Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Butterfree and Me! (791)

Default Butterfree and Me! (791)

Ash & Butterfree! Until the Day We Meet Again!!

Arriving on Migration Island, Ash & Co. witness a massive amount of Metapod evolve into Butterfree and fly away, as is tradition on the island. However, as the Butterfree leave, Ash notices a wild Caterpie emerge, having not even evolved into Metapod yet. Remembering his own Butterfree, Ash decides to help the Caterpie to evolve so it can leave on time with its family. However, Caterpie struggles with the training due to its love of sleep, but things get even worse when wild Ursaring appear and start causing hassle. Will Ash be able to help the Caterpie?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The episode starts off with Ash and co. on one of the Decolora ships.

Ash and co. see some Swanna flying away from an island and Ash uses his Pokedex on them.

A new Parker comes by to tell them about Migration island.

They dock at the island and head to a Pokemon center.

They quickly leave and head out to a forrest where Ash notices a bunch of Metapod, who then start to evolve.

Ash uses his Pokedex on the Metapod. They're all staring at the newly evolved Butterfree in awe.

Ash Pokedex's the Butterfree before they fly away.

Ash notices a Caterpie coming out of a bush and tells them about how Caterpie evolve into Metapod and then into Butterfree.

Ash remembers the times he had with his Caterpie and Butterfree.

He then notices that the Caterpie is sleeping.

Ash runs off to call Oak at the Pokemon center and Rotom surprises Ash, before zapping Oak.

Ash then run back to Iris, Cilan and Caterpie.

Ash tries to evolve Caterpie, so he brings out his Leavanny. Ash tells Leavanny to use Energy Ball.

Caterpie runs away I think(or gets blown away).

Ash find Caterpie on a nearby tree branch, scared. The branch break and then the Caterpie fall, Ash catches Caterpie and then crashes into the tree, cradle and all.

Later on, Ash and co. lie on the ground with Catepie, as some Swablu and Altaria fly across the sky.

Ash, Pikachu and Caterpie climb a tree.

Caterpie uses String Shot to swing from tree to tree.

Iris then uses vines to swing, before Ash ends up doing the same thing.

A montage is shown of Ash and co. spending a couple of days with Caterpie.

They eat, walks, sleep and generally spend time together.

In one scene, Ash and co. are in a room at the Pokemon center, where Leavanny has created some leaf clothes for Caterpie.

Dare Da? Butterfree.

Ash and co. walk through a clear forest area, where there are lots of berry tress and bushes around.

They collect some berries and then Ash notices some claw marks on a small tree.

Iris explains to Ash what it was.

An Ursaring is behind Ash and then goes wild and chases Ash and co. around.

Ash hides, but Caterpie's string falls on Ursaring.

Caterpie uses screech I think.

Ash, Caterpie and Pikachu are cornered on a cliff.

Pikachu uses Thunderbolt.

Caterpie uses Tackle and String Shot and then Ursaring is soon defeated.

Caterpie then evolves.

Ash and co. see some Butterfree flying off and Ash and co. then spend a couple of days training Metapod.

Ash and co. are in a filed and nighttime with Metapod and then Team Rocket soon shows up to recite their Motto, before stealing Metapod.

Ash jumps onto the Meowth Balloon, so James brings out Amoonguss to get Ash off.

Metapod gets angry whilst Ash is in trouble and then evolves into a Butterfree.

Ash falls off of the Balloon and then Jessie brings out Woobat.

Pikachu and Butterfree attack Woobat and Amoonguss and then Team Rocket blasts off from Butterfree and Pikachu's attacks.

The next morning, or afternoon, Ash and co. say goodbye to Butterfree who leaves with along with a lot of other Butterfree.

Ash and Pikachu are sad and Butterfree notices. Ash tells Buttefree something, before Butterfree finally decides to leave Ash, Iris and Cilan.

The end.
    Last edited by playerking; 13th June 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Caterpie didn't use Screech but actually mimicked its Pokédex entry

It releases a stench from its red antenna to repel enemies.
    http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/010.shtml

Why couldn't Ash catch this Butterfree? It had Psybeam and Confusion...

The animation was really bad. Sometimes it was laughable. The episode overall was cute but overall unimportant like most of Da! so far unfortunately.

The episode was pretty great.

Caterpie was fun as a character, lazy sleeping when Satoshi wanted to help it evolve to go with his friends.

Satoshi getting Leavanny to help train it was I guess smart? but then he just energy balls the poor thing and it gets scared lol.

WE DO NOT NEED YOU TEAM ROCKET, we just needed the freaking Ursaring or a more the one...well I guess I'm ok, they just appeared helped Butterfree evolve and left but still.

Now the part that annoys me , why didn't he catch it, I know its not promoting anything and the objective was help Butterfree go with its friends to migrate to Kanto or wtvt hey are going, still he passed a week or atleast 5/6 days, training and bonding with it, I wish he would just capture it even if it doesn't do anything, if this was a continuous anime and not a reset every region team anime it probably would have been caugth regardless of generation.

Ignoring this the episode was pretty cool, I always enjoy bonding episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Caterpie uses screech I think.
    The thing that Caterpie did there was something that's mentioned in its Pokedex Entry.

It releases a stench from its red antenna to repel enemies. It grows by molting repeatedly.
    So, in all as a Caterpie it used String Shot and Tackle and as a Butterfree it used Confusion and Psybeam.

Ash is using Leavanny!!!!! I don't expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post

So, in all as a Caterpie it used String Shot and Tackle and as a Butterfree it used Confusion and Psybeam.
    It also used Tackle as Metapod as seen against James' face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    The thing that Caterpie did there was something that's mentioned in its Pokedex Entry.

Yeah .
    It releases a stench from its red antenna to repel enemies. It grows by molting repeatedly.

Surprised Leavanny was in this episode.That means we can see Palpitoad, Boldore in future episodes.
    Looks like Rotom is new Muk..Ending was similiar to Bye-Bye Butterfree episode, but it was still awesome.
    Ash should have trained his Unova pokemons like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Matsuyamakun View Post
    Surprised Leavanny was in this episode.That means we can see Palpitoad, Boldore in future episodes.
    Looks like Rotom is new Muk..Ending was similiar to Bye-Bye Butterfree episode, but it was still awesome.
    Ash should have trained his Unova pokemons like this...
    Or Gible since one is announced as a toy for July, hopefully in the Clair episode Satoshi gets his dragon even if its about Iris and Clair mostly for obvious reasons(dragon trainers, Satoshi already beat Clair).
    Yeah and people saying it wouldn't appear anymore, I said before it was caugth that they can just make it be the new Muk or be Muk companion in beating up the poor old man.
    He trained his pokemon.

Leavanny showing up is the one good part of the episode.

Wait, why did he dex swanna though? He has seen and battled at least few.
    Last edited by yuoke; 13th June 2013 at 1:53 PM.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

So, Rotom's officially & permanently replaced Muk? . . . -_-
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Lol, ash can evolve a caterpie twice in one episode but can't evolve a snivy in over a 100, stay classy writers.

Looking at the episode images, the episode looks absolutely amazing.

The overall plot looks great (although TR showing up was annoying) and the animation style looks great. It looks different and definitely does justice.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Why couldn't Ash catch this Butterfree? It had Psybeam and Confusion...
    Because Ash already had a Butterfree so there was no point in catching another one.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

The animation looks very off. Did an intern do this episode or something?

And ffs, how many times to they plan on rehashing the same motto footage with the same blast off from DA01? If they have to make TR do the same thing over and over they could at least vary these things.

It's also quite disappointing that they haven't managed to pick out the pros and cons to BW TR and pre-BW TR. Having them go missing for episodes and not being used as a plot device was a good thing about BW. It's a shame it's come to a choice between boring but half decently written villains or great characters that are plot devices in every episode.
    Last edited by SlimeStack; 13th June 2013 at 2:18 PM.

I have to say that I did like the first half of the episode and it was enjoyable with all those interactions and the moment with Ash's nostalgia while he was remembering his old friend. But I didn't like at all how they made Ash's reaction exactly the same as before with his Butterfree while this new one was leaving... It looked like their intention was to make the same scenes but remastered in HD (I'm sure it was emotional for those who liked this Caterpie or didn't watched OS) and I was expecting to see in the end a Butterfree with a scarf passing by but disappearing right after it while all his friends went away.

Oh and Team Rocket? We didn't need them at all in this episode...

Question was the move that Butterfree used to save Ash, that was Confusion or Psychic?

The entire episode I was hoping for Butterfree to appear sometime during the episode without it being a flashback. Maybe see Ash and smile while passing by, or just flying alongside Pink Butterfree, but I was waiting for nothing. And then the one flashback kind of killed me down in the gut.

The episode was alright I guess for a filler, but it really just felt like the writers are trying to remake the original series but with a new cast and in a different region, and the one thing they needed to fully remake it was a sad Butterfree episode .

I really like this episode and I though it would be bad. Team Rocket wasn't need for this episode

Caterpie in sewaddle headwrap? *dies from cute overload*

Ahem, anywho... I don't think I saw a single female butterfree in that swarm. Of course all I can see are the screenshots... Bleh.

That was a nice episode sure.....no Hoes before Bros Butterfree but I thought it cool. He trained with a Caterpie (He Remembered his own!) Ran from a Ursaring and even shed some tears when Butterfree left. I think that was the first time he cried around Cilan and Iris which is why she was shocked although they were tears of joy. Although it wasn't what I hoped for it was a very good episode. Now I wait for next week.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Question was the move that Butterfree used to save Ash, that was Confusion or Psychic?
    It was Confusion. It learned Confusion and Hyper beam upon evolution.

My 3DS Friend Code is: 4141-3174-0404

Friend Safari is Dragons (Noibat, Sliggoo,Fraxure)

Devoted Pearlshipper and as such I have released Chapter 4 of my new fic :
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9948785...-of-the-tunnel

Quote Originally Posted by Hikatoshi26 View Post
    It was Confusion. It learned Confusion and Psybeam upon evolution.
    Fixed that for you

This episode....well it was entertaining. There were some amazing comical moments. A one or two time watchable as it brings you a chuckle.

My most favorite moment is Cilan trying to climb the vines. Even if the episode itself is not excellent, the episode has showed a few quirks like how Cilan gets tired easily after running a bit etc.

The animation. Now normally I don't talk about animation because I don't have the same artistic observatory skills as a few do, but even I could find many icky moments in this episode. There were too many mistakes especially the when Ash cries. His eyes seem like they abruptly disappear, because they didn't do the shading or whatever well. Ash's face is disfigured for half a second in one scene. Ursaring running away after Thunderbolt seemed to be terrible too. Many more complaints but I will leave that to those who actually care for it.

Caterpie was cute. The point of this episode is pretty simple: Make Ash relive the moments he spent with his Caterpie with a slightly different, lazy Caterpie. In the end, the scene where Butterfree was very emotional, but after watching the original departure, I couldn't feel the same sadness.

But this episode would have had double the sadness had Ash suddenly remember how he departed with his original Butterfree in a similar fashion, and cry for parting the present one and also remembering the one he originally released.

I liked how Iris asks Ash if he is crying but Ash says wiping his tears, "How could I cry in a wonderful moment like this."
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 13th June 2013 at 6:33 PM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast