Page 14 of 350 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

One things for sure: the addition of Fairy type certainly isn't gonna help Pokemon's "cool credibility." Lol.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

I like the idea of Fairy Types. I'm pretty sure Fairy's are more centered around Fairytale like creatures. Sorta like how Gardevoir is now a Fairy Type, which makes sense because Gardevoir is partially based on elves and guardian angels.

I don't quite follow Jigglypuff and Maril being Fairy Types other then their egg group though.

Fairy Types are also a welcome change because it knocks Dragon Types down a peg. (In other words, Dragon Types are no longer gods!)

Either way, Fairy Types have a lot of potential!

50 Pixie Points

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    I doubt it too... why on earth would steel be supereffective aganst fairy? I thing bug is more suitable
    Because in folklore cold-iron was toxic to the Fey/Fairies...

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    Yes, I don't understand... It's like... Psychic against Poison. Why is Psychic supereffective against Poison?
    I think that's because it can purify poison or something with the power of mind lol... :/

Pokémon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    I doubt it too... why on earth would steel be supereffective aganst fairy? I thing bug is more suitable
    Because all fairies hate iron and can be killed be iron or so goes their legends anyway. Makes sense for Steel to be super effective against Fairy ^_^

The thing is that right now, there's no reason to use Steel moves for anything other then STAB, due to them being super effective only against types that have weaknesses to other types that have far better coverage.

Assuming Fairy types end up being prevalent enough, it might actually warrant having Steel moves on a Pokemon solely for the sake of dealing with them, especially if they end up being outright immune to Dragon moves like that rumor was saying.

Which I'm really hoping isn't the case, because it wouldn't make any sense to me at all compared to the other immunities.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 12th June 2013 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by memond View Post
    I like the idea of Fairy Types. I'm pretty sure Fairy's are more centered around Fairytale like creatures. Sorta like how Gardevoir is now a Fairy Type, which makes sense because Gardevoir is partially based on elves and guardian angels.

I don't quite follow Jigglypuff and Maril being Fairy Types other then their egg group though.

Fairy Types are also a welcome change because it knocks Dragon Types down a peg. (In other words, Dragon Types are no longer gods!)

Either way, Fairy Types have a lot of potential!
    I LOVE the gardevoir idea... I just think that it is too late... thay are forgeting a lot about hoenn and now they are even interfering with types of pokemon... I wonder how would the fairy type be presented in anime and manga... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Hey, I am more than happy with my Aggron getting a boost.
    But the steel type is a defensive type, having something new to be super effective against won't cause a massive impact. Well, it probably won't.
    It may not be an offensive type in general but the likes of Aggron and Bisharp will certainly make use of a new type to pound. The point is that Steel does NOT need anything else thrown its way, minor or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdoom View Post
    Because all fairies hate iron and can be killed be iron or so goes their legends anyway. Makes sense for Steel to be super effective against Fairy ^_^
    ok then ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    One things for sure: the addition of Fairy type certainly isn't gonna help Pokemon's "cool credibility." Lol.
    Advice from an adult pokemon player: once you're out of school, nobody cares, and there are lots of college age folks that LOVE it, and don't really care. This holds true.

People who care about something so superficial as fairy type aren't worth bothering about. People claimed the same "You're ruining it for cool people" when Mists of Pandaria came out for WoW, but it certainly didn't kill the game (though WoW has been slowly petering out on it's own for other reasons.)

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    Advice from an adult pokemon player: once you're out of school, nobody cares, and there are lots of college age folks that LOVE it, and don't really care. This holds true.

People who care about something so superficial as fairy type aren't worth bothering about. People claimed the same "You're ruining it for cool people" when Mists of Pandaria came out for WoW, but it certainly didn't kill the game (though WoW has been slowly petering out on it's own for other reasons.)
    Oh I don't care, and I am in college! Just stating that Fairy type isn't gonna help the series escape that "it's kiddie" stereotype a lot of people have.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :

Wanted
    :

Oh I don't care, and I am in college! Just stating that Fairy type isn't gonna help the series escape that "it's kiddie" stereotype a lot of people have.
    The same people that play farmville and other idiotic facebook games and spam u with notifications??!! -__-. At least i play a game that make use of your brain....
    3883-6008-7187

So, how is the chart type going to look now?
    Last edited by D!3g0; 12th June 2013 at 11:46 PM.

Not worth caring about those people, IMO. And definitely not worth caring about them from a financial standpoint for Game Freak.

As I've grown older I've wanted a darker and deeper storyline more and more. I love the Pokémon premise, but they just have too many younger players to support anything other than the light, childish story and gameplay. But come on Nintendo & Gamefreak, did they really have to add something as ridiculous as Fairy? I just hope the new type addition won't extend to many new Pokémon, because if they all resemble the ones we've seen I won't be able to make use of them without wanting to make them faint on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    As I've grown older I've wanted a darker and deeper storyline more and more. I love the Pokémon premise, but they just have too many younger players to support anything other than the light, childish story and gameplay. But come on Nintendo & Gamefreak, did they really have to add something as ridiculous as Fairy? I just hope the new type addition won't extend to many new Pokémon, because if they all resemble the ones we've seen I won't be able to make use of them without wanting to make them faint on purpose.

I think we'll start seeing more diverse fairies to match the dark, "edgy" fairies we see in mythology, like banshees, kelpies (Ooh, a pretty water-horse that drags you to your death and eats your drowned corpse), and the like. Complaining about fairy types being feminine is pretty much like complaining that there are next-to-no feminine fighting types. (Virizion, Mienshao, Meloetta...)

I'm hoping pokemon like Misdreavus get retyped. Yokai and fairies are far from only feminine.

If you want darker and deeper, there's Monster Hunter to go play. Pokemon has found it's niche (and a very lucrative niche it is), and I doubt you'll ever see it change much.

I ok with fairy types(despite their less than impressive type name) as long as they are useful and can balance out the wifi battling world somehow and if they make a fairy type this gen that isn't a girly stereotype so that it will seem less cheesy to have a pokemon who is a fairy type.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    They've had "cutesy" Pokémon since the beginning, and it's not like the new type will be a major plot focus anyways.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

I think we'll start seeing more diverse fairies to match the dark, "edgy" fairies we see in mythology, like banshees, kelpies (Ooh, a pretty water-horse that drags you to your death and eats your drowned corpse), and the like. Complaining about fairy types being feminine is pretty much like complaining that there are next-to-no feminine fighting types. (Virizion, Mienshao, Meloetta...)

I'm hoping pokemon like Misdreavus get retyped. Yokai and fairies are far from only feminine.

If you want darker and deeper, there's Monster Hunter to go play. Pokemon has found it's niche (and a very lucrative niche it is), and I doubt you'll ever see it change much.
    Isn't Keldeo a Kelpie?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I'm starting to like the new type and I'm hoping that it's useful competitively.

What are you even talking about?
    e

Finally, a type for Sylveon is revealed, and it fits. The Clefairy line should be Fairy-type as well, because it has "Fairy" in it's name! And I don't want it to be weak to Dark because Dark has only 2 weaknesses.
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

Since we have magical fairy type now, I think we can have a new move called "Polymorph". This can turn a insanely powerful pokemon such as a salamence or a dragonite into a weak magikarp or ratatata (depending on the egg group of the pokemon) for three to two turn. This move have no effect on weak pokemon that have a stat base of less than 500. So weak pokemon with low stat base do have some advantage over strong pokemon.

If anyone played Warcraft in the past or read the fairytale "the frog prince" will get what I meant. It is like a Sorcerer turning a human into a sheep or a frog. The only way to remedy this status change is to switchout or risk getting pwned in one move due to their weak stat as a magikarp.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Isn't Keldeo a Kelpie?
    I'd call it more of a kirin - it doesn't fit the mythology of Kelpie other than being a water horse. Kelpies are dangerous creatures that rely on deception and beauty to attract their prey. Keldeo is a cute little lost pony that happens to be a water type. Kelpies don't have horns, either.

I'd call it more of a kirin - it doesn't fit the mythology of Kelpie other than being a water horse. Kelpies are dangerous creatures that rely on deception and beauty to attract their prey. Keldeo is a cute little lost pony that happens to be a water type. Kelpies don't have horns, either.
    no but it was based on one lol there not gunna create an evil looking water horse that drags you to a watery death if you ride it lol

Scizor priority bullet punch and Metagross's stat boosting meteor mash is already powerful enough. I rather have grass, bug and poison type strong against fairy type to balance everything out as fairy tend to have something more to do with nature.

Page 14 of 350 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast