Thread: Pokemon Black 2 game (Don't kill me for my choices)

Default Pokemon Black 2 game (Don't kill me for my choices)

Okay, so, I'm new to this whole website
    I basically joined it because I want to stay in touch with news and be able to talk about Pokemon with fellow fans. So anyways, I've played every Pokemon game under the sun. Literally. So I knew what I was doing when I made this team, and had a buttload of time to raise their EVs and such.
    But yeah
    Here we go

Umbreon
    Level 100
    Held Items: Leftovers
    Moveset: Toxic, Baton Pass, Heal Bell, and Dark Pulse
    EVs: 252 defense, 252 spA, and 2 HP

Glaceon
    Level 100
    Held Item: Ice Gem
    Moveset: Heal Bell, Ice Beam, Blizzard, and Protect
    EVs: 200 attack, 156 spD

Leafeon
    Level 100
    Held Item: Grass Gem
    Moveset: Leaf Blade, Razor Leaf, Protect, and Giga Drain
    EVs: 137 defense, 252 speed

Vaporeon
    Level 100
    Held Item: Mystic Water
    Moveset: Surf, Aqua Ring, Rest, and Hydro Pump
    EVs: 252 attack, 197 speed, 4 HP

Flareon
    Level 100
    Held Item: Fire Gem
    Moveset: Heat Wave, Fire Fang, Baton Pass, and Flamethrower
    EVs: 126 defense, 172 speed

Espeon
    Level 100
    Held Item: Twistedspoon
    Moveset: Psychic, Calm Mind, Shadow ball, and Hypnosis
    EVs: 252 spA, 217 spD

So yes, they're all eeveelutions
    oops, I guess

I'm guessing you aren't done fully EV Training, as not all of the members of your Team have 510 EVs.

This may sound somewhat silly ingame, but Umbreon makes a good Wish Passer to support your Team, as his Wishes are quite huge, so you should be able to heal most off your weakened Sweeper's Hp. Get rid of Baton Pass for Wish. Payback > Dark Pulse on Umbreon always, Umbreon is slow and has terrible SpA anyways.

I'm kind of iffy when it comes to Glaceon due to its barren movepool, and the fact you already have support from Umbreon and Vaporeon who both have it covered. I'd personally run Jolteon with Charge Beam / Substitute / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball instead of Glaceon. If you can breed, Hidden Power [Ice] or [Fire] are also options.

Leafeon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Leaf Guard
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Leaf Blade
    - Swords Dance
    - X-Scissor
    - Return

I'm kind of lazy and short on time, I might give a full rate later. But, to summarize the rate;

Umbreon • Wish > Baton Pass and Payback > Dark Pulse
    Glaceon • switch to Jolteon
    Leafeon • switch to SD set above
    Last edited by Aura Sensei™; 22nd June 2013 at 2:05 AM.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Payback > Dark Pulse on Umbreon always, Umbreon is slow and has terrible SpA anyways.
    actually, Umbreon has 65 base Attack and 60 base SAtk, not much difference there.

Assuming Chiimney's Umbreon has a Modest Nature along with that 252 SAtk EV, wouldn't Dark Pulse be a better choice in terms of damage, then?

but yeah, I usually prefer to suggest Payback.

Which means, instead of SAtk, it's better to spend that 252 EVs into something else like HP, Def/SDef, or maybe Attack if you're really that worried about Payback's damage.

Also, Impish/Careful/Sassy/Relaxed are the best Natures for Umbreon, Sassy and Relaxed in particular, drops Speed, which benefits Payback.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

One thing that you generally want to avoid is having multiple attacking moves of the same type on one Pokemon, because unless each move serves a distinct purpose, you're missing out on valuable coverage by restricting your moveset like that, and one of your moves will almost certainly outclass the other moves of the same type.

Adding onto previous rates:

Surf is more reliable than Hydro Pump, as despite its lower power, it'll be hitting a lot more often than Hydro Pump will. There's no need to run both Surf and Hydro Pump on Vaporeon, so drop Hydro Pump and replace it with Ice Beam to hit Grass-types. Also, go with Shadow Ball > Aqua Ring, and Leftovers > Mystic Water. Shadow Ball gets you some more coverage, and instead of running an item which only boosts the power of one of your moves, you can use Leftovers, which gives you recovery (which works well with Vaporeon's bulk) and thus there's no need to run Aqua Ring. Also, Vaporeon, given its bulk, makes good use of Toxic to chip away at the opponent's HP, which you should run > Rest since you have Leftovers for recovery.

Flareon @ Expert Belt
    Rash nature
    ~ Work Up
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Superpower

This is my favourite Flareon set. Flareon has a respectable base 95 SpA stat, and given some SpA investment (or a +SpA nature), Flamethrower is more powerful than Flareon's strongest physical STAB move (Fire Fang), as well as more accurate than Fire Fang. Shadow Ball gives you some decent coverage and Work Up to boost both offences. Superpower is a powerful move that gets perfect neutral coverage alongside Shadow Ball, and the -Atk effect of Superpower isn't that major since you're not going to be using Superpower over and over again, and none of your other moves are affected by the drop in Attack. Flareon can hold an Expert Belt, which powers up all super-effective hits.

On Espeon, Hypnosis has shaky accuracy and Espeon doesn't have the defences to be playing around with Hypnosis, so I'd run Signal Beam > Hypnosis to cover your Dark-type weakness. Wise Glasses > Twistedspoon, as the former powers up your special attacks, making all of your moves more powerful, whereas Twistedspoon only boosts the power of Psychic.

On Umbreon, try getting Foul Play instead of Dark Pulse. Look up what it does, it's actually a really good move and has helped me very much on my Eeveelution Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    actually, Umbreon has 65 base Attack and 60 base SAtk, not much difference there.

Assuming Chiimney's Umbreon has a Modest Nature along with that 252 SAtk EV, wouldn't Dark Pulse be a better choice in terms of damage, then?

but yeah, I usually prefer to suggest Payback. Which means Attack EVs instead of SAtk EVs.
    Actually, investing into Umbreon's Atk and SpA are both pointless, it's not there to hit hard, but to be a solid wall and supporter. 252 Hp is a much better option. 65 / 60 attacking stats are terrible, even with investement it fails to hit very hard. To support my point, why invest in Atk when he only has one damaging move?
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Sensai View Post
    Actually, investing into Umbreon's Atk and SpA are both pointless, it's not there to hit hard, but to be a solid wall and supporter. 252 Hp is a much better option. 65 / 60 attacking stats are terrible, even with investement it fails to hit very hard. To support my point, why invest in Atk when he only has one damaging move?
    Yeah, my main point was telling the thread starter that the SAtk EVs must be changed if Dark Pulse is replaced with Payback.

Regarding the Attack EVs being pointless as well, that's a different matter XD Maybe Chiimney prefers to have Attack/SAtk EVs for in-game.

But I see your point, I should have mentioned the other stats as well

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I like the eevee flow but try having more then one type of move on the pokemon like glacé on with water pulse vaporeon with shadow ball flareon with dig or double edge or super power
    Leafeon x-scissor and synthesis
    Perhaps try an jolteon thunder bolt shadow ball hp drag/fighting
    And protect?
    Dragons are your friends
    Currently looking for
    For trade (shiny flawless) almost any legendary or any normal Pokemon
    Also ev train and I'v bread 1-3 stats and natures with egg moves

Welcome Chiimney.
    Actually those are great levels so the level part is fine. You haven't done full EV training but you've done quiet a few so that's good.
    Maybe replace baton pass with another move. Glaceon is pretty fine but having two heal bells either comes to your advantage or your disadvantage so remember that. Give it the nevermeltice item.
    Having both leaf blade and razor leaf is a bad idea. You already have Giga drain to heal up and damage or leaf blade when no need to heal. Give leafeon the move sunny day or grasswhistle. if worse comes to worse you can even use last resort. Give it the miracle seed
    Vaporeon. The aqua ring, surf then rest combo should be really great. Then ending with a hydro pump for the win, if it hits that is. But vaporeon is pretty much fine or replace rest/aqua ring with a defense move of your choice.
    Flareon: Having 3 fire type moves is probably gonna be used against you. Maybe have Heat wave or flamethrower and fire fang so you have special and psyical attacks. Or have both heat wave and flamethrower. Then replace whatever move you choose to delete with dig and/or hyper beam. Maybe give it the charcoal.
    Espeon.
    Pretty good with the hypnosis then set up the calm minds then beat everything up with psychic or shadow ball. So really that's a great combo.