Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Change Your Passwords - Today's Occurrences

Default Change Your Passwords - Today's Occurrences

Hey all,

As you probably saw, we were compromised briefly today. Thankfully nothing was severely damaged, just the templates which we have since fixed. Unfortunately, it does look like part of the user database may have been compromised. We do not know to what extent, but it would be best for you to change your password for forums and possibly your e-mail account, if they shared a password.

I apologise for the inconvenience, and we're putting in even more protection so this doesn't happen again.

This is reassuring. The same person has been doing this to multiple forums, such as Smogon and PokemonGTS.

It is very possible that they will strike at another big forum, so we should watch put for that as well. I also have something interesting to PM you Joe.....
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

Last time something like this happened was in 2005, was it? I am glad that the hackers could not inflict much damage... yes, we should definitely be more cautious...

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Yeah it worried me until I checked your twitter.
    Currently playing my second run of White 2

Well, I am glad everything was fixed quickly. Several other places have been hit with these sorts of events lately, some lasting longer than others. Good to know that this was both short, and non damaging.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

Thank goodness nothing happened. I believe in you, serebii, so I'm now okay. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Luckily I had more informations by your Twitter acount.
    Thanks to you now, the site is now in perfect shape.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Here's their Twitter. Aside from that, I have nothing else to say bar that I'm glad that it's over.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by PerseusRad View Post
    This is reassuring. The same person has been doing this to multiple forums, such as Smogon and PokemonGTS.
    Yeah, and it looks like Smogon is still down. Seriously, though, that woke me up for sure. Good thing nothing too serious happened. I also remembered why I always keep my sound muted. :S
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Is there a way to stop this guy's rampage?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelrush View Post
    Is there a way to stop this guy's rampage?
    Pretty sure if someone were to contact the FBI he could get in legal troubles.

Listen to your admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It would be best for no further action to be taken by you guys due to it possibly causing the issue to escalate
    Last edited by The DragonKnight; 27th June 2013 at 9:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The DragonKnight View Post
    possibly. he has been hitting a ton of other forums, so there is a lot of evidence or whatever.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

No wonder the XY skin disappeared on my screen, but luckily nothing was severely damaged and thank you Serebii for fixing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Here's their Twitter. Aside from that, I have nothing else to say bar that I'm glad that it's over.
    Has that guy nothing better to do than deface sites? >:c
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by The DragonKnight View Post
    I would be glad if that happened. He deserves it. Why did he do that, anyway? Just for fun?

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

It would be best for no further action to be taken by you guys due to it possibly causing the issue to escalate

thank goodness serebii is up and running....it's like we have so many frnds here....!!

edit : yes awildmew maybe just for fun
    #justforfun #useless #troublemaker

I have to say that I wasn't very worried since I believed that things like this happen to big forums all the time but going trough these comments revealed that this really wasn't that common at all. But, I glad everything is safe and I trusted the Serebii staff to fix the problem soon. And it was a quick and good work (fixing the problem, I mean!), big thanks to everyone behind it.

I discussed about this with my friend who has also signed here and we though about the possibility that the guy is ex-Pokémon-player who accidentally failed to catch a shiny Rayquaza (or something else as epic) in his/her game and now seeks revenge to all Pokémon forums. Oh, maybe better not joke about this but I think that might be a valid theory... or not

Quote Originally Posted by SpoinkyPearl View Post
    I have to say that I wasn't very worried since I believed that things like this happen to big forums all the time but going trough these comments revealed that this really wasn't that common at all. But, I glad everything is safe and I trusted the Serebii staff to fix the problem soon. And it was a quick and good work (fixing the problem, I mean!), big thanks to everyone behind it.

I discussed about this with my friend who has also signed here and we though about the possibility that the guy is ex-Pokémon-player who accidentally failed to catch a shiny Rayquaza (or something else as epic) in his/her game and now seeks revenge to all Pokémon forums. Oh, maybe better not joke about this but I think that might be a valid theory... or not
    well...i know wat happened.....
    i guess he is jelous of my legit shiny celebi.....bwahahaha......xD

I wouldn't worry about this too much guys , Joe is awesome and the forums were back up in under an hour. I trust him to handle any bad stuff that comes our way and so should you.

But ya don't forget to change your passwords and all that good stuff just to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by Archangel; 27th June 2013 at 9:30 PM.

Until the End

Nah, I'm good.

I think we should just try and forget about it, clearly the person who did is looking for a reaction.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Wow, even Serebii got hacked. Glad you guys could fix it soon. As for Smogon, it looks pretty much like their web server got completely wiped. I hope the content wasn't lost.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

I was wondering what was going on with Smogon. Good to hear that things are under control again here at Serebii.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Out of all things you can possibly hack why pick pokemon related sites?

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Out of all things you can possibly hack why pick pokemon related sites?
    Maybe revenge for past supposed wrongdoings to them, or just because they hate pokemon, who knows?
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast