Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon league patterns?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Really? Of the unova leage I only found 2 battles even worthy of watching-
    Bianca vs Cameron and Ash vs Stephŕn
    Apart from that, ash vs trip was rigged, cause Pikachu should've been KO'd as it was locked in a bind, and ash vs Cameron was just horrible, a worse showing there then any other league match (except Ritchie)
    I said i didnt like the league to a certain extent, mainly because for one there wasn't really many battles to begin with, the ones I did enjoy was ash vs Stephan and the first half of ash vs Cameron only because the second episode of Cameron's was rubbish, I enjoyed watching trip vs ash but only because it was over a lot faster than most people wanted, I didn't really like trip as a character, same goes for Cameron. And let's not even talk about that S**t axew gets lost episode.
    KROOKODILE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Really? Of the unova leage I only found 2 battles even worthy of watching-
    Bianca vs Cameron and Ash vs Stephŕn
    Apart from that, ash vs trip was rigged, cause Pikachu should've been KO'd as it was locked in a bind, and ash vs Cameron was just horrible, a worse showing there then any other league match (except Ritchie)
    The writers didn't plan the battle with Ash and Trip correctly. It would have been worse to have ash kicked out of the league so early. I know he had problems but he wasn't that bad to lose in the first round. Trip didn't need to go out like that either but the writers don't care about actual characters so I'm not surprised.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 11th July 2013 at 12:33 AM.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    The writers didn't plan the battle with As hand Trip correctly. It would have been worse to have ash kicked out of the league so early. I know he had problems but he wasn't that bad to lose in the first round. Trip didn't need to go out like that either but the writers don't care about actual characters so I'm not surprised.
    The writers do this with characters all the time unfortunately.
    Trip, Nando, Kenny all of them left so early.

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    Are we talking about leaving the League or Grand Festival early? Sure, I agree with Trip. You do have a point with Kenny. But Nando? He got Top 4 in Grand Festival, which is far from going out early. And it made sense why he went out early in the League. He was never one of Ash's major rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Are we talking about leaving the League or Grand Festival early? Sure, I agree with Trip. You do have a point with Kenny. But Nando? He got Top 4 in Grand Festival, which is far from going out early. And it made sense why he went out early in the League. He was never one of Ash's major rivals.
    I only meant the Sinnoh league for Nando.
    Poor guy probably could of one the Grand Festival if he only focused on contests

I only meant the Sinnoh league for Nando.
    Poor guy probably could of one the Grand Festival if he only focused on contests
    Well, it did make sense that he left early since like I said, he wasn't one of Ash's main rivals and he did so well in the Grand Festival so the writers probably wanted Ash's other rivals to go far in the Sinnoh League. I do agree that he would have probably won the Grand Festival if he only focused on Contests but I do feel that the Gym Battles definitely helped him improve as a Coordinator because they do have things in common.

The pattern is that Ash always uses reserves and improves his league rank during the even number generations. For whatever reason the writers don't give a **** during odd number gens but get it together in the even ones. If this pattern continues, Ash will make it to Top 2 in Kalos and win the 8th Gen league.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Paradise View Post
    The pattern is that Ash always uses reserves and improves his league rank during the even number generations. For whatever reason the writers don't give a **** during odd number gens but get it together in the even ones. If this pattern continues, Ash will make it to Top 2 in Kalos and win the 8th Gen league.
    They cared in Hoenn. Ash improved A LOT in Hoenn. Before Hoenn, Ash was always dependant on his older Pokémon to even get to the Top 8. But this time, Ash raised a team from scratch and barely lost to the league Champion

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    They cared in Hoenn. Ash improved A LOT in Hoenn. Before Hoenn, Ash was always dependant on his older Pokémon to even get to the Top 8. But this time, Ash raised a team from scratch and barely lost to the league Champion
    Agreed. Despite my disappointment that Ash did not use all of the Pokémon available to him during the Hoenn League, the fact that he only used the Pokémon he raised in Hoenn showed just how far he had come in being able to adapt to circumstances where he would be limited to a select # of Pokémon.

He improved even further/a LOT in the Sinnoh Saga as well. His League Performance there speaks for itself, and the battles he had with all of his rivals, be it Conway or Paul, were superb and showed us how far he had come from that boy from Pallet Town in Kanto. Mind you, I hated Sinnoh, but I'm willing to give credit where credit is due. That was some sharp, sharp writing.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 11th July 2013 at 2:54 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

What on earth are you talking about? I love how you pull this out of nowhere.

His hoenn team didn't really sit with me as one that was top 8 worthy but I suppose its better than the finish he had in unova. I just want ash to have a team that looked champion worthy by league time even if he does lose. And someone serious about winning would never use throwaway or fodder Pokemon in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    His hoenn team didn't really sit with me as one that was top 8 worthy but I suppose its better than the finish he had in unova.
    At that time in the series it was his most evolved team by a league. The only difference was Grovyle wasn't in his final stage but that's because they already knew about the Battle Frontier at the time.

And as seen with Torterra, its not like having a fully evolved starter makes much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    At that time in the series it was his most evolved team by a league. The only difference was Grovyle wasn't in his final stage but that's because they already knew about the Battle Frontier at the time.

And as seen with Torterra, its not like having a fully evolved starter makes much of a difference.
    Maybe so, but it still wouldn't seem right for a league champion to be standing on the winners podium with a pikachu and corphish alongside them. Plus I wager Torterra can take on any opponent grovyle did and win.

Interesting theory, this is so true! But idk if he will win the 8th gen league. Its rather obvi the writers don't want that to happen. The reluctances stems from the fact that if he wins, his journey will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Interesting theory, this is so true! But idk if he will win the 8th gen league. Its rather obvi the writers don't want that to happen. The reluctances stems from the fact that if he wins, his journey will be over.
    Sort of, but there's plenty he could do after winning a league, he could challenge the elite 4 and get crushed...
    He could still go To battle frontiers and other leagues, maybe rechallenge kanto? And after all they can always replace ash, and if marketing Pikachu is the problem, they can just give a Pikachu to a rival/traveling companion of a new character
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Though he achieved Top 8 again it felt lackluster this time around. He was beat in a 5 on 6 when Cameron himself got swept 3-0 even though he used a full team that time. Also Dino did better then Cameron did against Virgil and who knows whether Ash was strong enough to have beaten Trip had they battled in a 6 on 6 battle. In the end Ash didn't feel like he was 2nd or 3rd best in this league since he had no battles that made him look good aside from Stephan.

Hopefully the next league will follow the same path as the Silver Conference and Sinnoh League, meaning reserve usage, good and enjoyable battles.. and of course, progression. But of course every league has its flaws, so don't expect perfection..

Kanto - Ash's final battle was a cop out..
    Johto - Kanto Pokemon received more spotlight than the Johto team..
    Hoenn - Became repetitive with only six Pokemon being used..
    Sinnoh - Armaldo vs Quilava, yeah we didn't see it..
    Unova - Poorly shared victories and of course, Cameron..

Ideally i'd like for the so-called "good even numbered league pattern" to keep up, as Johto and Sinnoh had really enjoyable battles and showed Ash's progression as a trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Hopefully the next league will follow the same path as the Silver Conference and Sinnoh League, meaning reserve usage, good and enjoyable battles.. and of course, progression. But of course every league has its flaws, so don't expect perfection..

Kanto - Ash's final battle was a cop out..
    Johto - Kanto Pokemon received more spotlight than the Johto team..
    Hoenn - Became repetitive with only six Pokemon being used..
    Sinnoh - Armaldo vs Quilava, yeah we didn't see it..
    Unova - Poorly shared victories and of course, Cameron..

Ideally i'd like for the so-called "good even numbered league pattern" to keep up, as Johto and Sinnoh had really enjoyable battles and showed Ash's progression as a trainer.
    Ahahahaha, I am guessing this pattern.

It's not "good even number League pattern" but "a good natural power of 2 pattern." Which means, the 2nd league, 4th, League. 8th league, 16th league will feature reserves and will be epic. The 2^100th league is when Ash becomes Pokemon Master. My great great great great great grandson will watch it and pray for my Rest in peace.

Sorry, I am cranky cos it's 2 AM :x Shud sleep :3

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

He did great in the Sinnoh League. I hope he doesn't screw up the Kalos league. He should bring back his old Pokemon. Every 2 leagues, he brings back old Pokemon.

This pattern you people are coming up with has no basis. Ash could very well NOT use old Pokemon in the next league either.

Absolutely.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    This pattern you people are coming up with has no basis. Ash could very well NOT use old Pokemon in the next league either.
    No Pokemon anime pattern has any basis. It's just a case of , "oh this happened before, so it might happen again and I'd like that.."

It0's true that exist patterns. But regardiung patterns in this league every pattern was broken and they can break many patterns existent in this show. We can guess everything from patterns because you can be wrong many times.

Although discussion of paterns is fine, remember that there'0s true patterns that won't change for a reason and fan-made patterns that can be broken any time. I'll give two examples:

True pattern: The Pokemon movie will air in the second weekend of July (or third in some cases). This is a pattern that we shopuld follow because the movies are put int his time of the year because there's the time when the audience can watch the movie. If they put the movie for Christmas, they get 2 weeks of profit and end. And the movie debuted in the week of Marine Day. (who is a happy Mo9nday that happens today; it's no casuality that the movie debuted last Saturday).

Fan-made pattern: Ash will catch Fletchling because he always catch the bird. This pattern could be broken because the writers could decide to change it for another pokemon, specially after Unfezant dissappearment from the anime. (And because Talonflame is Fire/Flying; apparently there's Pidgey in Kalos).

Funny how they are all the less popular rivals, Trip didn't exactly have a big fan base.
    It's like whenever the writers find out that rival didn't so well with the fandom they try to drop themas fast as possible.
    Why else did Trip hardly appear in the series and just randomly leave after a battle without saying a word?

Well any ways, I hope they have Ash move up in this league, I think hey'll at least be back to his AG self.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Funny how they are all the less popular rivals, Trip didn't exactly have a big fan base.
    It's like whenever the writers find out that rival didn't so well with the fandom they try to drop themas fast as possible.
    Why else did Trip hardly appear in the series and just randomly leave after a battle without saying a word?

Well any ways, I hope they have Ash move up in this league, I think hey'll at least be back to his AG self.
    Eh in all fairness none of the other League rivals were all that popular either. They just stayed since none of them were really that pressured and some of them were actually meant to win the tournament or beat Ash.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast