Page 272 of 350 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322 ... LastLast
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Assuming its defenses are decent, 252 HP and 252 Attack would be standard for it.
    I would rather boost its HP and DEF/SDEF to make it bulkier as even without any EV's in its ATK it will still have a stat of over 400

Assuming its defenses are decent, 252 HP and 252 Attack would be standard for it.
    Pretty much....and it really is delagated to only megastone. Seems like only Mega Mawile is useful.

What are ways that Hydriegon could defend itself from the fairys using its current moveset?
    About to do an X Scramble Challenge!!!
    Let me know if you would like to trade or battle!
    3DS Friend Code: 1779-0043-7163
    Name on 3DS: BT

I think making the Frozen status more prominent will help the usage of Ice-types if Ice-types are the only ones able to use the status inducing move. While the Frozen status is OP, Ice types are ridiculously weak, and a status move that has a chance to freeze opponents will definitely help Ice-types be used moreso than now.

To bring it back on topic, I think Swirlix and Spritzee will just have one evo each. They just seem like "those" kind of Pokemon, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    That has STAB included so without it does less.

252+ SpA Arcanine Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mawile: 308-366 (101.31 - 120.39%) -- guaranteed OHKO

with STAB
    Thanks for those stats.

So, unless a Steel/Fairy faces a STAB Fire or Ground move, it should be fine as long as it has more than 80 base stat in both its defenses and more than 60 base stat in HP.

I kind of doubt we're going to see defensive spreads being used for Mawile, considering how drastically Pure Power increases the value of any Attack EVs you give it, as well boosts from its nature.
    I know that.

Its just that i wanted to check if it got any better now.

Plus the main reason was to check whether the Steel/Fairy type combination would be as good as the Steel/Psychic type combination we had until the 5th gen.

Quote Originally Posted by crobatman View Post
    What are ways that Hydriegon could defend itself from the fairys using its current moveset?
    Flash Cannon, and that's pretty much it. Though it's a much better option then the horribly inaccurate Iron Tail, which is the only thing most other dragons can use.

I kind of hope it gets a decent Poison type option like Sludge Bomb this gen, though, as Azumarill could still mess it up because of its Steel resistance.

Depending on how fast/defensive most Fairy types end up being, they really might not be as problematic for it and the other dragons as some people think.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 13th September 2013 at 10:30 PM.

Add Flash Cannon to its set (it learns it) lol

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! You just had to bring it up. Hydreigon is in my top 5 favorites and it went from annihilator to annihilated. I can't think of a single thing that can save it.
    Y FC: 0361 7366 7010
    Safari Type is Rock: Corsola, Dwebble, Shuckle
    X FC: 2766 9122 1892
    Safari Type is Water: Octillery, Wartortle, Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by dragonphoenixlord View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! You just had to bring it up. Hydreigon is in my top 5 favorites and it went from annihilator to annihilated. I can't think of a single thing that can save it.
    They are proabaly going to release a berry that reduces fairy moves similar to Yache Berry for ice moves or wacan berry for electric moves. There's always focus sash i guess.

It's not doomed unless Fairy ends up becoming a common coverage type on non-Fairy type Pokemon. You could also just not use it against Fairy type Pokemon or blow them to smithereens with Flash Cannon if you predict a switch-in.

Plus for all we know, it might end up getting a Mega Evolution. If it got a speed increase from that, it would be god-like, because that's really the only thing holding it back.

They are proabaly going to release a berry that reduces fairy moves similar to Yache Berry for ice moves or wacan berry for electric moves. There's always focus sash i guess.
    It's not doomed unless Fairy ends up becoming a common coverage type on non-Fairy type Pokemon.

Plus for all we know, it might end up getting a Mega Evolution. If it got a speed increase from that, it would be god-like, because that's really the only thing holding it back.
    I guess you guys are right. I just hate to see one of my favorites get slashed like this. It was the first dark type that I liked too.

I find it weird that they still didn't re classify more old pokemon into fairy type. Maybe mawile, jigglypuff, marill and gardevoir are the only faires from older generation?

Not counting the 5th gen tutor moves, Flash Cannon is the only viable option considering that only singular Fairy types are in question.

In case of dual types, the options does increases.

But even then you should not consider using Grass type moves on any dual Fairy types since a lot of the dual types takes half or quarter damage from it.

Fighting, Bug & Dark moves should also be avoided since the number of dual Fairy types combination who take Neutral damage from those moves are a lot less.

I guess you guys are right. I just hate to see one of my favorites get slashed like this. It was the first dark type that I liked too.
    Hey I loved Metagross since Gen 3, and with every generation...it never got any better, but now the ghost and dark weakness was the nail in the coffin. It may no longer feel like the same pseudolegendary it was....but I'll still give him some love.

On the bright side, I'm going to have so much fun with Gengar in this gen

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    I find it weird that they still didn't re classify more old pokemon into fairy type. Maybe mawile, jigglypuff, marill and gardevoir are the only faires from older generation?
    I think they didn't want to go overboard, and since Fairy is so destructive to Dragons, they didn't want to overwhelm Dragon, Dark,, and Fighting fans with a huge population of Fairies that they need to fight lol

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    I think they didn't want to go overboard, and since Fairy is so destructive to Dragons, they didn't want to overwhelm Dragon, Dark,, and Fighting fans with a huge population of Fairies that they need to fight lol
    But what about Clefairy? It screams fairy to everyone. I will be very disappointed if she's not fairy

Quote Originally Posted by cmats4020 View Post
    I think making the Frozen status more prominent will help the usage of Ice-types if Ice-types are the only ones able to use the status inducing move. While the Frozen status is OP, Ice types are ridiculously weak, and a status move that has a chance to freeze opponents will definitely help Ice-types be used moreso than now.

To bring it back on topic, I think Swirlix and Spritzee will just have one evo each. They just seem like "those" kind of Pokemon, you know?
    I never got how Sleep was any less OP then Frozen. IMO it'd be the same thing, but more exclusive to Ice-type Pokemon.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Clefairy hasn't been announced yet. I have a hard time believing that won't happen. I think we'll get a few more re typings.
    -Formerly known as Banette-

Thanks to xxpoke_loverxx for the banner.

Hey I loved Metagross since Gen 3, and with every generation...it never got any better, but now the ghost and dark weakness was the nail in the coffin. It may no longer feel like the same pseudolegendary it was....but I'll still give him some love.

On the bright side, I'm going to have so much fun with Gengar in this gen
    Yeah, Metagross is cool, but at least it has an advantage over fairies now. I think that is why steel lost resistances to dark and ghost. And you are correct! Ghost types will be much more viable this gen. It is pretty amazing though how the chart changes really did balance things. Hydreigon, for instance, now can hit steel types with stab dark moves for neutral damage. I think dark is the new anti-ghost. On a different but similar vein, ice types have nothing.

Yeah, Metagross is cool, but at least it has an advantage over fairies now. I think that is why steel lost resistances to dark and ghost. And you are correct! Ghost types will be much more viable this gen. It is pretty amazing though how the chart changes really did balance things. Hydreigon, for instance, now can hit steel types with stab dark moves for neutral damage. I think dark is the new anti-ghost. On a different but similar vein, ice types have nothing.
    Yup, I'm really excited to use houndoom even more now because it's not weak to fairy unlike other dark pokemon.....because of fire resistance to fairy and as a bonus it can learn Sludge bomb. Gengar and Houndoom are definitely going on my team, I can't wait to use them

Yup, I'm really excited to use houndoom even more now because it's not weak to fairy unlike other dark pokemon.....because of fire resistance to fairy and as a bonus it can learn Sludge bomb. Gengar and Houndoom are definitely going on my team, I can't wait to use them
    It's awesome how much the type addition/changes have allowed Pokemon to become more viable as a whole. I hadn't even considered Houndoom. That's a good example of what has changed. Poison is good now! Lol. As someone who played every gen, I have to say that poison has been the weak type that the evil team usually used, especially team rocket. I remember cleaning them up with ground and psychic. I am glad for these changes though. They bring balance to the force.

Now that I think about it, Scizor almost always benefits from changes like this. Considering how popular it already is, it will get even more use because of it's high caliber punches against the fairies looking to have a field day.

Quote Originally Posted by Helio Breaker View Post
    Now that I think about it, Scizor almost always benefits from changes like this. Considering how popular it already is, it will get even more use because of it's high caliber punches against the fairies looking to have a field day.
    One problem with that, there will be some fairies that will know fire moves, which will kill scizor, just like when charzard steps on a rock and dies.
    The Power of the Imagination Shall Prevail!

I started an Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire blog, please visit it

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Blog

Hey, you should check out the app I made. It's for Android devices only.
    Dodge the Blocks

Do you think Flabebe will get an evolution? And if so, will it be something similar to Burmy and Wormadam with getting attacks based on the part of Kalos its from?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Ruler Kun View Post
    One problem with that, there will be some fairies that will know fire moves, which will kill scizor, just like when charzard steps on a rock and dies.
    Fire really doesn't seem like one of those types many, if any Fairy types are going to be able to learn at all, especially since it's always been one of the types to be more limited in its distribution. It's generally only Pokemon who are Dragon types or in the Monster egg group who've been capable of learning it, with a few scattered exceptions like Manectric and Weezing.

Psychic is the only type that really springs to mind as one I could see Fairy types as being able to frequently utilize.

Page 272 of 350 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322 ... LastLast