Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Change Your Passwords - Today's Occurrences

I didn't get any e-mails about it, so I guess I was safe, but went ahead to change my password anyway (and fixed the e-mail, that one was oooooold). I was meaning to change my password anyway because mine was so old and dumb, so guess this is as good an excuse as ever.

Also, nice work fixing everything up so fast. That's gotta be a record of some sort.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

If your account was damaged I don't think you'd be able to log back in.

Either way changed my email and password, I needed to change my email anyways cause my old one I don't use anymore. Nice big long password. Godd luck everyone!

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Just changed my password there

Great job fixing everything I didn't even notice

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I cannot believe this. Why is this even happening? I wonder...
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfree View Post
    What did he do exactly? I missed all the fun.

Given the hacker gained access to the database, he would have been able to download hashes of everyone's passwords (the passwords are not stored in plaintext anywhere). He could then run a dictionary attack on all the password hashes, and if you're using a simple dictionary word as your password he would be able to find it and then get into your account specifically or into your e-mail account or some other account you may have that uses the same password. If your password is short he could also run a brute-force attack on the whole list and find it that way, and technically he could run a brute-force attack for several years to find all of the passwords in the database, though that's unlikely. This is assuming vBulletin 4's password hashing is decent; I haven't actually studied it.

All in all it's fairly unlikely anything bad will happen, but it's still better to do it.
    Oh well ****. I guess I'll change it on here and my email. I don't want some creeper logging in as me.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Do you think it'd be a good idea to change our usernames too?
    funny enough i actually was planning on changing usernames today since i'm leaving for spain tomorrow... but with all this craziness we are changing some things in the ACP so i can't do it for a few more days. they'll get done, i promise.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

yeah if you don't change your passwords if it matches for example a personal site it could be bad...as well as playing as you like you said, best to change your password everyone...

Wow, pretty serious stuff.

Luckily my password is just random stuff that I wrote down xD

I will find you in real life and fall in love with you all over again.

I found an interview he did after he had hacked another forum a month or two back.

Judging by this, he may have gotten a hold of EVERYONE'S info here.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoFan82 View Post
    I hope someone hacks this scumbags twitter account. His karma will come someday. What comes around goes around.
    That would actually serve little good. At the very best it'd annoy him and you get his personal email, but it is highly unlikely he'd use an email worth anything.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Hey everyone, is Smogon back down? I got a message that said that the domain is up but no content has been added to the site.

I can't even access cached copies of the pages like I could a couple of weeks ago when this happened. I don't know much about how the Internet works, but this looks pretty bad.
    Pokemon Showdown still works, and people there say they are redoing some things to make the site more secure. They are probably just doing major maintenance at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    yeah if you don't change your passwords if it matches for example a personal site it could be bad...as well as playing as you like you said, best to change your password everyone...
    You should have different passwords for every website you use.

I've changed my password- thankfully it wasn't the same one I used on my email (since that has been hacked prior and I ended up changing it, making it a different one than the one I use here). Some people have way too much free time on their hands... :/

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

I wondered what happened. I had the Lapras skin on then it when to the regular skin. Glad nothing horrible happened. The guy that did it seems like a loser.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Macroboom View Post
    I wondered what happened. I had the Lapras skin on then it when to the regular skin. Glad nothing horrible happened. The guy that did it seems like a loser.
    Exactly what happened to me! lol
    Deli Bird Appreciator - If you think delibird deserves a evolution/mega, copy this to your signature!
    Friend Safari-Maractus, Sawsbuck and Oddish X FC : 0645-6287-8323
    Looking Master Balls, always

I have
    A plethora of Calm Eevees, which should have 31 IVs in at least SpA and SpD with yawn HA and Not
    Stuck in 5th gen (for now)Shiny Girantina, Palkia, Dialga,Shiny Litwick
    If you want more info, Private Message me

Ever Grande City was also attacked. I would like to thank the SPP administration on their behalf for their help!

Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

Quote Originally Posted by The DragonKnight View Post

You should have different passwords for every website you use.
    thats what im saying if you do have a same password that would be bad >.> as well as he really can't get much info on this site really just our name and etc..it should be alright..if all your other sites have different passwords doctorwho it should be fine...

Guys I really don't think we should be worrying. If he truly had intentions of getting everyone info and doing damage it would have been much harder and much more severe. All we can do is sit back and wait, and it's best to try and forget this happened, it's just feeding him your reaction.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    Guys I really don't think we should be worrying. If he truly had intentions of getting everyone info and doing damage it would have been much harder and much more severe. All we can do is sit back and wait, and it's best to try and forget this happened, it's just feeding him your reaction.
    exactly we just need to get over this and move on im sure he reading all this and laughing -_____________- cuaz they can still even when not logged in...i can search for this thread when not logged in and see what is going on...its still public...

I hope this dosen't happen again, It sure was a big mess.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

man, work. because damn hackers just did this means lazy people have to change pass's and stuff from emails ages ago egsdfersvsacscsc

Gee, it's events like this that really throw off my entire day. I get really paranoid about stuff like this and I start becoming a cyber hypochondriac and think every bizarre thing that happens is the work of a hacker. A hacker didn't get my email address, and I changed the passwords to stuff but still, I'm a paranoid individual. Brrrr. These kind of things are the things that scare me the most.
    Last edited by AllHailThrall; 28th June 2013 at 1:28 AM.

This may be a stupid question, but do you know who did it Serebii?

Wait, so what exactly has been going on? I understand that someone has just been randomly hacking forums, etc, but is that all?

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but do you know who did it Serebii?
    Here's the culprit.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
    I found an interview he did after he had hacked another forum a month or two back.

Judging by this, he may have gotten a hold of EVERYONE'S info here.
    on April 22, 2013
    Assuming it's the same guy, it doesn't mean that he got them all now. Possible, but not a given.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

This is really not gonna help me sleep at night. x-x

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast