Page 348 of 350 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350 LastLast
Results 8,676 to 8,700 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

I always thought that Milotic's lore focused on beauty more so than being based on a siren (not saying you're wrong, since it's up to interpretation, I personally don't see the connection). I mean, I think the Milo in Milotic references Venus de Milo, which ofc is the statue that recorded an artist's depiction of the goddess of beauty and love (Aphrodite/Venus). Since it already is emblematic of beauty, I'm not sure how Fairies fit into the theme (considering that it's also serpentine/dragon-like in its figure).

Not everything that could qualify as a fairy is going to get the fairy typing, apparently I heard that audino is still just a normal type which to be honest I think that thing is more of a fairy than some of the pokes that have been given the fairy typing.
    JUST A CHILLED OUT SKUNTANK GUY

MARCH OF THE SKUNTANK ARMY

Lesson: Disagreeing with other opinions no matter how small may lead to flame wars and banging your head against the wall

Seriously you guys will get over it. If Game Freak thinks a certain Pokemon makes sense as a Fairy, then it's a Fairy. Tired of people saying what deserves to be a fairy and what doesn't when no one can give a straight answer about what the Fairy type even encompasses. Let's just leave it to Game Freak.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

It won't stop people complaining though, especially if milotic turns out to be pure water. I wouldn't really care but I know some people on here would be outraged if it wasn't a fairy
    JUST A CHILLED OUT SKUNTANK GUY

MARCH OF THE SKUNTANK ARMY

Lesson: Disagreeing with other opinions no matter how small may lead to flame wars and banging your head against the wall

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire7 View Post
    It won't stop people complaining though, especially if milotic turns out to be pure water. I wouldn't really care but I know some people on here would be outraged if it wasn't a fairy
    I only hope it is because then it'll make my final team easier to put together. Because I want at least one Fairy on my team, and if Milotic gets it then I'll be putting Venusaur on my team, if not I'll grab a Sylveon.

So just to be sure, all the currently known Fairies are:
    Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Togepi, Snubbull, Granbull, Flabébé, Floette, Florges, Sylveon, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Xerneas -> Pure fairy
    Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Azurill -> Normal/Fairy
    Mime Jr., Mr. Mime, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir -> Psychic/Fairy
    Togetic, Togekiss -> Fairy/Flying
    Marill, Azumarill -> Water/Fairy
    Mawile, Klefki -> Steel/Fairy
    Whimsicott -> Grass/Fairy
    Dedenne -> Electric/Fairy
    Carbink -> Rock/Fairy

Did I miss any?
    Last edited by Hexametaphosphate; 11th October 2013 at 9:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    Seriously you guys will get over it. If Game Freak thinks a certain Pokemon makes sense as a Fairy, then it's a Fairy. Tired of people saying what deserves to be a fairy and what doesn't when no one can give a straight answer about what the Fairy type even encompasses. Let's just leave it to Game Freak.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueWarrior View Post
    I only hope it is because then it'll make my final team easier to put together. Because I want at least one Fairy on my team, and if Milotic gets it then I'll be putting Venusaur on my team, if not I'll grab a Sylveon.
    Feebas isn't in the Kalos Dex

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticwolf10 View Post
    Feebas isn't in the Kalos Dex
    Well yeah I know that, but the majority of people here have gotten the game way earlier than me. Possible some one might be willing to trade me one. Since I won't beat the game so early it's still plausible to get it before I beat it.

Has there been any news on Arceus Fairy Plate (or as I called it, Pixie Plate)?

Well yeah I know that, but the majority of people here have gotten the game way earlier than me. Possible some one might be willing to trade me one. Since I won't beat the game so early it's still plausible to get it before I beat it.
    But you'd have to wait till December 27th, till you can trade a feebas over - seeing as the only way to get pokemon that are outside of the region would be via poke transfer/poke bank which isn't an option until December.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    But you'd have to wait till December 27th, till you can trade a feebas over - seeing as the only way to get pokemon that are outside of the region would be via poke transfer/poke bank which isn't an option until December.
    So even with the National Dex there isn't a possibility of Pokemon outside of the Kalos Pokedex showing up? I haven't heard of what Pokemon that are catchable after post game.

Well, there's the Friend Safari too. Serebii says some non-Kalos Dex Pokémon pop up there, so who knows? If you're lucky.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, there's the Friend Safari too. Serebii says some non-Kalos Dex Pokémon pop up there, so who knows? If you're lucky.
    So even with the National Dex there isn't a possibility of Pokemon outside of the Kalos Pokedex showing up? I haven't heard of what Pokemon that are catchable after post game.
    As Vermont stated, the Friend Safari would be your best shot at getting a Feebas...but idk if that's post game or not.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

As Vermont stated, the Friend Safari would be your best shot at getting a Feebas...but idk if that's post game or not.
    I'll put my money on it being post game.

Yeah it's post game from what I read. Won't kill me to not have it until post game, I didn't have my true team in White 2 until I beat the E4. Then I went back and destroyed them for round two lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RNG_Reporter View Post
    If Blissey becomes Fairy, it's going to be possibly Uber.
    I hope GF is smart enough to realize how incredibly unbalanced and unfair Blissey would become as a Fairy. It already borders on that as it is.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Quote Originally Posted by Hexametaphosphate View Post
    So just to be sure, all the currently known Fairies are:
    Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Togepi, Snubbull, Granbull, Flabébé, Floette, Florges, Sylveon, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Xerneas -> Pure fairy
    Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Azurill -> Normal/Fairy
    Mime Jr., Mr. Mime, Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir -> Psychic/Fairy
    Togetic, Togekiss -> Fairy/Flying
    Marill, Azumarill -> Water/Fairy
    Mawile, Klefki -> Steel/Fairy
    Whimsicott -> Grass/Fairy
    Dedenne -> Electric/Fairy
    Carbink -> Rock/Fairy

Did I miss any?
    If there's at least 2 more fairy types we don't yet know about then it will pass Ghost and won't be the least common type.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :

Wanted
    :

have audino or blissey family been confirmed retyped yet?

The 6 best pokemon of all time. If you disagree you can and will be factually disproven

With the fairy type coming into the fray, I was thinking this was a great opportunity, especially with the mix-up of current type match-ups, for GF to make normal type super-effective against something. I like the fact that they finally gave poison something besides grass that it is super-effective against, but normal type is still ridiculously weak offensively in most cases. That being said, some of the new abilities that change normal type attacks to other types that get STAB are going to be awesome, imo. However this only applies to pokemon that weren't normal typed already.
    Winds, stay with me!

Have: Several Adamant Larvitar with 5 maxed IVs, any whatever order you would like. Currently out if D-Dance Larvitar, however will breed one for right offer.

Adamant Speed Boost Torchic: 31/31/31/x/31/31

More Torchic and Larvitar than you can count with anywhere from 1-4 maxed IVs, all of the Torchic have Max Attack for sure. Most of both of these have adamant natures.

PM me your offers.

Milotic is based on Cher, the singer, along with syrins and to a lesser extent oarfish and eels... I'm surprised that only the syrin link has been mentioned.

I am very surprised that Altaria has not received a retyping to be Flying/Fairy. It has little to do with Dragon type, but a lot with the Fairy type. The melodical voice, craceful behavior, the cloudy wings...
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander L. Halsti View Post
    I am very surprised that Altaria has not received a retyping to be Flying/Fairy. It has little to do with Dragon type, but a lot with the Fairy type. The melodical voice, craceful behavior, the cloudy wings...
    It's based on a Peng, a bird with dragon features or a dragon with bird features, depending on the version or interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Belleflora View Post
    It's based on a Peng, a bird with dragon features or a dragon with bird features, depending on the version or interpretation.
    I was under the impression that Altaria was inspired by swans and maybe peacocks.
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Belleflora View Post
    Correct, it doesn't need Fairy. Dragon fits it well already.

Lilligant been confirmed for Fairy yet?

dont know if this has been posted but my espurr just got to
    level 22 and learned a new fairy type move

disarming voice
    never misses power 40 pp 15

Page 348 of 350 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350 LastLast