Page 12 of 350 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    Ok now fairy type is confirmed I wonder if any pre-exsisting moves will be retyped.
    Well i can see Moonlight being retyped from Normal to Fairy for one.

The other possible moves i see are; Bestow, Metronome, Natural Gift, Nature Power, Sing and Transform.

I think that only Normal type moves should be taken into consideration for a possible retyping (especially from the "Other" typed attacks).

That's because Normal type moves don't have any super-effectiveness to them and Normal type moves are ineffective against Ghost and do quarter damage to Rock and Steel.

These points could easily be adjusted.

Also the fact that when Dark type was introduced, the moves which got retyped were from Normal type.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post

Can you really say, with a straight face, that that is a fairy?
    I can't say ANYTHING with a straight face while looking at that thing's mug.

Currently I am quite disappointed with fairy type, they are just not the type of pokemon I like.. well, none so far are.

And I can not see moonlight getting retyped!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Currently I am quite disappointed with fairy type, they are just not the type of pokemon I like.. well, none so far are.
    you are like me if Pokemon were real you would be an ace trainer with flashy powerful Pokémon

Small cute pokemon are fun to look at but they don't get the job done as good as Aggron

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    Id like to see some of the mythological fairies... those guys are definitely not things you could call girly... I mean changelings,Goblins, trolls, kelpsies, banshees well all fairies... the fairies of old-usually indifferent to mortals or abuse them for their entertainment/ow reasons (example changelings replacing human babies with their own(no one knows what happens to the human child)) (though they probably will be going more with the Disney version though some more legendary fairies would make sense(especially if they are to be effective against dragons...). So far I don't have any problem with the fairy type recons (all of them could pass for a fey) but I hope Ralts and Kirlia are both pure psychic though...

Depending on how they handle it I can see multiple possibilities for the type
    mischievous/malevolent spirits(unlikely but this is what most Fairies of old were maybe some will have a hint of this)
    elemental/nature spirits(can easily see this probably would be dual typed)
    "modern fairy"(probably going to happen

The flower of old if done right could have some resemblance to a more benevolent version of a nature spirit but over all it is a wait and see...
    Prankster Fairies?

... Well, Sableye IS a ghostly gremlin with PRANKSTER as a Hidden Ability. Sableye's also going to be appearing in the Genesect movie. I say everybody's favorite Gobling gets an evolution along with a Fairy-typing.

And I can not see moonlight getting retyped!
    well, that can't satisfy all pokefans. I'm not going crazy for fairies either but I'm still interested to see which pokemon get re-typed/ what new pokemon are fairy type. I always thought moonlight should have been a dark type move.

Also, fingers crossed for a fairy and/or dragon dunsparce evo. I love that thing :P
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    well, that can't satisfy all pokefans. I'm not going crazy for fairies either but I'm still interested to see which pokemon get re-typed/ what new pokemon are fairy type. I always thought moonlight should have been a dark type move.
    Two of the four moon pokemon are dark type, so this is probably more likely than fairy type...

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

12 pages in a day... whoah...

Okay, so I at least hope Fairy-type is weak to Poison. Would help the Poison-type a lot and would be pretty interesting.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

I'm so happy that Gardevoir got the Fairy typing! I had a feeling that they would revisit her in some way in X/Y and give her a much-needed boost. I hope she gets some really good Fairy moves to boost her viability in the meta-game.

I have a feeling that Fairy Wind is 60 Power with -- accuracy. Just a hunch.

This has probably already been touched on in the 10 pages of discussion, but is anyone else guessing that based on its description, Moonblast will be another Draco Meteor copy, with 140 Power, 90 Accuracy, and harshly lowering SpAtk?

Based on my assumption that Moonblast is a Draco Meteor equivalent, I hope a special tutor can teach Fairy Pokemon Moonblast, ala tutors teaching Dragon Pokemon Draco Meteor. I really want to teach my Ava (Gardevoir) Moonblast. I would have loved to teach her Psycho Boost by a tutor, but this would certainly more than suffice. ^_^
    Last edited by Ulicies; 12th June 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

To complete my Pokedex collection, I need: Genosect, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Phione. If anyone would be willing to trade, I don't have an impressive collection to offer, but I would very much appreciate it! Please PM!

I love the fact, Furabebe could go up to Rayquaza.

Boo!

Rayquaza runs off like a wimp and screams.

I hope togekiss gets retyped to Fairy/Flying

FCs:
    Black- 1550 5635 4578. White 2- 0992 2115 3932
    3DS: 5386 7832 8719

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    I'm so happy that Gardevoir got the Fairy typing! I had a feeling that they would revisit her in some way in X/Y and give her a much-needed boost. I hope she gets some really good Fairy moves to boost her viability in the meta-game.

This has probably already been touched on in the 10 pages of discussion, but is anyone else guessing that based on its description, Moonblast will be another Draco Meteor copy, with 140 Power, 90 Accuracy, and harshly lowering SpAtk?

Based on my assumption that Moonblast is a Draco Meteor equivalent, I'm personally hoping that a special tutor can teach Fairy Pokemon Moonblast, ala tutors teaching Dragon Pokemon Draco Meteor. I really want to teach my Ava (Gardevoir) Moonblast. I would have loved to teach her Psycho Boost by a tutor, but this would certainly more than suffice. ^_^
    I think Fairy Wind is going to be one of those weak moves a Pokemon would get early on... I dunno, it has that sort of aura to me.

You know, now that you say it, it may be. But I can't see it being as strong as Draco Meteor, with the 140 base power. Maybe 90 or 100...

Based on my assumption that Moonblast is a Draco Meteor equivalent, I'm personally hoping that a special tutor can teach Fairy Pokemon Moonblast, ala tutors teaching Dragon Pokemon Draco Meteor. I really want to teach my Ava (Gardevoir) Moonblast. I would have loved to teach her Psycho Boost by a tutor, but this would certainly more than suffice. ^_^
    I have heard people say its going to be the new silver/ominous wind 60bp with a chance of stat

i think moon blast is going to be the anti solarbeam 2 turn move during day 1 turn move at night

I can't help but wonder how many unfortunate Pokemon are going to gain a 4x weakness as a result of this type's introduction.

It also kind of bugs me that it's going to make the lesser dragon types like Altaria and Druddigon suffer just as much as the more prevalent ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I can't help but wonder how many unfortunate Pokemon are going to gain a 4x weakness as a result of this type's introduction.

It also kind of bugs me that it's going to make the lesser dragon types like Altaria and Druddigon suffer just as much as the more prevalent ones.
    Meh, if it's their type, it's their problem now. I wouldn't really use 'em anyway, but just have them learn moves that could counter Fairy-types, if they can.

For some reason I really like the new fairy type Furabebe, not much people also like it, but just wait until it evolves into some sort of fairy and dragon type lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    For some reason I really like the new fairy type Furabebe, not much people also like it, but just wait until it evolves into some sort of fairy and dragon type lol
    I really like it too. I dunno, I just think it looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    I think Fairy Wind is going to be one of those weak moves a Pokemon would get early on... I dunno, it has that sort of aura to me.

You know, now that you say it, it may be. But I can't see it being as strong as Draco Meteor, with the 140 base power. Maybe 90 or 100...
    Now that you mention it, the wording only says "lowers," not "harshly lowers." Perhaps this implies that it's a smaller version of Draco Meteor: less powerful than Draco Meteor, but only lowers SpAtk by one stage to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    I have heard people say its going to be the new silver/ominous wind 60bp with a chance of stat

i think moon blast is going to be the anti solarbeam 2 turn move during day 1 turn move at night
    Huh, that's an interesting thought. But then, how would the move work in multiplayer battles? Would it only have the 1-turn-at-night perk in single-player? That's a cool idea, though.
    Last edited by Ulicies; 12th June 2013 at 11:29 PM.

To complete my Pokedex collection, I need: Genosect, Meloetta, Manaphy, and Phione. If anyone would be willing to trade, I don't have an impressive collection to offer, but I would very much appreciate it! Please PM!

I don't see why people are acting as though all fairies will be able to beat all dragons now..

I am expecting dragon/steel and dragon/poison pokemon to come in this generation.

I think the Fairy-type is redundant. I don't really understand the need for it, and it seems like a gimmick that Gamefreak came up with to boost interest in the new games. And I don't see why older Pokemon had to have the Fairy-type tacked on them; if Gamefreak really wanted to introduce the Fairy-type, they should have given it to new Pokemon only imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I think the Fairy-type is redundant. I don't really understand the need for it, and it seems like a gimmick that Gamefreak came up with to boost interest in the new games. And I don't see why older Pokemon had to have the Fairy-type tacked on them; if Gamefreak really wanted to introduce the Fairy-type, they should have given it to new Pokemon only imo.
    I fully disagree. I think a lot of older Pokemon resemble fairies, and a Fairy type has been theorized for a long time. This not only gives Pokemon who fully resemble fairies the proper typing they deserve, but it also allows weaker Pokemon who slightly resemble fairies to receive a much-needed boost.

When I first saw Furabebe I thought it was just was a flower with a face, but looking closer it actually looks like a little Fairy attached to a flower! Its so cute, I wonder if it will get an evolution!
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Arcanine Trainer View Post
    I always thought Steel should have been SE against Dragons, what with all those legends of knights dressed in armor slaying dragons with swords.

The Steel & Poison weaknesses for Fairy make sense though. Both Poison & Steel are pretty weak offensive types, giving them an advantage over the new dragon-slayers gives them a lot more purpose on a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Why would Steel need another type to be weak against. Steel already is weak to the common Ground and Fighting type (plus Fire).

On the other hand Steel being SE on Fairy would be good as Steel type isn't a good offensive type presently, and the 2 types its SE against (i.e, Ice and Rock) are both already weak to the common Fighting type.
    I know Steel isn't a good offensive type, but it's not meant to be. Look at its resistances- Grass,Dragon,Normal,Dark,Bug,Rock,Ice,Flying,Ghost ,Psychic,Steel, and immunity to Poison. 12 out of 17 types do very little damage to Steel, which is why it makes sense for something to beat it.
    Dragon on the other hand has resistance to Fire,Water,Grass, and Electric. Dragon has two weaknesses and Steel has three, but Steel has resistance to 71% of all types. That is huge, and we ought to have a little something more to break that. Also Steel isn't SE on Dragon because not all Steel types are based off of knights in armor. In fact the closest you get to a knight in armor is Bug/Steel Escavalier, which, being Steel, is resistant to Dragon and 71% of other types.

I fully disagree. I think a lot of older Pokemon resemble fairies, and a Fairy type has been theorized for a long time. This not only gives Pokemon who fully resemble fairies the proper typing they deserve, but it also allows weaker Pokemon who slightly resemble fairies to receive a much-needed boost.
    ..like the Water Mouse Marill?

I wouldn't freak out about cute fairies beating dragons.
    For example a cute ice type as Smoochum is capable of doing the same as Jigglypuff is doing in the next generation

Quote Originally Posted by Worbinator View Post
    I wouldn't freak out about cute fairies beating dragons.
    For example a cute ice type as Smoochum is capable of doing the same as Jigglypuff is doing in the next generation
    Are people really complaining about something like that? "omg these stupid cute/girly-looking Pokemon are beating my KEWL draguns?!? Stoopid game!!"

How vain of them.

..like the Water Mouse Marill?
    Marill is plausible in that it fits my second reason: it slightly resembles the embodiment of a Fairy while also needing a boost in viability

Page 12 of 350 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast