STAB super effective damage on a Dragon with it, because neither type carries a resistance to it- in fact, with Dragon you are running the risk of getting KO'd yourself- plus Ice could face a Stone Edge or Fire Blast from a well prepared Dragon.

Also, generally the Dragon type has a much much higher ratio of powerful pokemon, considering how small a group it is; a significant proportion of those are Legends, Pseudo Legends or even just threatening stuff like Haxorus. The type has had the whole metagame tipped in it's favour because of this, as there was not a type that could reliably switch in, resist a hit and then hit back with a super effective STAB move- which is hopefully what Fairy will be capable of doing.
    Agreed.

Excepting: Flygon, Kingdra, Altaria, Haxorus, and Druddigon, all dragons were pseudo-legendary or legendary pokemon. You only see 4 dragons outside of OU/Ubers.

Quote Originally Posted by Troopah View Post
    Agreed.

Excepting: Flygon, Kingdra, Altaria, Haxorus, and Druddigon, all dragons were pseudo-legendary or legendary pokemon. You only see 4 dragons outside of OU/Ubers.
    But adding another type doesnt solve the root of the poblem completly...

Dragons are powerfull because of their godlike stats, huge movespool, and many resistances (the compination of first 2 are the bigger problems i think)
    For all we know fairy type pkmn may end up as a big threat for dragons as ice are...meaning none.... the threat of dragons as of now was pkmn that could learn ice type moves but werent ice types themselves... same could happen with fairies...

Gf should add better (stat wise ) ice pokemon... also stoping making almost every dragon so strong (stat wise again) and not giving them such wide movepools
    3883-6008-7187

I hope that the speculation about poison being super effective against fairy be true as poison might be the most 'invisible' type in the games so far. I can also see fairy as a type that will have overall good special defense. I don't know if this has been brought up, but does anyone have any theory as to how they selected the old group of pokemon re/classified as fairy type? So far, what do you think are the common characteristics of the revealed fairy types? Is it the cuteness? supposed friendliness or loyalty? myths and legends?

Quote Originally Posted by sunny phoenix View Post

Dragons are powerfull because of their godlike stats, huge movespool, and many resistances (the compination of first 2 are the bigger problems i think)
    For all we know fairy type pkmn may end up as a big threat for dragons as ice are...meaning none.... the threat of dragons as of now was pkmn that could learn ice type moves but werent ice types themselves... same could happen with fairies...

Gf should add better (stat wise ) ice pokemon... also stoping making almost every dragon so strong (stat wise again) and not giving them such wide movepools
    The problem with Ice though, was the risk defensively- to get the sheer power behind an attack via STAB was exceedingly difficult, as Ice types aren't known for their Speed stats- and The fact that Dragons could be carrying threatening Rock and Fire type moves made the prospect of using Ice types a daunting one.

What they should have learned, is that in order for it to be truly effective- Fairy NEEDS to resist Dragon. That in itself would ease the damage dealing potential of Dragons, as the only other thing that resists them currently is Steel, who are not stellar offensively; particularly against Dragons, who may even be carrying Ground or Fire moves. The wide attacking potential of Dragons is what has made them so dangerous, as they carry moves that can check their counters as I've said- this is why Dragon's have had such dominion. The problem with Ice types isn't so much their stats, as their defensive viability- their sole resistance has a very unlikely chance of being useful other than as a switch in- but once the [Ice] cat is out the bag, then switching in a Fire or Steel type pokemon isn't a hard choice; as their isn't much an Ice type can do in terms of coverage etc.

I think this problem could have been solved long ago, by having Steel strong against Dragon- in that way, it would have provided Steel a niche aside from it's poor man potential along side Fighting type moves- and it would have provided a sure check with Steel's resistance, but the threat of Ground and Fire moves would still be there, so it probably wouldn't have been too unbalanced then.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

The problem with Ice though, was the risk defensively- to get the sheer power behind an attack via STAB was exceedingly difficult, as Ice types aren't known for their Speed stats- and The fact that Dragons could be carrying threatening Rock and Fire type moves made the prospect of using Ice types a daunting one.

What they should have learned, is that in order for it to be truly effective- Fairy NEEDS to resist Dragon. That in itself would ease the damage dealing potential of Dragons, as the only other thing that resists them currently is Steel, who are not stellar offensively; particularly against Dragons, who may even be carrying Ground or Fire moves. The wide attacking potential of Dragons is what has made them so dangerous, as they carry moves that can check their counters as I've said- this is why Dragon's have had such dominion. The problem with Ice types isn't so much their stats, as their defensive viability- their sole resistance has a very unlikely chance of being useful other than as a switch in- but once the [Ice] cat is out the bag, then switching in a Fire or Steel type pokemon isn't a hard choice; as their isn't much an Ice type can do in terms of coverage etc.

I think this problem could have been solved long ago, by having Steel strong against Dragon- in that way, it would have provided Steel a niche aside from it's poor man potential along side Fighting type moves- and it would have provided a sure check with Steel's resistance, but the threat of Ground and Fire moves would still be there, so it probably wouldn't have been too unbalanced then.
    If fairies doesnt outspeed dragons there is nothing stoping them to use a poison or steel type move to kill them (if the rumours are true), cause thanks to their stats and movepool they can do that... so faries have to outclass (stat wise ) the dragons but then we might end up with another very strong type.... so fairies might need good stats but not a varried moovepool then, so that they can counter dragons but not outclass all the other types
    3883-6008-7187

Ofcourse just making a new type won't solve all the problems with dragons, but it is only the beginning, I would like to imagine that a psuedo Fairy will be made this gen that could stand on equal terms to the dragon psuedos. GF can't be fully to blame, Dragons in every portrayal have been 'powerful' etc. so they have done there job right, just made them too OP, which is obviously what they're fixing. Until they reveal all the advantage/weaknesses of Fairys, we may be able to see a better picture

I wonder if GF will reveal all the info on Fairys strengths/weaknesses before release?? I wouldn't mind either way.

Also I've just checked, only Garchomp out of the 4 psuedos can learn a Poison move and they can all learn either Iron Head or Iron Tail. As for the thing about them having a diverse movepool, they may actually get smaller, all trainers will be scared and probs want to carry a Steel move which is only strong against Rock....switch in for a water type and hit back with Ice beam.... Dragons are going to be restricted to Steel move and only 3 others, so alot of move pools are going to be Steel, STAB, STAB, Dragon Dance....very easy to predict imo.
    Last edited by Ditto24; 28th June 2013 at 2:33 PM.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post

Also I've just checked, only Garchomp out of the 4 psuedos can learn a Poison move and they can all learn either Iron Head or Iron Tail. As for the thing about them having a diverse movepool, they may actually get smaller, all trainers will be scared and probs want to carry a Steel move which is only strong against Rock....switch in for a water type and hit back with Ice beam.... Dragons are going to be restricted to Steel move and only 3 others, so alot of move pools are going to be Steel, STAB, STAB, Dragon Dance....very easy to predict imo.
    HAhaha i was doing the same thing ... i was checking dragon's movepool.... if this gen we get better steel or poison type moves hopefully not all dragons would be able to learn them
    3883-6008-7187

HAhaha i was doing the same thing ... i was checking dragon's movepool.... if this gen we get better steel or poison type moves hopefully not all dragons would be able to learn them
    I think Fairy will still have potential, as what you were describing before was pretty much the problem any counter faces switching into a pokemon with unknown coverage. We'll have to see though won't we :P If Dragons start carrying Steel and/Or Poison WILL limit their movesets and make them easier to predict, so even that will help
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

I am all for new Poison moves and I think we will get them, but I think GF will actually restrict Dragons from getting many Poison moves, make them rely on Steel, it seems more fitting for a Dragon.

Ofcourse just making a new type won't solve all the problems with dragons, but it is only the beginning, I would like to imagine that a psuedo Fairy will be made this gen that could stand on equal terms to the dragon psuedos. GF can't be fully to blame, Dragons in every portrayal have been 'powerful' etc. so they have done there job right, just made them too OP, which is obviously what they're fixing. Until they reveal all the advantage/weaknesses of Fairys, we may be able to see a better picture

I wonder if GF will reveal all the info on Fairys strengths/weaknesses before release?? I wouldn't mind either way.

Steel is strong against Ice as well.

And I doubt that the powerful Dragons will carry Iron Tail, considering that its accuracy sucks. Even Dragonite wields the powerful force of Hurricane with a Choice Specs. Haxorus might drop to BL or UU considering it's nearly outclassed in OU as of now.

And just because Poison is super effective against Fairy doesn't mean that it will be seen a whole lot more, it only can cover one other type which is Grass whom one could just use Fire to resist the type while resisting Fairy (assuming it is real).
    Last edited by Dragalge; 28th June 2013 at 2:51 PM.

I'd like if Fairy types were completely immune to Dragon moves. Steel should also be super-effective against them, Steel types need some more SE.
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

But we SHOULD get a poison dragon, one that gets strong poison STAB And I agree with steel getting more SE, maybe it and poison could be SE against Fairy
    Last edited by EonDragonFTW; 28th June 2013 at 2:53 PM.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Though, with more Poison moves being carried around, I have a feeling the Grass type will suffer =\ I really really hope Grass resists Fairy =S
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Steel is strong against Ice as well.

And I doubt that the powerful Dragons will carry Iron Tail, considering that its accuracy sucks. Even Dragonite wields the powerful force of Hurricane with a Choice Specs. Haxorus might drop to BL or UU considering it's nearly outclassed in OU as of now.

And just because Poison is super effective against Fairy doesn't mean that it will be seen a whole lot more, it only can cover one other type which is Grass whom one could just use Fire to resist the type while resisting Fairy (assuming it is real).
    That was kind of my point, alot of Dragons coverage have bad side effects Iron Tail, Stone Edge, Fire Blast etc. I know that if Poison/Steel is strong against Fairy, alot of people will kind of 'panic' (for lack of a better word) and feel the need to include a P or S type move. Ofcourse, Dragons are still gonna hit hard coz of BST but for a while atleast, its going to clog down Dragons movepools.

That was kind of my point, alot of Dragons coverage have bad side effects Iron Tail, Stone Edge, Fire Blast etc. I know that if Poison/Steel is strong against Fairy, alot of people will kind of 'panic' (for lack of a better word) and feel the need to include a P or S type move. Ofcourse, Dragons are still gonna hit hard coz of BST but for a while atleast, its going to clog down Dragons movepools.
    or they will just use Sizor/magnezone/Metagross/Ferothorn/Skarmory/Foretress/other viable steel (or possibly poison type) getting used alongside the dragons again... Dragmag anyone? 0_o
    What they need to do is improve ice defensive match ups as right now Ice is the worst type after all just look at poor Kyurem 660 BST with an standard ability(non hindering) and it failed to even make OU...
    Fairy types will need to be able to switch in to Dragon attacks speaking of dragon attacks, we may see an end to the day of Outrage now!

The point is it takes more than 1 resistance to make a Pokemon a counter... (maybe give Fairy a resistance to common Dragon coverage moves?)
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Troopah View Post
    Agreed.

I agree..giving Dragon Type another weakness is a very good thing..i hope a lot of Fairy Type become really useful in competetive play

I agree..giving Dragon Type another weakness is a very good thing..i hope a lot of Fairy Type become really useful in competetive play
    I think the fact they are showing an awareness of the effectiveness of types in battle, I have a feeling they have been careful with balancing this type and it's place in the type chart as to rectify rather than ruin.

Though in a possible future where Fairy is completely OP and dominant in the metagame- I can see memes coming out with pokefied Obi Wan decrying a pokefied Anakin: 'you were supposed to be the chosen one, bring balance to the force'..... blah blah. I hope this doesn't happen though- that Fairy becomes a balanced, if modest threat in the metagame- but aside from battling, I think they can't go wrong really. It is an injection of innovation into the Franchise that will certainly garner interest from fans, new and old.

Off topic completely- does anyone know how to upload a custom avatar on here? Or does it have to be one of the preselected ones?
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

I think the fact they are showing an awareness of the effectiveness of types in battle, I have a feeling they have been careful with balancing this type and it's place in the type chart as to rectify rather than ruin.

Though in a possible future where Fairy is completely OP and dominant in the metagame- I can see memes coming out with pokefied Obi Wan decrying a pokefied Anakin: 'you were supposed to be the chosen one, bring balance to the force'..... blah blah. I hope this doesn't happen though- that Fairy becomes a balanced, if modest threat in the metagame- but aside from battling, I think they can't go wrong really. It is an injection of innovation into the Franchise that will certainly garner interest from fans, new and old.

Off topic completely- does anyone know how to upload a custom avatar on here? Or does it have to be one of the preselected ones?
    And I will be the first one to make that meme XD

I think only mods get custom aviis :/

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Page 103 of 350 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast