Page 6 of 350 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

I'd be really surprised if we didn't get a Fairy Psuedo the Gen.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    It was made well know thats part of the rumor were made up to cover the leaker so it's still has to be taken with a grain of salt. Plus nothing is final until we have confirmation
    Didn't knew that.

Hope at least the Poison part is true. I think Normal type should be resistant aginst Fairy attacks, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Will5iam View Post
    I think Milotic might become Fairy type, even though I think it should become Water/Dragon.
    I agree with this completely.

Also, I know it's entirely weird and illogical to want this to happen, but I really wish they'd make Mew a fairy type. Or Celebi.

{{Currently Attempting to Complete the National Dex, Shiny Hunting Put On Hold.}}

1035 - 0365 - 8116 (PKM White)
    2753 - 2488 - 4151 (PKM Black II)

It can be said that certain type are related to one another, let look....

Fire: can be said to be related to Dragon and Electric type
    Ice: related to water type
    Water: Related to Ice type
    Grass: Related to Bug, Ground and Fairy type
    Electric: Quite related to Electric and Fire type
    Dark: Related to Ghost type
    Ghost: Related to Dark and Psychic type
    Psychic: Related to Fighting, Ghost and Fairy Type
    Normal: Related to Fairy type
    Flying: relate with Dragon, Bug and Fairy
    Dragon: related to Flying and Fire type
    Fairy: Related to Psychic, Flying, Grass and Bug type
    Steel: Related to Electric, Ground and Rock type
    Rock: Related to Steel and Ground type
    Ground: Related to Steel, Rock and Grass type.

I kinda get this idea from watching naruto (Water and Earth Jutsu becomes wood jutsu, Wind and Water becomes Ice) and avatar (Earth being to Metal bending and Fire bending to Electric bending) lol

Anyway, I kinda speculate the fairy type weakness and effectiveness....

Offensive:

Strong vs -

Fighting (well, I guess fighting type pokemon have problem hitting something physically that are faster (Flying), have longer reach (Psychic)and more evasive than them (Bug) )

Dragon (guess is like Mouse and Elephant weakness lol, the only thing that seem to be powerful enough to touch dragon are steel (Knight vs Dragon), other Dragon type (dragon type), Ice (cold-bloodedness) and Fairy (Fairies are seen as good and Dragon as a evil destroyer of men in European medieval culture and fairy seem magical, so I guess just like supermen (he is weak against kryptonite, red sun and Magic), Magic are the only thing that can scratch dragon hide)

Dark (Guess Fairy is equal to Light type)

Weak vs

Grass (Fairies have something to do with forest, they pollinate flower, trees and grass, so I guess fairy type attack do not have much effect on grass and giving grass type extra resistance will help to empower grass type)

Psychic (Fairy are kinda related to Psychic and maybe psychic pokemon kinda reflect and deflect magic with their mind.)

Steel (make sense, steel are always strong defensive type and industrialization destroy the forest habitat where fairies thrive in or maybe magic can scratch metal or something, so that make fairy type attack neutral against steel ?)

Fire (not sure why, but Fairy kinda like bug type I guess)

Normal (empower normal type ? make the normal type in most normal/flying combo more useful ?)

Defensive -

Strong vs

Dragon

Dark

Fighting

Ghost

Weak vs

Poison (Fairy kinda like Grass type, so if you pollute nature, the mother earth start dying)

Bug (mmmm, maybe like Dark and Psychic type ??? )

Steel type (doubtful.......) or Grass type (empower the grass type pokemon, maybe kinda like a venus fly trap try to eat tinkerbell or something)
    Last edited by msiew10; 12th June 2013 at 3:26 PM.

I would really like for mawile to become a fairy type i'm not sure why but it seems like it would be a good fit and the ultimate dragon resister

I hope Fairy type won't be to OP. I think the champion is going to specialize in Fairy types, but it might also be the gym that materializes into a room.
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

I haven't really given a opinion on Fairy types yet. I didn't believe in them until confirmed. I suppose I better start clapping to show I believe in fairies. I don't mind them being strong against Dragons. Maybe now I can take a break from always have a Pokemon know Ice attacks in my party, but I hope Poison types are strong against them. Poison Pokemon don't have many strengths these days as many Grass and Bug types have dual types making them take neutral damage to Poison types. And remember Tinker Bell drank poison and it could have killed the little fairy. I also kind of hope Fairies are strong against Water Pokemon, but I'm sure they aren't.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I personally think the 'baby' Pokemon won't be retyped, there type will just change to fairy when they evolve or be added. Like how Azurill becomes just water when it becomes Marill. I forgot to add Audino!
    Yeah that could be happening I guess.

For some reason I can totally see Rapidash being Fairy just for the fact that it's a unicorn lol.

Why has nobody proposed that MEW become a dual-type psychic/fairy? Or is the big 151 untouchable?

It'd be cool if new was a fairy and they dropped it when they made mewtwo. Then the new form of mewtwo is FAIRY mewtwo.
    3DS Friend code: 3308-5963-6343
    Friend Safari- Braixen, Magmar, Charmeleon.
    Looking for a ditto safari- please message me.

Yes New form is Fairy Mewtwo which will screw it over more agent Genosect.

I am hoping for at least one scary fairy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Why has nobody proposed that MEW become a dual-type psychic/fairy? Or is the big 151 untouchable?

It'd be cool if new was a fairy and they dropped it when they made mewtwo. Then the new form of mewtwo is FAIRY mewtwo.
    People have. Also Newtwo has been speculated as being Psychic/Fairy type also

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post

I think Mew is going to become Fairy type. I really hope Mewthree does not become a Fairy type. That would ruin him! If anything I would like him to become Psychic/Ghost. He will probably become Fairy type to make Fairy type seem less girlish.
    Latest Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Werewolf View Post

I don't know, if the rumours are correct, Mewtwo will be weak against both of Genosect's types. That is not really helpful lolol.

I was indeed referring to that rumor. Somebody told me the logic behind it but I still don't get it but then again I'll never understand any of Dragons weaknesses.

Ohh if Arbok evolved into Poison/Dragon and the Poison weakness was true it would rock

I think a good scary fairy should be Ghost or Dark type.

On another note, a Fairy/Ice type would be the ultimate dragon killer. Gamefreak would never do that because it would become to OP. Or they could give it really bad speed or Defense.
    Latest Shiny!

Mewtwo's new form as a fairy-type? That sounds plausible..
    But I hope they won't change Mew or any other legendaries into fairy-Type, even though it woulb be fitting for Jirachi and Celebi

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I haven't really given a opinion on Fairy types yet. I didn't believe in them until confirmed. I suppose I better start clapping to show I believe in fairies. I don't mind them being strong against Dragons. Maybe now I can take a break from always have a Pokemon know Ice attacks in my party, but I hope Poison types are strong against them. Poison Pokemon don't have many strengths these days as many Grass and Bug types have dual types making them take neutral damage to Poison types. And remember Tinker Bell drank poison and it could have killed the little fairy. I also kind of hope Fairies are strong against Water Pokemon, but I'm sure they aren't.
    Agreed, especially on the Water type part. Water type is too OP with so many bulky water due to small number of weaknesses. Add ground type or dragon type and it becomes even more bulky. It can definitely use one more weakness to balance it out. Unlike Electric type, Water type can have a weakness and still be good.

Not sure it's scary but i want a Fairy/Dark type based of Puck from Midsummer Night's Dream

Also i would really love Ground/Fairy pokemon based of a Knocker http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocker_(folklore)

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I actually really want that, hopefully we get 2 pseudos like in hoenn. I'd like a fairy/ dragon pseudo (I know that's not unique but the design possibilities look so cool in my mind) and maybe an Ice/ Electric pseudo.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

I think Fairy type could become a real threat in the Pokemon world. It seems that will have good stats. Do you guys think Fairy type will be more Physical Attack or Special Attack. Personally, I think it will be a Special Attacking type.
    Latest Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    How about Fairy/Poison with Infinite Poison Rain?

Fairies are like.. light 'n stuff, so it'll probably be a Special attacker. I wonder what types are effective against it though

Quote Originally Posted by msiew10 View Post

I kinda get this idea from watching naruto (Water and Earth Jutsu becomes wood jutsu, Wind and Water becomes Ice) and avatar (Earth being to Metal bending and Fire bending to Electric bending) lol
    but u know In Naruto the elements works completly different than pokemnon rules!!

in naruto wind is strong against lighting !!
    and lighting strong against earth!!
    and water weak against ground!!
    3883-6008-7187

I think Fairy type could become a real threat in the Pokemon world. It seems that will have good stats. Do you guys think Fairy type will be more Physical Attack or Special Attack. Personally, I think it will be a Special Attacking type.
    Fairy does sound like a Special Attacking type. It's great to see a new type that takes away some OPness of Dragon types.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

High Special Attack and Special Defense, low Defense, Attack and Mediocre HP and speed

Page 6 of 350 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast