Thread: What moves do you most miss being able to teach?

Default What moves do you most miss being able to teach?

Okay, so every time a new generation has come out, the ability to teach certain moves to certain pokemon has been lost.
    This is usually through the loss of TM's, such as the loss of BubbleBeam between generations 1 and 2, but also some moves were once egg moves but are no longer so (Water Gun for Phanpy, for example).

By now many old favourites are now long gone. Want to teach that Glalie Water Pulse? Well not if you are playing a fifth generation game! Want your Charizard to know Dragonbreath like Ash's did? You better be playing Gold, Silver of Crystal. How about teaching Gliscor Steel Wing? Not anymore!

So, what moves do you most miss teaching your pokemon?
    For that matter, what moves are you hoping to see return to their TM status in the new games?
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Ah, so many moves lost over the years...

I'd have to say Metronome and Mimic are most missed. Metronome (Generation I TM 35, Emerald Move Tutor) was quite fun to spam. Never worked out well, but it was fun. Mimic (Generation I TM 31, FRLG/Emerald Move Tutor) is only missed in Generation IV due to its ridiculous glitch potential. Who doesn't want a Sp. Atk Salamence with Spacial Rend and Aeroblast? Blame lack of Mimic in Generation IV.

In Generation V, I say the lack of Sucker Punch Move Tutor hurts quite a bit. Now Electrodes can't get Sucker Punch, though it was pretty pointless to start with.

For Generation VI, I'd really want the return of Selfdestruct (Generation I TM 36) and Tri Attack (Generation I TM 49 I think). Quite a few Pokemon can learn Selfdestruct but not Explosion. Mewtwo and Snorlax, for example. And Tri Attack is a decent, respectable move. Oh, and Secret Power (Generation III/IV TM 43). Works great for Serene Grace things. And the best of them all, Softboiled (Generation I TM41). It was so amazing that only one Pokemon was intended for it (Chansey) but a better Pokemon accidentally got the better advantage for it (Mew).
    A recent RNG binge has left quite a few shiny IV 31 all (or practically 31 all) Legendary Pokemon left over, among others.
    I will gladly sell them to those who desire for interesting offers. Since I can RNG, a random shiny is as interesting to me as an ant is to a math professor.
    Shiny, Timid, IV 31 all: , x2
    Shiny, Jolly, IV 31 all:
    Shiny, Jolly, IVs: 31, 31, 31, 24, 31, 31: , , , ,
    Shiny, Timid, IV 31 all: x2
    Timid, IVs: 31, 4?, 31, 31, 26, 31: x6, x5

I remember being really disappointed to hear the 1st gen TMs weren't going to be brought back in the Advanced reboots. I had a lot of fun with my biding charizard and bubblebeaming/thunderbolting clefable of certain doom in Red version, and it was a bummer to find out that Fire Red and Leaf Green didn't give the option of replicating them to be brought into Hoenn.

Not like they would be particularly good competitively, but I don't even play competitively, so I mostly just miss them because I found them funny. Then again, maybe they would be pretty different just due to some of the mechanics being fixed since 1st gen anyway.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

Quote Originally Posted by DX Installation 05 View Post
    In Generation V, I say the lack of Sucker Punch Move Tutor hurts quite a bit. Now Electrodes can't get Sucker Punch, though it was pretty pointless to start with.

For Generation VI, I'd really want the return of Selfdestruct (Generation I TM 36) and Tri Attack (Generation I TM 49 I think). Quite a few Pokemon can learn Selfdestruct but not Explosion. Mewtwo and Snorlax, for example. And Tri Attack is a decent, respectable move. Oh, and Secret Power (Generation III/IV TM 43). Works great for Serene Grace things. And the best of them all, Softboiled (Generation I TM41). It was so amazing that only one Pokemon was intended for it (Chansey) but a better Pokemon accidentally got the better advantage for it (Mew).
    I sorely miss Sucker Punch. Competitively, Hitmontop and even Victreebel saw it as a surprisingly helpful move, so it's a pain if you want to get that move onto them in-game. I do also miss Selfdestruct, even though they brought back in Gale of Darkness as a tutor. Again, this is for the same reason as Sucker Punch. These are the only ones I really miss though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Pay Day...PAY DAY! I taught my Dewgong pay day. It was so stupid yet so fun.
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

Seismic toss. I love that move so much.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    Same. I've played through Gen III games specifically to get to that move tutor.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

i really just miss metronome, because that move is so fun. hopefully metronome will be prominent among fairy types.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    Got to agree with this. I love that move too. but mimic was fun too!
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/atx9xt.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i43.*******.com/2ymj91l.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by IAintObeezy View Post
    Pay Day...PAY DAY! I taught my Dewgong pay day. It was so stupid yet so fun.
    ^this for the lolz-factor all the way

Quote Originally Posted by shadorai View Post
    i really just miss metronome, because that move is so fun. hopefully metronome will be prominent among fairy types.
    Yeah. Only about 2 pokemon in gen 4 had metronome. In gen 5, NOTHING had metronome. It does make sense for the fairy types to learn it. Metronome is so fun to move hoping for a funny move! In a bug type gym I used metronome.... HEAT WAVE! Woo. That's how Scyther died in SS against Bugsy! WOO I WON.
    I also used Metronome in pokemon black 2 with a togekiss and it used SACRAD FIRE,Fushion Bolt and cool moves. I even got swords dance set up in a competitive battle with metronome(I didnt have swords dance on ANY pokemon on my team so I got lucky)

I really miss Seismic Toss. Some people hate it, dunno why but it was actually a cool move. I want Payday back... FOR THE LOLS! FOR THE LOLS!

Iron Tail to Breloom. It actually came in handy more than one would think.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Mega Punch and Mega Kick, especially early-game.

Man. Y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

For me it's BubbleBeam and Body Slam.
    I had the Blue and Yellow versions, and would constantly play blue version as far as the completing the third gym in order to get more and more of these two TM's (and the Thunderbolt TM obviously) and would then steal my brother's game boy so that I could trade pokemon from yellow version over to blue, teach them the moves and then trade back before starting a new game on blue.

The two moves were so useful. BubbleBeam was about the best thing to teach a pokemon not poweful enough to learn Hydro Pump and that you didn't want to lumber with surf. And it wasn't just water types that I taught it to. Clefable, Nidorino, Raticate, anyone really. Also does anyone find it odd that you can no longer upgrade your Squirtle's Bubble attack to Bubblebeam? Or how about Vaporeon being the Bubble Jet Pokemon and not being able to learn it.
    And then there's Body Slam. The Pika Cup tournament in the original Pokemon Stadium game was meant to be easiest, but the number of times I lost because of the fourth trainer's Ninetales, or the fifth trainer's Raichu or Kingler, all of whom always seemed to instantly paralyze everyone one of my pokemon with Body Slam. It was a decent move that far too few pokemon now learn.
    Same goes for Take Down and Double-Edge, actually.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

It's got to be Sky Attack from R/B... Back then, the moves and the animations were really cool.