14th June 2013, 12:16 PM
FireRed Team Advice
I'm having a set of matches against a friend soon and need feedback on my team plus advice for an 8th pokemon (the reason why there is 8 is described below). We will be having 3 matches:
- 4 vs 4
- 4 vs 4 (different pokemon)
- 6 vs 6 (with our favourite/best six out of the 8)
No pokemon have moves set in stone yet and only blastoise has been EV trained so thats the only constraint to change as of present. Ohh and the matches will be on FireRed/LeafGreen (for old times sake). Thanks in advance.
My pokemon so far are:
-Blastoise (Calm); 252 HP, 156 Sp Def, 60 Sp Atk, 40 Def
IV = 27 17 27 28 17 26
- not sure (already used earthquake TM on dragonite) maybe rest? or something else defensive?
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance (to set up jolteons thunder)
- Arcanine (Adament); 80 S.Atk, 176 Atk, 252 Speed
IV = 11 31 26 29 18 22
- Iron Tail
- Tyranitar (Adament); 216 Atk, 120 Def, 172 Speed
IV = - - - - - - (Havn't Obtained Yet)
- Icebeam (preferable)/Hyper Beam (cool factor)
- Scizor (Adament); 252 Atk, 252 Hp, 4 Speed - Seems pretty **** but he is a cool pokemon.
IV = 28 30 10 3 2 21
- Sword Dance
- Not sure (agility?)
- Steel Wing
- Jolteon (Modest); 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
IV = 14 30 29 25 6 31
- Thunder (only when blastoise has set up rain dance)
- Baton Pass? [Hidden Power (ghost, Power = 57) so cant really use it]
- Dragonite (Lonely); 252 Atk, 88 Sp Atk, 172 Speed
IV = 4 28 17 29 27 23
- Ice Beam
- Aerial Ace
- Rhydon (Adament); 252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 Speed OR Aerodactyl Here ( i like rhydon better, but aerodactyl would probs be better)
IV = - - - - - - - (Havn't Obtained Yet)
- Double Edge (Rockhead ability)
- Aerodatcyl (got too many rock already)
- Machamp (^ rocky like pokemon haha)
I've also got an EV trained Fearow (Lonely); 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp planned to have:
But he has **** IV's and I want something more badass.
Ohh and only first/second gen pokemon aswell + my friend has no clue about IV's or EV's im fairly sure
When i said possible 8th's i didn't mean you have to pick from the listed pokemon
Last edited by Tommy94; 14th June 2013 at 12:39 PM.
Reason: Additional Details/ Updated
16th June 2013, 12:28 AM
Can I please get some feedback? haha, surely most of you know your ****.
4th July 2013, 3:38 AM
Tyranitar needs Hyper Beam. High Att. + Hyper Beam to suicide bomb if you're at low health. 8th Pokemon should go with a special sweeper. Alakazam helps kill stuff like Cloyster, who can't be touched by physical attacks :P . Since you chose Squirtle (I'm assuming), Raikou can run a Calm Mind set if it has Timid nature, Crunch + Thunderbolt would utilize that nice special attack.
I probably would use Thunder Wave for Dragonite instead of Ice Beam; Dragonite only has 100 base Spatt, so Thunder Wave could be use to cripple your friend's team. So can Jolteon; which learns at level 40's. Use one for each 4v4 battle :P Scizor needs Silver Wind as it's last attack; Physical STAB plus 10% chance to raise stats, so you could use that after Swords Dance. Blastoise's final move could be Counter or Body Slam, depending on your playing style.
My preference, I never liked playing Rock/Ground typing since Water and Grass attacks are EVERYWHERE (Even Crobat has Giga Drain o_o) and too many weaknesses. What I suggest is Weezing, for it being a Physical poison wall, with immunity to ground attacks. You can teach it Will'o Wisp to cripple Physical attackers, and Haze to blow off any setup (like dragon dance) your friend might have used. Hope this helps