Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Monogatari Series Season#2

Does anyone else feel like there was a major spoiler for Kizumonogatari in this episode? With Mr. Episode and all?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Does anyone else feel like there was a major spoiler for Kizumonogatari in this episode? With Mr. Episode and all?
    ya he was from Kizu from wat i hear. apparently he tries to kill hanekawa or something hah

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    ya he was from Kizu from wat i hear. apparently he tries to kill hanekawa or something hah
    Having not read the books it angers me that Kizumonogatari has yet to be (anime-movie)released, and now they are introducing characters that one would not be aware of unless one read Kizumonogatari.

Also perplexing is this lady who is related Suruga but clearly is too young to be her mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Handle Name: Ak-48 View Post
    Having not read the books it angers me that Kizumonogatari has yet to be (anime-movie)released, and now they are introducing characters that one would not be aware of unless one read Kizumonogatari.

Also perplexing is this lady who is related Suruga but clearly is too young to be her mom.
    i think its her aunt or something

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    i think its her aunt or something
    *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Holy **** how badass was that? Best moment of the summer season so far. Also, dat closure, excellent episode.
    his intro was amazing did not expect to see that sword again

8. Default

Holy **** how badass was that? Best moment of the summer season so far. Also, dat closure, excellent episode.
    This Nekomonogatari finale episode really places the entire arc really high up on the list of best Monogatari books/arcs.

I finally like Hanekawa now!

Yay, Araragi

I heard that the next episode is a recap episode, though. Why would they do that?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

I heard that the next episode is a recap episode, though. Why would they do that?
    Oh what in the ****. Way to kill my hype Shaft.

11. Default

Yay, Araragi

Perhaps because it has been 4 yrs since Bakemonogatari aired, which featured the most relevant girls (Hitagi/Tsubasa/Suruga/Nadeko/Mayoi) vs 1 yr since Nise and the less relevant girls (Karen and Tsukihi)

Perhaps because it has been 4 yrs since Bakemonogatari aired, which featured the most relevant girls (Hitagi/Tsubasa/Suruga/Nadeko/Mayoi) vs 1 yr since Nise and the less relevant girls (Karen and Tsukihi)
    I don't even think it's a recap of Bake or Nise. I think it's a recap of Neko: Shiro
    Douglas Adams

13. Default

I don't even think it's a recap of Bake or Nise. I think it's a recap of Neko: Shiro
    Oh well that indeed is pointless and I hope untrue.

If there is space for recaps, there should have been space for Hana.
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 4th August 2013 at 3:12 PM.

New episode was good. I didn't understand the talk about the traffic lights at first, but then it made sense after they said how Mayoi died. And is Ouji Oshino related to Oshino from Bakemono?

A funny part for me was seeing the huge ice cube in the middle of the street about a 3rd? the way through the episode.

Another thing that struck me after watching this episode in high quality, is that how well animated the movie will be.

Anywho, I wanted to see the new OP, but I guess I have to wait a week or so
    Douglas Adams

New episode was good. I didn't understand the talk about the traffic lights at first, but then it made sense after they said how Mayoi died. And is Ouji Oshino related to Oshino from Bakemono?

A funny part for me was seeing the huge ice cube in the middle of the street about a 3rd? the way through the episode.

Another thing that struck me after watching this episode in high quality, is that how well animated the movie will be.

Anywho, I wanted to see the new OP, but I guess I have to wait a week or so
    Ougi *is* allegedly related to aloha-shirt man.

My favorite part was all the lines Shinobu had in the 2nd half of the ep; also great was exposition on Ononoki's origin/past.

As hooked as I am on this new arc (YOU DUN ****ED UP SUPER HARD GUYS) I do hope this is the only instance that they use time travel. Monogatari can get complicated as it is, throwing time travel in that isn't going to help.

As hooked as I am on this new arc (YOU DUN ****ED UP SUPER HARD GUYS) I do hope this is the only instance that they use time travel. Monogatari can get complicated as it is, throwing time travel in that isn't going to help.
    Onimonogatari has flashbacks to a major characters past, but no time traveling.

Ararararararagi's reaction to loli Hanekawa was just amazing, and then terrorisizing Mayoi just like old times. Please, Ararararararagi, never change.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Ararararararagi's reaction to loli Hanekawa was just amazing, and then terrorisizing Mayoi just like old times. Please, Ararararararagi, never change.
    i loved this episode just for his reactions to them. still taht plot twist at the end. i love this arc

This episode went by fast for me. Kinda sad we didn't see Senjougahara or Kanbaru, but the fact that Araragi and Shinobu may have destroyed the world makes up for that

He still didn't finish his homework, so
    Douglas Adams

This episode went by fast for me. Kinda sad we didn't see Senjougahara or Kanbaru, but the fact that Araragi and Shinobu may have destroyed the world makes up for that

He still didn't finish his homework, so
    Also that new op is kawaii but more mature than kaerimichi.

It's refreshing that the show works without many of its major characters without losing quality. Few shows can fill their 22-24 minutes with merely 4 main characters(if we count Hanekawa's cameo) and a marginal amount of incidental characters.

It's refreshing that the show works without many of its major characters without losing quality. Few shows can fill their 22-24 minutes with merely 4 main characters(if we count Hanekawa's cameo) and a marginal amount of incidental characters.
    That's something I love about how Shaft handles their shows. Outside of the cast, there's almost no one that appears in Monogatari. There could be another reason for that, but when you only see 7 people in one episode, and that's on the higher end for people in episodes, that's cool in it's own way.
    Douglas Adams

YA DUN ****ED UP EVEN HARDER GUYS. DON'T DICK AROUND WITH TIME TRAVEL.

Kinda sad we didn't see Senjougahara or Kanbaru
    I had zero* problems with this episode until I read that. I would have loved to see a younger Kanbaru.

Also that new op is kawaii but more mature than kaerimichi.
    I liked Kaerimichi better. This one felt kinda bland. Probably because for this season all of the OPs have just been just one character animated with lame CG stuff thrown in.

That's something I love about how Shaft handles their shows. Outside of the cast, there's almost no one that appears in Monogatari. There could be another reason for that, but when you only see 7 people in one episode, and that's on the higher end for people in episodes, that's cool in it's own way.
    And then there's Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei with about a million characters.
    *There's the whole loli sexualization thing
    but it's Monogatari so that's nothing new

I had zero* problems with this episode until I read that. I would have loved to see a younger Kanbaru.
    She's one of my favorite characters, but her story was one of the weaker ones in Bake for me.

And then there's Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei with about a million characters.
    Oh, that reminds me.

2 part OVA for Hidamari Sketch in November. Sae and Hiro's graduation
    Douglas Adams

She's one of my favorite characters, but her story was one of the weaker ones in Bake for me.
    "weaker" she tears out araragi intestines and swings him around by it! that doesnt sound weak to me. but ya i understand it wasnt my favorite of bake

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast