Page 13 of 350 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Are people really complaining about something like that? "omg these stupid cute/girly-looking Pokemon are beating my KEWL draguns?!? Stoopid game!!"

How vain of them.
    Actually its more like fairy type fans going "Hahaha my cutesy wootsy pokemon is gonna beat all the big mean dwagons".

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by C.y.a.n View Post
    I love the fact, Furabebe could go up to Rayquaza.

Boo!

Rayquaza runs off like a wimp and screams.

I hope togekiss gets retyped to Fairy/Flying
    This is exactly why I don't like fairies and the people who support them superficially, before I get into the technical reasons why they don't make sense.

*Accidentally knocks over a can of worms*

Hey! Marill, Jigglypuff, and Gardevoir have been retyped to include the Fairy type! Not only that, but they also appear in the Hoenn Dex. I guess you know what that means?

*gets pummeled by a plethoric amount of smart posters while the not-so-bright ones applauds the notion above*

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

First of all, I have not seen anyone on this thread going on about how Fairy-types will be the "bane of existence" for Dragon-types. I have only seen posts on how it will counter the almost-too-powerful Dragon-types right now.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    This is exactly why I don't like fairies and the people who support them superficially, before I get into the technical reasons why they don't make sense.
    And this is exactly why I'm glad Fairies have been added to the game: to knock Dragons off of this too-high pedestal that superficial Dragon enthusiasts like you raise them to.

Can someone explain why Marill is a fairy type now? It is awfully confusing.

..hey, I just don't like cutesy pokemon, which is what fairy type is turning out to be about.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

And this is exactly why I'm glad Fairies have been added to the game: to knock Dragons off of this too-high pedestal that superficial Dragon enthusiasts like you raise them to.
    agree! Although "fairy" may be a type a little "sissy" It brigs a lot of new strategies to the game I think... With so many generations with the same types and attacks, game strategy came to be a little restricted I guess... (sorry for some errors I'm portuguese)

Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

Fairy type is coming because we need to classify some Pokémons as well as to balance the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Not sure, but maybe because it has a fairy-esque appearance...?

If Fairy is indeed weak to steel, at least Aggron will have something new to play with!

I believe that Dragons are OP as I've stated many times. Yes I'm a fan of Dragons, sue me! I do however recognize the more pressing concern we have in Steel types being weakened. From the sound of things Steel will be SE against Fairy, thus making Steel either SE against 3 types, resistant to 11, and immune to 1. If Fairy is also ineffective against Steel this will be 3 SEs, 11-12 Rs, and 1-2 Is. This is a bigger problem than Dragons. I don't have anything against Steel types, I just recognize them as the more pressing concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I can't help but wonder how many unfortunate Pokemon are going to gain a 4x weakness as a result of this type's introduction.

It also kind of bugs me that it's going to make the lesser dragon types like Altaria and Druddigon suffer just as much as the more prevalent ones.

4x weakness?? I wouldn't complain.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

I'm not prejudice. I've used Garchomp and Scizor, but also Blissey and Delcatty. I welcome Fairy types, now Dragon is not overpowered. (That does take away Dragon's powerful, pseudo-legendary feel.)

Will Fairy finally balance out poison? Poison has been the pits since Gen II when they took away it's advantage against Bug and we got Steel, which is immune to Poison moves.

I believe that Dragons are OP as I've stated many times. Yes I'm a fan of Dragons, sue me! I do however recognize the more pressing concern we have in Steel types being weakened. From the sound of things Steel will be SE against Fairy, thus making Steel either SE against 3 types, resistant to 11, and immune to 1. If Fairy is also ineffective against Steel this will be 3 SEs, 11-12 Rs, and 1-2 Is. This is a bigger problem than Dragons. I don't have anything against Steel types, I just recognize them as the more pressing concern.
    THE BAD THING about steel types is basically speed and sometimes attack... trick room as its disadvantages

If somehow Fairy-type can become strong against Steel (and I don't even care the reason for it) it will help a bit... but I doubt it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    If somehow Fairy-type can become strong against Steel (and I don't even care the reason for it) it will help a bit... but I doubt it happening.
    The rumour that has been right so far.. says that fairy is weak to steel.

Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    I doubt it too... why on earth would steel be supereffective aganst fairy? I thing bug is more suitable

I still think "Light" would have made so much more sense as the new type and worked a lot better. I'm sorry but Fairy just does sound kinda dumb, and it doesn't really fit the majority of pokemon they're already shoe horning it onto. It's a very limiting type. Light had much more potential, and I don't think it would have upset nearly as many people.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    It's egg group? That's all I have as it really doesn't make a lot of sense either.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    I still think "Light" would have made so much more sense as the new type and worked a lot better. I'm sorry but Fairy just does sound kinda dumb, and it doesn't really fit the majority of pokemon they're already shoe horning it onto. It's a very limiting type. Light had much more potential, and I don't think it would have upset nearly as many people.
    totally AGREE! Although that there is an egg group called fairy already... and light could be the oppose of dark like ghost and psychic

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    totally AGREE! Although that there is an egg group called fairy already... and light could be the oppose of dark like ghost and psychic
    Dark is called the "Evil-type" in Japanese, so the Fighting type ("Hero-type" in Japanese) would be its counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    The rumour that has been right so far.. says that fairy is weak to steel.

Heh.
    And that's the biggest technical problem with fairies. Not that they are strong against the Dragon type (though that irritates me greatly) but that they are likely to be weak to a type that currently resists or is immune to 12 out of 17 types.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    I completely agree with this. In fact I could even see Light making sense beating Dragon (also Dark and/or Ghost), being beaten by Poison and Dark, and dealing standard damage to Steel. Fairy simply does not make sense beating Dragon.
    Last edited by Ib4; 13th June 2013 at 12:32 AM.

And that's the biggest technical problem with fairies. Not that they are strong against the Dragon type (though that irritates me greatly) but that they are likely to be weak to a type that currently resists or is immune to 12 out of 17 types.
    Hey, I am more than happy with my Aggron getting a boost.
    But the steel type is a defensive type, having something new to be super effective against won't cause a massive impact. Well, it probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    I doubt it too... why on earth would steel be supereffective aganst fairy? I thing bug is more suitable
    Yes, I don't understand... It's like... Psychic against Poison. Why is Psychic supereffective against Poison?

Page 13 of 350 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast