Page 139 of 350 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I love Water types the most but I've never actually trained a Marill before (shocking I know) I more then likely will do this gen at some point.

But yes I did mean the new ones. Does anyone know why Marill is confirmed to be in the Kalos dex? It's on the main page but I don't remember why it is.
    Its in artwork of the region walking with a trainer.

All the gender stereotyping in this thread gives me a headache.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    All the gender stereotyping in this thread gives me a headache.
    Very true.
    Its annoying how people can be acting so gender stereotypical with Pokemon designs. Lets just add that GF is low on ideas after about 640 Pokemon already.

ACNL Dream Address: 7600-3663-4358
    Don't hesitate to visit!

Does it really matter if Fairy is considered 'girly' or not?

I personally applaud the fact that they kept it as 'Fairy'. There's nothing wrong with it.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

anyone else think poison will be supereffective against fairy?
    Friend Code: 2750-1403-6302
    Espurr, Abra and Xatu
    Please PM me if you add me

LF:
    I am looking for 4/5 IV
    Froakie or Frogadier, Protean, Timid
    Anything else you want to offer.
    FT:
    I have tonnes of 3/4/5 IV
    Torchic, Speed Boost, Jolly
    Bulbasaur, Chloropyll or Overgrow, Timid
    Honedge, No Guard, Brave

PM if interest

Pokedex: COMPLETE

<3 Flygon, Lucario, Greninja <3

Does it really matter if Fairy is considered 'girly' or not?

I personally applaud the fact that they kept it as 'Fairy'. There's nothing wrong with it.
    But, ditto24, it's so girly and like totally gaaaayyyy

this is a bad thing because reasons

I love how people say gamefreak are low on ideas despite some of the cool designs such as pangoro and talonflame and we have got some new interesting typings such as dark/psychic and steel/ghost. I also love how any new pokemon based on animals, people say it is boring and unoriginal, but any new pokemon with a unique design is considered weird looking and gamefreak must be low on ideas, despite the fact that early on when gen 6 was revealed people actually said they would like to see some designs that are not based on animals, oh well. The fact is gamefreak can never win. Because xerneas is a fairy type, than it means that not all fairy type pokemon are going to look like cute little pink pokemon, and most of the fairy types so far look like basic first stage pokemon so we still haven't seen what there final evolutions look like, people bashed fletchling and pancham when they were first unveiled, but look at their evolutions. They may end up looking pretty cool so I will reserve judgement until I see what they evolve into.

Hmmm...I think fairy types summon the energy of a specific element...for example,the energy of the ground[the move Geomancy],or the air[Fairy wind].The other types use moves that involve the said elements.Ground type moves involve actual ground,or soil.

So,the Fairy types are more like a prism...they summon the energy of their surroundings to generate an attack.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 14th July 2013 at 1:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire7 View Post
    I love how people say gamefreak are low on ideas despite some of the cool designs such as pangoro and talonflame and we have got some new interesting typings such as dark/psychic and steel/ghost. I also love how any new pokemon based on animals, people say it is boring and unoriginal, but any new pokemon with a unique design is considered weird looking and gamefreak must be low on ideas, despite the fact that early on when gen 6 was revealed people actually said they would like to see some designs that are not based on animals, oh well. The fact is gamefreak can never win. Because xerneas is a fairy type, than it means that not all fairy type pokemon are going to look like cute little pink pokemon, and most of the fairy types so far look like basic first stage pokemon so we still haven't seen what there final evolutions look like, people bashed fletchling and pancham when they were first unveiled, but look at their evolutions. They may end up looking pretty cool so I will reserve judgement until I see what they evolve into.

BUT NUU~ GF IS OUT OF IDEAS~

Look at this horrible unoriginal blob!

CLEARLY THEY CAN'T MAKE A REAL POKEMON

/lazy complainers out there/

Fairy as a prism.. I like that idea.

The ground example you gave (geomancy) seems too close to say ancient power? but the idea is sound as can be.

Harnessing the 'will' of the other types but not the actual brute of them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Black FC= 0305 1181 5627
    3DS FC = 0103 9951 6690

Quote Originally Posted by Harry12 View Post
    anyone else think poison will be supereffective against fairy?
    Yes, and I hope it's true. Poison needs another type advantage badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Hmmm...I think fairy types summon the energy of a specific element...for example,the energy of the ground[the move Geomancy],or the air[Fairy wind].The other types use moves that involve the said elements.Ground type moves involve actual ground,or soil.

So,the Fairy types are more like a prism...they use the energy of their surroundings to generate an attack.
    Oh hey that's not a bad observation:
    Geomancy - From earth
    Fairy Wind - from air
    Moonblast - from moonlight
    Draining Kiss - from opponent's life force
    Belch - from berry

of course it could all just be coincidence, but still. Would be neat if intentional

Quote Originally Posted by Redphienix View Post
    Fairy as a prism.. I like that idea.

The ground example you gave (geomancy) seems too close to say ancient power? but the idea is sound as can be.

Harnessing the 'will' of the other types but not the actual brute of them.
    Ancient power should be retyped to Fairy.

Oh,and it's interesting how Xerneas represents life and Yveltal death.It would make sense for the whole Fairy type group to represent life as its powers come from nature.Basically,they use the "life force".

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

Lol, yeah, just like Fighting types are too manly.

Seriously folks, training a Fighting type didn't suddenly make you want to become body builders, so training a Fairy type isn't gonna make you suddenly crave c***.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Seriously folks, training a Fighting type didn't suddenly make you want to become body builders, so training a Fairy type isn't gonna make you suddenly crave c***.
    This pretty much haha.

It's about as relevant as saying rainbows are for girls only. I would have though in 2013 we'd be over all this sexists talk. Need I remind people that Tinker Bell isn't the only fairy around?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Guys, you're all missing the point here.

Pokemon has always had a reputation as being a serious game, one with an incorruptible stigma, an aura, if you will, of being intended for the hardcore and the mature.

Are none of you concerned about how the addition of the Fairy-type, which literally everyone on Earth is surely aware of, will inevitably cause Pokemon to be viewed as nothing more than a game for children?

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Pokemon has always had a reputation as being a serious game, one with an incorruptible stigma, an aura, if you will, of being intended for the hardcore and the mature.

Are none of you concerned about how the addition of the Fairy-type, which literally everyone on Earth is surely aware of, will inevitably cause Pokemon to be viewed as nothing more than a game for children?
    I thought it was already viewed as such.

It was always a child game. Ash has been 10 for when I was a new born. It has been 16 years already, if it was meant to be serious, Ash would be tutoring a new player.

Pokemon has always been viewed as a game for children since Pokemon Red/Blue.

"It's a kid's game. It's a kid's game. IT'S A KID'S GAME!!!"
    Been hearing that since 1998.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

He's being sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

I see what you did there.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Flabebe and Xerneas are my favorite fairy-types.
    I think the reason some people want Geomancy to be ground-typed is because it has the prefix Geo in it.
    Last edited by Ivoright; 14th July 2013 at 2:24 AM.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

wow...well if that didnt press my buttons i dont know what has..
    fairy type isnt "gaaaaaay." by definition that doesnt makes sense, and by assumption, i would figure you have insecurities about your own sexuality. noone should feel any less bad *** because of the concept of a pokemon. and since when is girly bad? what? because pokemon is for boys? no im sorry but if thats the case then you should have been saying these things about certain pokemon since the beginning of the franchise. also if it were called a magic type, i guarantee nobody would be b**ching as much. seriously people whats wrong with targeting a different demographic. shoot, pokemon has been trying to get more of a girl audience and a perfect example of that is when they released the Shiny collection tcg boosters. all those cards are super girly. nothings wrong with that. if you have a problem with thatdont use fairy pokemon. the same way boys didnt buy the shiny collection tcg. like seriously does it really bother you that much to battle a pokemon that you have no respect for? like really?

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    wow...well if that didnt press my buttons i dont know what has..
    fairy type isnt "gaaaaaay." by definition that doesnt makes sense, and by assumption, i would figure you have insecurities about your own sexuality. noone should feel any less bad *** because of the concept of a pokemon. and since when is girly bad? what? because pokemon is for boys? no im sorry but if thats the case then you should have been saying these things about certain pokemon since the beginning of the franchise. also if it were called a magic type, i guarantee nobody would be b**ching as much. seriously people whats wrong with targeting a different demographic. shoot, pokemon has been trying to get more of a girl audience and a perfect example of that is when they released the Shiny collection tcg boosters. all those cards are super girly. nothings wrong with that. if you have a problem with thatdont use fairy pokemon. the same way boys didnt buy the shiny collection tcg. like seriously does it really bother you that much to battle a pokemon that you have no respect for? like really?
    He was being sarcastic...
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

yeah wow i thought this was done with my post along time ago it being girly >.> but anyway i pretty sure its hard to read jokes on the internet think this fairy is gay/girly needs to stop though even if its joking or not, i think we need a better disccusion about its move pool or what new moves will be announced. I think fairy type is a good addition to the types we need a another type to make it a bit more intreasting really.

master league fairy gym leader
    TEF Guild~TEF Spreedsheet~ TEF Tournaments~TEF Xat~5th gen rngs ~4th gen rng ~ RNG events~ Yugioh Club
    Black wfc: 4298-2266-7507~White 2 wfc:4513-8374-0005~Y/3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008~ PS Name: FairyWitch824

Page 139 of 350 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast