Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Butterfree and Me! (791)

Quote Originally Posted by Garbodor. View Post
    Did anyone else get very teary when watching this episode?
    I was so sad and got quite angry they did not show Ash's buterfree. I wonder why they did not show it.

Sighs... this took me back years and made me remember those original episodes.

Definitely felt something when Butterfree took off and looked back. But like Ash said, why would anyone cry at such an awesome time?"
    +Beauty & Power Behind Every Corner+

Spoiler:- :

One thing I didn't get was their eyes were glowing red during evolution.

One of the only good episodes in the entire BWS2: Da! Series, IMO. Really manages to tug at your heartstrings like an OS episode would.

My only real complaints are:

1) Metapod's current dub voice is poor. I liked its old 4Kids voice a lot more...it just seemed so much more natural.
    2) Cathcart's Professor Oak is annoying, as always.

All in all, I still give it a solid 9/10. One of the only episodes I enjoyed in the Da! arc.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Butterfree separating from Ash was the saddest thing ever, it really grew to love Ash!

And Caterpie battling that Ursaring? That was such a cool and epic picture of the bond that Ash and Caterpie had formed. But that stench attack it used... it couldn't have been Electroweb or Bug Bite? Maybe a different version of Sweet Scent or Struggle Bug (even though it can't learn those).

I definitely recommend and enjoyed this episode very much, a blessing to watch!

9.5/10

God Bless!

EDIT: I just read in Caterpie's B2/W2 flavor text that it releases a stench from its red antennae to repel enemies. There's the answer
    Last edited by HoagiethePokeBreeder; 24th September 2013 at 1:44 AM.
    FC: 5155-8804-5417
    I live my life for the Lord! As such, I'm part of the SPPF-Christian Alliance =)
    If you have any questions about faith, don't hesitate to send me a message!

Great episode. It made me miss Butterfree and I was kind of hoping the new one would go with Ash.

Amazing episode, I really liked it. Iris's "little kid" comment was annoying, but the rest of the episode was great. It was nice to see Ash bonding with the Caterpie and helping it evlove into a Butterfree. I loved the scene where Ash remembered his Butterfree after seeing the Caterpie, but it would be even better if the Caterpie flashbacks were animated. I liked Ash in this episode, it's funny seeing him running into tree just to protect Caterpie. Team Rocket was really annoying in this episode, I hate it when they appear out of nowhere to steal Ash's Pokémon. I'm glad they blasted off.
    The scene where Ash and Butterfree were saying goodbye to each other......was the best the scene of the episode. I'm sure Ash was remembering his own Butterfree when he was parting away with this Butterfree. *Sigh* I think this episode is one of the best Decolore Adventures episodes. It was so nice to see an emotional and heartwarming episode in the BW series after a long time, it reminded me of the episode "Bye Bye Butterfree". I liked The music they played when Ash was parting ways with butterfree. I don't know if it's an Original Japanese BGM, but it's really good.

Ash's Voice Actor Sarah did an awesome job voicing him in this episode. This time she put a lot of emotion in her Ash voice, which made the farewell scene emotional.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 15th November 2013 at 5:00 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I have yet to see this episode, is this Ashs butterfree from Season 1? That would be cool
    Hello there.

Quote Originally Posted by 122 View Post
    I have yet to see this episode, is this Ashs butterfree from Season 1? That would be cool
    No, the Butterfree in this episode is not Ash's, it's another Butterfree. Why don't you watch the episode on YT?
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Not such a secret that this episode tugged on many a man's heart and of mine, for it reminded me of those sleepy childhood days and of that fateful cliff looking out towards the West bathed in the sunset long ago. Here, they're goodbye is welcomed by the breaking of dawn of the East vasty embrace. I weep and I shan't say do not do so for anyone else, for not all tears are an evil.

This was a good episode, though I thought it'd be nice if Ash (maybe) got Butterfree back temporarily.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345