Page 9 of 350 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy-type Discussion Thread

If they go with the speculated DNA theme, they could probably come up with some DNA-related reason for the new type showing up. Some character could probably show up and say "hey, some scientists created a device or something that awakened some kind of dormant gene in certain Pokemon and now there are Fairy types. Deal with it."

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteBlair View Post
    Fairy type is not super-effective against Dark.

Here is my idea. Gardevoir is a Psychic/Fairy type with a decent special attack stat. Hydregion is Dark/Dragon type and it is shown that they are battling at the same level, LV.50. If Gardevoir used Fairy Wind in order to attack the Hyderigon, which has a great special attack, it would have KO'd Hydregion, considering Fairy type is both super effective to Dragon and Dark. However, unlikely, it is seen that after the attack Hydreigon has around 50-55 HP with yellow-orange coloured HP bar. I don't think if a x4 type of attack would leave this amount of HP after it is used. So,

Either Fairy Wind has very low power or Dark is not super effected by Fairy Types.
    You know, that's a legit observation. Good catch! Let's pray for the souls of our beloved Dark-types...

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    hopefully this will give Azumarill some extra moves currently its only good moves to abuse with Huge Power are Return, Body Slam, Superpower, Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Waterfall and Ice Punch
    Its ONLY good moves? Don't get me wrong, I want some good Fairy-type physical STABs for Zumaree, too. However, those options are plenty good enough for Azumarill by themselves.

I imagine the fairy-type has always been here but the other regions haven't known of it until now. Kind of like the coelacanth of recent years.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

It's nice that Dragons are finally having a new counter. Now this doesn't mean all Dragons will be useless (well ok maybe Vibrava) but I can see Salamence dropping down in the rankings now. At least the Latis and Reshiram are safe, assuming the rumor is all true about how Fairy is resisted.

Figured I may as well put my tree-fiddy in regarding Fairy type.

Retypings

I truly don't expect all THAT many retypings beyond the ones already announced. I also don't see more than one or two dual-typed pokemon getting retyped, and most likely none of the legendaries. That said, I'm thinking the following possibilities (though not likely all of them):

Gen 1 - Clefairy (Fairy), Clefable (Fairy), Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy), Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy), Dratini (Dragon/Fairy), Dragonair (Dragon/Fairy), Dragonite (Dragon/Fairy)
    Gen 2 - Cleffa (Fairy), Igglybuff (Normal/Fairy), Togepi (Fairy), Togetic (Fairy/Flying), Marill (Water/Fairy), Azumarill (Water/Fairy)
    Gen 3 - Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy), Azurill (Fairy), Mawile (Steel/Fairy), Plusle (Electric/Fairy), Minun (Electric/Fairy), Volbeat (Bug/Fairy), Illumise (Bug/Fairy)
    Gen 4 - Togekiss (Fairy/Flying), Uxie (Psychic/Fairy), Mesprit (Psychic/Fairy), Azelf (Psychic/Fairy)
    Gen 5 - Roggenrola (Rock/Fairy), Boldore (Rock/Fairy), Gigalith (Rock/Fairy), Whimsicott (Grass/Fairy), Vanillite (Ice/Fairy), Vanillish (Ice/Fairy), Vanilluxe (Ice/Fairy)

I suspect the retyping that'd be the most controversial out of my ideas would be Dragonite line, as it'd bar Dragonite from Flying battles and somewhat messes with a classic pokemon most might no want touched. However, it makes some sense to me, as the Dratini line feels the most fairy-like to me. Unless they plan the pseudo-legendary to be a Dragon/Fairy, of course. For some reason, something about the Roggenrola line strikes me as fairy-like as well, which is why I included them. Chansey works better as pure Normal though, I think, as well as Ralts/Kirlia working as pure Psychics.

Weakness/Resistance

One thing I've taken note of is now many dual-type Normal types there are. We've always had Normal/Flying of course, but splicing it with other types is a practice that's been picking up steam. Back when Girafarig came out, it made sense only in that Girafarig was based on having two opposite sides to one single pokemon. It was unusual when Bibarel came along, too, making it actually unique. However, then they added Deerling as Normal/Grass and Meloetta as Normal/Psychic or Normal/Fighting. And now we have two known common pokemon - Helioptile and Shishiko - who are Normal splices (Normal/Electric and Normal/Fire, respectively) and the Jigglypuff line was announced to retain its Normal typing despite having Fairy added. This leads me to the conclusion that Normal is going to have some interaction with Fairy, most likely being one of its weaknesses and possibly resisting it as well. Taking that, along with the known Dragon super-effectiveness and other things I personally think could be done to balance, I'm expecting the following:

Super Effective against: Ghost, Dragon
    Not Very Effective against: Normal, Ice, Poison, Steel
    Weak against: Normal, Poison, Flying
    Resistant against: Fighting, Ground, Psychic, Dark
    Immune against: -

I don't think too many Pokemon will be retyped as Fairy, but there'll be enough to use throughout the game. Like between retyped Fairies and new ones, maybe about 10-15 evolutionary lines (at least 6 of which should be in the Kalos Dex, but they can leave a few for post game).

In regards to specific ones, I think the following will almost definitely be retyped:

Clefairy- Fairy or Normal/Fairy
    Audino- Normal/Fairy
    Togekiss- Fairy/Flying

That would give us 8 already, so we'd need about 2-7 more and we should be good. Side note, I think Furabebe will evolve into Fairy/Grass, I'm a bit surprised it's not one already.

Also, I'm curious about it's exact relationship in the type chart. We know it's strong against Dragon, but Smash has implied other relationships. Anyone remember them? Sylveon is likely pure Fairy, so knowing its strengths and weaknesses would give us greater insight into how Fairy would fit into the type chart. I remember it being weak to Poison, which is good, because Poison could use an extra type advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    I would LOVE it if Pikachu became Electric/Fairy! Shake up our childhoods, Gamefreak!
    You realize that if Game Freak does this, they will open up a can of worms & all hell will break loose, right? I personally feel that if Pikachu becomes part Fairy type, the reactions will be even more harsh and severe than the bronies during the whole Alicorn Twilight thing (not trying to bash anyone, just giving a good comparison)

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Seeing that Tyrunt is trying to make friends with the other pokémon, but is acting a little too pushy
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Does anybody think that the Fairy-type is the anti-blasphemous version of the once-rumored Light-type? I think so. It would explain Gardevoir being Fairy-type, as her name means Guardian of Sight in French, so she's a French psychic guardian angel, hence Light--erm, I mean, Fairy--type. Kind of like how angelic monster cards in YuGiOh are fairy-classed, and demonic monster cards are fiend-classed.

Although Fairy does indeed have several meanings beyond the aforementioned. Fairy-like Pokémon like Clefairy (who even bears the word in its name) and Jigglypuff have existed since Gen1, so it's reasonable that a more fantastical definition of the term "fairy" can also be retroactively applied to existing Pokémon, one that doesn't imply that the Pokémon is angelic, but rather, a magical being.

I have no objections to the officially confirmed Fairy typing of old Pokémon like Marill and Jigglypuff, nor do I think the fans' suggestions for old Pokémon getting Fairy typing, like Togepi's line, the Mew/Celebi-style legendaries, the Sinnoh lake trio, or other Pokémon like Mawile/Snubbull/Skitty, are incorrect or out-of-place. I agree that Milotic, Clefable, and Phione should be Fairy-type, too.

I don't agree with making Absol, Snorunt/Glalie, and Misdreavus/Mismagius Fairy-types, tho. I think they'd be weird as Fairy-types, especially Glalie, who's always struck me as an Ice/Dark Jason Voorhees-style Pokémon. Don't get me wrong--if TCPI/GF found a way to make it work, I'd be all for it. I'd still think it weird that they went that route with those Pokémon, but I wouldn't complain.

I have a feeling that Milotic is also going to get this Fairy type.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    I have a feeling that Milotic is also going to get this Fairy type.
    My thoughts too. It's a pretty good candidate.

Fairy - Type. I still can't believe it. After all these years, I thought up of new types for future gens: Wind, Heart, Light, Virus; and fairy never even entered my mind.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

It seens to me that, to game freak, round creatures with small arms and legs are fairy like. If you look at the fairy egg group, many of the pokemon there are round with small arms and legs. Egg groups are usually associated with body shapes. Ex: most dragons are reptilian. So most lizard like pokemon pokemon are in dragon egg group. Not all of them have a dragon TYPE, thoug. I think many fairy type pokemon will be round with small arms and legs, so we could say that marill is a fairy like mouse, and jiglypuff is fairy like too.

The whole Clefairy and Snubull evolution line should have the Fairy-type. :P

Right off of the top of my head, I think the following, and their evolutionary realitives, should be retyped as Fairy (or gain Fairy as a second type):
    Clefairy
    Chansey
    Snubble
    Togepi
    Dunsparce
    Plusle/Minum
    Mawile
    Skitty
    Celebi
    Audino
    Misdrevous
    (template from Jerkfighter)

don't you hate it when you don't really like memes but you feel one will help you illustrate your idea? I'm having that situation with my random thoughts regarding Haxorus, the girl with the Brown Marilyn Monroe hair.

What if Haxorus isn't Dragon/steel

So he wouldn't be the Fairy Buster.

I really think they should have gone with Light instead of Fairy. It's basically the same thing, only Light sound cooler.

The Fairies will be all the bad Pokemon we've all forgotten, it appears

Quote Originally Posted by Beloberto View Post
    Why are we pretending we don't know Fairy weaknesses since it leaked 4 months ago?

Assuming the Fairy type (and a lot else) in the same leak was confirmed, shouldn't we take the type chart as basically confirmed as well?

And what the leak said was: "Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it."
    One of the first thoughts I had upon hearing of the Fairy type was that it would be really nice if it was weak to Poison. Since there has so far been little motivation to use Steel type attacks competitively, I guess it would be cool if Fairy Pokémon had a Steel weakness as well. A full-on immunity to Dragon would be a bit of a surprise, but also partially satisfying (it's been tough putting up with powerful Outrages and Draco Meteors and only having Steel's simple resistance to take them). This next is probably a bias of mine, but I'd be glad to see Fairy super-effective against Fighting; that type needs to be knocked down a step in the competitive game, imo, so Dark types like Umbreon can feel a little safer joining the fray. Speaking of the Dark type, I'd also be pretty surprised if Fairy was super-effective against it - Gardevoir's STAB Fairy Wind couldn't KO a Hydreigon, who's 4x weak to it? No, I think and hope that Fairy is neutral against Dark - if it were super-effective I'd be disappointed. As far as Fire and Psychic resisting the type, I'll just wait to see how much of this news is confirmed. I suppose Fire types could use another resistance since it's pretty tough to use them defensively as it stands, but I've no strong hopes about it either way. Plus, I sure hope Fairy has some other resistances besides Dragon - that'd seem like a waste.

I guess a summary of my specific wishes for the Fairy type would be as follows: weak to Poison; resistant to Dragon; super-effective against Dragon and Fighting; resisted by Grass. Yeah, I think those relationships, at a minimum, would satisfy my personal preferences. But if the above rumors are true, it looks like I can't look forward to too much of them, heh. And it'll be a lot of fun to see how the gameplay is affected by the new type regardless of what they do with it.

Finally, like someone else said, it took me by a surprise to see Jigglypuff listed as freshly Fairy-typed and specifically not Clefairy. I'm sure a great many Pokémon players, when told that some old Pokémon are going to be the Fairy type, immediately thought of the only Pokémon with "fairy" in its name. Did the Nintendo folks think that would be too predictable a reveal? On the other hand, if it turns out Clefairy is not a Fairy type, I will be bewildered.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    I really think they should have gone with Light instead of Fairy. It's basically the same thing, only Light sound cooler.
    Nah, I think they should of called it "Mythic" or "Magic". I think if they called it "Light" people would get is confused and would think that stuff like Solar Beam and Morning Sun would be "Light-type" attacks.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

I honestly am excited for fairy arceus.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    Nah, I think they should of called it "Mythic" or "Magic". I think if they called it "Light" people would get is confused and would think that stuff like Solar Beam and Morning Sun would be "Light-type" attacks.
    That's true, that might've caused a lot of confusion.. But still. Fairy...

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    i think "Fae" would of been good to as it would mean things like centaurs and minotaurs could be implemented

To all those who hated 5th gen

If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Meaning mythological stuff in general? That would mesh up as there are already a lot of them, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mtie123 View Post
    i think "Fae" would of been good to as it would mean things like centaurs and minotaurs could be implemented
    I liked "Fae" as well, but Fairy will do. After some time everyone will get used to it and as years pass it'll just be all normal, Pokémon-newcomers might not even realize it's a "new type". I'm just glad that we finally got a new type, it will stop the speculation of new types for at least a couple of generations or more (I hope).
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    It's the smallest and lightest Pokemon...and it has an advantage over Dragon types? o_O
    Ever heard of David and Goliath?

Art by me. TinyTorchic is my baby sister~

Speaking of.. I don't know if this topic were closed or whatever, if Fairy would be Physical or Special attack
    Think of it like this: Eeveelutions are all Special Attack, and Sylveon is aFairy.

And yeah, never underestimate tiny flower-thingy

Page 9 of 350 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast