Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 139

Thread: Pokémon Ratings (BW:DA! returns to top 10)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default Pokémon Ratings (Decolora Adventure!)

    Good news for Pokémon Best Wishes Season 2: DA!, the anime returns to the top 10 after 4 week absence.

    http://www.anmtvla.com/2013/06/audie...-la-tv_13.html

    Episode: The Pirate Kings of the Decolora Archipelago! aired on June 6, 2013.

    1. Sazae-san: 17,3
    2. Chibi Maruko-chan: 10,3
    3. Doraemon: 9,7
    4. Crayon Shin-chan: 8,1
    5. One Piece: 7,9
    6. Detective Conan: 7,2
    7. Dokidoki! Precure: 5,5
    8. Toriko: 4,9
    9. Pokémon Best Wishes! Season 2: 4,0
    10. Curious George: 4,0
    11. Uchū Kyōdai: 4,0

    A three way tie at 9-11.

    Pokémon is still highest rated anime on TV Tokyo and I didn't know Curious George (which counts as "animation") was so popular in Japan lol

    Hopefully the Butterfree episode had nice ratings as well.

    Trivia:

    "The Pirate Kings of the Decolora Archipelago!" is just the 2nd episode from BWS2DA! arc to enter the top 10 after "The Dangerously Sweet Honey!" aired on May 2, 2013.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 24th June 2013 at 6:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Ratings don't really matter for Pokemon anyway.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Wow, its rating is more impressive than Da itself :P
    Sazae-san is HIGH! How do most of the lower rated shows survive? O_O
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

    Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,493

    Default

    I had no idea the monkey was so popular either.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Wow, its rating is more impressive than Da itself :P
    Sazae-san is HIGH! How do most of the lower rated shows survive? O_O
    Pokémon is still doing great, I mean top 10 over a sea of animation in Japan. I was really worried because Pokémon spent a whole month out of the top 10 but I suppose it was between 11-15 frame all that time, there's only top 10 info.

    There are other popular shows like Hunter X Hunter and Naruto Shippuden below top 10 and they're still going on.

    Merchandising and selling stuff is also key.

    Hopefully X & Y hype will get Pokémon into the top 10 until 6 gen anime premieres in October.
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 14th June 2013 at 10:32 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    But compared to Sazae-san, though...that show's ratings blew me away
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

    Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

  7. #7

    Default

    Thats not true, ratings for some reason due matter this series or else they wouldn't keep pulling all these Kanto flashbacks or fan favorites Pokemon. Looks like its working too, maybe they won't do any thing like BW series ever again now *Few*
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Ratings don't really matter for Pokemon anyway.
    True, and the ratings for the anime overall have dropped with each generation since interest in Pokemon has been dying down.

    Kanto had better ratings than Johto, which had better ratings than Hoenn, which had better ratings than Sinnoh, which had better ratings than Unova....you get my drift.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Thats not true, ratings for some reason due matter this series or else they wouldn't keep pulling all these Kanto flashbacks or fan favorites Pokemon. Looks like its working too, maybe they won't do any thing like BW series ever again now *Few*
    The fan service isn't working though. I mean the Charizard episode that had tons of hype got a lower rating than the Ampharos filler from Episode N, which had little hype by comparison (5.1 for the former and 5.5 for the latter). And the recent Butterfree episode might not get a good rating since it only featured flashbacks of Ash's Butterfree and not the real thing.

    By the way, does anyone know what rating the recent Oshawott episode got? My usual source doesn't have any DA episode ratings aside from the second episode for some reason.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Wow, its rating is more impressive than Da itself :P
    Sazae-san is HIGH! How do most of the lower rated shows survive? O_O
    Sazae-san is a family show that's been running for 30+ years, and can be described as a mix of The Simpsons and Peanuts. Cute, innocent fun for the entire family. It gets the ratings it does because everyone watches it. Nothing can compete with that, and definitely not animated toy commercials aimed at 6-10 year olds.
    "Lower rated shows" survive because they're still getting a lot of viewers.

    In this day and age, broadcast television is nowhere near as popular as in the past, which is the reason for the "falling ratings", not anything the show itself does. And even if it was, 4,0% are still amazing ratings most shows would kill to get. Pokemon is doing very well, and sitting there comparing ratings from years ago, looking at exact positions on some top 10 list... is just doing it wrong. Pokemon is up in the position it's always had, it's doing as well as always compared to other shows, and it's not getting "low ratings" in any meaning of the word. Whether it manages to get onto some top 10 list in any given week or not is not really relevant, and has absolutely nothing to do with any "lacking qualities". If you need to blame something, blame Toriko's inflated viewerbase from it airing right after One Piece, or Space Brothers' new and better time slot, or something. But sitting there and complaining about "how the show is doing badly" just shows you don't understand these lists.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I mean the Charizard episode that had tons of hype.
    It had absolutely no hype whatsoever. What on earth are you talking about?
    Last edited by Dephender; 15th June 2013 at 2:22 AM.

  11. #11

    Default

    Nice to see Pokemon returns to the top 10.Still 4.0 isn't good enough.Surely ratings will boost a lot when XY anime starts.But if they reset Ash again (try to catch pokemon without battling, losing all tournaments, losing to noob trainers etc.), I am afraid XY ratings will be even lower than BW series in the long run.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Thats not true, ratings for some reason due matter this series or else they wouldn't keep pulling all these Kanto flashbacks or fan favorites Pokemon. Looks like its working too, maybe they won't do any thing like BW series ever again now *Few*
    You know absolutely nothing about ratings if you think that's true. Pokemon doesn't rely on ratings, it mainly relies on merchandising. The writers could care less about ratings as long as their merchandise continues to turn a heavy profit. Even then the ratings for the show in this day and age are still incredibly good. The writers aren't marketing this show to grown adults on an Internet forum, they're marketing it to children. I can almost assure you they aren't pulling any "fan favorites" for your sake. They're doing so because they can and nothing other reason, the writers don't pander to you or care to be honest. Do you actually think the writers give a **** about the thoughts of English-speaking fanatics on a Pokemon board? You overestimate the size of the fandom if you think they actually care what any of us think, I seriously doubt they're even aware we exist in any case. Pokemon isn't even a show watched for its content, people just tone in and tone out and the only thing that spikes these ratings are when the show hold an event like a double airing(Roxie Battle) or when the episodes are given a heavy amount of advertisement beforehand. Even then ratings don't measure certain statistics of viewers anyway. Pokemon measures increments of viewers ages 6-11, 9-14, 2-11, 7-13 and 2-13 and most on this forums aren't in that target audience. I'm almost positive most fans on here don't watch the show on TV anyway.

    Sometimes I wonder if fans do any form of research before they make concocted, cooked up fallacious claims and conspiracy theories. Like Dephender said, most fans don't know what the hell they're talking about anyway.


    It had absolutely no hype whatsoever. What on earth are you talking about?
    When Charmed says hype, he means "on the forum" which doesn't a thing.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 15th June 2013 at 2:50 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,947

    Default

    Ratings don't really matter, although its kind of interesting that the more popular characters in the series were around while the ratings were more impressive.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It had absolutely no hype whatsoever. What on earth are you talking about?
    ...It was Charizard's return episode. Tons of Charizard merchandise was released leading up to that episode and Charizard's return itself was hinted to in several Episode N posters. I may have been wrong about Charizard not returning before, but I think it's obvious that there was a lot of hype for that episode; even if it hadn't been Ash's Charizard, you cannot deny that there was a lot of hype, moreso than the Ampharos episode or any other Episode N filler received. It's low rating is unfortunate, but at least it shows that fan service doesn't always work.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,170

    Default

    Ratings may not be as relevant as some people think, but they still are useful to have an idea of how the show is received.

    However, the anime is only the tip of the humongous iceberg known as Pokémon. As long as the games and toys sell, ratings don't really matter.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    ...It was Charizard's return episode. Tons of Charizard merchandise was released leading up to that episode and Charizard's return itself was hinted to in several Episode N posters. I may have been wrong about Charizard not returning before, but I think it's obvious that there was a lot of hype for that episode; even if it hadn't been Ash's Charizard, you cannot deny that there was a lot of hype, moreso than the Ampharos episode or any other Episode N filler received. It's low rating is unfortunate, but at least it shows that fan service doesn't always work.
    Charizard got merchandise but that's not the same as hype, Dragonite got a lot of merchandise but that's not the same as hype.

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    ...It was Charizard's return episode. Tons of Charizard merchandise was released leading up to that episode and Charizard's return itself was hinted to in several Episode N posters. I may have been wrong about Charizard not returning before, but I think it's obvious that there was a lot of hype for that episode.
    Saying "Lizardon returns... at some point. Maybe. Well, it'll be in the movie, at least" is not "creating hype for one specific episode".

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    4,002

    Default

    Its quite surprising to me that Pokemon is still pulling such a high rating after all these years. Other shows are doing the same too but it is quite different for Pokemon cause it is not a continuous series like Doraemon or Maruko-chan.

    I have watched all these shows in the past except for Toriko and must admit each one of them deserve their spot except for maybe One Piece (never liked it, too shonen for me).

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Its quite surprising to me that Pokemon is still pulling such a high rating after all these years. Other shows are doing the same too but it is quite different for Pokemon cause it is not a continuous series like Doraemon or Maruko-chan.

    I have watched all these shows in the past except for Toriko and must admit each one of them deserve their spot except for maybe One Piece (never liked it, too shonen for me).
    You act like no new kids are born. The majority of those ratings come from new 6-11 year olds first getting into pokemon now.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    You act like no new kids are born. The majority of those ratings come from new 6-11 year olds first getting into pokemon now.
    Actually, isn't the birth rate in Japan dropping?


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    You act like no new kids are born. The majority of those ratings come from new 6-11 year olds first getting into pokemon now.
    And you know how Japanese rating system work, right?

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    644

    Default

    that great news
    now i wonder is the rating back because DA ?
    Welcome Gen VI


    PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Good news for Pokémon Best Wishes Season 2: DA!, the anime returns to the top 10 after 4 week absence.

    Episode: The Pirate Kings of the Decolora Archipelago! aired on June 6, 2013.

    1. Sazae-san: 17,3
    2. Chibi Maruko-chan: 10,3
    3. Doraemon: 9,7
    4. Crayon Shin-chan: 8,1
    5. One Piece: 7,9
    6. Detective Conan: 7,2
    7. Dokidoki! Precure: 5,5
    8. Toriko: 4,9
    9. Pokémon Best Wishes! Season 2: 4,0
    10. Curious George: 4,0
    11. Uchū Kyōdai: 4,0


    Pokémon is still highest rated anime on TV Tokyo and I didn't know Curious George (which counts as "animation") was so popular in Japan lol

    Hopefully the Butterfree episode had nice ratings as well.
    If you really know what happened when Pokemon is outside of the Top 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Ratings don't really matter for Pokemon anyway.
    Ratings matter if the show are dropping viewers too quickly.

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Pokémon is still doing great, I mean top 10 over a sea of animation in Japan. I was really worried because Pokémon spent a whole month out of the top 10 but I suppose it was between 11-15 frame all that time, there's only top 10 info.

    There are other popular shows like Hunter X Hunter and Naruto Shippuden below top 10 and they're still going on.

    Merchandising and selling stuff is also key.

    Hopefully X & Y hype will get Pokémon into the top 10 until 6 gen anime premieres in October.
    I really hope that Alexa brings back Pokemon into the Top 10, because the ratings of DA could be classified to being average at best

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Sazae-san is a family show that's been running for 30+ years, and can be described as a mix of The Simpsons and Peanuts. Cute, innocent fun for the entire family. It gets the ratings it does because everyone watches it. Nothing can compete with that, and definitely not animated toy commercials aimed at 6-10 year olds.
    "Lower rated shows" survive because they're still getting a lot of viewers.
    I agree on the Sazae-san comparison. They aren't comparable.

    In this day and age, broadcast television is nowhere near as popular as in the past, which is the reason for the "falling ratings", not anything the show itself does. And even if it was, 4,0% are still amazing ratings most shows would kill to get. Pokemon is doing very well, and sitting there comparing ratings from years ago, looking at exact positions on some top 10 list... is just doing it wrong. Pokemon is up in the position it's always had, it's doing as well as always compared to other shows, and it's not getting "low ratings" in any meaning of the word. But sitting there and complaining about "how the show is doing badly" just shows you don't understand these lists.
    Not, Dephender, the 4.0 ratings is the best of the rating that the show has gotten since April. The ratings starting April aren't good. And they are a it gimmicky with the game promotion of Alexa right now. I don't really imagine if the promotion happens with the DA ratings.
    [/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    You know absolutely nothing about ratings if you think that's true. Pokemon doesn't rely on ratings, it mainly relies on merchandising. The writers could care less about ratings as long as their merchandise continues to turn a heavy profit. Even then the ratings for the show in this day and age are still incredibly good.
    Yeah, this is why I see the writers worried and doing some things that I'm sure if Pokemon had ratings of 6 they didn't do.
    The writers aren't marketing this show to grown adults on an Internet forum, they're marketing it to children
    .
    Mainly to children, but true.
    Even then ratings don't measure certain statistics of viewers anyway. Pokemon measures increments of viewers ages 6-11, 9-14, 2-11, 7-13 and 2-13 and most on this forums aren't in that target audience.
    I have serious doubts that the rating inside the target audience are increasing. If the show is dropping 33% of the ratings in one gen, I see a 25% drop in target audience.

    Sometimes I wonder if fans do any form of research I do before they make concocted, cooked up fallacious claims and conspiracy theories. Like Dephender said, most fans don't know if there0's me, I disagree what the hell they're talking about anyway.



    When Charmed says hype, he means "on the forum" which doesn't a thing.
    Some of the things that I saw aren't hyped solely by the fandom. The fandom doesn't make false re-joining the cast, false leaving, overhyping arcs like Episode N and (in a lesser way) do things to promote the games that for me is gimmicky. That is hyped by the fandom, yeah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Ratings may not be as relevant as some people think, but they still are useful to have an idea of how the show is received.

    As long as the games and toys sell, ratings don't really matter.
    I thinks that ratings are a important regarding the anime.

    Quote Originally Posted by k6666 View Post
    that great news
    now i wonder is the rating back because DA ?
    Sorry, DA has bad ratings (N have average.good ratiungs except the last 3 episodes).
    Since tyhe start of April the ratings have been (and I checked them):
    Episode N Climax: 3,2; 3.9; 4:
    Decolora Adventures: 4; 3.1; 4.2; 3.4; (*); 2.8; 4.
    Where I found this? I found this in a thread of 2ch that talks about TV Tokyo ratings. However, I can't post any rating, which means that I can't go easily to the page.
    http://anago.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/tvsaloon/1357189745/

    I don't think that the ratings are horrible (because they aren't). But those ratings are bad for Pokemon. It doesn't mean that the show is in danger with those ratings (specially in a filler arc). Specially if it'0s the 1st rated anime of TV Tokyo.

    Also there is a reason of why XY (yes, the games) are being so hyped. And not only by the fandom. And I predi8ct that the XY anime will be very very hyped. Way more than BW has hyped back in 2010.

    (and I talked about a Game Freak game, something that have resiste well compared to the side-series; compare the last Mystery Dungeon with the rest).

    My opinion is that the anime is "delicate" right now. The anime is still a relatively successful, the franchise is making money, but the franchise has problems that other tops show don't have. And the franchise doesn't had them untiul early 2012.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 15th June 2013 at 11:01 PM.

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    ...It was Charizard's return episode. Tons of Charizard merchandise was released leading up to that episode and Charizard's return itself was hinted to in several Episode N posters. I may have been wrong about Charizard not returning before, but I think it's obvious that there was a lot of hype for that episode; even if it hadn't been Ash's Charizard, you cannot deny that there was a lot of hype, moreso than the Ampharos episode or any other Episode N filler received. It's low rating is unfortunate, but at least it shows that fan service doesn't always work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Saying "Lizardon returns... at some point. Maybe. Well, it'll be in the movie, at least" is not "creating hype for one specific episode".
    Hmm.

    To be completely fair, the episode did get a lot of hype, but not in the sense you're talking about Dephender.

    The hype Charmed is likely referring to is the general hype of fans seeing things that relate to the episode (Charizard Valley on Smash, the Episode N poster, Movie 16 poster etc.).

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    So what if Pokémon is higher than it was before? It's because of current fan service. But I would never put Pokémon over One Piece or even some of the others regarding rating just because of that. It always goes up and down depending on what the writers do. However it's sad that the league got the lowest ratings while Da which is nothing but a Kanto hogging filler series.

    My ideal battle ever!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •