Page 51 of 350 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DarkS Umbreon View Post
    What if these so-called "legendaries" were actually Fairy-type all along, and only now they have enough information to actually class them as such? Mind blown.
    What if what if wait for it.. what if Skitty is actually a legendary but only now they have enough information about it.. xD bigger mind blown
    Last edited by SkittySkitty; 17th June 2013 at 1:30 PM. Reason: Lagged and posted this like 5 times xD by mistake
    Ani-Chan

Singer/Songwriter

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/animalboikus
    Serebii news: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
    Pokebeach: http://www.pokebeach.com
    Pokemon's youtube: http://www.youtube.com/pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Mixelo View Post
    I'm really not seeing that legendaries have their type changed...
    But most of the pokemon you listed should be re-typed to fairy-type.
    I'm really glad GF is introducing this changes in the game.

And I would kill for a ghost/fairy pokemon. It would be just awesome!! +.+
    I'm quite sure the misdreavus line will be ghost fairy being based on banshees (fae) and the nukekubi (yokai). Being a fan of banette, I think it should get something aswell, however I don't think fairy will fit it, maybe a ghost dark evo since it is an evil possessed doll.

Damn, Skitty is just a cat...-_- It doesn't look like anything mythical or actually fairy-like, like most Fairies would possibly be....I think it would just stay Normal...don't think that all pink Pokemon would just get a Fairy typing.

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

Quote Originally Posted by *Jean Grey* View Post
    Damn, Skitty is just a cat...-_- It doesn't look like anything mythical or actually fairy-like, like most Fairies would possibly be....I think it would just stay Normal...don't think that all pink Pokemon would just get a Fairy typing.
    Yeah, the pink thing is in no way a deciding factor...Marill is blue.

Personally I'm not too fussed what gets made Fairy, Marill and more so Gardevoir has shown me that almost anything is possible. The only ones I've also convinced myself of though are ther Clefairy line and Volbeat and Illumise.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

I don't see them re-typing a lot of previous gen pokemon, Clefairy, Snubbull, Dunsparce and maybe 2-3 other lines and that's it, it will get a bit too ridiculous if they re-type a whole heap of them.
    Skitty I can't see being part Fairy
    Togepi could, but Togetic/kiss are duel typed so they can't

Quote Originally Posted by water trainer View Post
    I don't see them re-typing a lot of previous gen pokemon, Clefairy, Snubbull, Dunsparce and maybe 2-3 other lines and that's it, it will get a bit too ridiculous if they re-type a whole heap of them.
    Skitty I can't see being part Fairy
    Togepi could, but Togetic/kiss are duel typed so they can't
    I wonder say dual typed 'Can't' be retyped, it's just more unlikely.

Oh my Arceus, if Darkrai was retyped as Dark/Fairy, then every Pokemon could be retyped. Even adding this type to Mewtwo is more logical. Darkrai is a shadow demon, not a magical creature. That's what makes him special. Cresselia would make a good Fairy, but Darkrai? Don't make me laugh!

My List of Re-typings:

Clefairy line
    Dunsparce (which I hope evolves)
    Celebi (it's the spitting image of Tinkerbell)
    Jirachi (kinda reminds me of Japanese mythology, plus it's fairly magical-looking)
    Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit (PiXIE, ELF, SPRITe. This one's fairly obvious)
    Cresselia (Only if Fairy is NOT immune to Dark, since nightmares power over pleasant dreams)
    Munna Line (Floaty pink things. I think it isn't half bad)
    Meloetta (That Normal/Psychic typing makes zero sense to me. It LOOKS like a fairy)

My Non-re-typing List:
    Mew (It's the base of all Pokemon, so it needs to stay Basic. No Normal/Fairy, either)
    Snubbull Line (Sure, it's the 'Fairy Pokemon' but does it really look like a fairy to you?)
    Volbeat/Illumise (They're fireflies. Fireflies aren't fairies)
    Glalie (Ball of ice, anyone?)
    Darkrai (Yeah, I don't think so. This is our only Dark-type legendary right now. Add a new Dark/Fairy legend if you must, but keep the best Pokemon ever pure Dark. If GF changed Darkrai's type, I'd personally strangle each and every one of them.)
    Victini (Just because it's small and cute, it doesn't mean that it's a fairy)
    Gothitelle (It looks like a stalker to me. To give it the Fairy-type would tarnish the Fairy name)
    Keldeo (No.)
    Fennekin Line (My friend suggested this, so I'm just putting it up. Fennekin looks like it might become Psychic or Ground to me. I would not like it to stay cute - it needs to grow up! (Sorry, Peter Pan))

This is just my opinion, so don't get overly angry if you wanted to see Darkrai put on a tutu and carry around a wand. I'm sorry, but he's a fiend. We can't do that to him!
    In nightmares, you may glimpse your deepest, darkest fears and know your gratefulness of everything good. Sweet dreams cause you to yearn for what you cannot have, and so you suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturallyDark View Post
    Oh my Arceus, if Darkrai was retyped as Dark/Fairy, then every Pokemon could be retyped. Even adding this type to Mewtwo is more logical. Darkrai is a shadow demon, not a magical creature. That's what makes him special. Cresselia would make a good Fairy, but Darkrai? Don't make me laugh!

My List of Re-typings:

Clefairy line
    Jirachi (kinda reminds me of Japanese mythology, plus it's fairly magical-looking)
    Cresselia (Only if Fairy is NOT immune to Dark, since nightmares power over pleasant dreams)
    Meloetta (That Normal/Psychic typing makes zero sense to me. It LOOKS like a fairy)

My Non-re-typing List:
    Mew (It's the base of all Pokemon, so it needs to stay Basic. No Normal/Fairy, either)
    Snubbull Line (Sure, it's the 'Fairy Pokemon' but does it really look like a fairy to you?)
    Darkrai (Yeah, I don't think so. This is our only Dark-type legendary right now. Add a new Dark/Fairy legend if you must, but keep the best Pokemon ever pure Dark. If GF changed Darkrai's type, I'd personally strangle each and every one of them.)
    Gothitelle (It looks like a stalker to me. To give it the Fairy-type would tarnish the Fairy name)
    Keldeo (No.)
    Fennekin Line (My friend suggested this, so I'm just putting it up. Fennekin looks like it might become Psychic or Ground to me. I would not like it to stay cute - it needs to grow up! (Sorry, Peter Pan))

This is just my opinion, so don't get overly angry if you wanted to see Darkrai put on a tutu and carry around a wand. I'm sorry, but he's a fiend. We can't do that to him!
    Well i think snubbel's line is based on goblins, mixed with bulldog (corect me if i'm wrong) and goblins are fairies. So i could definately see it becoming fairy type.

Tho i agree on darkrai, its not at all a fairy type , its a lving nightmare. Fairy just isn't fitting.

Feel free to add me for friendsafari, just make sure to PM me so i can add you back
    N3DS_FC: 2981-6076-5995
    Type is Ice, with Spheal, Bergmite and Cloyster!

My List of Re-typings:

Clefairy line

My Non-re-typing List:
    Keldeo (No.)

How does Dunsparce look like a fairy though?? I'm not saying it cant become Fairy though, but you cant say something will become a Fairy coz it looks like one and they say something like Glalie or Volbeat can't coz they don't look like a Fairy, Marill doesn't look like a Fairy, it's a mouse. But I'm pretty sure GF don't decide which pokemon will become Fairy by drawing them in a 'tutu' and 'waving a wand' and seeing if it just fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    How does Dunsparce look like a fairy though?? I'm not saying it cant. But I'm pretty sure GF don't decide which pokemon will become Fairy by drawing them in a 'tutu' and 'waving a wand' and seeing if it just fits.
    "Dunsparce is based on the mythical tsuchinoko. Similar to Bigfoot or the Chupacabra, sightings and reports appear in Japanese media; however, hard evidence is always lacking. Tsuchinoko are 30 cm to 80 cm long, with a large head and poisonous fangs. Its body is thicker than its head and tail. The noises it makes resemble squeaks, chirps and snores. Unlike real snakes, which slither from side to side, a tsuchinoko wiggles ahead in a straight line. The tsuchinoko curls its body to leap through the air. Moreover, the fact that Dunsparce, a snake-like creature, has wings also brings to mind the motif of the Feathered Serpent, a prominent deity or supernatural being in many Mesoamerican religions. In addition, Dunsparce shares some traits with bumblebees, including their stripes, tiny wings, stinger-like tail, and the fact that they burrow into the ground. This may be a visual pun inspired by the name "bachi hebi" (literally "bee snake"), which the tsuchinoko is also known by."

If Dunsparce gets an evo, it'll be Normal/Dragon, with possibly Levitate as an Ability. I'd still love to see a Gyarados-esque transformation into a big basilisk or something, & with Dunsparce being featured on the Pokémon-Amie, maybe they were teasing that Dunsparce would get an evo.
    X FC: 0533-5528-5272

Friend Safari: Fighting, Pancham/Machoke/Riolu

RMT Trick Room Singles

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Arcanine Trainer View Post
    "Dunsparce is based on the mythical tsuchinoko. Similar to Bigfoot or the Chupacabra, sightings and reports appear in Japanese media; however, hard evidence is always lacking. Tsuchinoko are 30 cm to 80 cm long, with a large head and poisonous fangs. Its body is thicker than its head and tail. The noises it makes resemble squeaks, chirps and snores. Unlike real snakes, which slither from side to side, a tsuchinoko wiggles ahead in a straight line. The tsuchinoko curls its body to leap through the air. Moreover, the fact that Dunsparce, a snake-like creature, has wings also brings to mind the motif of the Feathered Serpent, a prominent deity or supernatural being in many Mesoamerican religions. In addition, Dunsparce shares some traits with bumblebees, including their stripes, tiny wings, stinger-like tail, and the fact that they burrow into the ground. This may be a visual pun inspired by the name "bachi hebi" (literally "bee snake"), which the tsuchinoko is also known by."

If Dunsparce gets an evo, it'll be Normal/Dragon, with possibly Levitate as an Ability. I'd still love to see a Gyarados-esque transformation into a big basilisk or something, & with Dunsparce being featured on the Pokémon-Amie, maybe they were teasing that Dunsparce would get an evo.
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant he says how something cant be a Fairy coz it doesn't look like one, but neither does Dunsparce, I'm fairly sure people would call it a worm, bug or snake before they would say Fairy.

I'm not saying his opinion is wrong or anything but he supports his own theory while disregarding others based on what people think 'look like Fairys.

My List of Re-typings:

Clefairy line

My Non-re-typing List:
    Keldeo (No.)

Snubbull line and Gothitelle are possible. Like someone had said, Snubbull is based partly on a goblin, and Gothitelle looks like it would become fairy for the same reasons Gardevoir did.
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Arcanine Trainer View Post
    This. First of all, an evolution of Dunsparce is a must (to me at least!). Not _everything_ has to be Fairy-type nowadays though, we still have 17 other types. A Normal/Fairy evo would be fine, but I'd really like to see a Normal/Dragon evo for Dunsparce, it's such a unique typing. But this would belong to the Dex thread I presume.

Anyway, I've been lately thinking about Pikachu and the Fairy-type. While I first was against the idea, now it's starting to grow on me. Yes, Pikachu is an electric mouse, nothing fairy about that. But from a "marketing" point of view, giving something new to the face and icon of Pokémon could be interesting. It would stabilize Pikachu's position without it feeling too old, but also give something new to the table. Especially in the anime, with Ash's Pikachu suddenly realizing it has fairy powers or something, would give new possibilities to the plot. Also, it IS in the fairy egg group, though that is no more proof than any other... I am more than fine with Pikachu staying just Electric, but adding the Fairy-type wouldn't surprise me.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant he says how something cant be a Fairy coz it doesn't look like one, but neither does Dunsparce, I'm fairly sure people would call it a worm, bug or snake before they would say Fairy.

I'm not saying his opinion is wrong or anything but he supports his own theory while disregarding others based on what people think 'look like Fairys.
    Saying Dunsparce will become Fairy is actually pretty tame compared to some of the crap I've seen people say haha. Apparently every single thing with wings, pink-coloured & cute is becoming a Fairy.

RMT Trick Room Singles

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    This. First of all, an evolution of Dunsparce is a must (to me at least!). Not _everything_ has to be Fairy-type nowadays though, we still have 17 other types. A Normal/Fairy evo would be fine, but I'd really like to see a Normal/Dragon evo for Dunsparce, it's such a unique typing. But this would belong to the Dex thread I presume.
    Noivern is Normal/Dragon or Dragon/Normal
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post

Anyway, I've been lately thinking about Pikachu and the Fairy-type. While I first was against the idea, now it's starting to grow on me. Yes, Pikachu is an electric mouse, nothing fairy about that. But from a "marketing" point of view, giving something new to the face and icon of Pokémon could be interesting. It would stabilize Pikachu's position without it feeling too old, but also give something new to the table. Especially in the anime, with Ash's Pikachu suddenly realizing it has fairy powers or something, would give new possibilities to the plot. Also, it IS in the fairy egg group, though that is no more proof than any other... I am more than fine with Pikachu staying just Electric, but adding the Fairy-type wouldn't surprise me.
    Finally, someone who sees the benefits that Pikachu being Fairy would bring. People saying it's a mouse is not a good enough reason to discredit it being Fairy. At first I said that they wouldn't do it and add to his type, but instead get rid of Electro Ball and let him use a Fairy move. But it's grown on me as well and I really wouldn't be surprised.

Personally I would love for the anime to have Ash turn his nose to the Fairy type and say it sounds 'a bit girly' or whatever and then have lots of characters put him in his place and have him lose to a Fairy trainer or something and finally he realizes they have just as much right to be a type as any other.

@shinyArcanine True, but still I wouldn't say that Dunsparce looks like a Fairy, but personally I think if Dunsparce isn't much of a stretch then neither is Volbeat and Illumise. Bur we will just have to wait and see. I was glad Fairy was announced but it has just shifted the focus of the arguments haha
    Last edited by Ditto24; 17th June 2013 at 4:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    Actually, it's Flying/Dragon.

RMT Trick Room Singles

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    Noiverm is Flying/Dragon

Feel free to add me for friendsafari, just make sure to PM me so i can add you back
    N3DS_FC: 2981-6076-5995
    Type is Ice, with Spheal, Bergmite and Cloyster!

Finally, someone who sees the benefits that Pikachu being Fairy would bring. People saying it's a mouse is not a good enough reason to discredit it being Fairy. At first I said that they wouldn't do it and add to his type, but instead get rid of Electro Ball and let him use a Fairy move. But it's grown on me as well and I really wouldn't be surprised.

Personally I would love for the anime to have Ash turn his nose to the Fairy type and say it sounds 'a bit girly' or whatever and then have lots of characters put him in his place and have him lose to a Fairy trainer or something and finally he realizes they have just as much right to be a type as any other.

@shinyArcanine True, but still I wouldn't say that Dunsparce looks like a Fairy, but personally I think if Dunsparce isn't much of a stretch then neither is Volbeat and Illumise. Bur we will just have to wait and see. I was glad Fairy was announced but it has just shifted the focus of the arguments haha
    It really wouldn't make any sense if they just made Pikachu fairy type in the anime. I mean, would there be some wise guy in Kalos who discovers a change in Pikachu's typing when arriving there or something? I just think people don't want Pikachu to be changed in any way.
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

I think celebii should get a new form in the next couple gens where it is grass fairy.

Best Legendarys.

The original fire starters. please challenge me FC:2108-9433-6376

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    It really wouldn't make any sense if they just made Pikachu fairy type in the anime. I mean, would there be some wise guy in Kalos who discovers a change in Pikachu's typing when arriving there or something? I just think people don't want Pikachu to be changed in any way.
    Tbf we don't know how they're going to explain it. They may even have someone who has a 'Fairy detector' and uses it on Pikachu and say 'yep, its a Fairy type'. I know it's daft but when it comes to the pokemon anime I wouldn't be surprised.

..yeah, I would want a Normal/Dragon evolution for Dunsparce instead of Normal/Fairy.
    It seems like a lot of pokemon are going to be Normal/Fairy after they are done.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Anyway the anime isn't relevant to the game.

Best Legendarys.

The original fire starters. please challenge me FC:2108-9433-6376

Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    Anyway the anime isn't relevant to the game.
    True, but they can't have the anime ignore the whole 'discovery of Fairy' can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    The anime would find a way to explain it - maybe Pikachu itself just realizes it has new powers when entering the Kalos region. Or as you said, someone else points it out. Or nobody says a thing and everyone lives as if Pikachu has always had the ability to learn Fairy-type moves. It wouldn't be an issue.

Still, touching Pikachu might be too much. I wouldn't be against it (gives Pikachu a bit of a boost both in "marketing" and otherwise), but I could see some opposition.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Page 51 of 350 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast