Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Path That Leads to Goodbye! (792)

This was a pretty good episode, didn't expect to see it told from Dento's perspective. He was really likable this episode and I feel like his moments of insight added some more to it. Human interaction episodes are a dime a dozen so it's nice to see them more often, especially not mainly centralized around Pokemon but people. What I mainly liked about this episode was seeing the ten-year-olds actually act like ten-year-olds. I feel like we don't get those small moments of realism from them as much as we should. It was quite dialogue-heavy in some areas as well so that's part of the main enjoyment of it all too. Kibago was even more adorable in this episode than he usually is, picking flowers for Iris like some young child would do so for their mother, his saddened state while him and Iris are alone and even when he saved Zuruggu and Pikachu from Team Rocket. I never took Nokocchi as being one to fly, the wings are so minuscule.

As for the fallout scenes, I thought they were all well done. The yelling at Kibago for running into Pikachu while startled by Screech and the aftermath of it all. It truly did impact Iris and we saw her in a moment of weakness get upset and isolate herself from the boys. Her Kibago is essentially a chink in her armor or her Achilles heel so it's like a direct attack against her ego to blame him. Satoshi trying to make amends via apples was actually a sweet scene, the backfiring of it and it being the straw that broke the camel's back when he started laughing at her because she got a bad apple was great. Satoshi simply laughing at her misfortune is refreshing, we don't get enough scenes of him acting like an actual kid. The boys taking a bite from her apple after she walked off was amusing, indirect kiss between the BW trio?

Satoshi's Pokemon were amazing here as well, they've all bonded and had their moments with Iris and her Pokemon so you can naturally feel their disheartening feelings with her being gone even for a little while. Waiting out in the rain and refusing to go back into their balls was a very noble scene, I also like how Chaobu was letting himself get wet while keeping the others dry. I've been wanting to see Zuruggu for a while so it was nice to see him get some focus in this episode, given his connection to Kibago as a brother-like figure. Tsutarja was her usual cool and calm self this episode waking Satoshi up like that and encouraging him to find and apologize to Iris, along with all the other Pokemon joining in was easily my favorite scene of the episode. It's all even a nice callback to the fact Iris was friendless in her early youth at Soryuu Academy.

Satoshi and Iris's reflections on their actions was a nice way of reinstating how much the two have become friends since they've started traveling together. Satoshi accidentally setting a place for their absent third member and how use he is to her. Best scene for him was easily climbing the tree and choosing to sleep there for the night, emulating Iris's way of sleeping and feeling bad about their parting. Even the flashbacks to all their moments like vine-swinging or the Tachiwaki gym battle against Homika were commendable in their own right.

Team Rocket, I wish they weren't in this episode at all to be honest. There's no reason for their small moment of conflict in a human/human interaction episode like this, it wasn't even centered around Tag Battling like the last two fight episodes. I felt like the resolution was way too quick with Kibago and Pikachu sending TR sky-high and should have been done better, shame more couldn't be done. At least TR's motto is cool, but it was just more of their usual minimalist, predictable actions. Seeing Iris put aside her feelings and save the boys like that was an admirable scene.

The final scene with them exchanging flowers and apples and forgiving each other, I really liked it, I'm not a NegaiShipper but I really liked that moment and this whole episode. I never thought I would see the day where Satoshi would give a girl a flower. The two definitely have the most rivalry dynamic of all the Satoshi/Pokegirl friendships. They've been portrayed as being equals for the most part most of the series, whether it be a tournament, vine-swinging or even their Pokemon(Kairyu/Lizardon, Kibago/Zuruggu, Tsutarja/Emonga, Pikachu/Doryuzu), their friendship is pretty enjoyable. I noticed a severe lack of background music in this episode, it keeps the tension on-point better by not having it so I can see why was excluded. Think I only remember four or five tracks, I'm sure the dub will *fix* that unfortunately.

All in all a good episode, Da! has pulled out two very good episodes in a row. Let's go for a third with the Jirachi episode next week. TR were as tiring as usual, but I'm getting better at ignoring them.

Only thing I really want now is an Iris/Dento interaction episode.

EDIT:Iris blushed at Satoshi's first peace offering, wow didn't notice that at first.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8f2a7518.jpg
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 21st June 2013 at 1:10 AM.

Not a bad episode, if I had been more on board with the Ash/Iris dynamic I might have enjoyed this episode a bit more. I've always thought their dynamic was a bit meh. Still, it was fun to see Ash actually piss Iris off for a change.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 21st June 2013 at 1:17 AM.

Great. Another episode of nothing of any semblance or importance happening. Everything about this episode could be seen from a mile away.

Seriously. Did the writers just sit down and say "Hey, let's make an arc where literally nothing important happens"?
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Great. Another episode of nothing of any semblance or importance happening. Everything about this episode could be seen from a mile away.

Seriously. Did the writers just sit down and say "Hey, let's make an arc where literally nothing important happens"?
    That kind of is the definition of filler, which this while saga is.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

I've haven't been as upset about DA so far as I thought I would, but the last few episodes save the Butterfree and Rotom ones have been really lackluster. Of all the episodes where Ash and the main girl get into a fight, this is probably the worst one. It was just fueled by a bunch of stupid slip-ups, there was no character-driven motivation for the two to come into conflict and it just made the whole thing seem pointless.

And way to only bring along Scraggy because it was convenient to the plot...
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post

Yeah, this episode was kind of predictable, which makes me wonder why some people actually believed that the Dunsparce would be caught. Something that also bothered me about this episode is how Ash's Pokemon acted. They seemed to care way too much about Iris, which was strange since I never got the feeling that they cared whether she was with Ash or not. I mean Scraggy's reaction was in-character since he likes Axew, but what's with Snivy and Oshawott and Pignite pushing Ash to go find Iris? Seemed a bit forced imo.

All I have to say is...Negaishippers are going to be ALL OVER THIS EPISODE. I enjoyed it, good to have drama within the group it makes things so much more iinteresting
    than the usual happy go lucky attitude they always seem to have with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Yeah, this episode was kind of predictable, which makes me wonder why some people actually believed that the Dunsparce would be caught. Something that also bothered me about this episode is how Ash's Pokemon acted. They seemed to care way too much about Iris, which was strange since I never got the feeling that they cared whether she was with Ash or not. I mean Scraggy's reaction was in-character since he likes Axew, but what's with Snivy and Oshawott and Pignite pushing Ash to go find Iris? Seemed a bit forced imo.
    I believe Dento(Cilan) had something to do with Ash's pokemon forcing him to apologize to Iris. Remember he whispered something to them when he was making
    lunch, so I think he had a plan for them to follow and they acted accordingly.
    Last edited by Sushi; 21st June 2013 at 8:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    First off all, what Pokémon isn't predictable? Second, of course they are going to care - I mean she travelled with them for so much, of course they're friends, there's nothing forced about it. Ugh, this fandom sometimes ... Also, if you're going to ask - Snivy, Oshawott and Pignite (Tepig) all had some moments where they bonded with Iris but I guess it's only natural you don't know since you don't actually watch this show.
    Last edited by Janovy; 21st June 2013 at 8:16 AM.

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Not a bad episode, if I had been more on board with the Ash/Iris dynamic I might have enjoyed this episode a bit more. I've always thought their dynamic was a bit meh. Still, it was fun to see Ash actually piss Iris off for a change.
    And Ash wasn't even trying to do it intentionally... of coarse he apparently had to apologize for just about everything. None of it would have happened though if Axew was sticking next to Iris. Or more importantly, she really shouldn't have gotten pissed over flowers being destroyed since she could have easily gotten some more.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    And Ash wasn't even trying to do it intentionally... of coarse he apparently had to apologize for just about everything. None of it would have happened though if Axew was sticking next to Iris. Or more importantly, she really shouldn't have gotten pissed over flowers being destroyed since she could have easily gotten some more.
    Or you know, Ash shouldn't have gone all berserk on her and Axew when it was really all Dunsparce's fault. That was really awful from his side.

It's funny how people try to make Iris look like a ***** in this episode when he's just as equally at fault.

See...why can't they be more like this one?! This episode was great! Although the ending was cliched and nothing really happened here (although I'm sure the shippers will disagree)...it was nice seeing that they didn't end up beating a dead plot and actually came up with some drama to spice up the group as a filler rather than pull some random event out of no where, feature some random pokemon we've seen before and play out a shallow story...it was nice...we've had very little character interaction lately, just dry follow-the-overused plot....it was nice seeing the main focus on our character and the pokemon as the support for once...and the pokemo did a great job being supporting roles...this was nicely handled..
    Last edited by XXD17; 21st June 2013 at 9:44 AM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

I'm probably sounding kinda stupid now, but, I had no idea Dunsparce could actually fly like that...

Anyways, good episode. For some reason I loved when Charizard put Ash's backpack on him, hehe.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Or you know, Ash shouldn't have gone all berserk on her and Axew when it was really all Dunsparce's fault. That was really awful from his side.

It's funny how people try to make Iris look like a ***** in this episode when he's just as equally at fault.
    I don't think anyone is saying Iris is a *****. They are just saying the flower reason isn't justifiable at all.

But, guys Iris didn't outright yell at Ash when he stepped on the flower. She was just sentimental about but she tried to ignore it. Ash yelled at Axew and Iris at the same moment. The combination of Ash yelling and the flower getting crushed hurt her. Even then, she didn't get fully mad. She became silent and walked away. She got completely mad when Ash and Cilan laughed at her. She thought Ash was being childish by giving her a sour apple.

IF you actually understand the dialogue, Iris will be talking to Kibago about Ash.

"Ash is really a kid. He's so childish that he can't even tell the difference between a ripe and unripe fruit-" She will stop thinking at the moment. She realizes Ash didn't do that on purpose. But you don't expect her to walk back and apologize to Ash, will you? Not when Ash was at fault too. Ash was the one who pissed and hurt Iris unintentionally or intentionally. Even if he wasn't at fault completely, as the one who hurt her first, he HAD to apologize first. Had Iris been an arrogant *****, she would just scoff at him and walk away. She wasn't. She admitted she was at fault too and misunderstood him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu;16088468
    [B
    All in all a good episode, Da! has pulled out two very good episodes in a row. Let's go for a third with the Jirachi episode next week. TR were as tiring as usual, but I'm getting better at ignoring them. [/B]

Only thing I really want now is an Iris/Dento interaction episode.

EDIT:Iris blushed at Satoshi's first peace offering, wow didn't notice that at first.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8f2a7518.jpg

Contrary to most's beliefs, the episodes of Da! are decent or good. Please note the word filler. I mean the Zoroark episode and Pirate episodes were meh, but the Cilan episode was okay and right now the Butterfree and this episode were pretty good.

It's pathetic how this thread is filled Dunsparce discussion. People create their own hype and then drown in their own disappointment. This happened even for the Butterfree episodes. It's about time these guys(referring to those few who wanted a Dunsparce) understand what to expect and what not to expect from an episode.

I hope the Jirachi episode is pretty good too.

And yay Iris blushed, the first ever hint on BW? Seriously they should make more shipping moments.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 21st June 2013 at 10:58 AM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

To be honest, I wished Ash would get somehow Dunsparce but I'm not going to complain about it - it's not like there were some big chances of it happening anyway.

I found this episode to be really adorable. I love how Ash's Pokemon gave him that push to make amends with Iris and it was really cute to see Scraggy wondering where Axew is. That peace offering at the end was such a sweet scene, I love it so much. It was interesting to see this episode from Cilan's perspective too. I've grown even fonder of Ash, Iris and Cilan now. This episode is definitely one of my favourites. Although that Dunsparce flying away did confuse me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    People create their own hype and then drown in their own disappointment. This happened even for the Butterfree episodes. It's about time these guys(referring to those few who wanted a Dunsparce) understand what to expect and what not to expect from an episode.
    Ding-ding-ding-ding, we have a winner here. People shouldn't expect such things because the chances of them happening are low, I've learned by this point most moves that are learned happen randomly. A lot of random captures happen randomly, like Gamagaru/Maggyo being captured. It's their own faults for getting their hopes so high like young children when this episode wasn't even centralized around Nokocchi, I'm positive Nokocchi only got used because they needed a Dare Da! Pokemon. Aipom's capture happened in an episodes where Aipom actually played a role and it made more sense, I could see this Nokocchi being Fukamaru-ish in essence where one appears and he captures another later or this one reappears. But for this episode Nokocchi was a mere catalyst for the conflict and nothing more.

http://www.serebii.net/anime/picture...s/792/DP56.jpg

Errooor: No flower on Iris but then she has it on again a few seconds later.

Anyway it was a decent episode personally. Finally Dunparce got to get some spotlight after a long time of no appearance. While I found it predictable it was nice that the episode focused more on the main cast rather than the Pokémon. I give it a 7/10 and yay potential Dunsparce avatars!

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    But for this episode Nokocchi was a mere catalyst for the conflict and nothing more.
    Personally, I don't really want to see another Pokemon following Ash into the next region. I don't even like Dunsparce, and I doubt it get used much anyway next region. :P

Personally, I don't really want to see another Pokemon following Ash into the next region. I don't even like Dunsparce, and I doubt it get used much anyway next region. :P
    It would if it had a next gen evolution.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Yeah, I think I'd rather he go in completely clean as well, like in AG.

Pretty much the only reason people wanted Ash to get Dunsparce is because it would mean its evolution in Kalos.

Without it, no one wants Dunsparce to join Ash - it's the evolution they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Axew wasn't at fault imo. Ash was the one who challenged Dunsparce, which started the mayhem. Had he left the Dunsparce alone, the chaos would have never ensued but Ash just had to catch it for some reason, so he's to blame for everything imo. I will only agree about Iris's overreaction to the flower thing, but since they were flowers that Axew gave her, it's understandable that she would be upset. But again, it was an overreaction and it made her stubborn imo.

I have yet to watch this eisode but I think that for me the kid really is Iris. At least for me.

Ash could be overreacting by a Dunsparce but Iris fights with Ash because Ash brokes the flowers that Axew gave to Iris.

In this episode, the "kodomo ne" should go to Iris and not to Ash.

For Dunsparce, I hoped that Ash will catch it because Ash hasn't catched a pokemon for years and hat poemon could be a interesting choice for Ash's team in XY.

Note: I have forgotten the Axew detail.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 21st June 2013 at 8:42 PM.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I have yet to watch this eisode but I think that for me the kid really is Iris. At least for me.

Ash could be overreacting by a Dunsparce but Iris fights with Ash because Ash brokes the flowers that Axew gave to Iris.

In this episode, the "kodomo ne" should go to Iris and not to Ash.

For Dunsparce, I hoped that Ash will catch it because Ash hasn't catched a pokemon for years and hat poemon could be a interesting choice for Ash's team in XY.
    No that's not true, she was sad about the flowers but what ultimately upset her was that Ash was blaming Axew for everything. It makes him look even more silly when he realizes he just did the same thing to her as Axew by crushing her flowers. Besides, that would have blown over as Iris only needed some time to cool down.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

This episode was mishandled quite badly. I think we all knew Iris wouldn't leave, but there could have been some tension. The whole argument was over something quite pointless, and I dare say, childish. I guess I could say I don't like Iris by this point in the saga. That's not a good thing.

At least Scraggy appeared.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast