Page 252 of 350 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

This is a very long post. Without bias, I have done some analysis into how the possible consequences and repercussions this new type chart is going to affect the game. It is quite interesting to look at how each type is going to be affected by this change. some will change for the better, and others will change for the worst. I have done my own type evaluation and conclusion with how Fairy and these new type interactions are going to affect all the other types, and both the game and competitive metagame as a whole.
    It is clear that with Fairy, many people are going to be required to carry a Poison or Steel Pokemon in their party. That is clear enough to say, as their type moves are not distributed as well as others. So! Here goes....

Types that have gained from from the new type chart
    Ground We'll be seeing a lot more of them, especially as Poison and Steel are both super-effective against Fairy. Well be seeing more of Fire with a new resistance, so this is more good news for the type. Heatran will be running riot anyway so he needs to be in check. More Poison-, Fire-, and Steel-Pokemon? Earthquake will become even more prominent than it already is. Ground-types are going to have a field day!
    Poison Obviously. Just watch out for those Earthquakes, and they'll be fine.
    Ghost Should I use a Dark-type Pokemon, should I use a Ghost-type Pokemon, that is the question. Well, the answer is now you use a Ghost-type Pokemon because Dark has been shafted, receiving one weakness, and being resisted by another type, whereas Ghost has lost nothing. They're the same in the offensive department, so why would you pick a Pokemon with three weaknesses and three resists when you can pick a Pokemon with the same capabilities with only two weaknesses and two resists. And two immunities compared to the one for Dark!
    Water Escaped the resistance from Ice this generation. Fire types probably will become further prominent anyway. Dragons won't be so rife so they'll be free to use their STABs at will. And as I said, Ground is gaining a huge boon here with this introduction of Fairy, so Water will come in use here.
    Fire that resistance will sure come in handy.

Types that have lost from the new type chart
    Fighting Its weakness to Fairy may be cancelled out by the likely commonness of Steel this generation, but we'll see. However, fighting is resisted by Poison.... Either way, I think that despite Fairy's introduction, Fighting is here to stay. With 5 strengths, it will always remain a force to be reckoned with.
    Dragon HUGELY. I doubt it needs explaining.
    Bug With almost every single type resisting Bug gaining significantly with this new type chart (that's Fairy, Poison, Steel, Fire, Ghost) and Dark falling into the shadows,Bug seriously has its work cut out to keep its head above the water this generation. That, and the number of types resisting it increasing to 7. Not good news for Bug.
    Dark They seriously blew it here. Dark is now inferior, Ghost is now superior. See Ghost.
    Ice Ice, oh Ice, what did you do to deserve such ill treatment by GF? Fairy has stolen your limelight! Ice's saving grace was that it was SE on Dragon, but why would use a Pokemon to slay Dragons that isn't even resistant to them when you can use one that is immune to Dragons!? And Steel- and Fire- types will be running riot everywhere thanks to Fairy, so poor Ice will be absolutely destroyed. It has gained absolutely nothing positive from this type chart. Looks like its further down in that huge chasm for you Ice, along with Dark, where it seems you belong according to GF. Well done GameFreak.
    Grass Grass was hoping for a resistance against Fairy too, but that never materialised. Now it has to worry about these Poison- and Fire-types running around everywhere.

Steel is a mixed bag. It gains an effectiveness, but loses two resistances. This is especially bad news for Steel/Psychic and Steel/Ghost Pokemon. Steel has the advantage over Poison against Fairy as Steel has more resistances and Steel is immune to Poison anyway. However, Fire and Ground-types are going to start popping up everywhere. I don't know what to think about the Steel-type in this new type chart. It could gain, it could lose, we will see.

Conclusion
    Lots of types have gained and lots of others have lost out. I admire their resolve in altering the chart, it was a big step, but in repairing some type interactions, they threw others into pandemonium. I think this new type chart is going to send us all into new chaos rather than into repairing the type chart. They could have played the Dark-Ghost relationship better and taken greater care with it. Earthquake will be spammed more than ever. And finally, by Gen VII, people will be mistaking Ice for a new type, before being reminded it actually existed in generations gone by.
    Last edited by freezer1; 11th September 2013 at 4:44 PM.

Does anyone a clear photo (I actually can't even find it in the scans) of Flabebe with a new flower.

EDIT: I think Fairy should have been SE against Ghost and only resisted Dark. Also poor Ice, the two elemental extremes resisting Fairy would've been a nice balance. I expect, and hope Ice types this Gen are all duel types, mainly to get them neutral toward Fighting, Steel and/or Fire (but no Water/Ice as we have enough)
    Last edited by applemania; 11th September 2013 at 4:52 PM.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/29w0sad.jpg[/IMG]
    Hopes for Megas

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2u4iudy.jpg[/IMG]

I'm not complaining buuuuuuuuut where did that bug resistance come from? o.o Out of all things that was the least expected for me. But oh well, other than feeling a little bad for dark types i'm really loving fairy types resistances and strengths ^.^ My wittle dedenne is going to be nuzzling dragons to death >;D
    ~Credit to:Sworn Metalhead(banner)andAstralShadow(button)~

I am a bit dissapointed that we got no new Fairy Type Pokemon but i still love Fairy Types we have so far

Quote Originally Posted by StarkElf View Post
    I'm really hoping to see a Fairy/Psychic type.
    We have one. Gardevoir is now Psychic/Fairy.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Heatran is the perfect counter for fairy types, but there could a fairy type with a ground move, which would be a great counter against Heatran. I hope there is one with decent stats so I can but it on my team.
    The Power of the Imagination Shall Prevail!

I started an Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire blog, please visit it

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Blog

Hey, you should check out the app I made. It's for Android devices only.
    Dodge the Blocks

So now there's no almost invincible pokemon (dark/ghost, levitate bronzong (which gets it bad being weak to dark and ghost now), dragon/water, bug/steel, grass/steel) Maybe some new type combos will be like this...i'll go think about it.

edit:eelectross still gets no weaknesses.

edit:fairies will have a feast on dragons.
    Last edited by magma grunt edu; 11th September 2013 at 5:13 PM.
    Smash bros for the 3ds will be my life.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

I'm pretty bummed about Steel losing resistances.

That means Jirachi, Metagross and Bronzong all have two new weaknesses. ;_;

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Leggs View Post
    I'm pretty bummed about Steel losing resistances.

That means Jirachi, Metagross and Bronzong all have two new weaknesses. ;_;
    But they are Super Effective against Steel. AND they resists Fairy. That's still very good. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

I'm not sure why Fairy had to be immune to Dragon, I get that Dragon types are overpowered "somehow" because they didn't have enough weaknesses, but Dragon is only super effective against dragon, I honestly fail to see the point in fairy types straight up being immune to dragon, as it kind of cancels out the dragon's strength which makes it the worst offensive type in the game, sure it still is neutral against a lot of things, but meh so is a whole bunch of other types.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I really don't see the need for the Bug resistance. It wasn't too great in the offensive department as it was, and another type resisting it certainly won't do it any good. I never liked the thought of Fairy being super effective on Dark, but I can live with it I suppose. It doesn't really lose anything offensively at least.

Very happy with the Fighting resistance and Dragon immunity for Fairy, though. I was hoping that would happen because it's so many Pokemon carry Fighting type moves it's a pain only having two types resisting them. It's going to be so much easier to switch into those Outrages now too. Gardevoir is going to be a lot more usable now.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I'm not sure why Fairy had to be immune to Dragon, I get that Dragon types are overpowered "somehow" because they didn't have enough weaknesses, but Dragon is only super effective against dragon, I honestly fail to see the point in fairy types straight up being immune to dragon, as it kind of cancels out the dragon's strength which makes it the worst offensive type in the game, sure it still is neutral against a lot of things, but meh so is a whole bunch of other types.
    The only thing that resists Dragon is Steel, though. It's practically impossible to safely switch in on a Dragon using Outrage because nothing resists it, and even with a resistance it's still going to leave a dent. Dragon won't really lose much considering it hits 15 types neutrally, and most of them learn a wide range of moves so they're not going to have trouble damaging Fairies.
    Last edited by Valoo.; 11th September 2013 at 5:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Me too Grass gets nothing! Not even a resistance

Bug is lucky though, so is Fire- I don't get the Fire resistance at all :S why? It has plenty already anyway... Grass should have got it....

Dark will be okay, now that Steel doesn't resist it anymore. Fairy's match-ups make a lot of sense to me lorewise, apart from Fire resisting it =L
    Fire can be used to ward off Fairies. Also, I totally saw Steel resisting Fairy coming. Steel no longer resisting Ghost and Dark make sense to me; a pragmatic fighter would use a weapon in a fist fight, so the relationship being neutral doesn't bother me. Spiritual/spectral/phantom-like beings can possess weapons(Honedge), so Steel resisting ghost made no sense to me; if anything, Ghost should resist steel(logically speaking).

I'm not fond of Fairy being SE on Dark, but it's not a big deal; Dark now is on the same field as Psychic. Ice needed a resistance(ground would have been nice), and grass could have used the resistance to rock. That said, the type chart changes do not discourage me from using a dark type; it actually makes me want to use them more now. I hate steel types and I dislike psychic types, and now I can use a dark type to be rid of them. Fairy resisting bug doesn't make much sense, but bug type moves are fairly common despite not being great offensively, but bug does resist both fighting AND ground(which is a great resistance). I'm still going to use a bug type(now I have a reason to bring along a Bug/Poison type.

The immunity to dragon will be funny to experience, and now Dragon dancers won't be so annoying in game. I'm definitely going with X, will have a Fairy type, and I'm diggin' Froakie.

Honestly i am so happy dragon and fighting got hit hard, these types were simply the two best types from gen 4 till now. i have no sympathy for anyone who is unhappy about their dragons or fighters being pegged down a notch because those types fully deserve it.

For dark, if it gained a weakness or is resisted by another type it would be ok, but both is a bit much. However, it is now on the same level as psychic so personally im not too concerned about it becoming useless. (though i can understand why dark fans are upset, since it is a big nerf.)

It resists fighting types and is SE against them? YES! What I was hoping for all this time! ;~;
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

eelectross still gets no weaknesses.
    Unless they make him part fairy o-o but that would be too silly. He doesn't even look like one o-o.....
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

Also, I think grass resisting Fairy would have been logical. Herbs/Plants were also used to ward off Fairies, and Fairies could not cross running water. Ice could have gained a resistance to ground(since they will be more prominent this would have been nice), and since ice is water, ice could resist Fairy. Need to protect your Fairy? Bring along a ground type. Your opponent sent out a ground type and is going to use Earthquake? Send in Abomasnow!

Ground is going to be even more rife with more Fire, Steel and Poison Pokemon knocking about. Prepare for the Earthquake spam, people!

Prepare for Earthquake spam by preparing your Chespins to sponge that damage!

hmm... doesn't that mean that charizard actually has more of an advantage now? {aside from stealth rock that is} This is pure speculation, but... it's get drought {in mega form}, flying type makes earthquake useless, and it hits Fairies hard. ... For some reason the "6-year old" in me is kinda happy Charizard got boosted here.

Banner made by Dahrue and StarStruck Studios

all copyright to: Astral Shadow

[IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/6ie0ww.jpg[/IMG]
    copyright to: Eeveelover

http://www.pokehunngry.com/ - seems legit enough, and he is just starting so give it a look if nothing else.

Maybe they'll nerf earthquake, or maybe this will be more balanced in doubles then singles.

I wonder why dark and ghost now do neutral to steel, but psychic is still resisted. Those three being resisted by steel never really made sense and it feels like a half job by GF. (maybe they still fear psychic from gen 1?)

Also ghost/fairy is resisted by only 3 type combos: normal/fire, normal/poison and normal/steel. Of which there is only 1 existing Pokemon of those types (litleo) so it could be a superb offensive type combo. Defensively it would have 3 immunities 1 resistance and 2 weaknesses (one of which is itself, ghost) so it's a fantastic defensive type aswell.

SOOOOOOOOOO hoping misdreavus/mismagius gain fairy now...

Steel types were always anoying to me but now i can use dark and ghost against them. yes! Fighting types got *****slaped and thrown of their throne. Good! Bug could go neutral on fairy, being weak against it kinda nerfs it more. Dark types got yet another weakness so there will be no dark walls anytime soon. And speaking of weakened, ice gets the bottom of the type barrel, being SE against dragon doesn't make up for it because they are so frail.
    Smash bros for the 3ds will be my life.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

Just realized Spiritomb and Sablye no longer have no weakness. :P
    Top five favorite pokemon from each generation:

Normal Type Gym trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5789-0631

Friend Safari Type: Poison; Seviper, Venomoth, and Toxicroak.

Ice is also SE against grass, ground and flying. Mamoswine, Weavile and Cloyster will still wreck faces, and they can do so easier in some ways. Weavile can now smash Steel/Psychic types. Mamoswine is a ground type, which will benefit Fairies(still a great dragon revenge killer). Cloyster has shell smash and skill link alongside that mean defense. I agree that bug didn't need the resistance. Overall, it's not that bad at all.

There's a reason to use Poison Jab/Sludgewave and Iron Tail/Flash cannon now.

Yeah, unless Ice gets some sort of boost, they're officially the Flareon of typings right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    The only thing that resists Dragon is Steel, though. It's practically impossible to safely switch in on a Dragon using Outrage because nothing resists it, and even with a resistance it's still going to leave a dent. Dragon won't really lose much considering it hits 15 types neutrally, and most of them learn a wide range of moves so they're not going to have trouble damaging Fairies.
    Pretty much, Outrage and Draco Meteor made switching into them a pain, now you have a change to stop their rampage and put them in their place.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Page 252 of 350 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302 ... LastLast