Page 54 of 350 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 8736

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    In that case the moon pokemon Darkrai, Cresselia, Umbreon and Lunatone should be fairy type.
    I do not see why people link the moon with fairy type, we have had moon pokemon and moves before this.
    I don't agree with Umbreon. Yes, Umbreon's based on the moon since it's a Dark Type and its rings can shine like the moon, especially since it evolves in the dark. Also, the Eeveelutions are supposed to be for each type, Sylveon's one, and I highly suggest for them NOT to change the Dark evolution when it's supposed to balance out Espeon.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    In that case the moon pokemon Darkrai, Cresselia, Umbreon and Lunatone should be fairy type.
    I do not see why people link the moon with fairy type, we have had moon pokemon and moves before this.
    Umbreon no its the dark eevee and Darkrai won't be fairy. if legendary pokemon get new types Cresselia might be but i don't think so xD and lunatone is already psychic rock
    Ani-Chan

Singer/Songwriter

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/animalboikus
    Serebii news: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
    Pokebeach: http://www.pokebeach.com
    Pokemon's youtube: http://www.youtube.com/pokemon

It really annoys me when people state their opinion as fact. Just because you think that no dual-typed Pokemon will become Fairies doesn't mean that it is proven fact.

I would prefer only common dual-type combinations to be changed to include Fairy. By this I mean Normal/Flying, Grass/Poison, Grass/Bug and others. Why should Togekiss remain a type that many find very boring and overdone rather than becoming a Fairy/Flying type.

One thing I'd love is one Pokemon of each type becoming Fairy!
    On Team:,:656:,:661:.

Oak's Lab: x30
    ()
    In Training:
    Released:

Advice to the writers for the 6th Gen:
    1. Give a fair distribution of screentime and battles- No Pika-Hogging.
    2. Give Ash as many Pokemon as you will bother with, and no more.
    3. Evolution is nothing to be scared of. Especially evolve Starters, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Goukazaru51 View Post
    I would like for the type to not be too overbearing. For example Johto had 6 Dark Types and 6 Steel Types. Now I'm not saying that there should only be 12, but at the same time I would like for Game Freak make it seem like a new type and try to integrate it at a moderate level. For example, don't change too many old Pokémon and keep the majority of the Fairy type within Gen 6.
    There were 251 Pokemon then, meaning roughly 5% were of the new types. This gen there are going to be 750 give or take. Using that gens rate, would make for about 38 Fairy Pokemon, if you want to split that in half for the one new type, making 19 Fairy Pokemon. Honestly, I'd like a few more than that even, but 15-20 would be the most reasonable amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Storm View Post
    There were 251 Pokemon then, meaning roughly 5% were of the new types. This gen there are going to be 750 give or take. Using that gens rate, would make for about 38 Fairy Pokemon, if you want to split that in half for the one new type, making 19 Fairy Pokemon. Honestly, I'd like a few more than that even, but 15-20 would be the most reasonable amount.
    I agree, I was saying I wanted more than 12 if I didn't sound clear, I apologize. But yes 15-20 with the majority being gen 6 and the minority being some retyping would be reasonable and appropriate IMO.

I agree, I was saying I wanted more than 12 if I didn't sound clear, I apologize. But yes 15-20 with the majority being gen 6 and the minority being some retyping would be reasonable and appropriate IMO.
    12-20 is a good amount xD as much as i like the fairy type. i don't want the game and anime to be full of them o.o just enough to be the same amount of dragon or a bit less
    Ani-Chan

Singer/Songwriter

Quote Originally Posted by SkittySkitty View Post
    12-20 is a good amount xD as much as i like the fairy type. i don't want the game and anime to be full of them o.o just enough to be the same amount of dragon or a bit less
    Well seeing as how there are 33 Dragon Pokémon, I would hope for less than that haha. IMHO, Steel and Dark were interesting to choose from in Gen 2 because of their rarity of only being 12 combined. (With two being retyped with Magnemite and Mageneton) So with a much much larger sample size in gen 6, 20 seems likely as a high estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gipauchii View Post
    In fairy tales, fairies have the power to destroy dragons.
    Not at all. In fact, fairies don't even exist in most fairy tales(the ones that aren't actually old horror stories at least) or knight errant stories, let alone encounter dragons. The only case that I could find was the Faerie Queenie, where Queen of Fairies sends out a knight to slay a dragon.* In addition, some dragons are actually categorized as fairies, such as theknockers.

Really, the logic behind fairies being super effective against dragons is not much more than having a type to balance the metagame, as well as the contrast between the stereotypical fairies and stereotypical dragons which teaches the incredibly shonen lessons of "Appearance isn't everything!", "Size isn't everything!" and "True strength comes from inside!" and all that jazz... even though we know there are antagonistic fairies and benevolent dragons.

*Though if anybody comes with an solid old folklore tale featuring a fairy beating a dragon, I will obviously accept this recurring comment.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Well seeing as how there are 33 Dragon Pokémon, I would hope for less than that haha. IMHO, Steel and Dark were interesting to choose from in Gen 2 because of their rarity of only being 12 combined. (With two being retyped with Magnemite and Mageneton) So with a much much larger sample size in gen 6, 20 seems likely as a high estimate.
    Yeah i would say 15-20 Fairy Type Pokemon in Gen 6 is enough..i just hope not a lot of them a Pure Fairy and have unque types..

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Yeah i would say 15-20 Fairy Type Pokemon in Gen 6 is enough..i just hope not a lot of them a Pure Fairy and have unque types..
    Correct, besides the more obvious type combos of Fairy/Flying or Fairy/Grass I have seen some interesting ideas on this forum with Dark/Fairy that would be very interesting.

Correct, besides the more obvious type combos of Fairy/Flying or Fairy/Grass I have seen some interesting ideas on this forum with Dark/Fairy that would be very interesting.
    As as we get to see a Fairy/Steel and Fairy/Fire Pokemon..i will be glad..also Fairy/Poison..

For some reason I'd like to see Game Freak stick to more basic typings. By that I don't mean everything should be pure Fairy, Fairy/Grass, etc. only, but—with this being the first generation to introduce the new type—I feel like some really creative typings would just be... I dunno—akward, I guess.

But that's just my weird opinion.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Oh, I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with you, just adding to the discussion with the averages. Definitely agree that the majority should be new gen 6ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    For some reason I'd like to see Game Freak stick to more basic typings. By that I don't mean everything should be pure Fairy, Fairy/Grass, etc. only, but—with this being the first generation to introduce the new type—I feel like some really creative typings would just be... I dunno—akward, I guess.

I really don't like Basic Typings because they limit the moveselts of the Pokemon..

Electric/Steel
    Bug/Steel
    Steel/Ground
    Steel/Flying
    Dark
    Dark/Flying
    Dark/Ice
    Dark/Fire
    Rock/Dark

That's 9 combinations in Gen 2. It wouldn't be that awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I really don't like Basic Typings because they limit the moveselts of the Pokemon..
    Not really. Look at Lugia, for instance.

Wait... what do you think about Grass Types learning Fairy moves? They're both involved with Nature, so Grass types may learn some Fairy moves like Fairy Wind.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Not really. Look at Lugia, for instance.
    I believe he was meaning one type. Lugia is Psychic/Flying but also has the advantage of being legendary so it's movepool is going to be decent at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    Wait... what do you think about Grass Types learning Fairy moves? They're both involved with Nature, so Grass types may learn some Fairy moves like Fairy Wind.
    And normal types learning fairy moves. since most normal types can learn alot of moves xD zigzagoon
    Ani-Chan

Singer/Songwriter

I believe he was meaning one type. Lugia is Psychic/Flying but also has the advantage of being legendary so it's movepool is going to be decent at best.
    Regardless, there's still a lot of Dragon type Pokémon that are able to learn a plethora of moves besides those that are just Dragon, Normal, etc.
    My point is that a limited typing doesn't have to imply a limited movepool.

Regardless, there's still a lot of Dragon type Pokémon that are able to learn a plethora of moves besides those that are just Dragon, Normal, etc.
    My point is that a limited typing doesn't have to imply a limited movepool.
    Which is correct. Some Pokémon are blessed with wonderful movepools while others pretty much have next to nothing outside of their primary type.

Which is correct. Some Pokémon are blessed with wonderful movepools while others pretty much have next to nothing outside of their primary type.
    It's a shame, some awful Pokemon have great movesets, and some Pokemon that could be great, or at very least usable, have awful moves.

I wonder how they will handle Jirachi and Celebi. Particularly the latter is very much like a fairy. And what about Togepi's evolutions? They should do some re-typing of Normal or Psychic Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rensch View Post
    I wonder how they will handle Jirachi and Celebi. Particularly the latter is very much like a fairy. And what about Togepi's evolutions? They should do some re-typing of Normal or Psychic Pokemon.
    I see Jirachi staying put as Steel/Psychic and Celebi as Psychic/Grass. Togepi line, IMHO should have normal swapped with Fairy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rensch View Post
    Retype Togetic or Togekiss? Sure. Retype Celebi or Jirachi? Oh God, please no. Both Pokémon have already been established and promoted within the series as Psychic/Grass and Steel/Psychic Pokémon, respectively, so doing so would just be messy and pointless regardless of what they may or may not resemble.

Page 54 of 350 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast