Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Ash's Best Battle?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    M$
    Posts
    422

    Default Ash's Best Battle?

    Out of all the battles Ash has had through sixteen seasons, which ones would you say were the most intense and exciting to watch?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    I think the best battle that Ash has had so far was that 6 vs. 6 League battle against that Cooltrainer in Hoenn. I think her name was Jamie or something.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    Name was Katie. which I only remember because it's my nickname.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,321

    Default

    Ash vs Gary
    Ash vs Harrison
    Both Paul 6v6s
    Ash vs Drake
    Ash vs Cameron

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Harrison was the moat exciting, but the final paul ones were better handled by ash.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Ash versus Paul...because it was good,

    Ash vs Paul--Eichi Lake no Full Batoru! (I try my best to write stuff in Japanese..I still suck at it lol)

    Ash versus Gary...because it was epic (although Charizard one shotting Golem spoiled it for me)

    Ash versus Palmer-Grotle's Energy Ball Woomph

    Ash versus Fantina- Countaaar Sheeirudo!

    Ash vs Brandon-Attempt two: Registeel vs Torkoal. (Ash was screaming like heck in Japanese version lol. It was fun)

    Brandon shouting : Haaane Kaiiisiiiiiiiiii was so funny to me :x
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 16th June 2013 at 3:11 PM.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,003

    Default

    Ash VS Paul I'd say because you gotta love a full 6-on-6 battle spread throughout 3 freaking episodes.


    ....and now, her story begins.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,494

    Default

    Ash vs. Blaine round 2, Ash vs. Gary at the Johto League, and Ash vs. Paul at Lake Acuity come to mind.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Inside the GS ball.
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Ash V Gary in the Silver Conference. That battle was just..Ohhh~ love everywhere!

    I've watched it enough times to almost know it by heart...how bad does that make me look...

    NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

    Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vespiqueen View Post
    Out of all the battles Ash has had through sixteen seasons, which ones would you say were the most intense and exciting to watch?
    1. Ash vs Paul (Sinnoh League)
    2. Ash vs Gary (Silver Conference)
    3.Ash vs Drake (Orange Islands)

    Hmm, odd, they're all full battles too.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    1. Ash vs Paul (Sinnoh League)
    2. Ash vs Gary (Silver Conference)
    3.Ash vs Drake (Orange Islands)

    Hmm, odd, they're all full battles too.
    Only full battles carry the true intensity of a Pokemon Battle. Even a bad full battle (like Ash vs Morrison) can be more memorable than a 1 on 1 or three on three battles. I have a hard time remembering the other Ash vs Paul battles except maybe Turtwig versus Honchkrow and Staraptor vs Honchkrow (now this is something I LOVE). Even though Infernape dominating Ash vs Paul was a bit distasteful, it was at least better than Charizard one-shotting a Golem. (I still love Ash vs Gary:x).

    Although, I think Ash's Pokemon (especially in Hoenn) take a lot of hits and survive and finish the battle with a simple move like Pound or Headbutt in one shot. Those stuff make me uneasy.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Ash ve Lt Surge was his best battle, a massive underdog who was still in the early stages of his Pokémon career vs a seasoned veteran, I'm really surprised no one mentioned this yet :P

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    242

    Default

    Ash vs Drake (Hello Pumello/Enter The Dragonite)
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Ash vs Drake (Hello Pumello/Enter The Dragonite)
    This is always one of the first ones that comes to mind when I think of great Pokémon battles. I mean it's the first 6 vs. 6 battle the anime has ever had. I can't even count how many times I watched that on my VHS when I was little.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    I'm obvi choosing Ash VS Gary.

  16. #16

    Default

    Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kalos region
    Posts
    1,174

    Default

    1 - Ash vs. Paul ( Sinnoh league )
    2 - Ash vs. Brandan
    3 - Ash vs. Gary
    4 - Ash vs. Norman
    5 - Ash vs. Drake
    Pokémon XY


    Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

    Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6

    Default

    I have to agree with Ash vs. Paul in eps. 652, 653, 654.... That was epic.... And even the battle with Tobias in in 655, even if Ash did lose pretty quick.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Ash vs. Paul and Ash vs. Gary. A well-written battle against a great rival in a good Pokémon League gives us the best battling. Harrison also gave us a great battle in the Johto League.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Ash and Gary. Definitely.
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

    Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

    Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    43

    Default

    vs Paul and vs Gary are both obviously top contenders in terms of his best battle and I state that they're both his best battles. However, after scouring through the Unova League to find some sense of a good battle, I actually did find one in vs Stephan. Krokodile vs Liepard was pretty freaking epic, I enjoyed Palpitoed vs Zebstrika, (Even if Stephan did abandon all of it's moves for normal type attacks) Leavanny vs Sawk was also freaking epic, and Krokodile vs Sawk, while short, did make me lol with the close line "Aerial Ace". Overall I'd say that was definitely his best battle in Unova and one of his better battles overall.
    Ah light. Isn't it curious how in trillions of years all the light in the universe will be gone. Hope you have a flashlight.

    Games: Pokemon Y, LoZ: ALBW, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    3DS Friend Code: 3952-7603-8923
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Electrode, Stunfisk, and Zebstrika
    Pokemon I'm looking for: Dragonair and Growlithe mainly but anything is fine.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •