Page 300 of 350 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post
    My guess is that it's just a priority Growl, that's what it seemed to be to me.

If Braixen does become a Fire/Psychic type, it does develop a quad resistance to Fairy, I believe. The Steel/Psychics also enjoy that resistance iirc, so don't quit yet Jirachi.

For all of you guys wondering about Play Around, remember that Marill has Huge Power, so I bet in reality it has average BP.
    Um, no. Psychic doesn't resist Fairy. :/

Plus, Baby Doll Eyes is said to maybe lower attack, what's the point of it doing no damage most of the time?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post

Plus, Baby Doll Eyes is said to maybe lower attack, what's the point of it doing no damage most of the time?
    Hmm. Must have read it wrong. Woops.

If Fairy takes half damage from Bug, Scizor is not quite as good as it was before. Still can snipe them with Bullet Punch thankfully.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    Baby-Doll Eyes has an increased priority and lowers the target's Attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii front page
    Its move, Baby Doll Eyes whichmoves first and lowers the opponent's Attack
    The way it's worded makes it sound like it always lowers Attack. Might just be me.
    Last edited by The Imposter; 22nd September 2013 at 1:17 PM.
    http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=35776

i'm pretty sure i just found the most hilarious pogeymanz are satan discussion ever

Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter View Post

Hmm. Must have read it wrong. Woops.

If Fairy takes half damage from Bug, Scizor is not quite as good as it was before. Still can snipe them with Bullet Punch thankfully.

Edit:

The way it's worded makes it sound like it always lowers Attack. Might just be me.
    What they meant is probably because on the official website it says it "can" lower attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Official Website
    Furfrou can learn Baby-Doll Eyes, a fairy-type move new to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. With Baby-Doll Eyes, the user goes first regardless of speed. The move can lower the target's Attack stat.

well the point of it going first and only always lowering attack is to give certain pokemon a defensive boost. For example, Jigglypuff (defensive eviolite) can use this move to kind of spam the opponent to either buffer defenses or cause a switch giving it and its teammates more opportunity to set up, because physical hits will not do as well as special hits.
    so besides being given to pokemon whom are slower, the fact that it would be the first status move to always go first besides pokemon with prankster.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Fee View Post
    What they meant is probably because on the official website it says it "can" lower attack.
    And that "can", to me, makes it sound like there is chance involved in lowering the Attack. It doesn't say that it "will lower the target's Attack" or that it "does lower the target's Attack", but that it "can", that it has the potential to.
    Here's what Serebii's New Attacks page says:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.serebii.net/xy/attacks.shtml
    This move has an increased Speed Priority allowing it to attack first. In addition to that, it has a chance of lowering the opponent's Attack

I'm betting that Mismagius will get re-typed. Witches appear in Fairytales and use magic like Fairies. Also, Banshees are classed as 'Ghostly Fairies', so that's a double scholarship.

Betting that Attract, Sweet Kiss and Captivate will be re-typed too, since they're like Charm.

Between Charm getting re-typed and how Sylveon's ears are vaguely heart-shaped, I'm betting it's our 'Love-Type'.

With that, I want a Fairy/Flying Dove that evolves into a Swan. Both birds are sacred animals of Aphrodite, the Greek Goddess of Love.

I'm betting that Mismagius will get re-typed. Witches appear in Fairytales and use magic like Fairies. Also, Banshees are classed as 'Ghostly Fairies', so that's a double scholarship.
    i think that would be good. it would benefit from an added type and the reason behind it is good.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    And that "can", to me, makes it sound like there is chance involved in lowering the Attack. It doesn't say that it "will lower the target's Attack" or that it "does lower the target's Attack", but that it "can", that it has the potential to.
    Here's what Serebii's New Attacks page says:
    You make it sound like I was arguing against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    40 BP sounds too high for a priority move that has a secondary effect attached to it and no special conditions required for its usage (Unless they're trying to make the Fairy type broken).

I'm wagering it's more likely to be something like 20 if it even ends up being a damaging move in the first place.
    The move's description clearly states that it is an attacking move. If Furfrou has a good movepool and good stats, I think it may end up being an interesting Pokemon with BDE and Fur Coat. BDE would be pretty interesting on a Pokemon with Serene Grace.

Betting that Attract, Sweet Kiss and Captivate will be re-typed too, since they're like Charm.

Between Charm getting re-typed and how Sylveon's ears are vaguely heart-shaped, I'm betting it's our 'Love-Type'.
    All these moves seem like attempts at seduction to me; if anything, their moves are beginning to resemble dark type moves to some extent. They seem rather mischievous, deceitful, and downright unexpected. This theme of "love" would fit nicely if they included Cupid who was quite mischievous.
    Last edited by Fairy Jon; 22nd September 2013 at 9:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Jon View Post
    The move's description clearly states that it is an attacking move. If Furfrou has a good movepool and good stats, I think it may end up being an interesting Pokemon with BDE and Fur Coat. BDE would be pretty interesting on a Pokemon with Serene Grace.
    is it on the Japanese site?

as all I can find is the little description under Furfrou with and image that makes it look like a status move

all it says about it is that its a new fairy type move that goes first regardless of speed and can lower the opponents attack stat

is there another description somewhere?
    Friend Safari

Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

There is a description on Serebii's website that states that Baby Doll eyes has increased priority allowing it to attack first. It wouldn't make much sense if Baby Doll Eyes wasn't an attacking move that went first with a chance to lower attack.

There is a description on Serebii's website that states that Baby Doll eyes has increased priority allowing it to attack first. It wouldn't make much sense if Baby Doll Eyes wasn't an attacking move that went first with a chance to lower attack.
    love serebiis site but its not as official as the pokemon xy site lol

TBF it can be taken both ways as a Status move is still an attack (it just doesn't do any damage) so serebii would be right in what he says when he says you attack first as it has priority

but the official Pokémon X Y site makes it look like it is a status move as the Pokemon is batting its eyes lol and ive also seen posts saying you need to do something with the A button (probs the more you bash it the faster you bat your eye lids and the more it drops the opponents attack)

though we wont know until its released
    Last edited by PMG; 22nd September 2013 at 10:23 PM.
    Friend Safari

At first I haven't understood the description either,but with the help of someone else we were able to decode it
    Apparently, it's simply an attacking fairy type and a priority move (physical or special) that may reduces the opponent's attack (probably 10% chance)
    I am Red. I conquered the Pokemon World more times that you have ever battled. I stand upon the top of the world from Mt. Silver. Indeed, I am the Living Legend as well as The Undefeated Battler. Millions have groveled under my Smash Pass. I am the Revolutionary Smashpasser! Now, bow down before your master! Do you have what it takes to have me as your Leader?
    (12:48:55) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 1/36151 [1789 points / 1695 battles]!
    WON THE 2011 POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

I kinda feel like it'll be sorta like Smog, but not suck: 20 bp, 40% chance of Atk drop, 100 acc, +1 priority, 20 PP

given how Snarl is already a thing, this wouldn't really be that OP

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

The official Pokemon x/y website has a rather ambiguous description, however.
    Furfrou can learn Baby-Doll Eyes, a Fairy move new to Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. With Baby-Doll eyes, the user goes first regardless of Speed. The move can lower the target's Attack stat.
    http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/

Furfrou can learn Baby-Doll Eyes, a Fairy move new to Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. With Baby-Doll eyes, the user goes first regardless of Speed. The move can lower the target's Attack stat.
    Can, not does. ¬_¬

yeah after posting my post lol I saw someone mention special attack then I suddenly thought actually..... yeah lol #facepalm
    Friend Safari

So I know this is mainly a discussion for the new fairy type pokemon so do forgive my posting this here, but since I can't simply create a forum in the section I was wondering if you would indulge my question:

Anyone think Sylveon will recieve a counterpart?

Up until know every eeveelution has recieved a counterpart(s) The original trio Jolteon, Vaporeon, and Flareon. Followed by generation 2s Umbreon and Espeon, and lastly generation 4s Glaceon and Leafeon. Now for generation 6 we find the evolution Sylveon and I must say I am hoping to see it's counterpart. Especialy considering it could go either way, either they use a dragon type so sylveon has the advantage OR a type which fairy is weak against.
    Last edited by CptPurpleHaze; 22nd September 2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by CptPurpleHaze View Post
    So I know this is mainly a discussion for the new fairy type pokemon so do forgive my posting this here, but since I can't simply create a forum in the section I was wondering if you would indulge my question:

Anyone think Sylveon will recieve a counterpart?

Up until know every eeveelution has recieved a counterpart(s) The original trio Jolteon, Vaporeon, an Flareon. Followed by generation 2s Umbreon and Espeon, and lastly generation 4s Glaceon and Leafeon. Now for generation six we find the evolution Sylveon and I must say I am hoping to see it's counterpart. Especialy considering it could go either way, either they use a dragon type so sylveon has the advantage OR a type which fairy is weak against.
    I don't think they'll be one, it probably would've been shown by now. If there is one, I want it to be Fighting or Bug. Something people aren't expecting. (Bug is resisted by Fairy)

I want a Fairy-Type move that has a chance of Attraction.

I don't think they'll be one, it probably would've been shown by now. If there is one, I want it to be Fighting or Bug. Something people aren't expecting. (Bug is resisted by Fairy)

I want a Fairy-Type move that has a chance of Attraction.
    I didn't even think of bug, but I would like to see it. Honestly I am not too keen for a fighting type eeveelution. I thought the four fighting legendaries in the 5th gen were cool and all but I was simply not their biggest fan. Of course this is only my opinion and to each their own.
    Last edited by CptPurpleHaze; 22nd September 2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: darn typos

Can, not does. ¬_¬
    What's your point exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    yeah after posting my post lol I saw someone mention special attack then I suddenly thought actually..... yeah lol #facepalm
    I went to look at the official description and facepalmed myself; that description is very unclear as to what the nature of the move actually is.

I don't think it's out of the question for another eeveelution, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for one. If it were going to be like the other eeveelutions, I'd suspect Poison, Steel, or Fighting before Dragon (Ya never know though).

Fighting type got weakened indeed
    This ggeneration wants to tell us that Fire type being abused all these year has got his years to be the risen
    Fairy is the second best type this generation in term of matchups (and typing usage)
    This powerful type seems to be a GREAT stallish type, same thing for steel,
    While steel being the third best type for now and fairy the 2nd
    Fire being effective on both without getting weaknesses or disadvantages it becomes the type of Gen 6 imo
    And it deserves so
    I am Red. I conquered the Pokemon World more times that you have ever battled. I stand upon the top of the world from Mt. Silver. Indeed, I am the Living Legend as well as The Undefeated Battler. Millions have groveled under my Smash Pass. I am the Revolutionary Smashpasser! Now, bow down before your master! Do you have what it takes to have me as your Leader?
    (12:48:55) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 1/36151 [1789 points / 1695 battles]!
    WON THE 2011 POKEMON WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Anyone else think Captivate will become Fairy type? Along with some of:

Flatter, Charm, Wish, Safeguard, Moonlight, Cosmic Power, Morning Sun, Refresh, Bestow, Lucky Chant, Follow Me, Healing Wish, Heal Pulse, Encore, Entrainment, Lovely Kiss, Natural Gift, Sweet Kiss, Lunar Dance

I know a lot of these are Psychic or Normal type - but I see them as better suiting Fairy plus it eases the bloated block of Psychic and Normal moves that don't seem to quite fit?

Plus WHY is Mind Reader a Normal type move??? Surely THAT should be Psychic- even 'Mind's Eye' sounds Psychic.
    Last edited by storm12; 22nd September 2013 at 11:12 PM.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Healing Wish definitely seems more like a Fairy type move in my opinion. If anything, Magic Coat and Magic room scream Fairy as well.

Healing Wish definitely seems more like a Fairy type move in my opinion. If anything, Magic Coat and Magic room scream Fairy as well.
    Healing Wish defo- all kinds of 'wishing' moves come under it me thinks. I think the sense of 'Magic' in the case of those two moves, seems to me- to do with Stage Magic- like hocus pocus stuff- illusory 'magic'- like mind tricks, hence I think it still fits Psychic. Wonder Room, Trick Room and Gravity on the other hand... seem kinda Fairy- if anything Gravity feels like it should be a Ghost move? I dunno :S I kinda see why some people wanted a 'cosmic' type now... but Fairy is better!
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Page 300 of 350 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310 ... LastLast