2 shaymin EX
    1 keldeoEX

4 plasma energy
    10 grass energy

4 juniper
    3 N
    2 colress
    2 skyla
    3 shadow triad (I'd usually say, keep to either skyla or triad, when building a team plasma build deck, after a lot of testing, it's really hard to pull off)
    2 plasma ball
    1 ultra ball
    4 colress machine
    2 plasma badge
    2 max potion
    1 G-booster
    1 super rod
    2 e. switch
    2 float stone
    2 switch
    2 tool scrapper
    Last edited by ven?; 11th July 2013 at 6:31 AM.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite.

image was wayyy too big. check the sig rules/signature check thread (in the newbie lounge) if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    If you have any questions or concerns about the deck build always ask

4 genesect EX
    4 virizion EX
    2 shaymin EX
    1 keldeoEX

4 plasma energy
    10 grass energy

4 juniper
    3 N
    2 colress
    2 skyla
    3 shadow triad (I'd usually say, keep to either skyla or triad, when building a team plasma build deck, after a lot of testing, it's really hard to pull off)
    2 plasma ball
    1 ultra ball
    4 colress machine
    2 plasma badge
    2 HTL
    1 G-booster
    1 super rod
    2 catcher
    2 float stone
    2 switch
    2 tool scrapper
    I would suggest the following changes:

-2 Colress
    -1 Tool Scrapper
    -2 Shaymin EX
    -1 Genesect EX
    -1 Team Plasma Ball

+2 Skyla
    +1 Virizion NVI
    +1 Pokemon Catcher
    +1 Ultra Ball
    +1 Other Pokemon such as Lugia EX or non-EX Genesect or a second Virizion NVI or Bouffalant
    +1 Bianca

firstly in this type of build with plasma badge and colress machine the goal is to T1 virizion followed by T2 genesect, in accordance with this i feel 4 skyla is a must to consistently do this, also colress is very underwhelming in this deck as the best you can hope for is realistically a draw 7 and that relies on the opponent having a full bench, most of the time your bench is only going to need 2 pokemon (generally they will be keldeo and virizion ex with genesect ex in the active). Shaymin EX is also underwhelming as it can only energy accelerate by 1 and requires 1 energy to use, so if you use shaymin then you are sacrificing your manual energy attachment for the turn and since you dont ever want to shaymin twice in this metagame all you are doing is wasting 1 energy. I think only 1 tool scrapper is necessary since it can easily be a dead draw vs TDK and it is very average in the mirror match as they will have the shadow triad to get back the G Booster. I also think a non-EX attacker is required for klingklang decks as well as suicune and latias EX decks, even though G Booster can ohko all pokemon i mentioned it is still necessary for a non-EX attacker in the event that G Booster is prized. Out of all the non-EX attackers i prefer Virizion NVI since it can start attacking turn 2 and turn 1 you can get a free draw 2. Generally Virizion NVI can be attacking before the opponent is set up enough and that is very good. I think 4 genesect EX is excessive since you are only ever going to attack with 3 at the maximum so i feel the space is better served by another card. The third pokemon catcher is still very good as you may not always have the genesect ability live and you may prefer to attach a grass energy to something else instead. I would swap the ratios for team plasma balls and ultra balls since you want to get virizion live as quickly as possible and team plasma ball can only search for genesect EX. Also ultra ball can search for keldeo and get your keldeo + float stone combo up and running quickly. Lastly i think 10 is the optimal number of pokemon for this deck and those are a few of the options you can take for the 10th pokemon. Lugia EX allows you to easily dig for your prized g booster and can also end games quickly, if you are lucky you can set up lugia AND attack with it by turn 2 with virizion and plasma badge with 2 colress machine handy. Non-EX genesect has a decent attack as well as setting up your bench and a decent non-ex HP stat. Second Virizion NVI is preference. Bouffalant is a powerful EX killer and gets around klingklang but it does struggle with Latias EX and silver Mirror.

Hope i helped

-1 Genosect EX
    -2 Shaymin EX
    -2 Plasma Ball
    -2 HTL
    -1 Switch
    -1 Tool Scrapper

+2 Virizon NVI
    +3 Ultra Ball
    +1 Float Stone
    +2 Catcher
    +1 N

Consistency. Virizion brings your starter count to 6 and helps with Sigilyph+Suicune+Plasma Klang. Plama only searching Genosect, so ultra ball is superior and more consistent. You don't need HTL since A) You're not playing Virbank B) Ideally you'll hit all major damage with G-Booster C) Even with 100 and 20 snipe, 10 off of HTL isn't helping much. Shaymin isn't needed, 4 genosect is too much. I switched a switch for a float stone to ensure keldeo + float stone as fast as you can. Just because you're playing genosect doesn't mean cut on the catcher count, you're ideal not going to have to attach it too many times, you want to colress machine it. N helps shuffle it back and consistency in the early game and pressure your opponent if you fall behind, N is a must at 4.

If you want to try and experiment, drifblim can help in plasma match up since it will hit for almost free and is a 1 prize attacker. Try a 1-1 line if you are interested. If your too worried about Virbank, which you shouldn't be because of virizion, try a counter stadium, but it's not really needed as you can abuse Blastoise's beach when you already have the match up advantage and there isn't any other stadium to really worry about.

I'm thinking of going 3/3 float stone/escape rope (hehehe), 3 ultra ball (has he even tested team plasma, 2 is pushing it but 3 is an assault to the deck engine itself, especially if you have to keep a majority of cards in hand to create play). From testing starting out with turn 1 virizion is only good in the laser matchup (which at best bench that virizion, also max potion is something I'd like to add), and even still it's not 100%, shaymin is something that is more viable in making turn 2 genesect happen, reliying on virizion run's the deck engine dry out of you're hand most of the time (so how in the blue blazes is 4 cards viable over 2 for the same outcome), most opponents will see that and will avoid using an N to ensure that you can't come back, 4 skyla, hahaha, if you run shadow triad, (like I need 8 cards to waste a turn for the come back, what I mean by that is why should I use a supporter to get a supporter? I'd rather have that in hand and just use it instead. Fact: if you run 4 skyla, you're probably using 1-2 of them per game to grab a supporter, If I know that, what's the point in running 4? Even if 4 makes running plasma badge and colress machine more playable...not really, because skyla only offers 1 card, I'd rather play my hand, N or juniper and try again, even if I cheren, Bianca, etc, it's still better, also Bianca is kinda iffy because as opposed to colress relying on you're opponent to make a good bench, which they should to make a good setup, so they can have more then 1 attacker to start making continuous progress on koing you, back to Bianca now, I have to thin out my hand to make it good... well sometimes that's just a really clumsy idea, and it's just better to use juniper instead as it makes better usage of cards like shadow triad fatser, oh I can go on, but I'll stop. All pure fact on just simple game play, what people do, to beat they're opponents, how they beat they're opponents, etc, facts).

Hell, active shaymin with virizion benched, shuts down anything with a heavy virbank engine I have the htl because they play virbank (somebody says, I think everybody plays virbank, 90% of thr format plays virbank, checks decks play against deck, etc), and think I won't cause I deal 200 piercing dmg (again back to shaymin), there is a lot of reasons as to why I chose these cards.

And 1 last piece of advise, don't ever get rid of tool scrapper out of team plasma, when they get silver mirror and silver bangle, we're done against basic decks.
    Last edited by ven?; 10th July 2013 at 7:31 AM.
    I claimed magnemite.

image was wayyy too big. check the sig rules/signature check thread (in the newbie lounge) if you need help!

All I see is a lot of theorymon in you're posting, no numbers no action, I'm a tester, all I want to see is matchup ratio and numbers, attack, turn to turn ratio, but all I see is a bunch of blah blah blah, and you think to run add a catcher (this is freakin genesect you newb), hell I'm thinking of going 3/3 float stone/escape rope (hehehe), 3 ultra ball (has he even tested team plasma, 2 is pushing it but 3 is an assault to the deck engine itself, especially if you have to keep a majority of cards in hand to create play). From testing starting out with turn 1 virizion is only good in the laser matchup (which at best bench that virizion, also max potion is something I'd like to add), and even still it's not 100%, shaymin is something that is more viable in making turn 2 genesect happen, reliying on virizion run's the deck engine dry out of you're hand most of the time (so how in the blue blazes is 4 cards viable over 2 for the same outcome), most opponents will see that and will avoid using an N to ensure that you can't come back, 4 skyla, hahaha, if you run shadow triad, (like I need 8 cards to waste a turn for the come back).

Hell, active shaymin with virizion benched, shuts down anything with a heavy virbank engine (*sigh*, do people even test this stuff anymore, or do they just take someone else's advice, >.>), I have the htl because they play virbank, and think I won't cause I won't need to cause I deal 200 piercing dmg (again back to shaymin), there is a lot of reasons as to why I chose these cards.

And 1 last piece of advise, don't ever get rid of tool scrapper out of team plasma.
    You know how ignorant you sound Ven? Youre also theorymoning. You say that they all have virbank. That's theory. Youre playing a card based on theory. How does active shaymin do that? based on the prizes they've taken. Theory. You don't know everything. You didn't post numbers yourself. turn to turn ratio? good god man. You sound really stuck up to people trying to help you. Qwaa

Created by PPL Qwaa

why should I get sucked up into you're BS, I don't do theorymon, haven't for like 2 years now, all I have been doing is testing, so nothing but fact (I did this crazy stat thingy explaining that if I we're to take out float stone on the premise that 30% of tournament's run quad snorlax versus only 5% of decks that don't run virbank in a tournament) I play in a pretty tournament and format heavy area, If my statements sound harsh, it's because they are. I have had a lot of top players make remakes about how I post, saying that I do have a valid point, but people need positive encouragement, idk, maybe I'm just so sick and tired of listening to everyone make fun of me or push they're carp onto me that for once I'd feel a sounder statement by telling them they haven't a clue (and then If I see them in RL I'll beat them at this senselessly until people understand the word, INDIVIDUALITY, yes we all need a positive push, but we don't play the same engine)

ya know, maybe I was a bit to pushy in my second post, sorry, but there is a alot of fact behind the bs. I actually encourage you test shaymin.

When people play either tropical beach or virbank in my area, and most of the tier, yeah, I gotta be thinking about LCQ for worlds and less about what are per area plays, hmm.
    Last edited by ven?; 10th July 2013 at 7:34 AM.
    I claimed magnemite.

I'm thinking of going 3/3 float stone/escape rope (hehehe), 3 ultra ball (has he even tested team plasma, 2 is pushing it but 3 is an assault to the deck engine itself, especially if you have to keep a majority of cards in hand to create play). From testing starting out with turn 1 virizion is only good in the laser matchup (which at best bench that virizion, also max potion is something I'd like to add), and even still it's not 100%, shaymin is something that is more viable in making turn 2 genesect happen, reliying on virizion run's the deck engine dry out of you're hand most of the time (so how in the blue blazes is 4 cards viable over 2 for the same outcome), most opponents will see that and will avoid using an N to ensure that you can't come back, 4 skyla, hahaha, if you run shadow triad, (like I need 8 cards to waste a turn for the come back, what I mean by that is why should I use a supporter to get a supporter? I'd rather have that in hand and just use it instead. Fact: if you run 4 skyla, you're probably using 1-2 of them per game to grab a supporter, If I know that, what's the point in running 4? Even if 4 makes running plasma badge and colress machine more playable...not really, because skyla only offers 1 card, I'd rather play my hand, N or juniper and try again, even if I cheren, Bianca, etc, it's still better, also Bianca is kinda iffy because as opposed to colress relying on you're opponent to make a good bench, which they should to make a good setup, so they can have more then 1 attacker to start making continuous progress on koing you, back to Bianca now, I have to thin out my hand to make it good... well sometimes that's just a really clumsy idea, and it's just better to use juniper instead as it makes better usage of cards like shadow triad fatser, oh I can go on, but I'll stop. All pure fact on just simple game play, what people do, to beat they're opponents, how they beat they're opponents, etc, facts).

Hell, active shaymin with virizion benched, shuts down anything with a heavy virbank engine I have the htl because they play virbank (somebody says, I think everybody plays virbank, 90% of thr format plays virbank, checks decks play against deck, etc), and think I won't cause I deal 200 piercing dmg (again back to shaymin), there is a lot of reasons as to why I chose these cards.

And 1 last piece of advise, don't ever get rid of tool scrapper out of team plasma, when they get silver mirror and silver bangle, we're done against basic decks.
    3 is the ideal number of Genosect, those are the only plasma cards you're going to play, why would you ever run more than 1 plasma ball in a deck with 3 plasma pokes? Ball engines clog. They lead to dead late game hands with no searches and to play 3 search cards with 3 targets is absurd. Ultra helps get rid of dead resources and searches every pokemon. If 4 is too much, play 3, I see it as the best way of being consistent since if I open with an ultra ball I KNOW I can get a missing piece of whatever a need, if I get plasma ball I get a genosect which I'll probably end up drawing. In most good plasma basics now (TKD) I'm in the favor of 1 plasma ball 2 ultra ball. Ball engines CLOG decks and the only reason I went with 4 ultra ball is because of consistency of opening with it.

Shaymin EX is wasted space. You're wasting an attach for the turn with space that can better be used for something like Virizion NVI which has opening consistency and power against the likes of Sig and Suicune. It's not going to help late game since you already have a massive attacker that has more consistent damage.

The rest of your text post is too clumped together with run on sentences and points I don't really see. Like swagsire said, a bulk of that is theorymoning, you're creating scenarios which better fulfill your choices. Skyla adds consistency with turn 1 set up. Ideally with this deck you don't want to bench too much, thus weakening the power of colress in general. I find 4 skyla best as with the list presented you're going to want specific pieces at points. Situations like first turn when you want the turn 1 virizion or you need the g-booster. On a deck that relies on its pieces, skyla is necessary. If you'd like something I'm a fan of, try jirachi ex, discard skylas with ultra balls when you don't need them and get a juniper with jirachi. I feel even the 2 prize 90 hp basic is worth is for the consistency. If 4 skyla is still too much, there aren't really that many amazing supporters that would be ideal. I mean colress is cool, but with absol being so prevalent, I'd prefer to keep my bench down in genosect/virizion, thus netting new fewer cards on colress. You can play them if you'd like, but anything below 3 skyla is foolish. I'm a fan of caitlin though, at least it's something.

I'm also not getting rid of scrapper, I'm cutting it down. 1 scrapper is enough, the point of tool scrapper is to save it until you need it, not have enough to constantly get rid of any tool that gets played.

I stand with the fixes I made.
    Last edited by Skater Trainer; 10th July 2013 at 8:06 AM.

After a day I see the large difference behind what you're asking me to tech for, virizion, personally I think virizion is a bench warmer that counters HTL, where as you think of it as a turn 1-2 heavy hitter, and making it more viable for lugia to swing twice, however I'm more on the use of setting up genesect for G-booster to deal the 200 every turn if I can (shutting down the ability to make a turn 2 ko scenario, because I would kill luia before it would kill me, or so that's the plan every turn, setup turn 1 shaymin, attaché 1energy to shaymin and 1 to genesect, turn 2, switch or rushin/float stone, e.switch or attaché to active genesect, colress machine, ko (even if you take a bench engine basic that's probably best at the start, slows them down, gives you an early game prize lead, always handy), attaché an energy or e.switch to the benched genesect if you can then 100/20 or 200, then next turn the same thing with the benched genesect you put the energy onto) using the colress machine/plasma energy for the use of catcher (and tool scrapper to make certain that happens). Also after testing last night, 4 genesect really made it more possible, not having to rely on catcher, virizion to counter htl lock decks, etc. The one Idea I did like was taking out the HTL, which I did for 2 e. switch, and took out 1 virizion for 3 e.switch total ( also took the catcher out for max potion, should maybe take the plasma badge out, so I can get 4 e. switch (even using virizion EX for emerald slash mid game isn't that bad if It garnishes a ko or for setup if they're a turn behind you or a turn ahead).

You know when you plan on beating the elite 4, you gotta know what lvl they are what moves they have, etc, the tcg is the same, we all run roughly the same decks to win, competitive attitude, spirit, etc, I do have an aggressive take but still, I'm not playing you're deck I'm playing my own. Even if we we're to both be playing TDK it's not like we would have the same cards in our decklists or use the same strategy.
    Last edited by ven?; 12th July 2013 at 6:56 AM.
    I claimed magnemite.