Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Searching for a Wish! (793)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    OMG
    OMG
    OMG

Unexpected "Make a Wish" appearance. I love it so much. This thing completely shocked me.
    Beautiful ending :')
    The song's name is A Small Thing (Chiisaki Mono in Japanese) not Make a Wish, that's only the title for the English equivalent of the former song.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 27th June 2013 at 9:52 PM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Da! is on a roll, I didn't think I would like any of this episode at all, I legit didn't think I would. I thought Jirachi's debut would completely be a typical TR thief plot line in disguise judging from the summaries. I was surprised, this episode wasn't groundbreaking and it had a pretty basic idea but it was a good episode. I enjoyed the animation of Jirachi's Swift and Healing Wish, if it could have busted out of TR's little glass cage with Psychic I'm not sure why it didn't do that from the start. What really made the episode was hearing Chiisaki Mono at the end. I was expecting at least one piece of music from the Jirachi movie but I didn't foresee it being vocal. Getting it vocally was a whammy right in the emotions. The farewell scene and the music mingled together so well that it definitely brought a satisfying close to the episode and Jirachi going back to its 1,000 year sleep. The ending scene and music saved this episode well. I remember the instrumental vividly playing while Pikachu took on Oba's Goukazaru. Seriously, that ending scene made this episode worth watching in a way.

If the writers are going to force TR into every episode, I wish these Rocket battles at least had more essence and competence than a small struggle and Pikachu/Kibago Dragon Rage-Thunderbolting/Electro Balling them away every episode in a speedy blast off. I also wish they would change TR's motto animation a few times for Da! already, we've had the rose animation for ages know. They have quite a few they can cycle through.
    Last edited by Doryuzu; 27th June 2013 at 9:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    There's no point to this episode
    It was advertising the Jirachi wi-fi event.

As for the actual content...
    <&Adamant> it was... um. Bad.
    <&Adamant> one of the worst episodes yet. In the series as a whole.
    <&Adamant> can't really explain beyond the fact that it was just... boring.
    <&Adamant> completely by the numbers, with nothing going for it
    <&Adamant> it's clearly an episode written because Gamefreak wanted a Jirachi episode to promote the Jirachi event, so I doubt there was all that much heart put into the writing either

Yeah... really didn't like this one.

I keep watching, and no where do I see Ash mention Jirachi before actually scanning it on the Pokedex like people said?

I was going to give this 4/10 but the ending was beautiful especially with the movie 6 theme. 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I keep watching, and no where do I see Ash mention Jirachi before actually scanning it on the Pokedex like people said?
    He looks at it and says "Are wa..." in a very "Hey, I know what that is!" tone right before scanning it. He recognized it.

So we went from completely ripping off OS episodes two weeks ago to completely ripping off movies now. This was literally Movie 6 gutted of anything interesting and turned into yet another generic DP filler - complete with the ending plagiarized right off of the movie!

I hope this comment isn't 'backhanded' enough to get me in trouble again...

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 17: The Bard and the Diva
    Next: Winter of Discontent

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Pretty much I've gotta say it's relatively similar to the movie (even going so far as to use music from the movie), except for a few things, like JJM being more involved and such. Not a bad episode, but like the movie, kind of depressing in a way.

On a side note, I thought there was only one Jirachi though...
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

I cried sooo much!!! what an ending!! and that song!!! ehhhhhhhhhrghhh

i think i'm in love with this saga, and beautiful episodes like this reminds me off it

D:

Cutestttt ending ever!!!
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Butler View Post
    So we went from completely ripping off OS episodes two weeks ago to completely ripping off movies now. This was literally Movie 6 gutted of anything interesting and turned into yet another generic DP filler - complete with the ending plagiarized right off of the movie!

I hope this comment isn't 'backhanded' enough to get me in trouble again...
    *Reports post* Just kidding. :P I actually agree wholeheartedly. I mean this episode should have stood out from the other DA fillers, but it didn't imo. The music was nice and the ending was cute, but in reality I wasn't entertained. This episode just felt like something from DP; the plot was just too generic like you said. I mean you know something is wrong with the anime when an episode that features a Legendary Pokemon feels skippable. I think Jirachi deserved better.

Hmm.

Regardless of the apparent notification of Jirachi by Ash (which didn't seem too concrete for me), the episode was fairly boring. However I did like Jirachi's appearance, it was made similar to Movie 6, and for that it seemed pretty epic. The ending was also quite touching.

Overall it was boring, but it had it's good parts.

6/10.

Does the girl remind anyone else of gwen from ben 10?
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Does the girl remind anyone else of gwen from ben 10?
    Slightly, aside from all of the crying she does in the space of 20 minutes.

To simplify things, since the girl wants to have fertile land, Jirachi grants it.

But Jirachi is a Steel element in Chinese Mythology. Shouldn't it be from Landorus?

I guess its a mimimal attempt as to, per say, try to make Jirachi look like the most naive of all the Legendaries ever made. He's a GOD to those people. Reminds me of that one fanfic where Jirachi is quite like the Jesus of Pokemon from seeing the carved statue. Weird humor that some fanfics dub the terms "Jirachi Christ ---" kin of quote.

As for the anime though, are the animators of this series the same one all the way from the start?
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    To simplify things, since the girl wants to have fertile land, Jirachi grants it.

But Jirachi is a Steel element in Chinese Mythology. Shouldn't it be from Landorus?

I guess its a mimimal attempt as to, per say, try to make Jirachi look like the most naive of all the Legendaries ever made. He's a GOD to those people. Reminds me of that one fanfic where Jirachi is quite like the Jesus of Pokemon from seeing the carved statue. Weird humor that some fanfics dub the terms "Jirachi Christ ---" kin of quote.

As for the anime though, are the animators of this series the same one all the way from the start?
    Except you are ignoring an important aspect of Jirachi. It can grant wishes. It can't grant certain wishes properly (as seen in the 6th movie), but I'm pretty sure making a land fertile is within reason, since that's not creating something out of nowhere, and is merely manipulating the soil.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

After four episodes of using the wrong opening sequence, the correct one is finally in place for this episode. Hopefully it stays that way. No more N/Team Plasma misleading here.

It's nice to see Jirachi in the anime, and how Ash may have recognized it's status as a legendary. Especially from Movie 6.

You gotta admit, Jemma sounds very determined to get her wish to restore the mountain to it's originals tate. As well as bringing back her father from being lost. But then he just appears out of nowhere at the end. Okay? Eh, as long as he's around.

And finally!! The Team Rocket Motto was fully performed correctly and originally! James said "To unite all people within' our nation", with "all" replacing "the". It sounds a lot better (and fluent) that way, to be honest.

Woah. Did Jirachi just mouth the words "thank you" at the end. Oh my gosh. Even further sights to having Pokemona and humans communicate in the future. That was a beautiful scene.

A very heartwarming feeling at the end. The scene was handled great.

They finally got the intro right again, so for anyone that thought they were somehow hinting at airing the rocket vs plasma two parter still. Jirachi's voice was cute, and jemma, or gemma..(?) Was cute. One of the few good ones in da. More emotional than any episode in awhile.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

It was a good episode about Jirachi. Everything turned out alright in the end.

James got his line right! Only took him half a year!

I loved this episode jirachi is cute and Gemma was really cute and fun too. I swear her voice sounds like Chermi but not sure if it was her. I know Tom likes to get big VA names for one shots so yeah...

I really hope Team /Rocket keep this motto for Kalos myself

No more misleading openings.

It's been two years since you saw your husband, yet your girl grew up pretty fast. I bet Ash is laughing at time skips. It should've been sixteen years ago.

I think I heard Jirachi say thank you, but it was pretty silent. I was hoping...wishing...no, hoping it'd use Doom Desire. Oh well.

(BTW, English Jirachi sounds just like Emolga.)

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

I actually thought the same thing; Jirachi did sound pretty close to Emolga.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    (BTW, English Jirachi sounds just like Emolga.)
    Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I actually thought the same thing; Jirachi did sound pretty close to Emolga.
    It's not "English Jirachi", this Jirachi was voiced by Mika Kanai who also does the voice for Iris's Emolga (another Japanese voice kept in the dub).
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

This was an ok episode. I didn't really think it was good overall.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Fine episode. Jirachi is fun to see in a regular episode. And yes, no more opening mistakes. Hope that keeps up.

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    I cried sooo much!!! what an ending!! and that song!!! ehhhhhhhhhrghhh

i think i'm in love with this saga, and beautiful episodes like this reminds me off it

D:

Cutestttt ending ever!!!
    Could not have said it better really good
    episode, brings me back... gema was okk good ending

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast