Page 250 of 350 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It doesn't change the fact that Poison and Steel are still awful types offensively, and that most Pokemon have far better coverage options available to them.

I imagine that only Pokemon that in danger of being walled by Fairy types will consider using either.
    Yes but it was better than before where they got absolutely nothing. Both types are still good defensively, it just makes them a little more usable, especially now they can hit for super-effective damage on what's going to be a very high-powered type.
    {Insert signature here}

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Depends on what moves most Fairy types can have- if they get like, Earth Power... which seems kinda likely... then Heatran go'n down. Xerneas will surely get it, so nothing for it too fear.

A Poison/Steel type on the other hand... THAT would be a Fairy killer!
    You just said Heatran wouldn't if Faiys get Earth Power, Poison/Steel would be the same :P

Fairy as a type is good, we'll just see how the stats go. Remember guys, Dragon was considered OP coz they had stats to back it up. I don't see all the Fairys revealed so far all having 535+ BST somehow. Some Pokemon drop every gen and others rise in the metagame....nothing new is happening here, calm down a bit
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

I noticed in the corner of the page with the fossil Pokémon, a small section showing pics Flabébé with a few different flowers. Has translation been done for the text surrounding those pics?
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Let's have a look and see if we can argue each of these typing advantages/disadvantages into sense.

Beats Fighting, Dark and Dragon - Fairies can be thought to use magical powers. Magic is often thought to be able to overcome brute force and sneaky/dirty tricks (the point of Dark types), whole faeries used to overcome dragons has some basis in legends.

Not effective on Fire, Poison or Steel - I can't say I have a good one for fire rn, but the others makes sense. Fairies often have strong ties to nature and myths. What's bad for the natural world? Poison sure is! And steel - I suppose one could argue that manmade, artificial things can hurt fairies.

Resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. It is immune to Dragon. - See above for the first two, although it being fully immune to Dragon is a surprise. Bugs - well, they also have a tie to nature - I suppose one could say that Fairies just know how to deal with them and heal up against a common foe.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I think the balance will come in how they won't be uncommon anymore...that's why they had Poison and Steel strong on it- to increase their usage...
    Yes, yes, this will surely increase their usage and good for poison and steel! I'm not saying it shouldn't be weak to those types.
    What I'm saying is that it needs another, more common weakness as well. Now it only forces pokemon who wouldn't otherwise need steel or poison moves to carry them only to counter one type - fairy. Doesn't exactly sound balanced to me.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    I was hoping Ice would get a boost. Oh well. There's always next Generation...
    Next generation never comes for Ice type Pokemon. They've been waiting 5 generations for something good to happen to them, now they're waiting for another.

Well it looks like I better keep my Scrafty away from any Fairies. Guess I'm more inclined now to get Squirtle in Pokemon XY, have it learn Flash Cannon as a Blastoise (if it's still in its movepool) and go to town on those fairies with Mega Blastoise (Although type-wise, Bulbasaur would be better but I've been trying to find more reasons to get Squirtle lol).

It's nice to see that Poison and Steel have something else to have an advantage against, I just wonder how the fairy pokemon will fare in terms of stats. Will some of them take advantage of their typing or will it also depend on stats and how well they can balance the game with that. Nice to finally know the type chart though.

So type chart confirmed or...?
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    You just said Heatran wouldn't if Faiys get Earth Power, Poison/Steel would be the same :P

Fairy as a type is good, we'll just see how the stats go. Remember guys, Dragon was considered OP coz they had stats to back it up. I don't see all the Fairys revealed so far all having 535+ BST somehow. Some Pokemon drop every gen and others rise in the metagame....nothing new is happening here, calm down a bit
    This is the first time a new type has been introduced since gen 2, and it's causing change on a far, far larger scale then any of the previous gens have had, due to the sheer number of Pokemon in existence now.

It's only natural that people are going to get upset about it, especially the fans of Dark and Dragon types.

What are people talking about Hydreigon got shafted, Sure it will be useless against fairy types but Steel no longer resists Dark! Metagross, Bronzong and Jirachi now get destroyed by dark type attacks plus Dark can now hit a lot more things in competitive play. If you are smart enough to not leave it out against a fairy type, it pretty much hits everything else hard! Seriously just because a pokemon is weak to one type, it doesn't automatically mean its a bad pokemon, if anything I thing dark got a boost. So what if its weak against fairy? Would you leave a fire type out against a water type?

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    So type chart confirmed or...?
    Heart-breakingly, yes, it seems so.

Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    Heart-breakingly, yes, it seems so.
    So steel doesn't resist itself?

._.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Steel is the second from bottom type on the type resistances chart on corocoro. If you look closely steel does resist itself.

._.
    Steel does, it says on Bulbapedia and Serebii.

Honedge is getting shafted too do not forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post

Oh duh, I slipped up there! Caught me out Ditto dude

... Bug/Steel type- Oh God- more Scizor domination!

I don' think Fairy is OP myself, I just wish Grass had got something off the back of this... I don't quite get why Fire needed another resistance? That puzzles me? Ice could have done with resisting Water now... that would have helped it... or Fairy- I would habe had no problem Ice resisting Fairy... Oh goodness, I'm a little worred now.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

._.
    On the serebii.net Facebook page the man himself said that he 'somehow' missed Steel resisting Steel, so it should all be fine!
    {Insert signature here}

I hope Pikachu is part Fairy.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Honedge gets shadow sneak and I suspect it has High attack. It will be out of luck against dark types, However Gengar will be in for a nasty surprise.

Hm their is one small hope, unlike previous generations this game has the abilty to be patched, If this type chart going to ruin the meta game as you all claim then maybe they can fix it, or muck it up worse.

Finally a reason to use Flash Cannon and Poison Jab again

Fairy fits in pretty well I'd say, but sadly my beloved Hydreigon is useless against those Pinkums

and if Fairy was super effective Dark, they why in the Fairy trailer did Gardevoirs Fairy wind no One Hit KO Hydreigon?

Pikachu is not part fairy http://www.serebii.net/xy/pics.shtml. Look carefully at the third picture in the third row down under the images for september the 4th 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by red2000 View Post
    Finally a reason to use Flash Cannon and Poison Jab again

Fairy fits in pretty well I'd say, but sadly my beloved Hydreigon is useless against those Pinkums

and if Fairy was super effective Dark, they why in the Fairy trailer did Gardevoirs Fairy wind no One Hit KO Hydreigon?
    It probably has very low base damage. Plus I'm not sure the two pokemon were equal level-wise?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire7 View Post
    Steel is the second from bottom type on the type resistances chart on corocoro. If you look closely steel does resist itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by freezer1 View Post
    Steel does, it says on Bulbapedia and Serebii.

Honedge is getting shafted too do not forget.
    The below quote answers my question. I derped and thought they were talking about the ORIGINAL type chart...

Quote Originally Posted by pokeaussie37 View Post
    On the serebii.net Facebook page the man himself said that he 'somehow' missed Steel resisting Steel, so it should all be fine!
    Derp derp, I thought this applied to the whole thing being fake.
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire7 View Post
    What are people talking about Hydreigon got shafted, Sure it will be useless against fairy types but Steel no longer resists Dark! Metagross, Bronzong and Jirachi now get destroyed by dark type attacks plus Dark can now hit a lot more things in competitive play. If you are smart enough to not leave it out against a fairy type, it pretty much hits everything else hard! Seriously just because a pokemon is weak to one type, it doesn't automatically mean its a bad pokemon, if anything I thing dark got a boost. So what if its weak against fairy? Would you leave a fire type out against a water type?
    Doesn't change the fact that it was arguably the worst out of all the pseudo legendary dragons due to its speed and lack of stat boosting moves, and is now being hit the hardest by the introduction of the Fairy type on top of that.

I can only hope they decide to give it Nasty Plot or a mega evolution...

Ice really needed some love... And the buff to fire makes me a bit displeased but whatever.

And I always thought that steel's resistances to ghost and dark didn't make sense; it's nice to see that rectified.
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire:

3DS Friend Code: 0946 2360 9613

Page 250 of 350 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300 ... LastLast