Thread: Best Pokemon that work with Bulbasaur in Leafgreen?

Default Best Pokemon that work with Bulbasaur in Leafgreen?

I'm trying to decide which pokemon I should use for my Leafgreen that would work with Bulbasaur but I'm stumped. What is a good pokemon team that involves Bulbasaur? Pokemon that can't be included are legendaries, pokemon that evolve via trading, and pokemon that aren't from Kanto. Sorry for the strict requirements!

Well, usually if I build a team around my starter I look for things that can check his weaknesses, sort of like how one would make a competitive team but with none of the EV and nature bull.

So if you look at Bulba he's going to eventually evolve into a Grass/Poison type.

He is weak to Fire, Psychic, Ice, and Flying.
    And resistant to Water, Electric, Fighting, and Grass.

So just start covering your bases. Look at each weakness at a time. Thenice think about bulba is that he's really not going to have problems with many of the gyms at all. He can frankly hold his own for most of them. The only real one's he's going to have issues with are Blane, and Sabrina, he might need a bit of help with Erica and Koga but he's quite powerful. Its not really till the E4 where he starts seeing some slight problems.

When I ran with bulba in my team I used Nidoking, Clefable, Kadabra, Arcanine, and Vaporeon
    The team was built around synergy and all of them working together with either moves or type advantage. Just make sure you cover your checks and you should be good.

I'd like to point out though that even though you won't be able to evolve Kadabra he is still a really good Pokemon and even outclasses things like Hypno. Just because he isn't fully evolved doesn't mean you should over look him. Sadly by this time the special stat was split and he's not as OP but he's still a great mon. But you can beat the game with any Pokemon , no matter what it is.

Also another note sleep powder is a great move...that's it.
    Last edited by Dragoniss; 25th June 2013 at 5:46 AM.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

I think you should get pokemon to counter Bulbasaur's weaknesses, for instance, you could get a ghost pokemon, such as Haunter to counter psychic pokemon that could provide a lot of damage to Bulbasaur's future evolution states.

I'm also considering Flareon and Kangaskhan. They both can learn Shadow Ball, and in Generation 3 it was a physical move, and they both high attack power. Especially Flareon

Kangaskhan is much more solid than Flareon; if it doesn't 1-hit KO something then it has defenses to make it until the next attack. Plus it has a MUCH larger movepool than Flareon, like STAB Strength, Aerial Ace and Earthquake.

Also, a Pokemon to look at is Vaporeon. The only weakness it has is Grass and Electric, both of which are Special Attacks and won't do much damage. It's respectable 110 Sp.Att. with solid Surf would wipe out Venusaur's fire weakness like Charizard or Walls like Weezing. Of course, you'd need toxic to kill Special Walls like Blissey.

Finally, Snorlax is a good option also. If Venusaur is about to be hit by an ice or fire attack then switch in Snorlax; It's Think Fat ability gives it pseudo-resistance to those attacks, and having 160/65/110 defenses makes them even weaker. Snorlax can score huge hits with it's 110 PAtt. like Return/Body Slam and Shadow Ball, along with its access to RestTalk set.

Bulbasaur-->vensaur
    Kadabra-mr.mime
    Dodo-pidey
    Cubone-ryhorn
    Lapras-gyrados
    Growilithe-magmar