Thread: Skyloft Knights!

Default Skyloft Knights!

The Hero of Legend

Hundreds of thousands of years in the past, there was a place known as Skyloft, a village thriving on an island above the clouds. This island lived in peace for many years, but a prophecy foretold that the village would be in great danger. It told that a demon would rise and attempt to conquer the entire sky, as well as a place known as the surface. The surface is a huge slab of land beneath the clouds that we would consider to be something like earth. Lucky for the people of the sky, the prophecy also foretold of a great hero. The hero came and discovered the surface, revealing it as a liveable though barbaric place. He then, after a tremendous journey and battle, defeated the demon, destroying him for good. From then on, many people began to move to the surface, including the hero himself and his wife. The Skyloft population began to expand. There were however, still monsters and dangerous creatures on the surface. This problem was addressed with the creation of the Skyloft Knight Academy. A school dedicated to training young soldiers to travel to the surface. Origionally this school was seen over by the great hero himself, but not even the hero is immortal. He, just like many of the people involved in the great battle, lived an enriched life and died. The only man still alive from that time is a man named Groose, the mayor and academy instructor of Skyloft.

Welcome to the Academy Maggot!

As a member of the Academy, it is your job to domesticate and police areas of the surface, you will be venturing into unknown territory. That is why we exist, to take the fear out of the unknown. There will be monsters, monsters who feel we are strepping in on their territory. They won't want peace, and we are happy to oblige. You will also be asked to ensure the peace within the sky. There are more places with inhabitants than Skyloft, and you need to ensure that our home turf doesn't meet with any trouble. Don't worry young fella, it may sound like a lot of responsibility, but you have all the resources to succeed. You have the greatest instructor the world has ever known, The Great Groose. Skyloft also has exceptional blacksmith, so that weapon you chose on the first day of training won't be breaking anytime soon. Hmmm, there was something else I must be forgetting....Oh of course! Your Loftwing!

A Knights Best Friend

The main source of transportation for those who live in the sky. Loftwings have existed longer than the legend of the hero. These are very large, strong, and loyal winged creatures. They can very by size, color, and abilities, but all are capable of carrying their owner on their back, and each owner and Loftwing share a special bond. When a villager of Skyloft becomes of age, they stand at the islands sanctuary, (Where a statue of the legendary hero stands.) and await for there Loftwing to arrive. The Loftwing that has chosen the villager will come and the two will perform their first ride together. This solidifies the bond between the two. Loftwing training is one of the focuses of the academy. Students must be able to not only master riding their Loftwing, but be able to perform combat maneuvers mid flight.

And Now

You are a student at the Academy and your class is finally qualified enough to perform missions. You must listen to the two supervisors, as well as the Mayor Groose, and perform well on the surface if you wish to rise through the ranks. Although the world is in a time of peace right now, there is a new prophecy to be told, and you will be a part of it!

Spoiler:- Places:

Rules

1. Follow Dem Serebii Rules
    2. For at the least the first part this RP will go mission to mission, so if you can't be around for a period of time just let me know and we can work around it.
    3. Lost Requiem is Co-GMing this, meaning he can do whatever he wants and has as much power as I do.
    4. Don't bunny people, I won't bunny you unless you are absent or I've discussed it with you.
    5. Your Loftwing will be allowed to have some unnatural powers which I will let you decide. But do not overpower it.
    6. Have fun!

Name:

Appearence: Traditionally Academy attire will be pretty light since you will be flying and moving around a lot. But other than that it's not super uniform so have fun with it.

Personality: Interacting with your teammates will be important so make this beefy.

History: This doesn't have to be super complicated if you don't want it to be. What does your family do and how was your life growing up among the islands, you don't necessarily have to be from Skyloft, but try and pick one of the islands in the sky since the surface isn't considered a totally safe place yet. Just think of Skyloft as the capital.

Weapon This is the weapon you chose and crafted on your first day, definitely have fun and go all out with this since you will have at least this item for the rest of the RP. Oh and everybody should have something different so first come first serve!

For Your Loftwing

Name:

Physical Appearence: No, in this RP having your Loftwing be Crimson doesn't mean anything, they are all unique.

Personality: Loftwings can't really talk, they are sort of like horses, so you can keep this short.

Abilities: Like I said before don't overdo it.

Any Other Information For Anything About Anything:

Maps

Coming soon.

Happy Roleplaying! Any questions feel free to message me or Lit!

Spyrox: WIP
    Lost: Reserved
    Sheps: Reserved
    Comet: Reserved
    Last edited by Sheps™; 14th June 2013 at 5:08 PM.
    Evicted From Home = Retired

Does this require Zelda knowledge? I do own Skyward Sword but really couldn't get into it.

Nope, I wanted to make sure anyone could play it and the plot will not directly follow the Skyword Plot. If I didn't explain anything clear enough please let me know

Put me down for a reserve good sir.

And I assume everyone must by Hylian?

You got it!

I mean, this isn't an exact replica to the games, but at this time in the history of the world there isn't gonna be a lot of racial diversity. So yeah, the main look can be called Hylian for the sake of ease. Hope I answered without confusing you too much!

Ah alright, got it! I'll just post my wip here as a start then. I also went to a Hylian name generator because of reasons.

Name: Viacka Trolhock [Vi-ack-ah Troll-hawk] (Prefers to be called Vi)

Appearance:

To be continued

Personality: Interacting with your teammates will be important so make this beefy.

History: This doesn't have to be super complicated if you don't want it to be. What does your family do and how was your life growing up among the islands, you don't necessarily have to be from Skyloft, but try and pick one of the islands in the sky since the surface isn't considered a totally safe place yet. Just think of Skyloft as the capital.

Weapon: Staff. Vi fights with a long staff made of amber, it has a sort of hook at the end that allows her to grab onto far away objects and fight off people who get in her way.

Loftwing

Name: Tiberius

Physical Appearance: Greyish-blue in color, will elaborate later.

Personality: Loftwings can't really talk, they are sort of like horses, so you can keep this short.

Abilities: Like I said before don't overdo it.

Any Other Information For Anything About Anything:

I would also like a reserve please!

Is there going to be a twist in the plot other than exploring the land below?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Of Course! I will admit I can't do plot twists like the incredible Lost Requiem. So we worked together to make something pretty spectacular!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheps View Post
    Of Course! I will admit I can't do plot twists like the incredible Lost Requiem. So we worked together to make something pretty spectacular!
    OH, Can't wait!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

OP updated, all reserves noted: You guys have plenty of time to work on your SU's.

In the sign up from, does "abilities" refer to the characters abilities or air maneuvers?

Abilities for your Loftwing.

Hm..can I have a reserve for this?
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Yup! Ill put ya down.