Page 39 of 170 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 975 of 4226

Thread: Black Ice

  1. #951
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Black Ice Cave
    Posts
    414

    Default

    I think your problem, JC, is your Ninjask. There's a reason it was OU last gen and is now NU. Try something that can set up Spikes or Stealth Rock.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

    My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

    Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

  2. #952
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    I think your problem, JC, is your Ninjask. There's a reason it was OU last gen and is now NU. Try something that can set up Spikes or Stealth Rock.
    My problem is more choosing rather to use Sword dance, protect, than pass, or to forget Sword dance and go straight for the protect and pass.

    3DS Friend Code: 2664 3074 5474
    360 gamer tag: Jade SpellBlade Msn/skype: JC-Kane@hotmail.com or JC-Kane.
    Pokedex and Boxdex Completion
    5th gen
    Pokedex: Complete Boxdex: Complete
    6th gen
    Kalos Dex: Complete

  3. #953
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Black Ice Cave
    Posts
    414

    Default

    No, I think it's just Ninjask. Or team preview: I blame that for everything wrong with this gen.
    Ninjask is incredibly easy to counter: bring it down to at least 50% HP and keep Stealth Rock up. You're relying on Ninjask to set up for you, which pretty much gives you only five Pokémon to battle with. That alone puts you at a disadvantage. You're better off having a bulky Pokémon Baton Pass a Dragon Dance. Or just not use Baton Pass. It was good, and now it's not.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

    My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

    Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

  4. #954
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    No, I think it's just Ninjask. Or team preview: I blame that for everything wrong with this gen.
    Ninjask is incredibly easy to counter: bring it down to at least 50% HP and keep Stealth Rock up. You're relying on Ninjask to set up for you, which pretty much gives you only five Pokémon to battle with. That alone puts you at a disadvantage. You're better off having a bulky Pokémon Baton Pass a Dragon Dance. Or just not use Baton Pass. It was good, and now it's not.
    eh we'll see.

    3DS Friend Code: 2664 3074 5474
    360 gamer tag: Jade SpellBlade Msn/skype: JC-Kane@hotmail.com or JC-Kane.
    Pokedex and Boxdex Completion
    5th gen
    Pokedex: Complete Boxdex: Complete
    6th gen
    Kalos Dex: Complete

  5. #955
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    in a very cold cave
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Im really sorry guys, just trying to figure out when I have time in between shcool (srry if Im not welcome here anymore D

    On a happier note (supposing im still in) what do you think is the coolest starter? I think its Checpin because he looks original unlike vulpix and seismitoad

    [Credit to DasBoot for the awesone banner!]

    [Credit to Snowflake for making this!]
    ING: Gem
    Black FC: 4599 2292 5028

  6. #956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andzedan000 View Post
    Im really sorry guys, just trying to figure out when I have time in between shcool (srry if Im not welcome here anymore D

    On a happier note (supposing im still in) what do you think is the coolest starter? I think its Checpin because he looks original unlike vulpix and seismitoad
    Fennekin...... And Froakie......., do not...... Look........ Like......... Vulpix and seismitoad..........
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  7. #957
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    in a very cold cave
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Fennekin...... And Froakie......., do not...... Look........ Like......... Vulpix and seismitoad..........
    I mean that why, WHY, would I pick a fire fox pokemon Or a water frog pokemon, if I can get them through different ways. At least chespin is original.

    [Credit to DasBoot for the awesone banner!]

    [Credit to Snowflake for making this!]
    ING: Gem
    Black FC: 4599 2292 5028

  8. #958
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Surprise, Az
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Throwing knives are fun...


    Officially claimed Dominic Santiego from the Gears of war series

    Friend code:
    3ds: 2509 2089 0857

    Black ice never dies. cut one head off, another two grow back. Just look in the miror and see that you will crumble before the might of Black ice.
    http://blackice.forumotion.com/

    Visit the Black Ice youtube channel today and Subscribe!https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVU...PN_n9LOvZtmhxQ

  9. #959
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andzedan000 View Post
    Im really sorry guys, just trying to figure out when I have time in between shcool (srry if Im not welcome here anymore D

    On a happier note (supposing im still in) what do you think is the coolest starter? I think its Checpin because he looks original unlike vulpix and seismitoad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Fennekin...... And Froakie......., do not...... Look........ Like......... Vulpix and seismitoad..........
    Quote Originally Posted by andzedan000 View Post
    I mean that why, WHY, would I pick a fire fox pokemon Or a water frog pokemon, if I can get them through different ways. At least chespin is original.
    Cuz Fenekin's evolved form is a fox on 2 legs...and only 1 tail... nintails ain't got nothin' on that... besides, it's not confirmed rather it'll be pure fire or Fire/Psychic yet as it?


    anyways, honestly the water type does kind look cooler..atleast the 2nd form looks cooler than the others.

    3DS Friend Code: 2664 3074 5474
    360 gamer tag: Jade SpellBlade Msn/skype: JC-Kane@hotmail.com or JC-Kane.
    Pokedex and Boxdex Completion
    5th gen
    Pokedex: Complete Boxdex: Complete
    6th gen
    Kalos Dex: Complete

  10. #960
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    47

    Default

    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-52388934

    ^ lost to rapidgator... strange... first i made a small mistake... but then... why didn't that Red Card work... is it cuz I was KO'd? I thought it worked no matter how I was hit.

    3DS Friend Code: 2664 3074 5474
    360 gamer tag: Jade SpellBlade Msn/skype: JC-Kane@hotmail.com or JC-Kane.
    Pokedex and Boxdex Completion
    5th gen
    Pokedex: Complete Boxdex: Complete
    6th gen
    Kalos Dex: Complete

  11. #961
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Black Ice Cave
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Seismitoad is a toad, and Froakie's a frog. Frog ≠ toad
    Vulpix is a kitsune fox and Fennekin is a fennec fox. Fennec ≠ kitsune

    For more details on why they aren't that similar, use Google.


    Quote Originally Posted by JCKane View Post
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-52388934

    ^ lost to rapidgator... strange... first i made a small mistake... but then... why didn't that Red Card work... is it cuz I was KO'd? I thought it worked no matter how I was hit.
    Red Card only works if the holder survives.
    Last edited by LordVader2719; 23rd September 2013 at 1:36 AM.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

    My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

    Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

  12. #962
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post


    Red Card only works if the holder survives.
    Yeah you said that on the xat... pitty... ah well.
    Last edited by JCKane; 23rd September 2013 at 5:08 AM.

    3DS Friend Code: 2664 3074 5474
    360 gamer tag: Jade SpellBlade Msn/skype: JC-Kane@hotmail.com or JC-Kane.
    Pokedex and Boxdex Completion
    5th gen
    Pokedex: Complete Boxdex: Complete
    6th gen
    Kalos Dex: Complete

  13. #963
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Hmm so, considering that we are now closer to 1000 posts anyone wanna do a tourney now???? for the 1000th post? If not we cna jsut ignore me and act like i never posted this....



    This is my lovely badge for the Shadow Star league click on the league to look at it:

    My 3DS friend code is 3282-3275-6248 if anyone wants to add me you can.
    Credits:
    LordVader2719, Quilt, Anakbae/Godzilla, FairyWitch and SNOWFLAKE

  14. #964
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Black Ice Cave
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alomagicat View Post
    Hmm so, considering that we are now closer to 1000 posts anyone wanna do a tourney now???? for the 1000th post? If not we cna jsut ignore me and act like i never posted this....
    It is about time we have a tournament. However, standard tournaments are boring. No, no, we need something different. Any ideas are welcome.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

    My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

    Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

  15. #965
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    It is about time we have a tournament. However, standard tournaments are boring. No, no, we need something different. Any ideas are welcome.
    By standard do you mean standard format (fight, winner moves on, loser is done) or a standard battling rules (standard ou, uu, etc)


    Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

  16. #966
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Black Ice Cave
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    By standard do you mean standard format (fight, winner moves on, loser is done) or a standard battling rules (standard ou, uu, etc)
    Standard battling rules are boring.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

    My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

    Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

  17. #967
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    Standard battling rules are boring.
    We could do the MetroKarp tourny



    This is my lovely badge for the Shadow Star league click on the league to look at it:

    My 3DS friend code is 3282-3275-6248 if anyone wants to add me you can.
    Credits:
    LordVader2719, Quilt, Anakbae/Godzilla, FairyWitch and SNOWFLAKE

  18. #968
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Why not, do a 3 on 3 battle swap tournament?

    3DS Friend Code: 2664 3074 5474
    360 gamer tag: Jade SpellBlade Msn/skype: JC-Kane@hotmail.com or JC-Kane.
    Pokedex and Boxdex Completion
    5th gen
    Pokedex: Complete Boxdex: Complete
    6th gen
    Kalos Dex: Complete

  19. #969
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    428

    Default

    RU and lower, no STAB moves.

    Boom.

  20. #970
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Black Ice Cave
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alomagicat View Post
    We could do the MetroKarp tourny
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by JCKane View Post
    Why not, do a 3 on 3 battle swap tournament?
    Maybe.

    Quote Originally Posted by StonE EdgE View Post
    RU and lower, no STAB moves.
    Maybe. When you say "no STAB moves," do you mean just attacks? Or are you including status moves with it? E.g. a Typhlosion with Sunny Day.
    Last edited by LordVader2719; 26th September 2013 at 5:30 AM.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

    My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

    Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

  21. #971
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    No.

    Maybe.

    Maybe. When you say "no STAB moves," do you mean just attacks? Or are you including status moves with it? E.g. a Typhlosion with Sunny Day.
    STAB Means Same Type Attribute Bonus (or something extremely.close) That word "bonus" means a power boost, status moves don't deal damage so he obviously mean attacks


    Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

  22. #972
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Black Ice Cave
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    STAB Means Same Type Attribute Bonus (or something extremely.close) That word "bonus" means a power boost, status moves don't deal damage so he obviously mean attacks
    Not necessarily. If I'm not mistaken, STABmons can learn any attack of their type, regardless of being an attack or a status move. However, I've never played STABmons, so I wouldn't know. Either way, my new RU team qualifies.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

    My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

    Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

  23. #973
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    494

    Default



    Member sweep will start in 3 days. This only applies to those who have not posted between 9/15-9/29


    Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

  24. #974
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Black Ice Cave
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post


    Member sweep will start in 3 days. This only applies to those who have not posted between 9/15-9/29
    I just sent everyone who hasn't posted a message (with the wrong image. Fail). I even spammed it on failbook for those few who have friended me.
    Sully said he can't post due to school, recently moving, and having a broken computer. I guess he doesn't realize that he can access Serebii on whatever he's using. That or it's annoying to do so. In any case, he did inform me of his inactivity.
    As of right now, eight people will be removed.


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

    My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

    Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

  25. #975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    It is about time we have a tournament. However, standard tournaments are boring. No, no, we need something different. Any ideas are welcome.
    Well, since we are almost into the sixth generation, smogon is developing a ladder that incorporates the fairy type in the fifth gen meta, that could be fun.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Page 39 of 170 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •