Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danganronpa - The Animation

Post Danganronpa - The Animation

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation

A group of 15 elite high school students are gathered at a very special, high class high school. To graduate from this high school essentially means you'll succeed in life, but graduating is very difficult. The school is presided over by a bear called Monokuma, and he explains to them that their graduation hinges around committing a murder. The only way to graduate is to kill one of your classmates and get away with it. If the other classmates discover the identity of the killer, the killer is the only one executed. However, if they fail to catch the killer, only the killer graduates and the others are annihilated. Which of the 15 will survive the bloodbath to come?

Danganronpa Kibō no Gakuen to Zetsubō no Kōkōsei (Japanese: ダンガンロンパ 希望の学園と絶望の高校生?, lit.Danganronpa: Academy of Hope and High School Students of Despair) is a murder mystery visual novel developed and published by Spike. The game was released exclusively in Japan for the PlayStation Portable handheld video game console on November 25, 2010. The series' title, Danganronpa, is compounded from the words bullet (弾丸 dangan?) and refutation (論破 ronpa?).

Trailer 1
    Trailer 2

Characters

Air Date: July 4th
    Number of Episodes: 13

Having read the translated LP (the game hasn't been localized yet), this anime should be amazing if they adapt everything loyally and don't rush it. However, the 13 episodes count kinda worries me.

I'm certainly looking forward to gradient-abused skin. And seeing people on Tumblr whine about how it's not ~perfect~.

I don't know how good of an adaptation this will be, since I didn't follow the LP and don't care to, but hopefully it'll be good in general.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue
    The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    I'm certainly looking forward to gradient-abused skin. And seeing people on Tumblr whine about how it's not ~perfect~
    Actually, being on Tumblr myself, majority of people seem to be genuinely excited about the anime, they don't see to be whining. :/

But yeah, I hope it'll be good, as long as it's not rushed.

Oh, I'm sure that, once it starts airing, there will be some complaints if it's "not perfect."

Or maybe they'll just all take it as perfect. Who knows.

I'm sure it'll be pretty good. But probably not perfect. My standards are completely out of whack, though.
    The usual links

Ah, given the 13 episodes, they're bound to miss something. Unless they follow everything perfectly and end it on a cliffhanger for S2.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Ah, given the 13 episodes, they're bound to miss something. Unless they follow everything perfectly and end it on a cliffhanger for S2.
    Can't wait for this >.<, wait! 13 episodes?
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Started by Crawdauntpro.

Trip is my baby, don't hurt or insult him!

BEST ANIME IN 2013 : DANGANRONPA THE ANIMATION.

this anime does have a cool concept, lets just hope its executed well in 13 episodes

Quote Originally Posted by The Admiral View Post
    I'm certainly looking forward to gradient-abused skin.
    You forgot to mention the pink blood. Dangan Ronpa isn't Dangan Ronpa without pink blood.

If they decide to follow the VN instead of the manga, there shouldn't be any problem, whether it's pacing or the little murder details. Though personally, while I do believe that 13 episodes is quite short, 26~ episodes would have been too much.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    this anime does have a cool concept, lets just hope its executed well in 13 episodes
    They honestly butchered Devil Survivor 2's story in 13 episodes, and this is by the same director, but the plot of Dangan is a lot simpler than DeSu 2. The big problem though is that both of them have massive casts, but 13 episodes just isn't enough to give them all decent screen time. I'm definitely looking forward to this, but I'm not setting my hopes TOO high.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrak View Post
    They honestly butchered Devil Survivor 2's story in 13 episodes, and this is by the same director, but the plot of Dangan is a lot simpler than DeSu 2. The big problem though is that both of them have massive casts, but 13 episodes just isn't enough to give them all decent screen time. I'm definitely looking forward to this, but I'm not setting my hopes TOO high.
    Well here's something positive - the game demo of Dangan Ronpa as well as the trailer fooled people into thinking someone is gonna die by actually going as far to making that person dead during the demo and the person who was supposed to die alive and participating in court. The anime trailer did the same thing so if anything, they're pretty much following the deceit of the game trailer.-

Well here's something positive - the game demo of Dangan Ronpa as well as the trailer fooled people into thinking someone is gonna die by actually going as far to making that person dead during the demo and the person who was supposed to die alive and participating in court. The anime trailer did the same thing so if anything, they're pretty much following the deceit of the game trailer.-
    That is pretty awesome. ^^ In the anime I hope they at least give Chihiro and Kyouko good screen time since those are my favorite characters. =P

Loved the first episode, nice exposition and set-up for the future. So far standout are Misato, Fujisaki, Ishimaru, Maizono, Byakuya, Celestia and Mondo. They all have great characterization and Monobear reminds me of a non-morally gray version of Kyubey. I know there are some pacing issues apparently, but I haven't even read the story. Might follow it along as the anime goes on. The art style is unique and the music stands out well too. Animation is commendable as well, but I really really like the designs of most of the characters. Ishimaru's being my favorite, given his soldier look.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 5th July 2013 at 9:53 PM.

From wat i read about the game to graduate u have to kill and get away with it. but they never mentioned the getting away with it part in the anime

The first episode was pretty good. Not as gradient-skin-abused as I was expecting, though I'll admit to having seen only a few stills of previews and was basing it also off of P4A's style (what I'd seen of that).

In all, I think this served as a fine introduction, and I'm expecting this to get really damn crazy in the coming weeks.
    The usual links

This first episode was actually pretty good. Apart from Wingzx's aforementioned omission of critical information, it did a good job setting the stage for the rest of the show and at the very least introducing all the characters.

Okay, this episode was rushed (as expected) but I liked it. I love how they're deceiving those who haven't read the LP or played the game yet so it should be interesting to witness the reactions of people throughout the next couple of episodes. Though the animation was kinda sloppy - the art sticks to the game one but the animation is just ... as if they didn't even bother. I wish they put in more effort.

I love the ED song, though.

Double post, sorry!

Episode two hasn't been subbed yet but I've seen the raw and I gotta admit that I found this episode to be much better paced in terms of being a game adaptation. They left out some things such as how the golden sword got into Naegi's room (though I can understand why they skipped it as they're short on time) and the very investigation was short, but I'm pretty confident we'll see most of the investigation as flashbacks during the actual trial. The OSTs keeps being amazing and I found the animation quality of this episode to be much better than the previous one.

I find the remixed OP okay, I liked the instrumental version better, but I love what they did with the ED.

Overall, a great second episode of Danganronpa - I actually have hopes they can adapt this properly now.

This anime is definitely great. It slightly bugs me that the blood is a hot pink color, but that's censoring for you.

I was kind of shocked that they killed off Maizono so soon. I thought of her as a main character. Guess I was wrong with that.

I do have an idea of who killed her, but I can't be 100% sure since I haven't played the game. (This is based off a game, right? Or a visual novel or something...)

Spoiler:- My guess:

Quote Originally Posted by Xionea View Post
    This anime is definitely great. It slightly bugs me that the blood is a hot pink color, but that's censoring for you.

I was kind of shocked that they killed off Maizono so soon. I thought of her as a main character. Guess I was wrong with that.

I do have an idea of who killed her, but I can't be 100% sure since I haven't played the game. (This is based off a game, right? Or a visual novel or something...)

Spoiler:- My guess:
    i agree. i thought the love intrest would last alot longer but im Totally ok seeing her killed off i didnt like her.

its based off a Vita game and with your prediction i also agree thats who i think did it to

The blood is pink because it was like that in the games.

...And Dangan Ronpa started as a PSP game.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    The blood is pink because it was like that in the games.

...And Dangan Ronpa started as a PSP game.
    That's just silly though. The story is pretty dark and yet they decide to give them pink blood? At first I thought it was just a joke, and she used paint to pretend to look dead. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought something along those lines.

Having watched the second episode -- Monobear is the absolute worst part of this series. Otherwise, though, this is actually pretty good, and certainly this episode was more interesting than the first -- but it also wasn't an introduction episode.
    The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Xionea View Post
    That's just silly though. The story is pretty dark and yet they decide to give them pink blood?
    They used the pink blood to avoid the 'adult' rating.

I have to give credit to Makoto Naegi's voice actor. That scream when he found her... it unnerved me so bad I had to step away from the computer for a while.

Also, I've noticed that Naegi seems to have more of a personality here than he did in the games. He's more likable in my eyes. That scene with Sayaka in his room made me giggle. XD Sadly, as a veteran of the Something Awful LP, I knew it wasn't gonna last.

I'm looking forward to how they portray the trial in the next episode!

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Quote Originally Posted by Locked In My Asylum View Post
    I have to give credit to Makoto Naegi's voice actor. That scream when he found her... it unnerved me so bad I had to step away from the computer for a while.
    Ogata Megumi is one of my favorite seiyuu. ^^ The scream being horrific definitely makes sense considering she's the same VA as Shinji from Evangelion...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast