Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Butterfree and Me! (791)

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    If the dub episode uses Tears After Cloudy Weather during the departure... gah that will bring more feelings than this did. Why can't Ash ever keep a Butterfree?
    But Tears After Cloudy Weather is a background song from the Japanese version, they would only have it if the original had done so as well.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

If the dub episode uses Tears After Cloudy Weather during the departure... gah that will bring more feelings than this did. Why can't Ash ever keep a Butterfree?
    I'd agree with you. In general I've liked the OS JPN BGM more than any of the other series tracks so far.

I'm betting TPCi will just replace the BW JPN BGM with synthesizer music, though. Call it a hunch.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I'd agree with you. In general I've liked the OS JPN BGM more than any of the other series tracks so far.

I'm betting TPCi will just replace the BW JPN BGM with synthesizer music, though. Call it a hunch.
    They've used a few OS Tracks or at least similar sounding ones in this episode...I was actually surprised by one. I don't remember its name and I can't exactly hum it here :x

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    They've used a few OS Tracks or at least similar sounding ones in this episode...I was actually surprised by one. I don't remember its name and I can't exactly hum it here :x
    Yeah, I noticed. That was awesome.

No problem.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

One of the more charming episodes of Best Wishes
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

This was another DA filler as predicted, but it was a good one. I thought the Caterpie was adorable and I loved seeing it sleep. Normally I would've been angry about Ash's forcefulness, but I understood that he wanted to help Caterpie evolve so it could migrate with the others. Still, I thought it was annoying that Ash put that much effort into training a complete stranger yet he can't seem to train his own Pokemon that well. Whatever. I thought Team Rocket was a bit unnecessary, but they weren't too bad. I think the entire confrontation with them was done to show a parallel between this episode and the other Butterfree episode, but it seemed forced. I thought the ending of the episode was sad, but I didn't tear up or anything. Also, did anyone else think those wild Butterfree from near the end of the episode were dead? Like they were lying on the ground and assumed Butterfree slept in trees or something. But yeah, this was a nice, light-hearted episode. I give it seven kisses out of ten.

Seems like a good, emotional episode.

I got a kick at Dento looking terrified on that vine. Omg that was probably the first time he's ever done that (at least on the show). I'm happy Iris showed him how. :3

But the animation was simply horrifying. D8 I don't mean to be mean...but....it made my eyes burn.

EDIT: Sounds like some of the OS music has been remixed.
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 15th June 2013 at 12:46 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

This was an enjoyable episode, I actually felt like the emotion in this episode and all the bonding scenes are what did it for me. The music and scoring it also commendable in its own right. The concept of Migration Island - an island that is the gathering place for migrating Pokemon like Swanna, Butterfree and Tyltalis(And its pre-evolution.) was a nice real-world reference. Inclusion of more migrating bird and butterfly Pokemon like Agehunt would have been nice. Though I'm happy with what I got because generally real life references in Pokemon and treating them like animals in those regards are far and few between.

The Caterpie was quite adorable, its voice-acting and general mannerisms were refreshing with it being lazy as well as gluttonous. A sharp difference from Satoshi's old Caterpie since it was portrayed as being a Pokemon with low confidence and occasionally crying. I liked how Hahakomori appeared since he is a Bug-type too and Pokemon species known for parental actions and naturally playing a role in Caterpie's growth felt more than fitting. I noticed how at the beginning Satoshi was gung-ho on making the Caterpie evolve by battle training but changed up his methods and simply tried to evolve it by gradual light training and bonding. The scene with the Ringuma felt like a breakthrough scene where the Caterpie has come nice amount in strength where its willing to take on a significantly larger Pokemon. It's a nice highlight of Satoshi's caring fashion and the small flashback moment and allusions were a nice way of reinstating the love he's kept for Butterfree even after all this time.

It's amazing how the drawing looked so on point at some moments and so atrocious at others. Mainly at the end of the episode with Team Rocket, Psybeam and Butterfree's flapping wings with Pikachu jumping on its back for examples. The animation for Trancell's evolution was beautiful but the Butterfree evolution animation felt like step down in effort. Looking at the Cocoon's evolution animation you can see the physical change so vividly and beautifully, shame that the bland episode had such beautiful animation and the entertaining one gets the opposite.

Speaking of Team Rocket they were largely unneeded once again, their roles could have easily have been filled by a wild Pokemon of the day like earlier in the episode with Ringuma. I honestly do think the writers are going to put them in every episode again unfortunately. Pretty cool to see the newly-evolved Butterfree could use Psybeam and Confusion and seeing Satoshi commanding it despite not owning it officially, demonstrating the connection they had.

Migration Island certainly seemed....empty...as if Satoshi-tachi had the whole place as their own private island the whole week they were there. Never realized how mobile a cocoon Pokemon could be. Shame the String Shot rendition of Caterpie evolving couldn't be worked into here, it feels more natural and truly makes it feel more like a unique event and milestone. The final scene with Satoshi shedding tears because he likely remembered his own Butterfree was actually a heart string puller and the trumpet music tied the scene together well. We rarely see this kid cry or show and overly out there emotions so that was refreshing.

The animation was mundane but the episode was great. It showed Satoshi as a good trainer outside of actual combat and battle more so in the regard of how much he's willing to invest his time in another Pokemon and how much he loves them in-general. He got into the element of it all with Caterpie and helped it evolve into a Butterfree, we saw him doing it one step at a time, day by day, minute by minute gradually even with its lazy attitude. His considerate nature shined well in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post

Migration Island certainly seemed....empty...as if Satoshi-tachi had the whole place as their own private island the whole week they were there. .
    I find that problem in many episodes. In the introductory N episode, even though many peole were shown boarding the ship, we only saw Satoshi-tachi and N inside. The same goes to a few scenes even in Da! except maybe the Cilan episode.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Why couldn't Ash catch this Butterfree? It had Psybeam and Confusion...

The animation was really bad. Sometimes it was laughable. The episode overall was cute but overall unimportant like most of Da! so far unfortunately.
    Not that it's the only reason, but (probably even after SUCH a long time as it has been) it would seem "wrong" in the anime's world (since pokemon are real creatures in the show obviously) for ash to catch a second of a species he already had before. Perhaps. Again, not that that is nearly the only reason (after all the show hypocritically does not follow the gotta catch em all theme, lol, though that does make sense plot wise), but it's a good point I think.
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

AS: Grovyle, Metang, Swellow, Skitty, Corphish, and "Pikabest"

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafleg View Post
    Not that it's the only reason, but (probably even after SUCH a long time as it has been) it would seem "wrong" in the anime's world (since pokemon are real creatures in the show obviously) for ash to catch a second of a species he already had before. Perhaps. Again, not that that is nearly the only reason (after all the show hypocritically does not follow the gotta catch em all theme, lol, though that does make sense plot wise), but it's a good point I think.
    His 30 Tauros would like to say hi to you.

yes but he only used one of them (and unless I'm wrong he only used it twice, and only one time for a battle, right?). And in that episode he didn't even mean to catch so many (according to the summary every time he threw a ball a tauros like got in the way or something...and no I didn't look the episode up just to respond to you, already knew about that). Besides, my point was really that he would never "replace" or take the spotlight away from one of his pokemon by using the same species in battles...even if it left him.
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

PLEASE NOTE: My one and only 3DS friend code is now 0576 3520 6954, it used to be 0688 5572 5678 but I no longer have that DS, delete that old code if you already have it!
    thought X/Y were amazing, but the widely revolutionary ORAS makes X/Y look like, well, I guess the original Ruby/Sapphire (which were still awesome) ha ha. in early middle of story line, w/ no choice but to progress fairly slowly. if anyone wants to battle or register me (be sure to tell me iso I can get yours) feel free to!

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafleg View Post
    yes but he only used one of them (and unless I'm wrong he only used it twice, and only one time for a battle, right?). And in that episode he didn't even mean to catch so many (according to the summary every time he threw a ball a tauros like got in the way or something...and no I didn't look the episode up just to respond to you, already knew about that). Besides, my point was really that he would never "replace" or take the spotlight away from one of his pokemon by using the same species in battles...even if it left him.
    Even if Ash didn't intend to catch that many Tauros he still caught more than one which means that he tried to continuously replace the ones he caught by accident to have the one he wanted from the start. This situation would be exactly the same in this episode since he would replace a Butterfree long gone with a new one...

My point is exactly this. You can't be sure that he won't ever catch another Pokemon of the same species because there is no rule that doesn't let him do so. Therefore you can't conclude this action would be "wrong" as you said. Anyway, I'm relieved Ash didn't do that with this Butterfree.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Even if Ash didn't intend to catch that many Tauros he still caught more than one which means that he tried to continuously replace the ones he caught by accident to have the one he wanted from the start. This situation would be exactly the same in this episode since he would replace a Butterfree long gone with a new one...

My point is exactly this. You can't be sure that he won't ever catch another Pokemon of the same species because there is no rule that doesn't let him do so. Therefore you can't conclude this action would be "wrong" as you said. Anyway, I'm relieved Ash didn't do that with this Butterfree.
    Well you have a point, and obviously the creators could make anything happen, but all I meant was...well, they are never going to have ash suddenly dislike one of his main pokemon and release it for good, or even send it back to prof oak without a good reason (ie to swap pokemon), right? Even though it "could" happen. That's what I meant by "wrong". Even though it is fantasy, it is still a kid's show and have him be a good person and all...and not like Paul. Just saying...although I just realized that him not catching butterfree also makes sense because ash has never caught a pokemon not native to the region he's in unless it evolves into a native one, like with gligar. And aipom, it was practically at the end of battle frontier and it killed two birds with one stone- it not only would become a sinnoh pokemon, but it following him due to growing really fond of him would let ash already have another pokemon when pikachu is captured/separated from him for an extended period of time.
    Last edited by Pikafleg; 15th June 2013 at 10:25 PM.
    I'm sorta back

Tpci....what is up with you? Like seriously, are they half asleep when putting the intro in the episode? Three times in a row now.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

This is the third episode in a row to use the Episode N opening. But anyway, it was a good episode; they made a nice reference to Ash's Butterfree.

This episode was so nostalgic to me that it actually brought a tear in my eye at the end because i knew Ash was thinking of his Butterfree when it had to leave for migration.

This episode was an interesting one for me. While I did feel it added some depth to Ash and his character, most of it just wasn't very exciting for me. I didn't think the humor was all that good and to be honest, most of it was kinda boring for me. It felt like they took elements from past episodes and threw them together and known of it really stood out for me besides the ending. TR was decent in this episode. I found them bearable, which is good and I liked seeing Amoongus and Woobat again.

Now on Ash, I found him to be a great parental figure to the Caterpie and the emotion really came through at the end. The relationship with Ash and Caterpie was nice. And when Ash cried at the end, I couldn't help but think in that moment, he was thinking of his original Butterfree as well as crying because he was going to miss this Caterpie. It was a really sweet final scene for me and I liked Iris thinking it was cute that Ash cried at the end. I have to admit that I got emotional, too. Mainly because of the fact that Ash had to say goodbye to another Butterfree and I remember how emotional "Bye Bye Buttefree" was. Good final scene but most of the episode was boring IMO. DA! still isn't really winning me over. It seems that most of these episodes have that one good moment and then most of it is boring to sit through.

TCPi, stop trying to trick children into thinking Team Plasma and N are coming back. Pokémon Brain Washing ended several episodes ago.

Ash: Wake up! Hey, maybe I should attack it with Energy Ball! That oughta establish a relationship with me!

How ironic. The Pokémon that Ash urges to evolve isn't completely his. When will he realize the power boost and benefits of evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    TCPi, stop trying to trick children into thinking Team Plasma and N are coming back. Pokémon Brain Washing ended several episodes ago.

Ash: Wake up! Hey, maybe I should attack it with Energy Ball! That oughta establish a relationship with me!

How ironic. The Pokémon that Ash urges to evolve isn't completely his. When will he realize the power boost and benefits of evolution?
    It's just a error, they are not brain washing anyone. Don't take a stupid error seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    It's just a error
    Or maybe.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Or maybe.....
    It is a error, I looked it up. It is a silly error, like anything on tv.

It's just a error, they are not brain washing anyone. Don't take a stupid error seriously.
    It's a really, really bad error that has been done three times now. Who ever edits in the intros at tpci must be half asleep at the time.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

No, no, no. I didn't say they were brainwashing people.

I'm making fun of the fact that everything about Team Plasma was about Colress brainwashing Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    It's a really, really bad error that has been done three times now. Who ever edits in the intros at tpci must be half asleep at the time.
    They are not helf asleep, errors happen all the time, even long running series or short ones.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast