Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Best Wishes discussion/speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I can't see this happening in the Japanese version 'cause Ash's seiyuu seems to love her job/role. However, Ash's English VA sounds bored all the time imo, so she might resign.
    Even though it was some time ago I remember seeing her talking about the dub and she didn't sound excited at all but I'm sure she was just embarrassed because of its role. But as I said it was some years ago and she sounds more committed to her job now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    There's a little detail in the new Ash pic that could potentially be ground breaking. He has longer hair, there's hair covering his ears now. That could be an error in this one image, simply a change in design OR it could mean he's aged.
    I'd say it's more of a art style change again before I'd say Ash got older...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Exception: Tracey Wut why?

Anyways, I'm not a huge fan of Ash's new costume. It looks a bit weird but I prefer it over BW's one.
    Because they're travelling to Pallet Town, Tracey is in Pallet Town, all other recurring characters are not guaranteed to be there when they arrive.

I feel sorry for Fer. He finally makes a thread worth living, and half of the posters start talking about everything XY: Seeing Ho-oh before he leaves to Kalos, XY-clothing - while that is specifically what this thread isn't about, and what Fer explicitly states shouldn't be discussed. Ash is not going to change clothes in Best Wishes, that will happen in XY-1, so it shouldn't be discussed here.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    right based on what we know

04/07 - Beheeyem
    11/07 - Movie 15 and Mewtwo Special
    18/07 - Alexa, Helioptile and Gogoat
    25/07 - Mystery island

01/08
    08/08
    15/08 - Noivern and Ghosts
    22/08
    29/08

05/09
    12/09
    19/09
    26/09

03/10
    10/10
    17/10 - XY anime start.

So I'm gonna speculate on what's to come

01/08 & 08/08 - if the Noivern/Ghosts ep is episode 15 then that would mean one of these weeks would be a break. As for the episode on the other week maybe a TR focused one? accounting for the emolga/TR pic
    22/08 - random episode
    29/08 - Clair debut. If the comet/hero thing from the Noivern ep does relate to Kyurem then maybe that's the reason Alexa & Clair are on the islands.
    05/09 & 12/09 - two parter involving Kyurem
    19/09 - Iris departure episode. Leaves go go train with Clair.
    26/09 - Cilan departure episode. Meets his brothers and returns to Striaton with them. But learns that Ash intends to go to Kalos so he can eventually meet him there
    03/10 - pallet town reunion episode
    10/10 - break before new saga
    Doing my (selfappointed) job now, aye? I have been slightly off last couple of days, haven't watched Best Wishes at all anymore, don't feel compelled to do so until the 18th.

My breakdown is almost similar.. I don't think we'll have a tournament we'll see Ash win. Ash won the awesome interesting Marine Cup within Best Wishes, that's it. No rival conclusions for Iris or Cilan, Ash's last rival interaction was a farce beyond compare: A 1vs1 in the preliminaries, or a 6vs5-full battle farce, you pick which was worse. So that's pretty much my biggest qualm with this series at this point. Ash hasn't won anything, that wasn't done within the first minute of an episode.

Either way: 9 dates left, assuming Tenten is the traditionalcrossgenerationalinternationalreleaseda y-break (TCGIRD-break for short. What do we have left?
    - Emolga and Team Rocket
    - Claire and Druddigon
    - Sayanora: Might be two episodes as you speculate.

The comet and the hero should refer to Kyurem, especially when they're inside ruins - cough*Ice Ruins*cough.. If it weren't located in ruins, then Deoxys could've made an appearance, because it has that meteorschtick, and acted as a hero in its most recent portrayal (DP-Deoxys), and would fit with Jirachi also having an animé appearance recently - as both are the sole RS-event legendaries. However, assuming for speculating purposes that it's Kyurem's arc, then how about:

August 1st: Emolga and Team Rocket

August 8th: When Dragon Master Worlds Collide! Dragonite vs. Dragonite!! Horrible pun is horrible
    - Island appears to be Dragon infested, has therefore attracted the attention of journalist Alexa, and the authorities have contacted Dragon Master Claire from Johto.
    - Iris and Claire bond, and they talk about their skills and fight.
    - Claire captures the Shiny Druddigon.

August 15th: Noivern appears! The legend of the comet and the hero!!
    - They enter the ruins to see what's going on, Alexa battles the wayward Ghost-types, and they learn of the legend of the comet and the hero.
    - Ash might resemble the hero.. I wonder where this might be going..

August 22nd: Kyurem Breaks out! Decolora Archipelago's greatest crisis!!
    - Kyurem is set free by Team Ro.. Nah.. Kyurem just breaks out due to some meteoric interference - or whatnot - and because the ghosts aren't blocking its outbreak anymore.
    - Probably resolved in one episode, set up was done in the August 15th episode.

August 29th
    September 5th
    September 12th
    September 19th
    September 26th
    October 3rd: Pallet Town

That leaves a few episodes for whatever the writers want to spam us with.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Err what? Why can't we talk about Misty, Brock and Gary for example? They are supposed to be in Kanto and that's where Ash is traveling to.
    Yes, Ash is travelling to Kanto, but can you guarantee that they'll be there when Ash arrives? Tracey is guaranteed, because he's at Oak's 24/7/52/12 until death do them part..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I think Iris and Cilan will leave in the same episode. Seems likely to me, they'll go their separate ways. This series just flew by, Iris and Cilan still feel relatively new and they're both probably leaving.

It felt like May and Dawn were in the anime for a long time, but Iris and Cilan feel short-lived. I know BW is only a 3 year series, but they still feel shorter lived than they should be...

I like the male character design, therefore I like ash's character design.

lololol xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think Iris and Cilan will leave in the same episode. Seems likely to me, they'll go their separate ways. This series just flew by, Iris and Cilan still feel relatively new and they're both probably leaving.

It felt like May and Dawn were in the anime for a long time, but Iris and Cilan feel short-lived. I know BW is only a 3 year series, but they still feel shorter lived than they should be...
    Why? Iris story is done her character, as for Dent unless they did something with him, he was a fun character and he should stay that way, instead of becoming boring like Takeshi by staying more time then needed, the characters feel done, so feeling like they were short lived makes no sense to me.

The problem with Cilan leaving at the end is that he didn't do much a part entertaining with his multiple hobbies and lively personality. It's a shame that he got so little for himself and especially his goal.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    The problem with Cilan leaving at the end is that he didn't do much a part entertaining with his multiple hobbies and lively personality. It's a shame that he got so little for himself and especially his goal.
    SOmething like this.

But to be honest, all I want to see is a reason why he would go/stay.

smh. As long as he just feels like it, I'll be satisfied with him leaving OR staying.

I just hope for someone as entertaining as him in X and Y...

He really was a good replacement to brock in my mind, even if i miss him.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Why did you think such thing?
    You know ash will sound like a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Like I said in my other post, I'm actually fine if the new kids are the same actually, they are there for the journey.

Still Dent thing is observing trainers and pokemon, so traveling would be the ideal way for him to meet multiple pokemon, he can do that a gym leader but traveling is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Why? Iris story is done her character, as for Dent unless they did something with him, he was a fun character and he should stay that way, instead of becoming boring like Takeshi by staying more time then needed, the characters feel done, so feeling like they were short lived makes no sense to me.
    True. Tracey was short lived as well but I could always tolerate him more than Brock because his appearances were usually short. I rather Cilan not fall into the Brock gap too. I like him, so there's no reason for me to get bored with him while everyone else around him is changed. This includes Ash as well. If Cilan were to go to XY, Ash might still make the seem mistakes he did while with him in Unova. But if he isn't there, then maybe they can have a much more mature Ash.

My ideal battle ever!

I like the linking of Clair to a potential Iris departure, but it seems a little early in the piece for her to leave. I'd have thought she'd leave a little closer towards the end of the saga, i.e. a couple of weeks later. Maybe after the group meets Clair, she spends a couple of episodes considering her options and then decides to leave for the Dragons' Den. That way, she'll have a dedicated departure episode. I earmark this for September 5th.

Cilan could go either way I suppose. I see him leaving in the third-to-last episode, which would be on the September 19th. He will leave regardless of whether he continues into XY or not, so that part of it isn't relevant to this.
    {Insert signature here}

i like some of the ideas mentioned and have had similiar thoughts.

iris leaving with clair would be great. and maybe in a combo way of testing iris, and seeing how ash has grown we can get the axew vs. scraggy battle that results in both evolving. (100% pro this and scrafty winning)

im hoping cilan leaves with his brothers (much as i like him, im hoping ash travels with that trio of shauna/tierno/trevor and tierno could be the resident cook)

far as the return to pallet town goes im kinda hoping that when ash shows off his new pokemon we get an episode of him seeing his pidgeotto, and maybe another of seeing his primeape
    said a almost 30 year old married guy who part time drives a van.

the way I'm thinking it will go is the last two weeks in September will be the Iris/Cilan leaving eps (preferably in that order).

Then the first week in October will be a pallet town finale followed by a week break before XY begins

If they both are leaving, I either want it to be the same episode, or iris leaving second, mostly because ash became friends with her first and they are more connected.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Agreed, Dento's situation is more like the relationship between a newly wed couple...the novelty wears off after two years(much sooner in the latter case).

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    If they both are leaving, I either want it to be the same episode, or iris leaving second, mostly because ash became friends with her first and they are more connected.
    which is one of the reasons I want iris gone first. We had episodes of just the two of them. Be nice to have a Ash/Cilan ep

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    which is one of the reasons I want iris gone first. We had episodes of just the two of them. Be nice to have a Ash/Cilan ep
    Wouldn't it make more sense for Iris to not go first? Given Ash and Iris's Pokemon all have a connection with each other? Dragonite/Charizard, Emolga/Snivy and Axew/Scraggy. Not that it really matters since I think they'll both depart at the same time anyway anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense for Iris to not go first? Given Ash and Iris's Pokemon all have a connection with each other? Dragonite/Charizard, Emolga/Snivy and Axew/Scraggy. Not that it really matters since I think they'll both depart at the same time anyway anyway.
    All? A few like you said. And those three you stated haven't had much focus at all lately. Dragonite/Charizard was more recent with Charizard's return, haven't had a Snivy/Emolga episode in ages, same with Scraggy/Axew

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    All? A few like you said. And those three you stated haven't had much focus at all lately. Dragonite/Charizard was more recent with Charizard's return, haven't had a Snivy/Emolga episode in ages, same with Scraggy/Axew
    I wasn't referring to episodes centered around their dynamics, but moments themselves. For example Scraggy and Axew's brotherly bond was one of the motives behind Scraggy leaving in search of Axew and Iris with Pikachu.

I wasn't referring to episodes centered around their dynamics, but moments themselves. For example Scraggy and Axew's brotherly bond was one of the motives behind Scraggy leaving in search of Axew and Iris with Pikachu.
    Even when we have those moments, they're short, inconsistent, and barely have any overall purpose or add to anything. Why not give those interactions more purpose and add it to the plot? Like the Durant kid kidnapping Axew episode? I'm talking about recently btw

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

I agree to be honest. Many of Iris's Pokemon have counterparts on Ash's team, so it makes more sense for Iris to be the last one to leave. Also, she actually has a tangible goal, so it would probably be in her best interest to remain in the cast as long as possible. I really hope the writers don't ruin her departure episode.

They should both leave the same time like Misty and Brock did back in Johto. It was just as emotional if they would have left separately. Besides, I don't want extra episodes stretched out just for some characters to leave.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I agree to be honest. Many of Iris's Pokemon have counterparts on Ash's team, so it makes more sense for Iris to be the last one to leave. Also, she actually has a tangible goal, so it would probably be in her best interest to remain in the cast as long as possible. I really hope the writers don't ruin her departure episode.
    i bet snivy and emolga hit it off i want charzard vs dragonite full battle

Or how about, when there's a new episode announced, anyone can do a thread about it, ending episode or not.

-_____-

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast