Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: BWSP: Mewtwo Awakens Prologue (July 11)

Default BWSP: Mewtwo Awakens Prologue (July 11)

Today it was announced a further image of CoroCoro that in Japan from 1 to 31 July, a Jirachi to be distributed for Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 - the details of this will follow on Saturday at the official website. Moreover Bulbanews learned from CoroCoro that on 11 July at an anime television special entitled ミュウツー - 覚醒 へ の 序章 - Mewtwo-e no Kakusei Josho ("Mewtwo - Prologue to the Awakening") will be shown, probably on the 13th Starting July 16 Movie advertises and will be seen in the obviously the new Mewtu Form.

Wait, so is this in Best wishes, or just a non-canonical thing?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Well here is the post and scan regarding from the movie thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Some thing is coming out on the 11th.

Could this "Mewtwo - The Prologue to its Awakening" end the dispute on whether or not it's the same?

Yes? No?

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Wait, so is this in Best wishes, or just a non-canonical thing?
    Its a prologue, probably what happened to Mewtwo and the Genesect before the movie started.

Sounds fair because not everything can be crammed in the movie. Good move

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Good to know that Thursday wont be a wasted week, like it usually is during a movie week. Usually, that Thursday airs a rerun of the previous movie, if I'm not mistaken. Those movies would have long since already gotten their DVD releases, so it's good we are getting a prologue here instead and that should help going into the 16th movie.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I expected this to be skip in the dub like Mewtwo's origin!!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    i would freak if that happened... should at least give us a story as to why mewtwo has got this new form, hopefully it will be a good story as to why.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard and Astaral Shadow of the Under

I thought Mewtwo's Origins did eventually get dubbed?

Since I'm expecting this movie to be released in theaters in the US too since well, everyone remembers the first Pokemon movie; Why wouldn't they air this prologue? It not only serves as advertising for the movie, but it also has to do with the story

Hopefully we'll get some answers here, like whether or not this Mewtwo is the same one from before and if so, why it sounds like a woman this time around. I'm not expecting much though. I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but this looks like another opportunity for the network to hype Movie 16 and this so-called special might feature more clips and previews from the movie than brand-new material.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    I thought Mewtwo's Origins did eventually get dubbed?
    Yes, it was released as a bonus feature with Mewtwo Returns.

Since I'm expecting this movie to be released in theaters in the US too since well, everyone remembers the first Pokemon movie; Why wouldn't they air this prologue? It not only serves as advertising for the movie, but it also has to do with the story
    I expect it to get a theatrical release around October 12 to supplement the XY hype. Perhaps the Sylveon short will be omitted from the movie and released elsewhere to make room for the Mewtwo special.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    Since I'm expecting this movie to be released in theaters in the US too since well, everyone remembers the first Pokemon movie;
    Are they actually showing Pokémon movies in select theaters? The last Pokémon movie I remember being in theaters was the fourth movie. I'm pretty sure the movies have been shown on Cartoon Network since the ninth movie onward--I could be wrong, though, as I don't have cable, but I've seen footage with the logo in the corner, so...

And even then, I don't think that's reason enough to release this movie into American theaters after so long. It has been over ten years since the first movie came out in theaters. But even if it does get theatrically released out here, I expect it to be for a limited time and in only few theaters, most likely at the dollar theater.

So anyhoo, I find it a bit funny how now it looks like Mewtwo will have a second special episode revolving around him (technically third if you count Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon). But I suppose this is a good call on their part, especially since once the movie's released on Blu-Ray and DVD, it'll be included in the Bonus Features much like how Birth of Mewtwo was for Mewtwo Returns DVD copies. I don't know if I should get my hopes up on it being at least a bit dark. The forest catching on fire according to the picture we have may be as intense at it may get... maybe. Of course, something bigger would have to happen for Mewtwo to unlock his forme, so I imagine he'll get very pissed at something or someone. It's been a long time since the last time he was angry.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

They can just slap it at the beginning of the movie when it's shown on CN. Or make it the new episode that morning.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

This episode features Virgil and his Pokémon Rescue Squad

Virgil and the Eevees... I won't be surprised if Sylveon debuts here. It would make sense. Maybe we'll get to see how Eevee evolves into Sylveon.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    That's cool. I wonder if he'll rub the league win in Ash's face.

Ugh, Virgil gets his own special.

Why does this remind me of the Richie specials they made back in AG?

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    That's cool. I wonder if he'll rub the league win in Ash's face.
    Ash isn't in this special

mewtwo-1.jpg

So this episode is part of adventure in decolora islands?

wow. Virgil being in this got me really interested.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    That is pretty cool. Maybe we'll see Eevee evolve into Sylveon here foreshadowing to them meeting up with Ash in a later Da episode. Will this be airing as the same time as typical pokemon episodes?

Random : PokéRadar

mewtwo-1.jpg

So this episode is part of adventure in decolora islands?
    Huh, it even looks like the animation will be movie quality unlike returns.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Well then, I can't say I expected Virgil.

What I do think is that this increases the chances of it being the same Mewtwo as before. If the special is actually telling a story like an episode, having an entire plot going on with Virgil on top of the necessary origin story for a new Mewtwo would be too much, plus Virgil is a pretty good character to use to help Mewtwo continue to learn how well humans and Pokemon can work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Are they actually showing Pokémon movies in select theaters? The last Pokémon movie I remember being in theaters was the fourth movie. I'm pretty sure the movies have been shown on Cartoon Network since the ninth movie onward--I could be wrong, though, as I don't have cable, but I've seen footage with the logo in the corner, so...

And even then, I don't think that's reason enough to release this movie into American theaters after so long. It has been over ten years since the first movie came out in theaters. But even if it does get theatrically released out here, I expect it to be for a limited time and in only few theaters, most likely at the dollar theater.
    The Victini movie was commercially released for one weekend in December 2011.

What is of particular interest to this discussion, though, is that back in early 2011 during the mall tour to promote BW's release (in other words, the last major cycle of a new generation's release), Zoroark: Master of Illusions was shown at theaters tied to each stop of the tour. The same thing could be done now.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Some not terribly-small pics.

Spoiler:- Img:

Looks like a fire under mewtwo where I guess he'll save the pokemon rescue squad? It's either that or a bunch of eevee's put up a fight with the pokemon who could one shot a gyarados with zero effort.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast