Thread: Reach for the Stars (Battle Tower RMT)

Default Reach for the Stars (Battle Tower RMT)

I'm not sure if people still rate Battle Tower teams at all, or maybe everyone has moved onto the Battle Subway. But with my recent interest in Platinum's Battle Tower and a couple failed streaks, I figured I should try to get this team rated.

Uxie@Choice Scarf
    Bold, Levitate
    -Trick
    -Thunder Wave
    -Stealth Rock
    -Memento

I can't remember the exact EVs I gave to Uxie, but the spread was intended to have it reach 136 speed after tricking the Scarf. The rest of the EVs were used to bring its special defense above its defense (so that Porygon and friends get an attack boost from Download), with the rest being poured into HP. As for the moveset, Trick should be obvious to give the opponent a Choice Scarf, while Thunder Wave negates the speed boost they get. Stealth Rock is there to break any Focus Sashes my opponent may have. And finally, when Uxie is done with everything else, Momento halves both the opponent's attack and special attack.

Registeel@Leftovers
    Careful, Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 140 Def / 12 SpDef / 6 Spd
    -Iron Head
    -Curse
    -Amnesia
    -Substitute

I believe this is pretty much the "standard" Battle Tower Registeel from what I'm aware of. The EVs were prety much taken from someone who managed to get over 2000 wins with a team that used Registeel. The set should be fairly straightforward. Sub helps to prevent hax, while Curse and Amnesia boost Registeel's stats. Iron Head gets STAB and has nothing immune to it.

Salamence@Lum Berry
    Adamant, Intimidate
    EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Dance
    -Substitute

The EVs may seem a bit awkward, but without at least 8 EVs in HP, my Salamence would have 168 HP at level 50, allowing it to only be able to make three subs. So, since I can increase speed with Dragon Dance, I decided to take 4 EVs from there and put them into HP, giving Salamene 169 HP and the ability to make four subs. As for the set, Substitute helps to protect against hax, as I mentioned with Registeel. Dragon Dance boosts both attack AND speed (something which Garchomp can't do), which allows me to outspeed the entire Tower after a few Dragon Dances. Finally, Outrage and Earthquake hit virtually every Pokémon except Skarmory and Levitating Bronzong for at least neutral damage.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Seems like a bread and butter TrickScarf Psychic / Steel / Dragon Battle Tower Team.

I'm questioning the usage of Stealth Rock tbh; Flash is a better option in most cases so your Sweepers have an easier time setting up. Otherwise, even after a Memento, you may still take severe damage from a crit. Flash at least has the benefit of making it harder for the opponent to strike with hax, which easily ends Streaks. Uxie is better off with Timid or Jolly for the extra Speed, although if you don;t have another Uxie Bold is alright.

Dragon Claw is favorable to Outrage on Salamence, as most of the time you'll get to +6 and being locked into Outrage can prove costly. Dragon Claw allows you to switch between Moves, and although it is significantly weaker than Outrage, it is a better option tbh.

Other than that, everything looks fine, though nothing too special.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

I agree, a few Dragon Dances and Dragon Claw is just as powerful as Outrage, and this way you could give Salamence a Yache Berry to reduce ice damage.
    The road to become the Pokemon World Champion is a long one, but I aim to get there, one little step at a time.

Now on the Bulbagarden forums! http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/forum.php?referrerid=69106

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/hx6e69.png[/IMG]

Credit to the wonderfully skilled AWildMew.

^My guild.^ Closed because nobody joined. Oh well, I'll put it back up at some point. If you're interested in joining, VM me, I need the members.

^ Leftovers is superior to Yache Berry in this case, as Salamence really appreciates the recovery. Substitute will already protect you from Status and Ice Type Moves. Besides, you can at least 2HKO anything that runs an Ice Type Move at +6.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

The thing is, the Battle Tower enforces Item Clause, and Registeel already has the Lefties. In addition to curing Outrage confusion, the Lum Berry also can allow Salamence to switch in on choice locked status moves, cure the status, and then set up a sub to block any further attempts to status Salamence. And I'll probably switch Outrage for Dragon Claw since I've run into some cases where I'll end up choice locking a Ground immune Pokémon into a status attack, and if I switch Salamence into something like that, I have to hope Outrage lasts for three turns.

As for Uxie, I was considering Flash, but Uxie only seems to last for about three or four turns. So, I don't think I'd be able to get many Flashes in before having to use Momento. I could try running Flash for a while though.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.