Page 52 of 350 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    The anime would find a way to explain it - maybe Pikachu itself just realizes it has new powers when entering the Kalos region. Or as you said, someone else points it out. Or nobody says a thing and everyone lives as if Pikachu has always had the ability to learn Fairy-type moves. It wouldn't be an issue.

Still, touching Pikachu might be too much. I wouldn't be against it (gives Pikachu a bit of a boost both in "marketing" and otherwise), but I could see some opposition.
    I wouldn't be against it either. I just think it would be better that Raichu gets fairy type. That way Pikachu gets untouched. Win/Win
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    I wouldn't be against it either. I just think it would be better that Raichu gets fairy type. That way Pikachu gets untouched. Win/Win
    Eh, I think that Pichu and Pikachu are more 'Fairy-esque' than Raichu. Also, they're more popular with little girls.

though i wouldn't be against it myself I think it's better that they don't change too many 1st gen. What i'm hoping for would be a branched evo for the pikachu line one stays pure electric(raichu) wheras the other(the new one) becomes electric/fairy. This would be an uncontroversial solution I believe. But regardless I am hoping pikachu gets some fairy type options.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    though i wouldn't be against it myself I think it's better that they don't change too many 1st gen. What i'm hoping for would be a branched evo for the pikachu line one stays pure electric(raichu) wheras the other(the new one) becomes electric/fairy. This would be an uncontroversial solution I believe. But regardless I am hoping pikachu gets some fairy type options.
    Wow, that's possible could definitely work out..

The thing to keep in mind when speculating about the Fairy type's strength and weaknesses is that, as it was announced, the Fairy type is meant to balance out the imbalances of the game. Because of that, there are type weaknesses and advantages that it will not likely have. For example, I don't believe it will be weak against Fighting or Ground type attacks, since both of those attack types are tied for having the advantages over the most other types, with five each. We need to logic this out.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsOfSilver View Post
    Eh, I think that Pichu and Pikachu are more 'Fairy-esque' than Raichu. Also, they're more popular with little girls.
    I think that Raichu might turn into a Fairy Type but i am not sure...

Honestly, that will pribably still be just as controversial to the fanboys.

The easiest way for them to do it is to just give it to raichu

2014 Baby

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Torchic gets Speed Boost from the event which makes itself the cockfighting fried chicken it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    Honestly, that will pribably still be just as controversial to the fanboys.

The easiest way for them to do it is to just give it to raichu
    I'd disagree it would be as controversial a branched evo means that there favourites may stay as they remember them but to be honest that wouldn't stop gf. Consider this though a branched evo of Pikachu could also has a very different stat line up. Even if Raichu were to become part fairy I doubt it would ever be that usable. But with the right stat placement the branched evo could be. Thats the real reason I'm hoping for it. Still I'm aware this is just a hope.

I could see Glalie becoming an Ice/Fairy type....with Snorunt staying pure ice. That way Glalie would have a dual typing just like Froslass. It fits too, wasn't Snorunt based on some sort of eskimo fairy tale?

It's a bit like with Gardevoir having two types now and not just Gallade. On that note I imagine Ralts and Kirlia will remain pure psychic since it would be weird if they went from fairy to fighting.

Why does everyone think Fairy is also made to target female players? Gamefreak always has targeted both genders since day 1 lol.

If Fairy is weak against poison, than many monkeys will be pleased because they can shoot their gunk using gunk shot.

I'd disagree it would be as controversial a branched evo means that there favourites may stay as they remember them but to be honest that wouldn't stop gf. Consider this though a branched evo of Pikachu could also has a very different stat line up. Even if Raichu were to become part fairy I doubt it would ever be that usable. But with the right stat placement the branched evo could be. Thats the real reason I'm hoping for it. Still I'm aware this is just a hope.
    Yeah its cause raichu was a two stager in Gen 1 so it doesn't have as good a stat total and distribution as three liners even though it gained pichu in gen 2 making it a 3 liner. Similar situation with Hitmons which is why I want GF to improve their bst's

2014 Baby

Torchic gets Speed Boost from the event which makes itself the cockfighting fried chicken it is.

Why does everyone think Fairy is also made to target female players? Gamefreak always has targeted both genders since day 1 lol.
    One could disagree, just the fact that you could play only as a boy character in gen 1 favoured the boys, however, this was changed in Crystal and is only a minor thing. Fact is though, that majority of the fans are boys and while Fairy isn't necessarily made to target female players, it definitely helps attract more female fans.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    Yeah its cause raichu was a two stager in Gen 1 so it doesn't have as good a stat total and distribution as three liners even though it gained pichu in gen 2 making it a 3 liner. Similar situation with Hitmons which is why I want GF to improve their bst's
    That does make sense. If they were to make Raichu fairy type i would hope they improve the stats but if they won't then a branched evo could have more specialized stats with it losing signifcantly out of attack or special attack and gaining in the other. That might help slightly. I also hope if they improve raichu they finally give it fingers. lol .(pikachu got fingers but raichu never did.)

I think the fact that Ash's Pikachu will never evolve is all the more reason to make a change in this way. Its a smaller way of refreshing Pikachu by adding to it without taking anything away. It would gain a new type, giving it new advantages and disadvantages and would open up new opportunities for moves. I think it would make the anime Pikachu, and indeed the species as a whole, much less stale.

I would have no issue with other Pokemon becoming Fairy-types where it makes sense to do so, regardless of those Pokemon being legendary or dual-typed. Togekiss is a prime example.

In fact, I hope that in many years time, improvements will be made to older Pokemon in a retcon-style reboot of the franchise. Older Pokemon could change their types, learn different older moves they had no access to before, TM's could be improved, so that they only taught decent moves, extra formes could be added to older Pokemon, who came out before formes existed. Like with Mewtwo in this generation. Gyarados and Charizard could swap their flying type for a dragon typing. Weak Pokemon that are overlooked could have their stats improved and be given evolutions en masse,(a'la Sinnoh) rather a handful every 4-8 years.

Pokemon like Luvdisc and Alomamola could retrospectively be discovered to be related (a'la hitmonchan and hitmonlee). Also, incense could be done away with and baby Pokemon just automatically hatch out of eggs, regardless of which generation they were introduced in!

Improving on old work isn't a bad thing, as people seem to make out, subject to these things actually improving older creations!
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    One could disagree, just the fact that you could play only as a boy character in gen 1 favoured the boys, however, this was changed in Crystal and is only a minor thing. Fact is though, that majority of the fans are boys and while Fairy isn't necessarily made to target female players, it definitely helps attract more female fans.
    They wanted to add the female player character in GenI but, they didn't have enough space. They didn't get enough space until Crystal. GenI was actually unfinished.
    Insert witty catchphrase here.

Luvdisc and Alomamola should be related for obvious reasons, and I think that luvdisc might get fairy type, possibly.

Luvdisc and Alomamola should be related for obvious reasons, and I think that luvdisc might get fairy type, possibly.
    Agreed. With the single type and all, maybe even Alomomola.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

Whatever other fairy Pokemon GameFreak adds, I hope goblins, trolls, manticores, gryphons, and any other intimidating mythical creatures are added into the mix. It gets a little annoying when people, who are only familiar with Tinkerbell-esque fairies, assume and state that adding a so-called "girly" type was a mistake and anything that isn't small and cutesy is not a fairy. And so what if fairy Pokemon all end up being feminine and cute? We have had those types of monsters in every single generation, so why wait till now to start complaining? Are people that insecure with their masculinity that they believe fairies are a problem?

Also, this will hopefully stop the "it should have been called light or cosmic type" arguments. In fairy tales, fairies have the power to destroy dragons. And that is what GF was going for when they were creating the new type. I mean, how would light or cosmic being effective against dragon Pokemon make any sense?
    MY TEAMS FROM KANTO TO UNOVA

Quote Originally Posted by masterbreeder42 View Post
    The thing to keep in mind when speculating about the Fairy type's strength and weaknesses is that, as it was announced, the Fairy type is meant to balance out the imbalances of the game. Because of that, there are type weaknesses and advantages that it will not likely have. For example, I don't believe it will be weak against Fighting or Ground type attacks, since both of those attack types are tied for having the advantages over the most other types, with five each. We need to logic this out.
    I too am wondering how this will play out. If anyone remembers ALL THE WAY BACK to the introduction of the Steel and Dark types in Gen 2, the type chart was changed to adjust to two new types. I was too lazy to find the changes in the type chart, but bulbapedia states: "The biggest difference between the two charts is the addition of the Dark and Steel types to the second chart. Among relationships that were already in the chart, Bug was made ˝× effective against Poison instead of 2×, and Poison was changed from 2× to 1× against Bug. Ghost was made 2× against Psychic, as opposed to 0×. Also, Ice was adjusted to deal ˝× damage to Fire as opposed to 1×. "
    I speculate as to seeing something similar, with types becoming less effective/more effective to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by MuseHarmonia View Post
    Agreed. With the single type and all, maybe even Alomomola.
    The two Pokemon even look the same; I'm surprised they're not related to each other.
    I can see them getting the Fairy-typing, but I don't think it's going to happen.
    (100 posts woo)
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/fjgfat.jpg[/IMG]
    ~~ Pokémon X and Y , the new generation...~~
    On the hunt for my first X&Y shiny! (and my first RE maybe.. >.<)
    Y Team: Delphox, Blastoise, Sylveon, Aurorus, Dragalge, Yveltal
    X Team: Greninja, Charmeleon, Pikachu, Eevee (Espeon/Leafeon)

[Thanks to Equal-to-Heaven for the Yveltal clock!]
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vy4jgi.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Goukazaru51 View Post
    I too am wondering how this will play out. If anyone remembers ALL THE WAY BACK to the introduction of the Steel and Dark types in Gen 2, the type chart was changed to adjust to two new types. I was too lazy to find the changes in the type chart, but bulbapedia states: "The biggest difference between the two charts is the addition of the Dark and Steel types to the second chart. Among relationships that were already in the chart, Bug was made ˝× effective against Poison instead of 2×, and Poison was changed from 2× to 1× against Bug. Ghost was made 2× against Psychic, as opposed to 0×. Also, Ice was adjusted to deal ˝× damage to Fire as opposed to 1×. "
    I speculate as to seeing something similar, with types becoming less effective/more effective to each other.
    I don't think they will change the relationship between the types we already have, it will just be the Fairy stuff and we'll see what effective and whats not. Could be wrong though.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by skittlepup View Post
    The two Pokemon even look the same; I'm surprised they're not related to each other.
    Please don't start this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    I could see Glalie becoming an Ice/Fairy type....with Snorunt staying pure ice. That way Glalie would have a dual typing just like Froslass. It fits too, wasn't Snorunt based on some sort of eskimo fairy tale?

It's a bit like with Gardevoir having two types now and not just Gallade. On that note I imagine Ralts and Kirlia will remain pure psychic since it would be weird if they went from fairy to fighting.
    I think Glalie should be Ice/Dark, since it is based on an Oni, and they are evil.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I don't think they will change the relationship between the types we already have, it will just be the Fairy stuff and we'll see what effective and whats not. Could be wrong though.
    Well the first type chart change was mainly to bring Psychic off the "high horse" because in Gen 1, Psychic was too powerful. Gen 2 and on brought Ghost and Dark to be 2x effective to it to bring it down to a more reasonable scale. That's what this new gen 6 type chart is doing with Dragon becoming weak to Fairy. However, the first type chart change didn't just make Psychic weaker, it make Ice weak to Fire, etc. It made the type chart seemingly reasonably fair. That's my point, I was wondering how else the type chart would change, even though this is a Fairy discussion thread.

Page 52 of 350 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast