Page 7 of 350 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Fairies are like.. light 'n stuff, so it'll probably be a Special attacker. I wonder what types are effective against it though
    I really hope fairy doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. The purpose to create a Fairy-type is to counter Dragons and maybe other types like fighting. But the purpose would be defeated if it is weak against like the common Fire Blast or Stone Edge.
    Last edited by confuser987; 12th June 2013 at 3:56 PM.

Is there any indication on what fairy type is weak too. I may have missed that if there is.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Fairies are like.. light 'n stuff, so it'll probably be a Special attacker. I wonder what types are effective against it though
    I personally think it will be weak to Dark and Ghost and possibly Poison and Steel
    Latest Shiny!

Found: Route 12
    Method: Chain Fishing
    Date of Catch: 2/14/14
    Currently Hunting: Eevee, Ekans, Skourpi
    Total Shinies: 10

3DS FC: 5429-6844-5288
    Ice FS: Bergmite, Spheal and Lapras

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw View Post
    Is there any indication on what fairy type is weak too. I may have missed that if there is.
    The source said it's weak to steel and poison
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Fairy definately seems like a special attacking type .... speaking of attacks have you noticed the two they have shown have been kind of similar to ice type attacks we have Fairy wind (icy wind) and then moonblast which seems similar to ice beam ahahahhaha

It's also great that Poison types become a bit more relevant now if Fairy types are weak against Poison types.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Will5iam View Post
    I personally think it will be weak to Dark and Ghost and possibly Poison and Steel
    But then wouldn't Hydreigon be neutral to fairy wind in the trailer. I guess they could do a electric and water sort of thing though

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Yes, Poison-Types are practically useless. At least the type in itself. How does it affect the fairies anyway? just poison them? lol

Well I came late to the party. I found this thread and read it.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I do have to say that Togetic/Togekiss will NOT be getting the New type. It changes the resistance factor. How is it that in one generation, Togetic can resist a ground type attack and in the next, it can't? Or that Togetic resisted a ghost type attack and now it can?

I'm sure no dual-type Pokemon Pokemonwill gain this new type. I personally believe Fairy Types will be the bringing down of Dragon types thus changing the competitive tiers DRASTICALLY. prepare to see the depletion of the uber tier thanks to fairies.
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Maybe Fairy Type will get a new weather move called: Moondust. It would be stardust falling down and every turn it can restore you teams health (Like leftovers). The move would last 5 turns, but would last 8 if the user was holding a specific item like a meteorite or a space rock (something like that).
    Latest Shiny!

I thought more of silver wind when i saw Fairy Wind. And it does make you think special attk but I think we will see some that specialize in physical attacking and defense also.

Maybe Fairy Type will get a new weather move called: Moondust. It would be stardust falling down and every turn it can restore you teams health (Like leftovers). The move would last 5 turns, but would last 8 if the user was holding a specific item like a meteorite or a space rock (something like that).
    Blissey would so get that move. That would also probably be banned from competetive play sometime

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    But then wouldn't Hydreigon be neutral to fairy wind in the trailer. I guess they could do a electric and water sort of thing though
    That is true. I did not think of that. I think Fairy will be a game changer though.
    Latest Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    Not exactly, bug takes neutral damage from both dark and psychic even though bug is super effective against them it could be the same case here.

To those who don't know the source claims fairy is resisted by fire and psychic and is immune to dragon while being super effective against dragon, fighting, and dark
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

I don't think Fairies are going to completely wreck Dragons. It still comes down to stats as far as the games goes. Do you really think Jigglypuff is going to have the power to take down Dragonite? Dragons are also notorious for being really versatile move wise, as well as being fast. We're going to need some really good Fairy types this Gen or Pokemon getting retyped need a stat change.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Flygon View Post
    Not exactly, bug takes neutral damage from both dark and psychic even though bug is super effective against them it could be the same case here.

To those who don't know the source claims fairy is resisted by fire and psychic and is immune to dragon while being super effective against dragon, fighting, and dark
    True. Maybe still not sure on it myself but it could work

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I don't think Fairies are going to completely wreck Dragons. It still comes down to stats as far as the games goes. Do you really think Jigglypuff is going to have the power to take down Dragonite? Dragons are also notorious for being really versatile move wise, as well as being fast. We're going to need some really good Fairy types this Gen or Pokemon getting retyped need a stat change.
    Azumarill would be the big killer i thing if Fairy is immune to Dragon. Huge power plus ice punch plus Dragon strongest moves not hitting equals pain

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    Well dark and steel didn't completely wreck psychics either, they just helped water down how unbalanced the type was. My issue wasn't the dragon type as a whole but all the legendary ones. The legendary ones were the true imbalance IMO

I just want the Clefairy, Snubull, and Togepi lines to be retyped. Everything else should be new.

My main concern with retyping is that we might get over-saturated with a type that might not even be that good in retrospect. Being Super Effective against Dragon looks good on paper but it could go one of two ways depending on the Weakness/Resistances/Immunities and the Pokemon that actually are retyped. We could have a Dragon Slaying Type or we could have another Ice Type on our hands. Since they made it clear what they hope to accomplish they have to approach the possible retyping carefully.

The aim of Fairy Type is to combat Dragons, right? A lot of the older Pokemon like Wigglytuff, Clefable, and Azumarill just aren't as strong as they could've been since they were created during a time when the Metagame was taken less seriously. I'd imagine even with the buff they've have a hard time standing out competitively. The best route to take would be to create some new Pokemon or New Evolutions that are built to take on Dragon Types. Unless they go the unconventional route and make some older Pokemon who are clearly not Fairy into Fairy Type we'd be short on effective Fairy Sweepers ... of any sort. Most of these Pokemon couldn't do much even if given the chance to set up.

Just for kicks I ran through the Fairy Egg Group to see what could be done. It wasn't very promising. Note that I don't think all of this Pokemon should get Fairy. I just guessed what they could do against dragons speculatively. It wasn't pretty.

Clefable - Outclassed by Blissey, but found a niche with Magic Guard. Possible.
    Wigglytuff - Has a worse movepool and stat distribution than Clefable and inferior abilities. Unlikely.
    Blissey - Has found a comfortable niche as a Support Pokemon. Speculative Dragon Immunity could help.
    Plusle - Absolutely useless.
    Minun - Absolutely useless, the sequel.
    Audino - Rengerator could be useful, but she can't get any kills off her Attack stats. Unlikely.
    Raichu - They might decide to buff Pikachu and buff Raichu by coincidence. Could switch in and set up if Fairy gets an Immunity.
    Togekiss - Togekiss has both the stats and the movepool to be a contender.
    Azumarill - Very slow, but has the offensive capability thanks to Huge Power.
    Jumpluff - Fast even without Chlorophyll, but has a movepool more suited for Support.
    Granbull - A slow Pokemon with terrible defenses. Won't be able to use that Attack often.
    Breloom - Already in OU with a different role. I think it's doing fine the way it us.
    Delcatty - Probable only because GF tried to buff it two Generations in a row. It needs an Evolution to compete.
    Mawile - In the same boat as Delcatty. Fairy/Steel could be usable thanks to the latter's resistances.
    Roserade - One of the few who could be great if it wasn't changed ... on the condition that the Poison weakness is true.
    Pachirisu - Can't do anything offensively. Can only run Support in the lower tiers because it's fast.
    Cherrim - There are better Sun Sweepers, but it could benefit from something to get past the weak dragons in the lower tiers.
    Froslass - Ghost grants her two Immunities and she already has Ice STAB. Good enough as is, I think.
    Phione - Anything can help Phione, but it's not good enough to compete against the stronger dragons.
    Manaphy - lol
    Whimsicott - Prankster and the right moves can make it especially dangerous. Possible.
    Gardevoir - Not in the Egg Group but already getting Fairy. She's not going to take a physical hit well so let's hope they get the Immunity. Even so, there's Dragonite with Extremespeed.

Fun Fact - I completely overlooked Mawhile during the first pass.

Fairy Re-Type List

Pokemon:

Pikachu (Electric/Fairy)
    Raichu (Electric/Fairy)
    Clefairy (Normal/Fairy)
    Clefable (Normal/Fairy)
    Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy)
    Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)
    Snubull (Fairy)
    Granbull (Fairy)
    Marill (Water/Fairy)
    Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
    Pichu (Electric/Fairy)
    Cleffa (Normal/Fairy)
    Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy)
    Togepi (Fairy)
    Togetic (Fairy/Flying)
    Plusle/Minun (Electric/Fairy)
    Milotic (Water/Fairy)
    Glalie (Ice/Fairy)
    Mawile (Steel/Fairy)
    Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)
    Togekiss (Fairy/Flying)
    Azelf/Uxie/Mesperit (Psychic/Fairy)
    Jirachi (Steel/Fairy)
    Audino (Normal/Fairy)
    Lilligant/Whimsicott (Grass/Fairy)

29 Re-Types. Not too shabby, only 29 Re-Types out of 649! Not even a twenty-ith!

Snub and Gran are only pure Fairy to keep the Normal/Fairy low. Clefairy retains normal to continue parrelel-ing Jigglypuff.

Move Re-Types

Wish
    Healing Wish
    Moonlight
    Heal Pulse

Only four. Not too bad.

Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Fairy Re-Type List

Pokemon:

Pikachu (Electric/Fairy)
    Raichu (Electric/Fairy)
    Clefairy (Normal/Fairy)
    Clefable (Normal/Fairy)
    Marill (Water/Fairy)
    Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
    Pichu (Electric/Fairy)
    Cleffa (Normal/Fairy)
    Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy)
    Togepi (Fairy)
    Togetic (Fairy/Flying)
    Milotic (Water/Fairy)
    Glalie (Ice/Fairy)
    Mawile (Steel/Fairy)
    Togekiss (Fairy/Flying)
    Jirachi (Steel/Fairy)
    Audino (Normal/Fairy)

27 Re-Types. Not too shabby, only 27 Re-Types out of 649! Not even a twenty-ith!

Move Re-Types

Wish
    Healing Wish
    Moonlight
    Heal Pulse

Only four. Not too bad.

Just my opinion
    I agree with everything except pika, that line should stay pure but it would be a cool anime episode if ash went to Kalos and turned to pikachu like "hey! Why didn't you tell me you're part fairy?" and Pika's like "I didn't know"

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Fairy Re-Type List

Pokemon:

Pikachu (Electric/Fairy)
    Raichu (Electric/Fairy)
    Clefairy (Normal/Fairy)
    Clefable (Normal/Fairy)
    Snubull (Fairy)
    Granbull (Fairy)
    Marill (Water/Fairy)
    Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
    Pichu (Electric/Fairy)
    Cleffa (Normal/Fairy)
    Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy)
    Togepi (Fairy)
    Togetic (Fairy/Flying)
    Milotic (Water/Fairy)
    Glalie (Ice/Fairy)
    Mawile (Steel/Fairy)
    Togekiss (Fairy/Flying)
    Jirachi (Steel/Fairy)
    Audino (Normal/Fairy)

29 Re-Types. Not too shabby, only 29 Re-Types out of 649! Not even a twenty-ith!

Snub and Gran are only pure Fairy to keep the Normal/Fairy low. Clefairy retains normal to continue parrelel-ing Jigglypuff.

Move Re-Types

Wish
    Healing Wish
    Moonlight
    Heal Pulse

Only four. Not too bad.

Just my opinion
    Agree with almost all of those but I really can't see much Fairyness in Glalie.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

i dont really get how fairy's are super effective to dragon types maybe because of like fairy tales and stuff but anyway i dont mind a fairy type but it's not my favorite type. I wonder what there weaknesses will be.
    I love every Pokemon!

I don't think that Pika will be re-classed to a Electric/Fairy type. Also I do not see Glalie as a Fairy type. Maybe the move meteor mash will be re-classed to a Fairy type move.
    Latest Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonmaster99325 View Post
    i dont really get how fairy's are super effective to dragon types maybe because of like fairy tales and stuff but anyway i dont mind a fairy type but it's not my favorite type. I wonder what there weaknesses will be.
    Fairies are beings of magic while dragons are well known as creatures immune to sorcery, so you're right fairy doesn't make much sense but I see it like this:

Pokemon fairies are extremely powerful with sorcery while pokemon dragons aren't as powerful. We have weirder type relations out there.

I don't think that Pika will be re-classed to a Electric/Fairy type. Also I do not see Glalie as a Fairy type. Maybe the move meteor mash will be re-classed to a Fairy type move.
    That move was made to give metagross something outside of metal claw to use offensively, I think meteor mash would best stay steel type, metagross doesn't deserve his move to get jacked. But hey, remember the dual type move rumor? Maybe meteor mash can be part fairy while also being steel
    Last edited by Mystic Flygon; 12th June 2013 at 4:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Agree with almost all of those but I really can't see much Fairyness in Glalie.
    Meh, it's more about its origins Or supposed origins... I swear there was a Fairy story...

I guess it is weak to Ice, Ghost and Steel. Maybe resistant to Rock, Ground and Dragon.

Page 7 of 350 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast