Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Change Your Passwords - Today's Occurrences

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Out of all things you can possibly hack why pick pokemon related sites?
    Playing around, Boredom, Revenge of some sort <.> Stupid crap like that <.>
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

They are probably jealous of pokemon.
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

Credits to Mr.Munchlax
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Talking with Clemont, Bonnie, Prof. Sycamore, Alain, Emile, and Dale and his group
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, USA
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Out of all things you can possibly hack why pick pokemon related sites?
    Because trolling that's why. He did it for a reaction, and in terms of communities the Pokemon community is rather large, plus we have huge things like smogon, and hitting smogon is like hitting one of our main pillars, so many of us rely on it daily, just like Serebii, Marrilland, or Poke Beach. Though I would have liked to see him hack the Sega boards and TSS. Now the sonic fan base would erupt and it would be rather hilarious. So many jimmies would be rustled.

Good to know you guys have things under control and its nice to see everyone taking the matter so maturely. I'll be on standby and see what happens but like they say, everything happens for a reason.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by PerseusRad View Post
    Maybe revenge for past supposed wrongdoings to them
    It was probably Dattebayo then lol. But I'm glad things are back to normal. I'm changing my password just in case though.

Maybe revenge for past supposed wrongdoings to them, or just because they hate pokemon, who knows?
    That first part reminds me of Da certain someone who won't be named that's now banned. I'm sure older members remember who I'm talking about, but yeah, that's something else entirely. EDIT: ninja'd But with Smogon as a target, maybe...

It looks like it's been more than just Pokemon this person has targeted in the past, though it still makes you wonder, why now? From what I'm understanding, the person starts with an account on said forum, so major forums and potential targets should probably start banning any user by the hacker's name, if they have someone by that name. (looks like Serebii already has that covered)
    Last edited by Psynergy; 27th June 2013 at 10:14 PM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Why hack SPPf, of all places? :/
    There's nothing interesting enough here worth the trouble. This is a Pokémon forum...

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    Why hack SPPf, of all places? :/
    There's nothing interesting enough here worth the trouble. This is a Pokémon forum...
    well.....it's simple as a trouble maker,....you go and make trouble anywhere thats all....you just have to make trouble....!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    It was probably Dattebayo then lol. But I'm glad things are back to normal. I'm changing my password just in case though.
    I don't think it'd be Dattebayo since other forums were hacked as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bleuumbreon View Post
    well.....it's simple as a trouble maker,....you go and make trouble anywhere thats all....you just have to make trouble....!!
    Well still, why not hack something a little more entertaining?

I got logged out a moment ago and was sent to the mobile version of the site when I logged back in, I did change my password and THEN this happened, don't quite get why that person keeps hacking everyone....

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

It's more than likely while all hackers and virus makers do what they do: they're bored and have a sick sense of humor
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

the guy hacks for a living i saw his twitter page nothing more...thanks serebii for the update i changed all my passwords anyway just in case on my email account and here....

Wait, I just logged on for the first time today. Can someone please tell me what happened?

Let's just repeat this post so it's continuously noticeable...

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    It would be best for no further action to be taken by you guys due to it possibly causing the issue to escalate
    Please guys, do not take matters into your own hands. When people advise you 'don't feed the trolls' it's for a good reaosn. Going into that twitter feed and shouting and moaning isn't going to make them think "Gosh, I best not pick on Serebii anymore, the users there know the F-Word!" it's going to make them think "LOL, so riled up, what will they think when I do this next trick...". So please, please, please, do not take any action of your own, anything you do may put the forums at further risk.

Quote Originally Posted by HetaOni View Post
    Wait, I just logged on for the first time today. Can someone please tell me what happened?
    Someone hacked the forum, and they're speculating on who did it. I have a personal theory, but I'd rather not share.

Edit: Also what Razor said.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco
    Listen to PerseusRad.
    http://i.imgur.com/EUkIomS.jpg

how do you change your password? I don't see anywhere to do i her (Sad as I have always used the password... )
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    how do you change your password? I don't see anywhere to do i her (Sad as I have always used the password... )
    Settings

Change Profile

And it should be near the top.
    Shinies:

Listen to PerseusRad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    go to the forums actions and profile settings are there...there you can change your password and email address and i agree with razor best not to take matters in your own hands...it will make it even worse...as long as all your passwords are changed on other stuff like emails and etc which are not the same as serebii you should be fine...

Someone hacked the forum, and they're speculating on who did it. I have a personal theory, but I'd rather not share.

Edit: Also what Razor said.
    I though everyone already knew who did it. He hacked two other Pokémon forums too, so he wasn't targeting Serebii in specific, meaning he doesn't necessarily have an SPPf account.

Go to your settings and there should be something under my account that says edit email and password
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I though everyone already knew who did it. He hacked two other Pokémon forums too, so he wasn't targeting Serebii in specific, meaning he doesn't necessarily have an SPPf account.
    I meant besides the Twitter page, but never mind.
    Shinies:

Listen to PerseusRad.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZoR LeAf View Post
    Let's just repeat this post so it's continuously noticeable...

Please guys, do not take matters into your own hands. When people advise you 'don't feed the trolls' it's for a good reaosn. Going into that twitter feed and shouting and moaning isn't going to make them think "Gosh, I best not pick on Serebii anymore, the users there know the F-Word!" it's going to make them think "LOL, so riled up, what will they think when I do this next trick...". So please, please, please, do not take any action of your own, anything you do may put the forums at further risk.
    Wouldn't it be easier to add that to the same announcement suggesting us to change our password, rather than posting it on every page in this thread? That way anyone can see it, even if they don't go to this thread. Still, I don't know anything about this kinda stuff, so maybe it's better this way...
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Hackers that hack websites are very sad individuals. I'm happy to hear this site didn't take heavy damage from the hackers. I'm changing my password asap.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari Type is Poison
    1693 1038 1902

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes after Bulbagarden next, but whatever I'm just glad we got this place back quickly.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

don't mess with hackers... it doesn't end well (It's like messing with the guy who has a gun don't do it)
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

It seems he was attacking the whole Pokemon forum community in general so I don't he actually is a regular visitor in any of the forums.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast